Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? (15465 Views)

I Will Never Vote For Social Media Bill - Sen. Ben Bruce / A Lesson For Muhammadu Buhari - Salisu Buhari / Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2011
Nagoma, read through my posts and show me where I said he wants to "favor" muslims or "impose" Islam on the country! Other posters may have said so but I have never towed that path. I only said he picked Pastor Bakare mainly to play on sentiments. That choice of VP was a religious card. I do not believe in appointing people based sentiments. What else will he bring to the table? You failed to notice that I also stated my support for a muslim/muslim ticket.

I have stated my position: Religion should not be a principal concern in the appointment of public office holders. That is my ideology.

You can channel your comments on imposing his religion to those who posted same.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by agabaI23(m): 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2011
ok
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Bensonite: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2011
I am surprise one of the pro Buharist is saying he knows this is democracy and that he would do things differently. Is it possible to learn to be left handed at old age(69+) or can a leopard change her skins? This man destroyed Nigeria nascent democracy and should have been charged for treason but now comes to claim to be  democratic without apology for all the atrocities. If his intention for the coup were geniune why didn't he handover to civilians after one year. Babangida came and wanted to remain forever(which is what Buhari would have done also) but Nigerians fought till we got back this democracy and he wants to be a beneficiary by contesting for the presidency.
A man who failed woefully at the unpopular NN24 debate- not in consonance to modern realities. In his manifesto probably written by Bakere on the issue of power- claimed he can generate 16,000MW in four years. If only he understands the engineering complexities involve in achieving 1000MW and the timeline in completing same he would not make much nonsense promise. The roadmap to Power as it is currently been implemented will get us to the promiseland of steady power not just saying something without a clue what it entails.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by agabaI23(m): 4:47pm On Apr 05, 2011
Bensonite:

I am surprise one of the pro Buharist is saying he knows this is democracy and that he would do things differently. Is it possible to learn to be left handed at old age(69+) or can a leopard change her skins? This man destroyed Nigeria nascent democracy and should have been charged for treason but now comes to claim to be  democratic without apology for all the atrocities. If his intention for the coup were geniune why didn't he handover to civilians after one year. Babangida came and wanted to remain forever(which is what Buhari would have done also) but Nigerians fought till we got back this democracy and he wants to be a beneficiary by contesting for the presidency.
A man who failed woefully at the unpopular NN24 debate- not in consonance to modern realities. In his manifesto probably written by Bakere on the issue of power- claimed he can generate 16,000MW in four years. If only he understands the engineering complexities involve in achieving 1000MW and the timeline in completing same he would not make much nonsense promise. T[b]he roadmap to Power as it is currently been implemented will get us to the promiseland of steady power not just saying something without a clue what it entails.[/b]
God bless you bensonite
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2011
« #226 on: Today at 04:45:22 PM » 

Bensonite,
I am surprise one of the pro Buharist is saying he knows this is democracy and that he would do things differently. Is it possible to learn to be left [i]handed at old age(69+) or can a leopard change her skins? This man destroyed Nigeria nascent democracy and should have been charged for treason but now comes to claim to be  democratic without apology for all the atrocities. If his intention for the coup were geniune why didn't he handover to civilians after one year. Babangida came and wanted to remain forever(which is what Buhari would have done also) but Nigerians fought till we got back this democracy and he wants to be a beneficiary by contesting for the presidency.
A man who failed woefully at the unpopular NN24 debate- not in consonance to modern realities. In his manifesto probably written by Bakere on the issue of power- claimed he can generate 16,000MW in four years. If only he understands the engineering complexities involve in achieving 1000MW and the timeline in completing same he would not make much nonsense promise. The roadmap to Power as it is currently been implemented will get us to the promiseland of steady power not just saying something without a clue what it entails.

Bensonite!
Are you suggesting that the kind of "democrasy" that we live in now is okay and the corruption should continue? Are you suggesting that our President who is generally judged as clueless will sudddenly find some clues on how to generate power and the corruption cabal around him will allow that? If so you must be living in cloud coockoo land.Certainly not in Nigeria and not even in the world we know!!
[/i
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Demdem(m): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2011
Bensonite:

What engineering complexities are u reffering to? Are you establishing or inventing anything new. The technology is already there. You still need to learn a lot.

China is now building about two power stations every week, the top climate change official at the UK Foreign Office, John Ashton, has said.

He said there was no point blaming China for rising global CO2 emissions.

Rich nations had to set an example of low-carbon development for China to follow, Mr Ashton told the BBC.

His statement came as a new report suggested that China may have already become the world's biggest polluter - much earlier than expected.

The Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency said China's CO2 emissions had risen by 9% last year, compared with 1.4% in the US.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6769743.stm

There is definately no excuse why it has (and still) taken us this long. It boils down to sincerity of the leadership.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Demdem(m): 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2011
agabaI23:

God bless you bensonite

Please enlighten me on the difference between the power policy during OBJ's goverment and the current govt? The issue here isnt the policy perse, we are good planners in Nigeria (except the INEC issue). The boils down to leadership,sincerity of purposed as canvassed by shakarau. The best of plans wont actualize itself. it needs those human resources for it to come to past. As it it right now, the human resources needed to implement such isnt just there depite being in abundance.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by movers82(m): 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2011
A sharia war lord and an religious bigot will never win my votes
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by willdave: 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2011
I really don’t understand why we should be ruled by a fraud star (Buhari) a man that had worked hand in hand with the devil in a human form (Abacha). Can any good thing come out of Egypt?
I also really don’t understand how this northerner’s see the people of Nigeria. Like one's that don’t have any bearing knowing their left to right. They think we can be pushed like cows abi?
I will never vote for Buhari. No integrity to protect and also no good passed records.
If Buhari is giving a chance, this nation Nigeria, will be putting into his pockets.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by aletheia(m): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2011
Demdem:

[b]China is now building about two power stations every week.
^Really? The lies you BB people tell. Do you think building a power station is like looking beans?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by okgerald(m): 5:49pm On Apr 05, 2011
buhari is humble and has a good will. pdp has nothing to offer jare
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by agabaI23(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2011
X-factoria:

You are even more foolish than I thought. You do not know your right from left and be assured that this is the last time i will ever attempt to lecture you on the different role of the CBN Governor and the Finance Minister. Even though the CBN is under the Finance Ministry, its autonomy on monetary policies such as the interest rate control and inflation rate control derives from the CBN Act.

The ministry of finance has exclusive responsibility on fiscal policies such as budgets (in general terms) the same way the CBN has exclusive responsibility on monetary policies. Get it? Dumb a*s!!!
buzz moi inside my profile
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2011
Nairalanders who who emphasize age as the factor against Buhari  (please see my postings above) are just  camouflaging  there actual reasons for disliking him or do not have any tangible explanations so they stick to age.
How old was Obasanjo when he "won" his second term against buhari and others? Age has no effect for or against efficency of leaders - at least within the logical ranges.
You will want to know that the small country in our neighbourhood which has overcome mediocrity and has embraced genuine democracy; a country that has shot into the civilization and accountable governance and has left Nigeria primitive and tribal. Yes I am talking about Ghana -Shameful!
John Attah Mills who is wisely leading that country to great heights is 67 years old and he received his mandate from former President Nana Akufo Addo who also celebrated his 67th birthday last month. Nothing to do with age - just the will to serve with sincerity and good intention.

The current Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh  is the only Prime Minister since Nehru- to be returned after 5 year term.

Manmohan Singh who is the leader of the 1.2 billion people of various tribes and religions of  india has been described as "The most qualified leader in the world" due to his great achievements in finance and economics, he is a "tough" leader who great achievements are said to be due to "simple living and high thinking".India and china we all know are currently the world leaders in growth and development. The Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh celebrated his 77th birthday last september (in a very simple ceremony of course)!
The chinese Premier Wen Jiaboao by the way is 69 years old.  So Nigerians should find other excuses for their failures and for rejecting  displined incorruptible persons like Buhari and Bakare.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by struguru: 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2011
-
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2011
^^Ive answered the issue of age in an earlier post: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-638771.192.html#msg8056239

About the figures, this is what some Americans think: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/19/opinion/pollpositions/main4195315.shtml
It could influence the choice of one candidate over the other.

But on to the main issue, you made a point here which is very valid:

nagoma:

Manmohan Singh who is the leader of the 1.2 billion people of various tribes and religions of  india has been described as "The most qualified leader in the world" [size=14pt]due to his great achievements in finance and economics,[/size] he is a [b]"tough" leader who great achievements are said to be due to "simple living and high thinking".India and china we all know are currently the world leaders in growth and development. The Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh celebrated his 77th birthday last september (in a very simple ceremony of course)!

From what you posted, can you give any evidence to prove Buhari's achievements in areas like finance and economics? That is what can sell him. To me, that is what has made the indian leader "the most qualified". How about Bakare, what are his achievements? I wish the BB campaign was about issues like that.

Based on this line of thought, I can confidently tell you that the Ribadu/ Adeola team is a perfect example of highly qualified candidates. GEJ/Sambo is also ok in terms of qualification. I have other reasons for supporting them in 2011. I have listed them in another thread.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by coolusman: 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt]I will neva vote for a green snake in a green grass, this man is pretending now since he is doing his campaign now, he had a bad past and they say, he who had a bad past can never be praised, so why should we vote a hyprocrite, a tribal racist, and worst of all a stakeholder of the well-known Boko Haram, that is rubbish.

Do u know the meaning of Boko Haram?  it means anti English Education.

So u mean I should vote a man who fathers an Anti - English Education, that means my English Education is rubbish.

Never for Buhari.
[/size][/size]
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by ouchexy: 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2011
i think i need to add my reasons too. i will never vote Buhari becuase he is empty-headed and visionless. he does have an indepth understanding of Nigeria's problems and complexities. he is selective in his anti-corruption crusade. he gallivants around with very corrupt minds like Abacha, El Rufai, Masari, Marwa, Aliero, etc all former PDP members who were rejected. i will never vote him because he has absolutely no moral standing. he tried curry IBB's favour and he even made desperate attempts to get Tinubu's support, which hit the brickwall. he is arrogant. he has never apologised for any of his evil misdeeds and stubbornly refused to attend the Oputa Panel which could have given him the opportunity to ask for forgiveness. he is a brutal and draconian ruler. People like Buhari should be ashamed of themselves in a civilized country. he is an ethnic and religious chauvinist and he is devious. he is trying to play on our intelligence by choosing a highly incompetent and inconsistent Bakare as VP. he chose Tunde Bakare because the only selling point he has is to play the sentimental card of religion. he is a coup plotter and he never hid his disgust and hatred for politics and politicians. now he wines and dines with morally bankrupt politicians. he is only coming to power to settle personal scores. he is old, worn out and expired. he is a poor communicator (effective communication is very important in modern day leadership). we dont need recycled, unintelligent and focusless leaders. Jonathan may not be perfect but he is far better than Buhari who signifies backwardness.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by vislabraye(m): 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2011
How come Bakare who spoke against Buhari is now his running mate? Some things are quite upsetting- his integrity will now be questioned. It is better not to openly criticize and now turn back to you vomit. That shows inconsistency.

Why i will vote for Johnattan is simple. He has the character- he's humble and wise. When people were mounting pressure on him to take over the presidency by force, he did not succomb. Although he was called names, he knew what he wanted.

If Buhari or Bakare where in his shoe, would they not succomb? And how strong do you thing Buhari was? Was it not Idiagbon that was doing the whole show? Think Think
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2011
My Dear friend efisher ;
Allthough one can show Buhari's effectiveness directly and indirectly as a promoter of economic growth you will realize that my last posting was aimed at those age demagogues. I only wanted to debunk the myth that "age is a great barrier to leadership". I don't know whether I have succeeded with that in general terms. We can of course go on to specifics I.e. Whether an austere leader who believes in the simplicity mentioned  above, or the leader who depleted his countries foreign reserves in just one year and spends 100 million naira of the country's money daily at the peak of his political campaign would be more likely to run a better economy.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Wadeoye(m): 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2011
Buhari in Onitsha, See the real Igbo people.

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Wadeoye(m): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2011
Another one,

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Dizzybizzy: 8:56pm On Apr 05, 2011
Jonathan, as I see him, appear dull and common place; he does not even seem to know what leadership is all about. He presents as a nice fellow, perhaps, a university lecturer but a man lacking strong convictions. He seems shy, fearful, and anxious and lacking in courage; he seems the type of timid chap that strong willed criminals, the type that Nigeria grows like mushroom, could easily exploit.

Jonathan does not seem a doer and only God knows that what Nigeria needs at this point are not idle talkers but doers. Nigeria needs leaders who would mobilize the nation’s economic and human resources, as in a war, and use them to win the war of developing the country and rooting out the corruption that is holding her down.

I do not see Jonathan championing well-articulated goals and objectives for Nigeria. He does not seem to believe in anything with his whole heart and is dedicated to actualizing it. He comes across as a nice man but not a man one should like to entrust the leadership of the nation with.

I believe that Jonathan is an accidental leader but not a committed leader who entered the political fray because he has strong convictions that he wants to realize.  He seems easily manipulated by Nigeria’s lords of corruption; in fact, those lords of disaster would like to have him in office so that through him they continue the vast spoils and patronage system they have established.

Jonathan comes across as a figure head under which the lords of stealing raid the Nigerian treasury. He lacks personal power, authority and charisma to get people to do anything that serves social interests. He lacks that oomph that we see in notable leaders. The man has no vision of where he wants to take Nigeria to. See, he has been in office for nearly two years and has actually accomplished very little. He talked about making sure that the power sector works. Well, Nigerians still do not have electricity twenty four-seven. The man may talk all he wants few persons are probably willing to follow him.

PDP has been in office for twelve years. That is sufficient time for a political party to have accomplished something useful for its polity. As we all know the PDP is the party of lootocrats and the most they have done is offer their members the opportunity to loot Nigeria, to rob the country empty.

It is time to give another political party the opportunity to try and see if it could clean the mess that is the Nigerian house and set Nigeria on the right path.

If the PDP continues on the path it is I have no doubt that Nigerians will turn to the Tunisian, Egyptian and Libyan example: revolt and chase away the thieves that that have so far pretended to rule them; we probably do not need the chaos that such revolt would engender.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by member479760: 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2011
Buhari plan is to take this country back to 50yrs with the islamic ideal. The genuie muslims' countries from north African down to middle east are experiencing historical moment as of this present time which simply shows that the islamic system failed the civil society.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by agabaI23(m): 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2011
The same kind of desire for change which led the UK to vote out labour is raging on among some people but less than a year after, they were up in arms against the govt they voted in.

Nigerians wise up
Vote Goodluck Sambo for Fresh air
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Beaf: 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2011
I will never vote for the likes of Buhari, because we will all be locked up for using NL. In the past, Buhari made speaking the truth a crime, so far as govt found it embarrassing. Very frightful indeed!
I shudder when I find those who should know better rooting for Buhari, as Wole Soyinka says, the nation should be visting a psychiatrist for even considering the man.

ONE of the most odious attacks on freedom of the press in the history of military rule and indeed the history of journalism practice in Nigeria must be the notorious Decree 4 of 1984. It was a vengeful decree designed by maniacal military leaders not only to silence freedom of expression and of the press but also to silence the truth. Some media commentators had argued, in the heydays of the decree, that its enactment signaled the desire of the creators to intimidate the Nigerian press from carrying out its social role in society: that is, to act as a check on government and as a watchdog of society. Muhammadu Buhari and Tunde Idiagbon, the former military head of state and his "Man Friday" who endorsed Decree 4, used the decree to impose the most restrictive anti-press freedom laws in Nigeria. Decree 4 was designed to shield Buhari and his minions from being accountable to the Nigerian people. The intent of the decree was clear -- to silence opinion, speculation and even the truth.

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/carticles/confessions_of_a_prosecutor.htm
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2011
Fresh air indeed! With Aneni, Bode George, Andy Uba and Obasanjo breathing over jonathan's neck it's anything but fresh air! the same PDP gas chamber for Nigerians.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by agabaI23(m): 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2011
nagoma:

Fresh air indeed! With Aneni, Bode George, Andy Uba and Obasanjo breathing over jonathan's neck it's anything but fresh air! the same PDP gas chamber for Nigerians.
O yea Change indeed with Ruma, Abacha, Marwa, Achike Udenwa straffling things in CPC.

No difference in content my dear!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by 10cirenoh: 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2011
agabaI23:

O yea Change indeed with Ruma, Abacha, Marwa, Achike Udenwa straffling things in CPC.

No difference in content my dear!

There are no saint anywhere but choosing from 2 evils, i rather go for the least of the evil ones.

Now lets compare, but before we start, let me make this straight that Abacha and Buhari are no friends, he has refused to allow Abacha stand as the CPC candidate for Kano and the case is in court, so Abacha is out of the picture.

Back to Achike Udenwa, Ruma and Marwa, can we compare these people's "evil" deeds with that of Obj, bode George, IBB, Atiku, Anenih, Alams? where do we start from?

Achike vs Anenih?

Marwa vs OBJ/IBB?

Ruma vs Alams, Atiku or Bode George?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Bensonite: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2011
In as much as I do not support any party but personality on merit, it is worthy to state that Buhari CPC is no different from PDP/ACN. All those who rigged elections and perpetrated violence to make PDP/ANPP win have suddenly find a safe heaven in CPC after been expelled from their respective parties for one fraud/confusion. This does not make any party the best especially the leading ones.
Weigh all the odds of GEJ and Buhari you will find certainly that the former by far is a better choice at this time for Nigeria.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by nagoma(m): 10:41pm On Apr 05, 2011
Obasanjo in his book " Not my will" wrote on page 53 about Buhari;

"Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the supreme military council and head of the petroleum department was by nature an introvert. But he took any work given to him very seriously, He was as reliable as he was honest and hardworking"

I am not surprised. And someone in this trail said a leopard never changes it's sports ? That is why I have confidence in Buhari - the honesty , reliability and handwork mentioned by OBJ.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by 10cirenoh: 11:08pm On Apr 05, 2011
^^^^

And who are these people that were [b]expelled [/b]from PDP, ACN OR ANPP that found refuge in CPC?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by recoome(m): 3:08am On Apr 06, 2011
I will not vote muhari/buharia becos he is a goat, pig, otondo, obo, otemu-remu, rat, expired lizard, vulture, donkey and a big MUMU,if u vote 4 him, u are a mumu!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" / Splendour Oko Eze Accuses Abure Of Collecting ₦‎200M Bribe / Smart Adeyemi Says PDP Is Not Ready For Election In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.