Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC (17444 Views)

Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) / Solution To Permanently End Plastic Pollution / Air Pollution: Nigeria Ranks 4th Deadliest In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Tekzyflex(m): 10:48am On Jan 31, 2021
Am from Rivers state and everything the Op said about port Harcourt is almost totally correct apart from the 50 speed boat part.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by blinking001(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

Kinematics won't like the bitter truth. I have severally told him that even as a Rivers man I know too well that PORT HARCOURT is 80% slum. Almost every corner of PORT HARCOURT is dotted with shanties.
Gbamsolutely
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by DTeekay(m): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=emmym16 post=98601613][/quote]it's a shame that you just come here online and blab rubbish about a group of people, have u met everyone in Rivers State?

because ur biz didn't work doesn't mean others didn't make it in the bizness.

There are illiterates and cultists everywhere in Nigeria.

Rivers State is the most peaceful state in Nigeria, you will never hear "100people dead in Rivers State"

Though we are being marginalized by FG we don't need their handouts to survive, we have the largest IGR in Nigeria.

So please if you don't have anything productive to say, keep shut rather down the low seat of slander.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by DTeekay(m): 10:51am On Jan 31, 2021
it's a shame that you just come here online and blab rubbish about a group of people, have u met everyone in Rivers State?

Rivers State is the most peaceful state in Nigeria, you will never hear "100people dead in Rivers State"

Though we are being marginalized by FG we don't need their handouts to survive, we have the largest IGR in Nigeria.

So please if you don't have anything productive to say, keep shut rather down the low seat of slander.
Queenlovely:
If I don't know Rivers State I would have passed. But let me tell you something about rivers State.

2005 February 17th I bought 50 speed boat with double engine,for Bonny Island, wholesale price, I never made profit from that business,

The old boat owners saw me as a threat, they sabotaged my boat, my boat was sinking on every trip, similar thing happening to Peace motors, thousands of people still died after I held prayer and fasting.

Just Forget these people, they are their own problems, they don't want to go to school, they don't have hand work. only bunkering and cultism. and sex

they always claim "son of the soil title" . inshort most of them are wasted. every month Oil companies does cleanup because they won't work, they prefer breaking pipes

that is why they hardly travel to other states, they feel rivers State is the center of the universe
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by replete(m): 10:52am On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:
If I don't know Rivers State I would have passed. But let me tell you something about rivers State.

2005 February 17th I bought 50 speed boat with double engine,for Bonny Island, wholesale price, I never made profit from that business,

The old boat owners saw me as a threat, they sabotaged my boat, my boat was sinking on every trip, similar thing happening to Peace motors, thousands of people still died after I held prayer and fasting.

Just Forget these people, they are their own problems, they don't want to go to school, they don't have hand work. only bunkering and cultism. and sex

they always claim "son of the soil title" . inshort most of them are wasted. every month Oil companies does cleanup because they won't work, they prefer breaking pipes

that is why they hardly travel to other states, they feel rivers State is the center of the universe
You know the state well especially the ikwerre people.

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by DonBenny77(m): 10:52am On Jan 31, 2021
grin

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 10:52am On Jan 31, 2021
Tekzyflex:
Am from Rivers state and everything the Op said about port Harcourt is almost totally correct apart from the 50 speed boat part.

Kinematics over to you cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Kinematics: 10:53am On Jan 31, 2021
Kemistri4:
Chino on the beat grin

After I don pepper am for youtube when he was bragging about his shithole Onitsha, the heat became too much that he had to run to nairaland where the mods just push any nonsense to front page without doing their findings.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Queenlovely(f): 10:55am On Jan 31, 2021
DTeekay:
it's a shame that you just come here online and blab rubbish about a group of people, have u met everyone in Rivers State?

if not that today is Sunday, I would have sent you something by air, but all these churches will spoil the airwave today.

you see Okoloma ikpangi na we get am, Rivers State is in my blood, ask of RA1 in bonny, ask of me.

bloody babbon that was originally from akwaibom sold into slavery in rivers state

ask ur father, beast of no nation

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by htdot: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2021
Allen102:

And yet 90% of prostitutes in Rivers state are from Imo, Enugu, and Akwa ibom state.
70% of crimes in Rivers state are not done by Rivers indigenes.

This abia person that is trying so hard to discredit ph, what do u stand to gain? With all these, no state in Nigeria except abuja and lagos came close....
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Kinematics: 10:57am On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

[s]Kinematics won't like the bitter truth. I have severally told him that even as a Rivers man I know too well that PORT HARCOURT is 80% slum. Almost every corner of PORT HARCOURT is dotted with shanties[/s].

A clown thats not proud of his home red mud erosion ravaged, dirty stinking state of Anambra.

Be proud of yourself Ihiala he goat. See how to be a Rivers man dey sweet you. That tells alot. You are even shamed of your own state of Anambra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 10:59am On Jan 31, 2021
kinematlcs:
See where low income people live in PORT HARCOURT and Onitsha

1 PORT HARCOURT

2 ONITSHA

To be very fair as a Rivers man, in all honesty PORT HARCOURT is should renamed to slum city. From the two pictures, Onitsha looks so decent planned and organized. The only way to save PORT HARCOURT is to demolish 80% of the city and rebuild it.

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 11:00am On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
Kinematics:

A clown thats not proud of his home red mud erosion ravaged, dirty stinking state of Anambra.e proud of yourself Ihiala he goat. See how to be a Rivers man dey sweet you. That tells alot. You are even shamed of your own state of Anambra.
[/s]

Hahahaha cry cry old man.

PORT HARCOURT pollution has entered your brain. cheesy

PORT HARCOURT is ravaged by poverty, slums, shanties, ghettos, cultists, kidnappers, pollution, etc. Anambra is like America compare to Rivers state. Cry lol

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by nigeriansamurai(m): 11:02am On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by AmazingELixir: 11:03am On Jan 31, 2021
PHijo:

You are greedy and wicked!
50 speed boats for Bonny island?! It is obvious you wanted to destroy every other business plying that route.

I guess you sent people to school and they refused to attend! What about those who attended?

Your kinfolk forge fake identities to take up jobs that should naturally be for the host communities.

Did I hear you say sex? Yet over 90 percent of the commercial sex workers in Rivers state are not indigenous?

Governor Wike said most of the armed robbers come from states like Anambra. We have been less fortunate with the kind of states we have within our vicinity.

Why wasting your effort responding to someone her prostitution quest in Rivers state failed ...does that thing know the cost of an outboard engine let alone buying 50 boats with double engines...ask the nonentity which jetty she berths her imaginary 50 boats..

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Kinematics: 11:05am On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

[s]To be very fair as a Rivers man, in all honesty PORT HARCOURT is should renamed to slum city. From the two pictures, Onitsha looks so decent planned and organized. The only way to save PORT HARCOURT is to demolish 80% of the city and rebuild it[/s].

See the highbrow areas of Onitsha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Kinematics: 11:07am On Jan 31, 2021
kinematlcs:

[s]Ikwerre people are most miscreants cultists that terrorize residents of PORT HARCOURT. They are mostly illiterates and lazy[/s].

Here is a very wealthy neighbourhood in Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Queenlovely(f): 11:07am On Jan 31, 2021
AmazingELixir:

Why wasting your effort responding to someone her prostitution quest in Rivers state failed ...does that thing know the cost of an outboard engine let alone buying 50 boats with double engines...ask the nonentity which jetty she berths her imaginary 50 boats..

my father was not drinking ogogoro like your papa when other men were working.

my father was busy hussling, to make life easy for his children,

if your retched family can't afford ordinary speed boat mine can afford 5000 dummkopf

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by replete(m): 11:07am On Jan 31, 2021
PHijo:

Your kinfolk forge fake identities to take up jobs that should naturally be for the host communities.

This is not true... am aware the youths sell out slots meant for them just cos they don't want to work.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Kinematics: 11:08am On Jan 31, 2021
kinematlcs:

[s]I know you are crying blood over there but look at your shithole PORT HARCOURT CBD[/s] grin

Thank you for posting pictures of your brother shithole of Aba

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

True. They are their own problem. An average person from River/Bayelsa state that lives there cannot amount to anything without a government-sponsored scholarship or illegal oil bunkering. It's shameful.

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Kinematics: 11:10am On Jan 31, 2021
replete:

[s]This is not true... am aware the youths sell out slots meant for them just cos they don't want to work.[/s]

True. I know how many Ibos coming to my office bagging me on daily basis to get LGA identification.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Worldliness(f): 11:10am On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

This is absolute rubbish you have written here. You must be a very frustrated and bitter soul. Keep your negative energy to yourself and stop spreading it around.

Rivers is a very beautiful place with nice people. There are problems everywhere in Nigeria. Problems and troubles are not peculiar to Rivers. Your comments are very irresponsible. Its a shame.

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by deliveryboy: 11:10am On Jan 31, 2021
Illegal oil bunkering is a multi billion naira in rivers state, fathers, mothers and children of same families are into it. Whenever one flies choppers over the creeks one will see so many bunkering and makeshift crude oil refineries, these refineries release effluent oil pollution into the river bodies polluting everywhere. Working on rigs in the creeks, it’s not an uncommon sight to see huge fires at night during fractionation of stolen crude oil into paraffin and condensate. These huge fires results in the deposition of sooth we see in our living area. What’s worse is how much of it we breath into our lungs and the long term adverse effects it may have on the people. However, it’s near forbidden to speak about it without sounding like a snitch or ‘enemy of the people’ you will be greeted with the response such as ‘you know there’s poverty in the land’ or ‘is it not their oil?’. Hope in years to come many residents would not come down with lung cancer. My people say ashawo money nor reach to treat ashawo sickness. I don comot Road.

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by NkanAkpanika: 11:10am On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

Kinematics won't like the bitter truth. I have severally told him that even as a Rivers man I know too well that PORT HARCOURT is 80% slum. Almost every corner of PORT HARCOURT is dotted with shanties.
Can this be true?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Iwosan-Lagoon Hospial On Victoria Island. / Hospital Suspends Male Nurse For Injecting Gej’s Supporter Un-prescribed Drugs / 2.3 Million Nigerians Register For Coronavirus Vaccination In 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.