Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,340 members, 7,815,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Unrequited - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (137044 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
Moura7:
Weekend again, Thank God... New update Sunday as usual or latest Monday evening. Make una sha help me o cus only God knows how many times I've changed the ending of this story and extended it.

Say No to spirit of rushing/laziness

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 5:06am On Aug 20, 2022
jullyrosy:

Say No to spirit of rushing/laziness
LOL OK ma

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Brightspecimen(m): 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
My patience has its limit Moura
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
Brightspecimen:
My patience has its limit Moura
LOL ok
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
whassup moura
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:16am On Aug 25, 2022
doctorexcel:
whassup moura
Working on it

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2022
Moura7:
Working on it
ok bossman
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2022
K

"Fourteen headshot kills!!", I screamed, surprised by Dave's stats after we just finished a round of COD. "I know you're good at this game, but this..", I paused to admire it on the screen again . "This is just nuts. How far, wetin happen na?"

Today was one of the blessed weekends that I had off days at work and so had the whole weekend to rest, or so I thought. Barely past noon, Dave hit me up and asked to come over. He's been a bit melancholic since his visit to Gina's and being the softie that I was, I couldn't just say no. Besides he's always been there to listen and help out when I had my own woman issues.

"Nothing much", he sighed sadly , a bored expression on his face. "I was just a bit motivated".

"By what..or who?", I asked curiously. "It's not like there was an award we were playing for or something of the sort".

"Yeah, I know right", he agreed nonchalantly.
"It was just personal for me, that's all. I just replaced the faces of our enemies with that of Rex and I went on a rampage".

"Oh", I voiced softly as I pressed play so we could move on to the next round of the game. "Rex again, huh?", I asked casually.

"Mmhmm", he responded in the same manner, eyes focused on the screen as his trigger happy avatar shot his way through a sea of animated enemy terrorists. He even shot some of the hostages we were meant to rescue.

"Well, why don't you call her then", I suggested. "It's clear you still like her and probably miss her too".

"Call and like who?", he asked and paused the game, feigning ignorance. I gave him a look and he sighed, realizing I wasn't buying his bullshit. "I don't have her number anymore, I deleted it", he replied, resuming the game.

"No way", I gasped in surprise. That was kind of extreme. "Okay, how about you text her on whatsapp or any of the social media platforms", I asked.

"Can't, deleted all my social media apps", he replied carelessly, his focus captivated by the game we were playing.

"Wow", I exclaimed softly. "Don't you think you might be taking this a bit too far? I mean what if there really isn't anything going on between her and Rex again and that was just a random call, huh?", I asked, pausing the game again and drawing a frustrated sigh from Dave.

"Okay, let me ask you this", he started. "So, what if Mia gets a call from Caleb while the two of you are together and then she excuses herself to take the call, would you just dismiss it as some random call?", he asked and I kept quiet. "Yeah, right. That's what I thought", he chuckled and continued the game.

"But bro, relax first", I began and paused the game for the umpteenth time now. "What you're asking is quite different. Mia is my girlfriend and so it's understandable for me to get angry if she's getting secret calls from her ex. However, being with her and knowing who she is, has taught me to trust her to have a very good reason for anything she does. In your case and I say this respectfully, you're not Gina's boyfriend, in fact you haven't even confessed your feelings to her and so she owes you no explanation or anything at all. If indeed she's back with douchebag Rex, it's her business and yes, you might feel a bit hurt by it but that's it bro, you move on. You don't hate her in your heart and punish yourself over it for long. If you feel you have a shot with her then tell her how you feel, if she accepts fine and if she doesn't, still fine. In the end it's her choice. You just try your best to be a good friend to her and live your life. All this deleting of number and social media accounts is a bit extreme man", I explained in the most polite way I could and he just sat there, quiet and moody.

"Way to make feel more pathetic than I already am", he said softly and as I tried to negate his statement, he cut me off by holding up his hand. "I know you mean well, it's just that rejection doesn't sit well with me, especially when it's from someone I really care about... Someone I love", he said the last part so softly with a look of defeat on his face. My guy had finally lost the battle to his feelings and had admitted he was in love.

"You know this is all your fault, right?", Dave accused and I looked around to be sure I was the one he was accusing because how in the world is this my fault.

"Me?", I asked confused. "How?"

"How do expect me to not become this mushy clingy pathetic mess with the heavy dose of PDA you and Mia project my way on a daily basis, huh?", He fired. "It's like you guys are attached to the hip, it's so exhausting", he grimaced, looking around.
"Speaking of which, where's Mia? Haven't seen her since I came in".

"Are you done with throwing a fit?", I asked, amsued at his childish tantrums. "About Mia, she left early this morning to accompany G to see how her restraunt is coming up then she said she'd branch at her place before coming back here".

"Oh, okay", he replied. "She's even coming back? You guys should just get married already jeez", he said and I laughed.

"Hater", I sneered at him.

"Whatever", he hissed as he bent to pick up his controller. "Let's continue this game, still got alotta Calebs to gun down".

"You're such a bad influence on me", I said as I picked up my own controller. "Exams are starting in a week's time and you're encouraging me play game rather than study. Some friend you are", I scoffed and he chuckled.

"Uhh, speak for yourself man. You're forgetting I was in my final year at Stanford before I got kicked out so what's some first year computer science pop quiz I can't ace in my sleep",he bragged and I smiled a little.
The pompous Dave is back, no one would ever guess that he was throwing himself a pity party just a while ago.

"Good for you man", I said, feeling a bit sad of all of a sudden. "It's nice that you're studying something you like or kind of passionate about. Can't say the same for myself though, this finance I'm studying isn't just my thing. I don't even know what my thing is", I sighed, dropping my controller as I slowly began to feel overwhelmed by sadness. This issue of not knowing what to do or what I want in life has been a constant battle I've been fighting lately.
At first, I didn't care much about such stuff. The plan was simple; get through college and then get a job and if worse comes to worst, I'd just inherit my grandparents' dingy fast-food joint. But then in the space of just eight months, I met these amazing people that seemed to have dreams and are working towards that dream. Mia has her fashion designing stuff going on, Gina is already working on getting her restruant started, Nonye is already a celebrity and Dayo has always wanted to be president and has been groomed to be politician since he was little by his dad. Dude has mastered the arts of influence and power, no wonder everybody seems to like him. I don't know about Dave but I'm sure he's got his own thing too. It just gets so suffocating being around such people and not being able to pull my own weight.

"What do you mean you don't have a thing?", Dave asked. "I don't get".

"What's something you're so passionate about?", I asked instead.

"Right now, it's Gina", he replied, smiling .

"Ohh", I hissed. "I'm being serious here".

"Me too", he joked the more.

"Okay okay, let me be serious now", he said, partially wiping off the teasing smile on his face when he saw I was serious.

"Eh, other than Gina right now, another thing I'm passionate about is programming video games. I've been obsessed with video games since I can remember, like you won't believe the number of games I've created and discarded. They were good, very good even, but my genius didn't just agree with them and I'll continue creating more till it clicks", he answered enthusiastically and I smiled. I don't know why I always feel this tinge of happiness anytime I see the joy which people exhibit when talking about or doing something they're passionate about.

"That right there-", I emphasized and paused . "Is what I don't have".

3 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2022
Contd

"What if I don't bro", I asked, scared. "What if I end up like those people who miss it and live the rest of their lives in frustration and bitterness".

"Jeez, where's all this negativity coming from, man?", Dave asked, sitting up so he could look at me properly. "All these 'what ifs', what if it's this defeatist mentality that's blinding you and keeping you from seeing your potentials, huh?" he asked. I laughed sadly in my mind, people who haven't gone through a particular phase are the best motivational speakers on that phase till they actually experinece it and see it's not that easy. Shebi I was the one that was just playing motivational speaker for him moments ago.

"See bro, out our clique of friends or peers in this school, you're like the only one that actually working to settle bills. I'm talking real life, hustler kinda work here not some worked internship at one of the subsidiaries of your family's conglomerate. All of us here, not me though, are trust fund brats but you're earning your own bread and you're doing it legitly for that matter. See the way you've helped increased revenue for your employers with your brilliant ideas, which I think is one of your potentials by the way. You usually profer this out of the box ideas that always comes to fruition. Okay, apart from your suggestion to play live bands in the restaurant, they are times I'm here with you and Mia, and she gets stuck on how particular design is to come off and then you, just off the top of your hat, give a suggestion and it just clicks like a missing piece and then you guys start kissing and other annoying stuff love makes people do", he reasoned and I began to feel better. I even tried hard not to laugh when he complained about how lovey-dovey Mia and I were.

"She just does that to make me feel good, it's not that much of a deal", I said casually, but deep down, I was feeling happy about it, about the possibility that maybe I do have a thing...my own thing.

"There you go again, selling yourself short. I said that this mentality of yours is what's keeping you from seeing how gifted you really are", he sighed in frustration. "You're a fixer bro! Some sort of muse", Dave stated and I just sat there, deep in my thoughts, pondering on all he just said.

"Don't pressure yourself, man. Soon it will become clearer and then you'll know how develop this gift but just drop the negativity baggage please", he pleaded. "It's very unhealthy".

"Dave", I called him calmly. "I'm only going to say this once so listen and cherish it well. You're the man bro, thank a lot for this. I really appreciate", I genuinely appreciated him.
"You're not gonna cry on me now, are you!", I asked, when I saw a weird expression on his face.

"Oh, my brother", he feigned a tearful voice and spread his arms wide like he was going to hug me. I laughed and playfully pushed him away to which he laughed in response.

The door made a click sound and the opened with Mia rushing in, calling for me with an excited expression on her face.

"Babe, babe, guess what?", she asked happily. "I got the spot", she answered herself, not even giving me the chance to even say anything.

"Uh, hi to you too, Mia", Dave greeted, slightly waving at her.

"Oh, Dave, you're here. I'm sorry, hi", she apologized half heartedly and quickly returning her attention back to my confused self because I didn't know what she was on about.

"Uh, which spot are you talking about, babe?", I asked.

"Oh my God, you forgot already? I've applying for an internship spot at Chanel for years now and just today, I got an email saying they loved my new designs and that I've been accepted to join their summer interns this year at their Paris office . Isn't that just awesome?", she squealed in pure euphoria.

"Wow, babe!! ", I exclaimed happily. "This is huge".

"Congratulations Mia", Dave greeted her and she responded with a small bow.

"Thank you, thank you", she replied and squealed again. "I still can't believe they loved my designs. Ahhh!!!", she exclaimed excitedly and I smiled, feeling so proud of my girl.
"Let me quickly add 'designer at Chanel' on IG bio", she bragged and I just shook my head, smiling.

"Really happy for you babe", I said and pulled her in for a hug. "So when are you leaving?", I asked softly in her ear.

"Well", she pulled out from my embrace a bit. "We agreed that I would come over in a month's time when I'd be done with these semester's exams", she replied and I felt a bit uneasy all of a sudden.

"A month's time?", I echoed her response softly. "That's near. Uh--ok , how long is the internship?", I asked, my heart beating faster than normal.

"About six months?", She replied quietly. It was like the realization that we would be apart from each other that long suddenly dawned on her too.

"Wow", I muttered. I was too shell-shocked to even say anything else. Six freaking months!
"That's -", I began but couldn't find the words to continue. "So you're going halfway across the world from here for the next six months. Th--that's just great"..... TBC

What do you guys think?

7 Likes

Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2022
Thanks moura7 for the update. Feed us more.
Re: Unrequited by Brightspecimen(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2022
At last, I'll take my time before reading this update Moura, I'm sure it's a bit of your masterpiece as usual. I'm anticipating for more, thanks Gee.
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2022
You are doing great man. We are yet to see the shell-shocked face of k's grandma after mia's outburst
Re: Unrequited by Krisdan(m): 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2022
thanks for the update.
Re: Unrequited by jneo(m): 5:53am On Aug 26, 2022
Thanks for the update Moura, amazing as usual.
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
Oya o... Guys lemme know your thoughts on this episode, esp you ghost readers. Jimmyvic I see you snooping around
Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
Moura7:
Oya o... Guys lemme know your thoughts on this episode, esp you ghost readers. Jimmyvic I see you snooping around
This chapter is very good especially the bonding between k and Dave and I was also expecting to read the encounter between Mia and k grandmother.
Re: Unrequited by jimmyvic(m): 2:34pm On Aug 26, 2022
grin grin....Bro i'm still finding the right words to qualify your piece...Meanwhile, more grace to you..this is the best i've read in a long while
Moura7:
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:34am On Aug 30, 2022
hotswagg12:
This chapter is very good especially the bonding between k and Dave and I was also expecting to read the encounter between Mia and k grandmother.
LOL... Granny dey beef K o

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
Moura7:

LOL... Granny dey beef K o
lol abeg give us the complete gist.
Re: Unrequited by LeoJee: 10:14pm On Aug 30, 2022
@Moura 7, I think Richard nd Dave might arrange a trip for K, to save Mia nd K relationship
Re: Unrequited by Dibixxx1(m): 9:41am On Aug 31, 2022
LeoJee:
@Moura 7, I think Richard nd Dave might arrange a trip for K, to save Mia nd K relationship
Lol, you feel K's small insecurities masked as male ego/pride would let him follow Mia to Paris? I no sure say e love reach like that and even though e reach, grandma go gree?

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2022
Happy to have you back bro
Re: Unrequited by soke02(m): 10:32am On Sep 01, 2022
Pls update pls
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
New update during the weekend... Happy new month guys

3 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Brightspecimen(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2022
Moura7:
New update during the weekend... Happy new month guys
anticipating..
Re: Unrequited by YoungBruzzy(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2022
Weekend is here Moura,
abeg shower up with this update biko �
Re: Unrequited by Ice4jez(m): 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2022
See u guy in october
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:35pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hey guys... Really sorry on not coming through like I said but would compensate this week. I'll try and do a double. Pls don't be too mad. Have Happy and produvtive new week

5 Likes

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 8:39am On Sep 07, 2022
Moura7:
Hey guys... Really sorry on not coming through like I said but would compensate this week. I'll try and do a double. Pls don't be too mad. Have Happy and produvtive new week

Clears throat*
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
jullyrosy:

Clears throat*
LOL.. No fear, I dey with you. This week dey tight sha, went back to sch to complete clearance ish plus the ENTHRONED programme but don't worry, I'd deffo update this week

2 Likes

Re: Unrequited by abubakarbabang7(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2022
Moura7 wetin dey sup na??
You tell us say u go update for weekend, e pass, you say midweek, e pass, now weekend don come again
Which level na my gee??

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2022
abubakarbabang7:
Moura7 wetin dey sup na??
You tell us say u go update for weekend, e pass, you say midweek, e pass, now weekend don come again
Which level na my gee??
Pls I'm really sorry, it's not intentional. I've been really swamped this week and even to next week weds. Abeg make una no vex

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.