Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC (17439 Views)

Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) / Solution To Permanently End Plastic Pollution / Air Pollution: Nigeria Ranks 4th Deadliest In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Queenlovely(f): 11:26am On Jan 31, 2021
luv2rolly:

You talk no different like a hoodlum whom is found in every corner n city of Nigeria. There are lots of Riverines scattered all over the country n abroad striving to make a honest n decent living!

I dare you to Quote me again if there are no cultist in your sate!

there are no cultist in my beautiful state north Dakota

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by onuman: 11:26am On Jan 31, 2021
Abia1stS0N:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-51553861

About two years ago, BBC carried the documentary on high infant mortality rate in the oil producing areas of the south of Nigeria.

As if he the type of governor Wike in Rivers state is bordered. Wike would rather fight war against Amaechi, fight against the Igbos, fight war against restoration of Biafra, invite army to decimate population in his state.

Does RVSG even keep track of the number of deaths from the sooth?

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by NkanAkpanika: 11:26am On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:
[s][/s]

Is the OP not saying the truth? Why are you crying over a mere fact. By the way PORT HARCOURT is the most polluted city in the world
Can all this be true?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 11:27am On Jan 31, 2021
slowice:
I mop my house sometimes twice in a day because of soot.... My curtains be looking blackish weekly and nobody is doing anything about it. The governor blames the army and the army blame bunkerers. But residents know who's to be blamed also the elites are also involved since their boys are in the business

You are not alone in this mess called PORT HARCOURT. Everything in PORT HARCOURT has turned to black. PORT HARCOURT is a jungle where anything goes. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 11:29am On Jan 31, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Can all this be true?

It is fact brother. Kinematics is angry that as a Rivers indigene that I am exposing our backward shithole PORT HARCOURT. PORT HARCOURT is a jungle

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by DTeekay(m): 11:29am On Jan 31, 2021
Thank God you know that u are powerless. If u like try the airwaves on Monday. Whatever you send will quadruple in your household. Anyways I lack time for people like you. Bye.
Queenlovely:

if not that today is Sunday, I would have sent you something by air, but all these churches will spoil the airwave today.

you see Okoloma ikpangi na we get am, Rivers State is in my blood, ask of RA1 in bonny, ask of me.

bloody babbon that was originally from akwaibom sold into slavery in rivers state

ask ur father, beast of no nation
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by NkanAkpanika: 11:29am On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

brother, I learnt a lot, how to pacify lazy people,

you don't know Rivers indigiene
Chai sorry dear, I feel your pain. God will open another way for you

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Kinematics: 11:30am On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

[s]You are not alone in this mess called PORT HARCOURT. Everything in PORT HARCOURT has turned to black. PORT HARCOURT is a jungle where anything goes. [/s]cheesy

Luxury living in Onitsha

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by onuman: 11:31am On Jan 31, 2021
Allen102:

And yet 90% of prostitutes in Rivers state are from Imo, Enugu, and Akwa ibom state.
70% of crimes in Rivers state are not done by Rivers indigenes.

Ha ha ha.

Aboki as usual on divide and conquer and exploit set you up against neighbors of your Rivers state. When will you develop more sense?

They have turned the thread into war between Rivers state and Igbos.

They earlier used Wike for the purpose.

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Kinematics: 11:31am On Jan 31, 2021
kinematlcs:

Anambra state is a useless village. All they do is fighting each other like villagers

Yes thats true. We always see the community clashes there
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by NkanAkpanika: 11:32am On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

It is fact brother. Kinematics is angry that as a Rivers indigene that I am exposing our backward shithole PORT HARCOURT. PORT HARCOURT is a jungle

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by NkanAkpanika: 11:36am On Jan 31, 2021
PissfulProtester:
God bless you for this post..

I am currently in Rivers state and I can attest to all what you have typed up here. Lazy is an understatement when you want something to qualify these people over here.
grin

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 11:37am On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 31, 2021
Like they (the govt) care?
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Kinematics: 11:38am On Jan 31, 2021
This is a simple Google...

Onitsha is the reason Trump said shithole

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 11:38am On Jan 31, 2021
PissfulProtester:
God bless you for this post..

I am currently in Rivers state and I can attest to all what you have typed up here. Lazy is an understatement when you want something to qualify these people over here.

Kinematics you can now see that you are alone. Everyone can't be lying. PORT HARCOURT is a jungle cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by VulgarLee(m): 11:39am On Jan 31, 2021
Been healthy all my stay in owerri
But few days i got back here boom sickness

Stay awake at night here, you go hear cough and sneezing from diff flats embarassed embarassed

This is not a laughing matter

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by onuman: 11:39am On Jan 31, 2021
kinematlcs:

Rivers state is a useless village. All they do is fighting each other like villagers

If they don’t settle the Amaechi Vs Wike war in Rivers state, hmmmm. It’s becoming bleak for all.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 11:39am On Jan 31, 2021
PORT HARCOURT is equally the most polluted city in the world. Shame cheesy

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 11:41am On Jan 31, 2021
VulgarLee:
Been
But few days i got back here boom sickness

Stay awake at night here, you go hear cough and sneezing from diff flats embarassed embarassed

This is not a laughing matter

That's why PORT HARCOURT is rated the most polluted city in the world

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Elendubenjamin: 11:42am On Jan 31, 2021
Madness
Allen102:

And yet 90% of prostitutes in Rivers state are from Imo, Enugu, and Akwa ibom state.
70% of crimes in Rivers state are not done by Rivers indigenes.

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by EngrXrix(m): 11:44am On Jan 31, 2021
Abia1stS0N:

I changed my mind about moving to ph d day I saw a friend's ac filter covered in sooth rather than dust. Wike and the fg need to look into this. The air in ph is not clean.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Kinematics: 11:45am On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

[s]Kinematics you can now see that you are alone. Everyone can't be lying. PORT HARCOURT is a jungle[/s] cheesy

Alone with you right? grin grin grin

Onitsha — a town few outside Nigeria will have heard of — has the undignified honor of being labeled the world’s most polluted town for air quality, when measuring small particulate matter concentration (PM10).
Watch: Delhi’s pollution-control measures
A town in south southern Nigeria, Onitsha recorded 30 times more than the WHO’s recommended levels of PM10.

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by NkanAkpanika: 11:46am On Jan 31, 2021
codecyan:
The black soot is a big problem.
Most of the soot is produced @ night which makes me believe its as a result of illegal activities. Its so bad that if you go to wake up the next day your nostrils would be black...

One wonders how the lungs would be if a night's sleep results in inhaling such copious amount of black soot. The issue is the Government is paying lip service to this phenomenon. There is no way the military/police do not know there boys with these 'refineries'.

If this is not checked, people in Port Harcourt would start presenting ailments connected to lung disease. The worrisome aspect is that this black soot is all over Rivers state...not just Port Harcourt; so the big men notice it. I really don't know how but if you close all your doors and windows with the AC on, the soot still seeps in. This is a big issue.
Can this be true?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by NkanAkpanika: 11:47am On Jan 31, 2021
EngrXrix:

I changed my mind about moving to ph d day I saw a friend's ac filter covered in sooth rather than dust. Wike and the fg need to look into this. The air in ph is not clean.
Chai grin. Is it that bad?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by autonomous22: 11:49am On Jan 31, 2021
Abia1stS0N:

Don't force me use abusing words on u.....which ppl don't want to go to school....

Do you even know what you are saying.

Rivers state have the highest number of graduates in the whole of south-south and east.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? / Nursing Mothers And Kids Forcefully Evicted From Lagos Teaching Hospital (video) / 2.3 Million Nigerians Register For Coronavirus Vaccination In 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.