Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,012 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? (15486 Views)

I Will Never Vote For Social Media Bill - Sen. Ben Bruce / A Lesson For Muhammadu Buhari - Salisu Buhari / Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Seun(m): 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hi,

This thread is about Muhammadu Buhari, the man.  Is there any reason why you'll never vote for him?

Regards,
Seun.
PS: Why you'll never vote for Goodluck Jonathan?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by naso2(m): 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2011
I will never vote for a man who after fighting democracy in his very productive years, woke up at the dying age of 62 to embrace it on the one condition that he must be president.

1 Like

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2011
He is too old to lead this nation with the huge population of youths and people with ideas. Even Bakare said so when he was not involved with politics.

Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither Obasanjo, Atiku, IBB and this tall one Muhammadu Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of the new.”
- Pastor Tunde Bakare in the Punch of Monday, October 2, 2006 Page 8

We need a man that can think fast. The new generation of leaders are those who will bring the business ideology into Government. We should run Government the way world class CEOs run large organizations. These CEO's are well educated and vibrant. Besides, the retirement age in these organizations is about 60 to 65! Now he wants to be president at the end of his productive life. How on earth will he handle the pressures from the job when they start to mount? problems from Niger Delta, from Jos etc.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by onemopol: 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2011
i will never vote for a tribal bigot who felt shehu Shagari being a hausa/fulani president was fit only for house arrest, while ALEX eKEUME, Obafemi awolowo, ebenezer babatope being second grade citizens should be locked up in prison.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by babytoun: 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
I will not vote for him becuase he is the political arrowhead of BOKO HARAM
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Sunofgod(m): 6:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
He looks Gay

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by slap1(m): 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
I believe he's a bigot and a dictator. Besides, we need younger men who can easily relate with us. . .  brb!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by slap1(m): 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
Sun of god:

He looks Gay

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.hahahahahaha. See pout!Wetin the guy wan kiss?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by babytoun: 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
I will never vote for a man who deliberately for tribal reasons decided to checkmate the progress of the SW by killing the metro line project initiated by JAKANDE and at the same time cauSing lagosians to suffer under very heavy debt burden.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
sun of God, haba.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
He is too keen on religiosity and tribalism.

He tried to play the religious card by appointing Bakare as his running mate. To me that was very selfish. Why? What happens IF something goes wrong and he is not able to continue? Is Bakare competent enough to steer the affairs of this country successfully? Is Bakare the best we can get for a VP? That tells me he will appoint ministers and public office holders the same way. Based on sentiments. That is what has been killing the nation and we don't need to go back to that.

He has always been tribalistic. During his regime, he fought corruption selectively along tribal lines. He played the tribal card once again by neglecting a huge portion of the south in his campaign. He will only lead the country to chaos with such attitude.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by seanet02: 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2011
Why was the Passport of AWOLOWO seized by this man?
Why was Jakande jailed even when there was no Credible evidences against Him?
Why was Babatope forced to spent the whole tenure of Buhari in jail?
Buhari is a M#A#D# MAN
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by babytoun: 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
I will never vote for a hypocrite who suddenly developed some liking for football during election period. This country has hosted dozens of football tornaments without anyone seeing Buhari's shadow near the stadium. Suddenly he chose the Nigeria VS ethiopia match to decieve the gullible.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 6:47pm On Apr 04, 2011
No clear cut plans for the future.

BB will set us back and after 4 years of pursuing shadows, Nigerians will look back and regret. During the debate, Buhari categorically said he will not make further investments until he probes the last 12years! Even if the BB government means well with the probes, how long do you think the hungry citizens can wait for the probes to be over?  A more reasonable approach is to Probe and also invest at the same time, more like the Ribadu approach.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Apr 04, 2011
one mopol:

i will never vote for a tribal bigot who felt shehu Shagari being a hausa/fulani president was fit only for house arrest, while ALEX eKEUME, [size=28pt]Obafemi awolowo[/size], ebenezer babatope being second grade citizens should be locked up in prison.

Can you provide evidence that Awolowo was locked up in prison by Buhari or we can safely assume that GEJ fans just peddle lies recklessly?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by jt2010: 6:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
Burahi is an Islamic extremist why Bakare is a radical pastor, if misunderstanding break up between them (OBJ/Atiku), the country will be plagued into a serious religious fight between the Christian and Muslim. (Like what always happen in the northern part of Nigeria).
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by naso2(m): 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR A MAN WHO PARADES HIMSELF AS AN ANTI-CORRUPTION CRUSADER BUT SAYS SANNI ABACHA WAS NOT CORRUPT.

i WILL NOT VOTE FOR A MAN WHO IS BEING SPONSORD FINANCIALLY WITH ABACHA'S LOOT.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
He belongs to the class of dictators who are being flushed out all around the world.

Just like Mubarak, Gadhaffi and Ben Ali who have been in their government for years, he is no longer needed in this generation. This is democracy. In democracy, he will not be effective. He is trained to use brute force and that is the only language he understands. The miltary style of whips and kobokos. Beyond that, he can achieve nothing. The new generation of boxers in the house of assembly will only frustrate him and we will go nowhere with that.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 04, 2011
abeg jor! Wat does he have to offer sef? Nigeria is up 4 serious business. Dis country is not a swimming pool for some old and 'close to the grave' men.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 6:55pm On Apr 04, 2011
FORWARD EVER, BACKWARDS NEVER

Why should we go back into the past when we can move forward?

Buhari is a mirage fueled by the misconception of "anything else is better". This is how backwardness works in chronological order:

Step 1: "Maybe we should go back to Buhari"
Step 2: "Maybe we should go back to military rule"
Step 3: "Maybe we should go back to colonialism"
Step 4: "Maybe we should go back to slavery"
Step 5: "Maybe we should stop wearing clothes"
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
His party does not have any strong structures. It is plagued with lack of control and heavy internal crises. The case of Abacha is a very significant example. If your house is not in order, how will you manage the nation? The party is light years behind ACN and PDP. Imagine what would have happened if Yaradua was president on CPC platform? There would have been chaos. One tree cannot make a forest.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Odunnu: 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2011
He is a desperate man and I hate desperation.
He is a fundamental islamic fanatic, a coupist a tribalist and a wicked man.
I just despise him.(God help me)
And for his two faced lying tongued pastor running mate?choi! Between both of them I dont even knw who I hate most.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by tlops(m): 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
I am surprised beaf isn't here yet.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
During the military regime, he fought freedom of information with every strength he had in him. He tried to muzzle the press and did everything he could to stop freedom of association. Everybody remembers him for his notorious decree 4. He had no value for human life. Humans to him were like animals or slaves. World over his is known for his infringement on human rights.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
I won't vote for a divisive figure like him. He is religious bigot and a tribalist who will stop at nothing to protect his kinsmen and religion at the expensive of the whole country.

I won't vote for an anti-corruption crusader that will be selective in dealing with corruption. He told us that Abacha never stole a kobo from Nigeria, then how is he going to bring the corrupt leaders to book or are we going to see a replay of what of happened in 1983 where the president, Shagari was kept under a house arrest while the southerners (Ekwueme and co) in the government were sent to kirikiri?

If he becomes president the anti-corrupt fight will be restricted to the south going by his antecedent. IBB, Abacha, and co will be innocent unless the southerners can come up with some evidence against them.

He is outdated, at this time we need someone that will unite and move us forward and that man is GEJ.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
Any1 dat is against BB os against me, And if you are against me, You are as good as a Yar Adua, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
During his regime he introduced austere policies that worked against the common man. Health, Education and the economy were in shambles. In order to frustrate some citizens, he banned the importation of certain essential goods and at the same time did not provide any alternatives.

This is from BBC website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12890807

However, his attempts to rebalance public finances by curbing imports led to the closure of businesses and many job losses. Prices rose, while living standards fell, leading to a palace coup by Gen Ibrahim Babangida on 27 August 1985. Mr Buhari was imprisoned for 40 months.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by AndreUweh(m): 7:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
Buhari is anti-Igbo.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^^ announces the know bigot . . .!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by SuperPap: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
I plan to vote Buhari so this topic is invalid
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by efisher(m): 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2011
He doesn't know much about Nigeria anymore. He could not answer a single question properly at the NN24 debate. He tried to say little to avoid mistakes but never made a point. How will he tackle a problem if he doesn't know that the problem exists?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? by seanet02: 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Can you provide evidence that Awolowo was locked up in prison by Buhari or we can safely assume that GEJ fans just peddle lies recklessly?
Am i also GEj man? This man Locked up South west leaders in Kirikiri while Shehu Sagari was on Vacation a Palatial Mansion
Is either you have taken Bribe or you are a sadist!

AGBAYA NI YIN!! EMO A RAYIN LAGBA RARA!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Arms Scandal: Air Force To Retire Avms, Commodores / Onu Promotes Indicted Ex-fIIRO Boss Demoted By Buhari For PhD Fraud / Power Generation Drops From 4,708.3MW To 2,938MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.