Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,869 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? (15487 Views)

I Will Never Vote For Social Media Bill - Sen. Ben Bruce / A Lesson For Muhammadu Buhari - Salisu Buhari / Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by ragdollz: 4:11am On Apr 05, 2011
Why I'll never vote for Buhari? Simple! I just don't like him!
Haba, must there be another reason!?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by naijaking1: 4:14am On Apr 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Nope  . . . my problem is with people like you ---  rumour mongers who take it upon themselves to try to turn unsubstantiated stories into FACT, without themselves spending some quality time ensuring they are not spreading falsehood.
Well Hajia, let me tell you there is no rumor here. Buhari's tenure in 1983 is not a rumor, records are everywhere.

The 53 suitcases story has been explained so many times already  - - - there were no 53 cases belonging to the emir.

The 53 suite cases belonging to the father emir of Buhari's ADC did exist? I don't think the director of Nigerian Customs at that time who lost his job in that saga would agree with you, my dear. The customs officer was Atiku Abubakar.
Where do do you get your story, newspaper

Also, the PTF 2.5 billion story has never been substantiated. If you had done a little bit of research, you would have known this. So many people have actually spoken to clear that particular rumor. It is sort of like the Obasanjo-$16 billion story. The case has been probed and we now know that there was no $16 Billion issue BUT people still spread that claim that Obansanjo bilked Nigerians of $16 billion dollars .

Spoke to clear which rumor when the evidence is still standing in Katsina and other northern states as we speak. There was no need to creat PTF in the first place, but it was an easy direct conduit to lay hands on the oil money, and Abacha and his friend Buhari sure did.
If you never heard about the uneconomical location petroleum based instutions, projects, and outlets in Kaduna/Katsina, I don't have time to educate you at this time. You could simply pick up a newspaper and read it upright, and not upside down.
I can't help you read, think, and act straight angry

You don't have leprosy right? Aka o gba jiri gi ? I am sure your fingers are intact enough for you to spend some time researching to find truth for your own integrities sake, at least!

I am scared now cool
Nwanyi akwuna-akwuna hausa apuona ara. Ara ya ebidigo maka nwoke hausa Buhari osoro la mgbe agha biri.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Nobody: 4:22am On Apr 05, 2011
i'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari because the sins might have been forgiven but once you truncate a democratic process you forever loose all rights to head another one. Make Buhari go hug transformer abeg.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by folahann(m): 4:24am On Apr 05, 2011
Why is nobody talking about Ribadu?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by tenfour: 4:28am On Apr 05, 2011
@Bokojunkie and Dandabai, you guys can go ahead and vote for whom ever you want. But as for me and my entire village, city, state, zone, country we will vote for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. WE WILL NOT VOTE FOR "BB because:

1. Buhari did not forget anything in aso rock, hence has no business there again. Or is he regretting that he did not steal enough money for him and his family.

2. Buhari will chase every meaningful nigerian out of nigeria on the ground that he is fighting corruption. Every good nigerian will run away from Nigeria because of that man. He is already saying that if he wins he will probe the former government on money spent so far on power. Is that how to move a country forward (Buhari is a complete BLIND MAN)

3. Buhari is a religious and ethnic fanatic. I will not vote for him and he will NOT win. PERIOD!

4. Buhari is a very old man who should continue in his sleeping retirement rather than coming to disturb Nigerians with bomb blast and all that (BOKOHARAM)

5. Buhari has no vision for Nigeria except fighting corruption ONE-SIDED. Fool, Abacha's son is now he's best friend with money they stole from nigeria.

6. I also have a feeling that Buhari will turn back to Military rule because thats what he knows best (DICTATOR)

7. Buhari is an EXTREMIST, i will not vote for him.

8. Buhari is ONE SIDED in all his judgement. He favours his own people ONLY.

9. Buhari is a big time PRETENDER who will show his true colours when he eventually wins (IN HIS BAD DREAMS!)

10. Buhari is NOT better than Goodluck Jonathan in any way. PERIOD!!!

With these very few reasons i will not vote for Buhari and he will NEVER rule nigeria again. HE IS A TERRORIST. BEWARE!!!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Kobojunkie: 4:30am On Apr 05, 2011
naijaking1:

Well Hajia, let me tell you there is no rumor here. Buhari's tenure in 1983 is not a rumor, records are everywhere.
There was no Buhari tenure in 1983. It was from Dec 31st 1983 through August 279th 1985 -- 20 months.  The records show this.
naijaking1:

The 53 suite cases belonging to the father emir of Buhari's ADC did exist? I don't think the director of Nigerian Customs at that time who lost his job in that saga would agree with you, my dear. The customs officer was Atiku Abubakar.
Where do do you get your story, newspaper
Yes, I can see how Atiku, who people like you slam for being one of the problems in Nigeria, is now being held as the pillar of truth in this. ROFLMAO!! Again, the accusations have been denied over and over . . . Atiku told you a story does not make it TRUE. Hear the side of those named to know how much truth is in that story you heard. That story has been denied since 1984 -- yet people continue to pass that rumour as if passing it makes it FACT when all we really got were Atiku's words and no one elses claiming it as truth.

naijaking1:
Spoke to clear which rumor when the evidence is still standing in Katsina and other northern states as we speak. There was no need to creat PTF in the first place, but it was an easy direct conduit to lay hands on the oil money, and Abacha and his friend Buhari sure did.

Buhari did not create PTF -- he only ran it. What evidence do you claim is out in Katsina? Have you ever been to Katsina state? shocked ROFLMAO!!

naijaking1:

If you never heard about the uneconomical location petroleum based instutions, projects, and outlets in Kaduna/Katsina, I don't have time to educate you at this time. You could simply pick up a newspaper and read it upright, and not upside down.
I can't help you read, think, and act straight angry

Stop spreading nonsense. PTF was used to fund projects all over the country . . . .Lagos state benefitted greatly . .  especially the schools. Ogun, Ondo, Illorin etc all gained  from the PTF Projects. Someone posted that even the hospital he currently works in, somewhere in Oyo, I believe, still uses PTF supplied sheets. Classrooms were refurbished using PTF funds. Stop peddling Lies !!!!

naijaking1:

I am scared now cool
Nwanyi akwuna-akwuna hausa apuona ara. Ara ya ebidigo maka nwoke hausa Buhari osoro la mgbe agha biri.
I see you are once again showing off your BIGOTTED SIDE -- and then you expect to be viewed as a sane individual , right?? Anyways, I blame the way you were raised!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by chamber2(m): 4:53am On Apr 05, 2011
@Kobojunkie

why don't go and have some rest?Are you not tired of supporting a failure? BB will never rule Nigeria again.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by naijaking1: 4:58am On Apr 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

There was no Buhari tenure in 1983. It was from Dec 31st 1983 through August 279th 1985 -- 20 months.  The records show this. Yes, I can see how Atiku, who people like you slam for being one of the problems in Nigeria, is now being held as the pillar of truth in this. ROFLMAO!! Again, the accusations have been denied over and over . . . Atiku told you a story does not make it TRUE. Hear the side of those named to know how much truth is in that story you heard. That story has been denied since 1984 -- yet people continue to pass that rumour as if passing it makes it FACT when all we really got were Atiku's words and no one elses claiming it as truth.

Buhari did not create PTF -- he only ran it. What evidence do you claim is out in Katsina? Have you ever been to Katsina state? shocked ROFLMAO!!

Stop spreading nonsense. PTF was used to fund projects all over the country . . . .Lagos state benefitted greatly . .  especially the schools. Ogun, Ondo, Illorin etc all gained  from the PTF Projects. Someone posted that even the hospital he currently works in, somewhere in Oyo, I believe, still uses PTF supplied sheets. Classrooms were refurbished using PTF funds. Stop peddling Lies !!!!
I see you are once again showing off your BIGOTTED SIDE -- and then you expect to be viewed as a sane individual , right?? Anyways, I blame the way you were raised!

I'm still waiting for your defense of Buhari's killing of 3 young students from the south, because "they were drug runinng" I hope all you have to say for him is not ROFLMAO!, because some body's child, friend, and hope was murdered without any good reason by Buhari.

And bye the way, if you can't take it don't dish it out cheesy
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Kobojunkie: 5:08am On Apr 05, 2011
chamber2:

@Kobojunkie

why don't go and have some rest?Are you not tired of supporting a failure? BB will never rule Nigeria again.

umm . . . when did my rest because your business? I have not defended the man so far . . . All I have done in the past couple of posts is really state that there is no reason to LIE/SPREAD FALSEHOOD when there are established stories available to post.

If you feel that is too much for you then maybe you should not read at all!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by aletheia(m): 5:08am On Apr 05, 2011
“The grounds on which Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters, records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future.” - Wole Soyinka
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Kobojunkie: 5:09am On Apr 05, 2011
naijaking1:

I'm still waiting for your defense of Buhari's killing of 3 young students from the south, because "they were drug runinng" I hope all you have to say for him is not ROFLMAO!, because some body's child, friend, and hope was murdered without any good reason by Buhari.

And bye the way, if you can't take it don't dish it out cheesy

Throwing insults, especially attacks on people for their gender, religion, ethnicity etc only helps reveal to others the sort of people who probably  raised you! That is all that does and not much else. 

It has nothing to do with dishing or whatever you think there, and it does not really win you points in any argument, even this one!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Onlytruth(m): 5:12am On Apr 05, 2011
Posted by: naijaking1

I am scared now Cool

hahahahaha hehehehe! rotfl! grin grin grin grin grin

Spot on!  cool
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by EOS(m): 5:14am On Apr 05, 2011
People are just accusing Buhari falsely because of their myopic idea.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by naijaking1: 5:35am On Apr 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Throwing insults, especially attacks on people for their gender, religion, ethnicity etc only helps reveal to others the sort of people who probably raised you! That is all that does and not much else.

It has nothing to do with dishing or whatever you think there, and it does not really win you points in any argument, even this one!

You start something first, then you turn around and cry foul. You disparge me as a clueless blackman, I respond that there's no better way to attack a blackman than through a black woman, you cry sexism shocked
You speak about how dirty Aba is, then you wouldn't stomach revealation that Katsina depended disproportionately on PTF thanks to Buhari at the same time Aba and other eastern cities were being denied funds.
You curse me out in Igbo, then you get your own dose in return.
Now you're focusing on the people who raised me, you know where that's going to lead undecided

You'll call me all sorts of names, except answer or hold brief for Buhari.
Why did he promulgate a retro active decree to ensare my friend Barth Owoh
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Kobojunkie: 5:47am On Apr 05, 2011
folahann:

Why is nobody talking about Ribadu?

What would you like to be said of him?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by jmaine: 6:21am On Apr 05, 2011
Pro Buhari elements should kindly go to this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-638748.0.html

Your venom will be very useful there. . .
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by dplordx(m): 6:28am On Apr 05, 2011
lol!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by coolpapa: 6:45am On Apr 05, 2011
GEJ is unbeatable, quote me. Buhari is a flop grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 05, 2011
na so god go dey bless u till the end of ur life. infact, u go reach 140years. buhari is a bigot. he is coming to avenge, revenge and settle his inner grudges with some dudes, i know. so go home old man. naija is more of youths and a fresh blood should lead us into aura of fresh air.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Dave6: 7:19am On Apr 05, 2011
Because we have far better options amongst the Presidential candidates.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by hubreality(m): 7:49am On Apr 05, 2011
"People are coming to their senses now, DESPERATION + DICTATORSHIP = BB = FORBIDEN IN NIGERIA. He can never get into Power again forever! Dictatorship has died in Africa including Nigeria whether in agwada or in uniform."
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by zinzi: 8:07am On Apr 05, 2011
don"t want dat generation, don"t want hausa fulani
so gej 4 pres and fashola 4 gov
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by edicolove: 8:20am On Apr 05, 2011
I have read both threads. one on why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan, the other on You'll Never Vote For Buhari.

The difference is that the one on Buhari has actual events and timelines and the one on Jonathan were mostly perceptions like, he is weak, he doesnt look competent, he didnt do anything for Bayelsa, he defended mend and so on. Not many facts or actual events of historical magnitude. For example, the "defending mend" accusation is hardly a reason why I will not vote for someone but truncating a democracy is a history changer. A changer of the destinies and future of millions.

I think someone should put the 2 in a comparison chart and see which one looks really worse. I have a feeling the Buhari chart will make Goodluck look like an angel.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Tokotaya: 8:26am On Apr 05, 2011
Having Abacha's son on his train is a definite minus. How can someone intent on fighting corruption have Abacha's son as protege? This questions his integrity. I would have voted for Bakare ordinarily. But with this liability, I dont see why.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by oksaiki: 8:34am On Apr 05, 2011
i will vote for him for him because he is a good man
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by 10cirenoh: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2011
Why should Buhari expel Abacha from his party? if he does that, these same people are going to say he's a dictator and does not understand what democracy means, the only means to expel Abacha from CPC is through the court which Buhari is currently doing. as a matter of fact, Buhari has taken Abacha to court as soon as the primaries were conducted.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Dave6: 8:56am On Apr 05, 2011
But was it not the same Buhari, in 2008, that said Abacha was not corrupt and all allegations were not valid?
Based on what premise is he taking Mohammed Abacha to court as he claims?
What of Buba Marwa? Ok sorry, he was part of Abacha's 'non-corrupt' gov't.
So what is his problem with Mohammed Abacha?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Demdem(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2011
Took my time to read through this whole thread and i am more than resolved to vote and continue to work for the BB Ticket. There is absolutely no substance in most of all these accussations. Agreed, he has his pitfalls (O yes, he is human) however what he will bring to the polity if he comes on board is quite much more appreciable.
Wish all of you the best.
BB all the way.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by usbcable(m): 9:01am On Apr 05, 2011
ONCE A DICTATOR
ALWAYS AN OPPRESSOR.

character never changes and his past role at the head will still be the same.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by seguno2: 9:03am On Apr 05, 2011
I cannot vote for someone who has TOTAL DISREGARD for his fellow citizens to the extent of saying:

my people are useless
my people are senseless
my people are indisciplined

Listen, Reflect & Learn here:

Beast of No Nation (BONN) - Fela Anikulapo Kuti

Yet he himself, retired General Muhamadu Buhari was, is and will continue to be the epitome of indiscipline.

Someone who can order a judge to "deal" with a constructive critic like Fela who is now a living global icon and legend even years after his death.
Someone who ignored the Oputa Panel on Truth & Reconciliation.
Someone who locked up in jail the VP- Alex Ekwueme and placed under house arrest the president- Shehu Shagari, his hausa/fulani brother  shocked  shocked
Need I go on with this 21st century hypocrite who still thinks we are in the 20th century where information is hoarded by dictators like himself    
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by biilwwu(m): 9:04am On Apr 05, 2011
Then, let us move with Ribadu, Whatever may be the case P D P should not rule us again O.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by usbcable(m): 9:06am On Apr 05, 2011
another reason

the thrust of his popularity is not on his competence
but on religion
SHARIA for the northerners
and pastor BAKARE for the southerners

he had tried twice and no one saw him as being a competent replacement for the presidential role so why is he now a competent person

RELIGION is a BIG problem for us in NIGERIA
it blinds us from all forms of reasoning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uba Sani Emerges 2020 'Senator Of The Year' (Photos) / Splendour Oko Eze Accuses Abure Of Collecting ₦‎200M Bribe / Lagos PDP Calls For Cancellation Of Presidential Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.