Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? (15462 Views)

I Will Never Vote For Social Media Bill - Sen. Ben Bruce / A Lesson For Muhammadu Buhari - Salisu Buhari / Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by sartorius(m): 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
Never!!!!! muhamud buhari Never, I will never vote for muhamud buhari because its not in the best interest of this nation when we are faced with a global economic recession,he not intune with the free market, he has abused and would abuse rights too.freedom and human.
-I will not vote for him cos he doesn't ve the temprament to rule us. We are in the misdt of a crisis in n-delta and the north.he would retard our progress.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Dave6: 8:32pm On Apr 04, 2011
He refuses to acknowledge the existence of the term 'Elder Statesman'.

His very palpable ethnic bigotry as evidenced by the actions he carried out when he took over in the military coup in 1983 and his lopsided PTF projects during Abacha's regime.

Very interesting is his exoneration of Sani Abacha from upsurping of our National treasury, 3 years ago. But when dumbfounded by the level of support this year which he had never imagined through his political career, he got confused and claims he refused to recognise Abacha's son as a candidate within his party. If I may ask 'On what basis Mr. Buhari?'

A double-mouthed president will have a really hard time in office!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by sledge406: 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
The whole election processes for this period is a shame and seriously I'm enjoying being on the fence.

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but I dunno how many of you watched Channels TV right about this minute? What I saw was just too bad I must confess. Imagine seeing MINORS not up to 15 years of age having voter's card and ready to pledge their votes.

The exact location wasn't stated but the KIDS interviewed were speaking HAUSA and dressed in their native attire with Hijab on their head (for the females).

So tell me who is to blame if not EVERYBODY? By everybody, I mean, the political thieves, the INEC officials and other CORPERS who must have handled the registeration processes of these individuals and the same people who went ahead to accredit them to vote on Saturday before the elections were eventually cancelled.

I know same thing will repeat itself come Saturday but my people, let us be fair and stop pointing accusing fingers to people at the top because WE ARE ALL GREEDY. And by we, I mean the masses who see these things and support them. Yet we cry and wail for a better Nigeria. Our road far sha. cry cry

Underage children with voter's card!!! Chei!!! cry cry cry
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by jidody(m): 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
I will never vote for him because he is too rigid and stubborn.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by skypopson(m): 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
y will such tyrant lead this our beloved country.its time we be-head all our past corrupt rulers the way ghana did.buhari,obasanjo,tinubu,saraki,jonathan,abokie,turai,amodu ali,abachas,jonah jang,gbenga daniel, and the list go on,must all die for a corruption free nation
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by recoome(m): 8:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
@EPOMA: u are truly inept and uniformed, now u've just confirmed that u're not in touch with realities, so when we get the foreign exchange, we should use it all on the external reserve, workers should not be paid abi? Education & food subventions should not be undertaken? We should not spend on infastructure? U said the eurobond was shunned, where as the eurobond was even over-suscribed, i wonder where u get ur facts 4rm, maybe its from buhari's toilet paper. Anyways i dnt expect much from almajiris, no wonder GEJ is trying 2 educate u pple so dat u can leave ur erratic lifestyle!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by recoome(m): 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
Follow man wey sabi road o, GEJ will show u d way !!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
Every other team in the top 4 is far more democratic and qualified than him and his running mate. Thus, the opportunity cost of a Buhari is too much. Why put a square peg and a jagged reed in two round holes when there are other round pegs that fit better? As far as there is a Ribadu/Adeola or a GEJ/Sambo in the race, there is no point voting him.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Onlytruth(m): 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
I cannot situate a president Buhari in the Nigerian development discourse in 21st century. PERIOD.

The man is an antiquity, and a dictator with a background capable of attempting life presidency. Never mind all these talks of serving only one term. I ain't buying it! undecided

Before Obasanjo, such life presidency fears were unfounded. But after the failure of third term, Nigeria should beware of bringing back ex-military leaders.

Now, if you throw in Buhari's duplicity in war against corruption (after his coup in 1984), and his skewed location of PTF projects, what you have is a potential life president who is also an ethnic and religious bigot; a double whammy for the nation at this critical time.

Ain't time for gambling in naija. Shine ya eyes well well.  cool
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by dapachez: 9:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
Any1 dat is against BB os against me, And if you are against me, You are as good as a Yar Adua, gbam gbam gbam

check out GEJ birthday cake

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by KennyG6(m): 9:08pm On Apr 04, 2011
Buhari has nothing to offer this country in my opinion, as such he would not be getting my vote
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by francisj(m): 9:29pm On Apr 04, 2011
I like Buhari as a person ,he is cool, gentle ,compose , very patience, and down to earth with the common 9ja person,
but the whole world is fast changing and we need people who are dynamic ,people who can cope with new discovery and challenges that
societies are expose to,people with intellectual brain to strategies for the future of our unborn children.people like GEJ
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Wadeoye(m): 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hi All,

When you see people putting "Sai PDP" as their signature despite the failure of the party in all aspects of our life including education where over 80% of candidates now fail SSCE, then you know there is something wrong somewhere - it is either critical thinking is lacking or those guys are afraid of a system where 419 is impossible; where drug trafficking will be delt a crushing blow; where official stealing will be impossible; etc.

If we profile the pro-GEJ on NL, they are mostly our brothers from SE. Even people from SS are not as pro-GEJ as our dear Igbo brothers. At least we have seen MEND release of Saturday where they announced the stoppage of bombing threats and also declared that GEJ is a failure but that they hope the new government that will be sworn in on May 29 will hopefully address Niger Deltan problems.

While I don't like to go tribalistic or religious in my arguments, I still keep shuttling between my laboratory and library to figure out the genetic makeup of our brothers from SE. Because, I don't and I wont understand why people will be so premodial as to be unable to differentiate between good and bad.

Whoever is voting for PDP/GEJ for any reason is either insane, ignorant or hopelessly corrupt - you can't hide under religion or tribe to entrench corruption in our country.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
[size=13pt]About $300 Billion dollars spentso far in 12 PDP Years[/size]

What do we have to show for all that money? Still

a) No Electricity
b) No good healthcare
c) No good roads
d) Education in dilapidated state
e) No jobs
f) Poverty rate about 30% higher today

These are great reasons to support Jonathan and PDP

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ Wadeoye, You have only displayed how myopic you are in your reasoning by branding GEJ voters as such
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by GP15: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
I won't vote for him because he can't even use facebook like GEJ, he is past it
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by JaaizTech: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
Wadeoye:

Hi All,

When you see people putting "Sai PDP" as their signature despite the failure of the party in all aspects of our life including education where over 80% of candidates now fail SSCE, then you know there is something wrong somewhere - it is either critical thinking is lacking or those guys are afraid of a system where 419 is impossible; where drug trafficking will be delt a crushing blow; where official stealing will be impossible; etc.

Whoever is voting for PDP/GEJ for any reason is either insane, ignorant or hopelessly corrupt - you can't hide under religion or tribe to entrench corruption in our country.

I need to make no further comment. For someone to think of voting PDP, is rather pathetic enough. For what Exactly for what For the past 12 years or is it for the past 1 year plus the years GEJ used as Bayelsa's Governor For what ?

It is excusable not to find Buhari acceptable or not to be a fan of Buhari. But it is inexcusable to support PDP, absolutely inexcusable except you yourself is as corrupt.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
I will do the right thing: Report Derailers to the Mods.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by MaiSuya(m): 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2011
FIRE on the mountain!!! shocked
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
He castigated Fela too.fela murdered him forever on his album. Craze world.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by jidody(m): 10:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
I will not vote for him because he used PTF projects to fix up infrastructure in Northern Nigeria at he detriment of the South.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by aletheia(m): 10:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
1) He is clueless
2) He is a weak leader
3) He's a hypocrite
4) If you are close to him then you are not corrupt
5) He is arrogant and wickedly selective but the tragedy is that he does not know it
6) He's an ethnic bigot
7) He lacks the comprehension of what Nigeria needs in 2011.

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBSWhA6z-54?version=3[/flash]

Muhammadu Buhari is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be under house arrest is enough evidence.

He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers whose land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by recoome(m): 10:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
Pple dat are supporting BB are either thoughtless or afraid of a country without violence or want 2 return 2 the era of lining up for days just 2 get milk and bread or want more unjust execution of pple or want 2 see more suitcases of hard currencies flying around. Perhaps their fathers were part of the officials that were going home with bags of money 4rm Govt coffers in the buhari era, also they want 2 see nigeria divided along ethnic/religious lines so that hausa/islam would be supreme, i wonder how some youth can think of supporting someone 4rm a wasted generation who has nothing 2 offer rather than incitation of violence and religious/bigotry, i encourage nigerians 2 vote a detribalised democrat who listens & promotes the aspirations of every Nigerian without bias over sex, religion, or ethnicity. The only party that has the national spread 2 hold Nigeria together is the PDP, like it or not, other parties are regional and are autocratically controlled by one person, until a party that has that national spread can be formed, then i'll rather remain with the party that no group will be suppressed!!!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by ovo4u(m): 10:27pm On Apr 04, 2011
seanet02:

Am i also GEj man? This man Locked up South west leaders in Kirikiri while Shehu Sagari was on Vacation a Palatial Mansion
Is either you have taken Bribe or you are a sadist!

AGBAYA NI YIN!! EMO A RAYIN LAGBA RARA!!

So the fact that Buhari has once locked up south west leaders in kirikiri that is why you think we can't vote for him? If he like, let him lock all the south south,south west or east leaders or you want to name it to the north? well that should not be a good reason for you not to vote for him, if anyone is corrupt he/she deserve to be lock up.What has Jonathan done since he has being in Office? Just look at all the people around him, it only corruption you will smell and as for Ribadu, hmm Tunubu is there, another rascal looter he was he not there before Fashola came in? why didn't we hear good about him? grin grin grin
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 10:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
Buhari reminds us of the bitter past. We need to leave the past behind and move ahead.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Wylout: 10:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-638310.0.html#msg8052648

@ Seun Please your attention would be greatly appreciated if you could look into the thread link above.
Thank you
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by doja(m): 10:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
Why vote Buhari when there is a Ribadu? Not with him in a party without any visible structures.

Please join us by sending absolutely free sms to your friend about Ribadu /Adeola here;
http://www.thetimeisnownigeria.com/campaigns/sms_self/new

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by recoome(m): 10:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
9ijaman=wadeoye=dayokanu=ibime=orikinla=jason123=all the remaining stone age monsters, we will not be stampeded by your worthless unsubstantiated propaganda, we are unshaken in our resolve to follow the 'man wey sabi road o' coz 'he go show us the way'. BTW, i hope u BB are getting ready 2 go 2 court by april 11th, when we are triumphant, see them (BB supporters)-losers club!!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by fxtopedia(m): 10:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
good profile better goodluck without plan
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by deelobe: 11:02pm On Apr 04, 2011
this issue is not about tribes it is an issue of orientation. It will be extremely dangerous to vote for extremists. Buhari and his running mates are one. I would vot for Goodluck Jonathan. The man is not the fool we take him for he knows his onions and knows what to do. But to vote for Buhari impossixant as Zebrudaya will say. We dont need people that will take the nation from the road of recovery to the road of nowhere.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by fxtopedia(m): 11:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
bb jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu Not Enjoying Enough Support From Buhari As Expected — APC Chieftain / FG Must Do More To Counter The Obidients' Propaganda - Reno Omokri / Civil Servants; Have You Been Paid Your September Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.