Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,660 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:50 AM

Unrequited - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (139461 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by KhalifaDam: 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
It’s like I shouldn’t finish this story. I’ve been looking for a reasonable gem like this without glorifying sexual contents like most stories on here does. �����
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 9:41am On Oct 21, 2022
Moura drop enough for us b4 u go camp...
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2022
jullyrosy:
Moura drop enough for us b4 u go camp...
Sure... I don't know when but I'd surely drop something before I leave. Thank you all for bearing with me and God bless y'all real good. Have a nice day and week ahead.
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moura7:

Sure... I don't know when but I'd surely drop something before I leave. Thank you all for bearing with me and God bless y'all real good. Have a nice day and week ahead.
All the best bro. You are mouthED
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:15am On Nov 01, 2022
Osun state y'all.
Happy New Month

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by efeteb: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2022
Enjoy your stay in camp and your service year. If you're a Christian, Rural Rugged is one of the best things that would spice your year.
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2022
efeteb:
Enjoy your stay in camp and your service year. If you're a Christian, Rural Rugged is one of the best things that would spice your year.
What's rural rugged?
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2022
Moura7:

What's rural rugged?

A group of corpers/Christians who go out for evangelism etc
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
jullyrosy:

A group of corpers/Christians who go out for evangelism etc
OH ok
Re: Unrequited by Debbieadewumi09(f): 3:01am On Nov 05, 2022
Moura7:
Osun state y'all.
Happy New Month

Wow.....
Congratulations

Where in Osun state ?
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:52am On Nov 05, 2022
Debbieadewumi09:

Wow.....
Congratulations

Where in Osun state ?
Ede
Re: Unrequited by judinho07(m): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
Moura7:

LOL.. This guy. I think say you don leave this story o.
hhhmm
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
I remain loyal
Re: Unrequited by Dybala11(m): 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2022
Moura7:
Osun state y'all. Happy New Month
Wow, that's good. What part of Osun State though? I'm in Osun State bro.
Moura7:
Ede
That's good.
doctorexcel:
I remain loyal
Like loyal milk??
Re: Unrequited by yungbanks(m): 11:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
Moura finally I caught up been reading since noon please don't tell me ur stopping here I know you to always finish your stories
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:04am On Dec 02, 2022
Happy new month people... Back from camp

2 Likes

Re: Unrequited by efeteb: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2022
Welcome back, when you go post?
Re: Unrequited by Debbieadewumi09(f): 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2022
Moura7:

Ope ooooooo
Welcome back, how was camp?
Hope Dem never suck you dry?
grin grin
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2022
Moura7:
welcome back bro. We 've miss your post
Re: Unrequited by Damilgodwin(m): 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
Please I so much love your story but it getting me weary this days o. Make I no lie for you I can’t stop my self from visiting this your thread
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2022

K

I gently closed the door as I got inside my apartment. I didn't want to wake Mia up if she was already asleep or even around. I hope she's still around. I was supposed to have been home earlier but was held back by unexpected traffic.

I quietly took off my slippers so I could tiptoe noiselessly to the bedroom to see if Mia was around. I hadn't even taken up to three steps when the lights suddenly came on to reveal Mia sitting calmly on the couch. I was still frozen on the spot, in the exact state of motion I was in and an awkward smile on my face.

"Hi", I greeted, still smiling awkwardly as I slowly eased out of the frozen state I was in.

"Hi", she replied, a calm smile on her face. I'm sure she would have laughed me senseless if the tension surrounding us at the moment wasn't as thick as a tree.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you", I spoke up after a while. I could discern that she wasn't sleeping or hadn't slept yet but I just couldn't deal with the awkward silence.

"You didn't wake me", she replied. "I wasn't sleeping".

"Oh, then I guess I'm sorry for keeping you up. The road was jammed".

"It's fine, you don't have to apologize", she said as she played with her fingers. "So--uh--wh-where did you go to?", she stuttered, her voice low and carrying a tone of nervousness. "Did you go to see Nonye?"

"Nonye?", I asked confused. "No no, I-uh--I went home actually, to my grandparents' place. The person who called me while we were talking about...", I paused, not knowing how to say it. I can't even bring myself to say she's leaving. The expression on her face as I paused in my explanation was that of hurt and I felt hurt too. This wasn't what I planned to do once I left my grandparents' place. The plan was to be supportive of her and not to make her feel bad about choosing to fulfill her dream.

"Uhmm", Mia cleared her throat. "Hope everything is alright? Are they good?", she asked, genuine look of concern on her face.

"Yeah yeah, they are fine. Thanks for asking", I replied and smile a little.

"Why are you smiling?", she asked curiously.

"Nothing, just realizing that I love you too much for my own good", I replied and she broke into a wide smile. I bet that caught her off guard and helped dissolve the thick tense atmosphere around us.

"Are you sure?", she asked as she shyly played with her fingers or maybe she was just trying to get me say it again. She's vain like that (lol) but all the same, I still nodded in reply to her question because I love her like that and if I'm really being honest with myself, I actually like that part of her.

"How much?", she asked as she got off her seat to the couch I was sitting on. "How much do you love me, K?", she asked again, taking my hand in hers.

"Much more than I should", I joked and she playfully bit my hand. "Ouch!!", I screamed a little as I pretentiously tried to get my hand out of her hold.

"Wait, wait", she pleaded while laughing as she struggled to keep my hand firm in her grip. I stopped pretending and let her have her way as she began caressing and drawing circles on my palm and then I felt it. It felt like a drop of water on my palm. At first, I thought it was spittle or even worse mucus and had almost withdrawn my hand sharply-- out of reflex-- but as I looked at her, her eyes were pooled with tears and my heart broke.

"Hey, hey, babe", I said as I quickly took her in my arms. "What's wrong, baby?", I asked even though I had an idea of what it was about.

"It's nothing", she sniffed and blinked her eyes in an attempt to stop the tears from falling. "It's just that I really do love you too, K. I do and I'm scared-", she paused and looked away to wipe off a stray tear that escaped her eyes. "I'm sacred that I might lose you if I go", she sobbed.

I pulled her in a for hug as I didn't know what to say. What can I even say? I'm scared shitless myself. From what she said, it's clear her mind is already made up- she's going. Yes, I resolved within myself to be supportive of her and her dream but I'm only human and it still hurts. She's been everything to me since she came into my life (no offence to God, you're still the best). I feel like I don't even know how to live again without her. Tears started rolling down my own cheeks as I hugged her tighter.
Thoughts of the soapy telenovellas grandma used to watch and how I always scoffed at them came to me and I chuckled, causing Mia to pull out a little so she could look at me.

"What's funny?", she smiled with tears still in her eyes.

"Wow", I just muttered, dazed by how beautiful she was. How is it possible that I haven't gotten enough of her beauty even till this moment?

"What?", she asked curiously.

"Nothing", I smiled, reaching up stroke her cheek.

"Okay", she replied. "Babe?"

"Yup?", I answered.

"Would-uhm-- what if..", she paused and looked at me. She looked very nervous. "This might sound selfish but please try and understand my situation here. I'm desparate", she pleaded and took my hand in hers and I squeezed hers gently to reassure her that she can tell me whatever is bothering her.

"Okay", she took in a deep breath. "I might have a solution. What if you come with me to Paris? All expenses paid and even better, it's just for a year. Paris is home to some of the best restaurants in the world and we can talk to your bosses and try to make them see how they allowing you a one year leave to learn from the best would help their business when you return", she finished, her pleading eyes searching mine for even the tiniest glimpse of hope but I just sat there, stunned. I mean, the thought of abandoning everything and everyone to follow her halfway across the world for a while crossed my mind but after a quick estimate of what everything would cost, that idea died abruptly. Now here she is offering to take up the cost of everything not a while but for the full year all because of me. How can I let her do that?

"Babe, please say something", she pleaded nervously. "Uh, look, I can even make provisions for your grandparents to come over too if that would make you mo-", she was trying to say before I cut her off with a kiss. A kiss I put all my emotions in to let her know just how much I love her.

"Mia Rotimi", I said after breaking the kiss. "I love you very much. So much that I can't stop saying it".

"And I love you more", she replied, smiling fully now. This is happiest I've seen her all evening and I felt bad for what I was about to say next.

"But I can't go to France with you baby, I'm sorry", I said, as the smile slowly disappeared from her face. "Look babe, I love you too much to let you forfeit your dream just because of me and me too, I need to figure myself out. I need to know who I am, what I'm meant to do. I can't do that if I just jet out with you to Paris. Look, I know it's going to be tough but I know what I feel for you Mia and it's much stronger than what a few thousand kilometer distance can do. You've got me for just now and forever baby", I finished and she dove me with a hug as she sobbed. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms round her too, trying to calm her while my own tears started falling too.

"Look babe, we'll make the remaining time we have left before you leave memorable and even when you go, we will facetime everyday. On occasions, I can come spend some weekends with you, even though it will drain my account but you're worth it", I said while still hugging her.

"You better", she sniffed, hugging me tighter. "And don't worry about the travel expenses, I'll sugar mama you", she replied and I laughed. I pulled out a little so I could kiss her.

"I'm sorry for trying to be selfish", she apologized and I shook my head.

"There's nothing to apologize for", I kissed her forehead. "That was the first solution that came to my mind when you told me the news and the only reason I didn't say it before you is because I no get shsishi", I joked and she laughed.

"My own pauper", she teased and snaked her arms around me.

"Ah, e pain me", I feigned hurt as I pulled her more to me. "At least you didn't say frog sha".

"Only because you're fine", she said and pecked me.

"I know right", I bragged. "God, I'm really going to miss this".

"Then marry me before I go", she said out of the blue and I laughed but surprisingly she didn't which made me confused.
"Wait, you're not joking?", I asked.

"No, I'm not", she replied. "Look babe, I know it's so sudden but that doesn't make it wrong. Onyekachi, I know what I feel for you and it's not a fluke or spur of the moment kinda thing. It's real, heck, its the realest thing I ever felt in my whole life. I don't know how to exist anymore without you in my life. Nothing matters more to me in this life, not even my dream and this is the only way I'll be secure going to Paris next month. So I guess all I'm asking is, wait-", she said as she stood up and went to the couch she was seating on earlier when I arrived, and picked up a box. She opened it and took out a ring, got on one knee and faced me. Even in my shell shocked state, I could see how nervous she was.

" So", she began again. "All I'm saying is, Onyekachi Kalu, please marry me".

"I.. I.. I-I", I stuttered, overwhelmed. My mind and every other thing in me is screaming 'YES!' but I just couldn't seem to say it out. It's like those bad dreams when demons are chasing you and you can't shout JESUS. Not knowing what to do, I went down my knees too and pulled her in for a hug and there and then, the word 'YES' came out my mouth. I stood up, took her in my arms and spun her around as she laughed in pure joy......TBC

8 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2022
Merry Christmas my people. Thought I'd do one for the culture. Thanks yall for riding with me this year. God bless you all. The story is done yet o but would soon be done.. When? I don't really know but by God's Grace, soon.

Saw "Far from home" and that Reggie character is the perfect fit for Dave in Unrequited, who else thinks so!

2 Likes

Re: Unrequited by soke02(m): 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2022
Moura7:
Merry Christmas my people. Thought I'd do one for the culture. Thanks yall for riding with me this year. God bless you all. The story is done yet o but would soon be done.. When? I don't really know but by God's Grace, soon.

Saw "Far from home" and that Reggie character is the perfect fit for Dave in Unrequited, who else thinks so!
u are doing great job, but pls can u give us like 3 updates to hold body for this festive season?
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2022
Welcome back bro. corper shaun!!!
Re: Unrequited by Dybala11(m): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2022
Moura7:

Not a fan of Nigerian movies, sorry I can't relate with the example given. grin
Re: Unrequited by Dybala11(m): 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2022
Moura7:

Merry Christmas OP, we hope to see your updates drop consistently during this period. Cheers.
Re: Unrequited by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2022
Continuation of the story......
...then suddenly K woke up and realized everything was all a dream. THE END.... wink wink
wink
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2022
Lol... You guys, I just dropped an update for the Christmas culture o, haven't resumed writing fully.. Fingers crossed though.
Merry Christmas once again

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Nuel45(m): 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2022
Merry Christmas boss man

Pls drop one before 25th

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

In Memory Only (Romance) / I See Things Others Do Not See... / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.