Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC (17462 Views)

Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) / Solution To Permanently End Plastic Pollution / Air Pollution: Nigeria Ranks 4th Deadliest In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Queenlovely(f): 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
safetyInspector:
I don't need to research on it because I was part of the system. Odili boats were not sabotaged, our poor maintenance culture sent the boats to early grave. Even Bonny LGA floated her own which never succeeded. I understand that Indigenous boat owners were doing silly things even among themselves but I faulted your claim of 50 double engine boats in 2005. If you had boats then, 50 double engine boats operating Bonny-PH route is nothing but hyperbole

don't use your pocket as a yardstick to others

some have light pocket, heavy empty,

ask of T marine the cultists, I decided to work with him

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by laurelbae(f): 12:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
majamajic:

I said to me it's still the best !

Say your own pls

Am in Lagos , but whenever I come enugu , my head go rest . Stop doubting me pls
I love Enugu Sha but we need more
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by ViktorCash: 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
I am a Rivers Man and i agree with this cry
Queenlovely:
If I don't know Rivers State I would have passed. But let me tell you something about rivers State.

2005 February 17th I bought 50 speed boat with double engine,for Bonny Island, wholesale price, I never made profit from that business,

The old boat owners saw me as a threat, they sabotaged my boat, my boat was sinking on every trip, similar thing happening to Peace motors, thousands of people still died after I held prayer and fasting.

Just Forget these people, they are their own problems, they don't want to go to school, they don't have hand work. only bunkering and cultism. and sex

they always claim "son of the soil title" . inshort most of them are wasted. every month Oil companies does cleanup because they won't work, they prefer breaking pipes

that is why they hardly travel to other states, they feel rivers State is the center of the universe

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Blitzerz: 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
PissfulProtester:
This is the problem with an average south/south and South East person..Too dumb
To buttress my point,

I am glad that even several foreign courts are beginning to award compensation for several oil producing communities.....

That came with a bonus,
Pronouncing the foolishness of your cashew brain.
Idiyot.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by majamajic(m): 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
laurelbae:
I love Enugu Sha but we need more

Yes , at least . Just look at pics of PH ,u see can't anywhere with water polluted like this in Enugu city or very big shanty areas , save from ugbodogwu which is fast developing now .

I do charter full Keke at 200 naira for a journey of about 10km

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Cutehector(m): 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

I am from Rivers state but I want to run too. PORT HARCOURT is a shithole and a polluted jungle. PORT HARCOURT is the most polluted city in the world
pls run while you still can. That black soot is not healthy for the lungs. On a normal day they are supposed to fine companies or arrest those responsible for the soot. But alas! We dont have active institutions responsible for environmental pollution.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by angelfallz(m): 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
What makes Enugu a complete city?
majamajic:
I have never seen a city as complete as Enugu city in Nigeria
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by chris51(f): 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
Taich:

God help us, you have to mob the flour twice daily, if not the whole house will be a mess.

It's to Mop the floor and use car cover to cover the cars, otherwise the cars will be covered with soot.
Very unhealthy

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by chris51(f): 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
chris51:

It's to Mop the floor and use car cover to cover the cars, otherwise the cars will be covered with soot.
Very unhealthy
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by PissfulProtester: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
Blitzerz:

To buttress my point,

I am glad that even several foreign courts are beginning to award compensation for several oil producing communities.....

That came with a bonus,
Pronouncing the foolishness of your cashew brain.
Idiyot.

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by ijeawele23635: 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
:I am from kwara
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Fragility6: 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:
If I don't know Rivers State I would have passed. But let me tell you something about rivers State.

2005 February 17th I bought 50 speed boat with double engine,for Bonny Island, wholesale price, I never made profit from that business,

The old boat owners saw me as a threat, they sabotaged my boat, my boat was sinking on every trip, similar thing happening to Peace motors, thousands of people still died after I held prayer and fasting.

Just Forget these people, they are their own problems, they don't want to go to school, they don't have hand work. only bunkering and cultism. and sex

they always claim "son of the soil title" . inshort most of them are wasted. every month Oil companies does cleanup because they won't work, they prefer breaking pipes

that is why they hardly travel to other states, they feel rivers State is the center of the universe
Same with bayelsa too.Both the young and old dont want to work.They just want to sit at home expecting 'free money'.Lives revolve also around cultism

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by zoezoelogistics(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

I can't agree less or more.
You hit the nail on the head.

Those guys are something else.

I moved to my current apartment in 2016.
The week i went to make payment for the apartment, i saw a new estate security gate erected by a Catholic church within the estate.
By the following week when i was moving in, the security gate had been pulled down, guess why?
The youths in the estate complained that they were not paid "kola" before erecting the gate. Just imagine that.

Another experience:
I went visiting one of my post graduate lecturers who is an indigene, i was shocked to my bones when he asked that i buy him drink for visiting him.
Who is supposed to give who drink?
And to think this is a well read man.

Another experience:
Nkporlu Junction on the east west road is known for it's bad road for ages caused by flooding. You dare not drive on that road when it rains. It takes over 2 weeks for the flood caused by a 2-3 hrs rain to clear off.
So the experience is hell for the residents.
You would expect them to welcome any form of solution to this age long problem without much ado.

But trust Rivers people, a contractor was deployed to fix the road just within the month. It was highly unbelievable to hear that 2 communities rose up against the contractor, both demanding for "egunje/kola/settlement" before they would allow the contractor mobilize to site.

Go to the multinational companies in the state, you would hardly find indigenes. Not as if they are not there, but their number is very small.
They are given slots to work, but they would rather sell the slots to non indigenes.

They prefer staging protests, demanding for millions from the companies. Cash they would squander in minutes on frivolities.

These guys are a special bred. No pun intended.

Rivers people are their own problem.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RichAbujaGuy: 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
Port Harcourt area pastors and priests must help deliver cleansing and blessings.

This environmental degradation should not be cursed on the next generation.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
zoezoelogistics:

I can't agree less or more.
You hit the nail on the head.

Those guys are something else.

I moved to my current apartment in 2016.
The week i went to make payment for the apartment, i saw a new estate security gate erected by a Catholic church within the estate.
By the following week when i was moving in, the security gate had been pulled down, guess why?
The youths in the estate complained that they were not paid "kola". Just imagine that.

Another experience:
I went visiting one of my post graduate lecturers who is an indigent, i was shocked to my bones when he asked that i give him drink for visiting him.
Who is supposed to give who drink?
And to think this is a well read man.

Another experience:
Nkporlu Junction on the east west road is known for it's bad road for ages called By flooding. You dare not drive on that road when it rains. It takes over 2 weeks for the flood caused by a 2-3 hrs rain to clear off.
So the experience is hell for residents.
You would expect them to be welcome any form of solution to this age long problem without much ado.

But trust Rivers people, a contractor was deployed to fix the road. 2 communities rose up against the contractor, both demanding for "egunje/kola/settlement" before they would allow the contractor mobilize to site.

Go to the multinational companies in the state, you would hardly find indigenes.
They are given slots for work, but they would rather sell the slot to non indigenes.

They prefer staging protests, demanding for millions from the companies. Cash they would squander in minutes on frivolities.

These guys are a special bred. No pun intended.

Rivers people are their own problem.

Rivers yoots are the most useless in the world. Bunch of illiterates. Kinematics is equally a cultist cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Mrpojj(m): 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

Rivers people don't go to school?
Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Queenlovely(f): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mrpojj:
Rivers people don't go to school? Are you for real?
I no carry water for mouth
even when they do, it's half done
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by meobizy(f): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queue the white people with their many solutions to climate change trying to make a difference in the state for a worldwide example.

Why is BBC picking this news only now? This was an issue since 2014. At least for once, them don carry last. The issue is really serious. I honestly thought I wasn’t affected due to distance but lo and behold, my respiratory system tells me nothing except the truth. A few of my family members are experiencing the effects as well as any white-hued livestock.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Worldliness(f): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

PORT HARCOURT is 80% slums. Everywhere in PORT HARCOURT is dotted with shanties. Fact

That picture is a market for goodness sakes.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by royal231(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
Port Harcourt problems started with abandoned property..

That's why shanties and ghettos are abound..

Properties that were supposed to be planned were just occupied by vagabonds..

And mayhem ruled the land..

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
Worldliness:

That picture is a market for goodness sakes.

PORT HARCOURT is 80% slums, even kinematics knows this fact.

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Dannnirich(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
This is very true!

ote author=Queenlovely post=98600037]If I don't know Rivers State I would have passed. But let me tell you something about rivers State.

that is why they hardly travel to other states, they feel rivers State is the center of the universe[/quote]
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mrpojj:

Rivers people don't go to school?
Are you for real?

He is very correct. Most Rivers indigenes are illiterates, school dropouts, cultists, criminals, kidnappers, etc
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Bofoy4(m): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2021
Rivers hmmm

Rivers.

I can't believe what I read about u guys here but if it true then you guys are shit,

shit I mean.

u guys should stop embarrassing Niger delta enough of this mess from u pigs.

shits from shithole
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by destiny322(m): 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

Uncle take it from me, from the horse mouth,

these people are losers.
I don't want to argue, I know Rivers State like I know USA,

lazy set of people

Shut up your mouth. You know nothing
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by husu(m): 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
Every night police men and army will abandon their duty post and mount at exit points of trucks carrying bunkered crude oil and be collecting Roger in thousands. They make so much money there. Bunkering is not a crime in portharcourt

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Mrpojj(m): 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

I no carry water for mouth

even when they do, it's half done

Be like u carry
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Gerrard59(m): 3:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
Blitzerz:
They will never blame the gas flaring and other effects of the activities of their own British oil firms.

Why don't u just leave their crude oil alone let everyone use solar energy.

Blackmail journalism.

If they do so, you will become poor. Where do you Rivers state makes her money from? If developed countries stop buying crude oil, una go poor well well.

No one stops you from using solar and it is the responsibility of the Nigerian govt to ensure gas is not flared. Hold your politicians accountable not oyibo firms. You should even be happy a foreign media house took up the incident if not, na so so hydrogen sulphide una go dey breathe stdeadily
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Gerrard59(m): 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
oxygen47:
This is true. Black soot is a menace during the dry season in Port Harcourt. People complain every year in the last 5 years and nothing has been done about it. Visit the hospitals now and see loads of people with respiratory issues.....I'm talking both infants, children, the middle aged and the elderly. Terrible

If it was possible, I would have bought shares in Indian and Chinese pharmaceutical companies who are focused on respiratory diseases. Time to make money from the incompetence in Nigeria.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Gerrard59(m): 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
codecyan:
The black soot is a big problem.
Most of the soot is produced @ night which makes me believe its as a result of illegal activities. Its so bad that if you go to wake up the next day your nostrils would be black...

One wonders how the lungs would be if a night's sleep results in inhaling such copious amount of black soot. The issue is the Government is paying lip service to this phenomenon. There is no way the military/police do not know there boys with these 'refineries'.

If this is not checked, people in Port Harcourt would start presenting ailments connected to lung disease. The worrisome aspect is that this black soot is all over Rivers state...not just Port Harcourt; so the big men notice it. I really don't know how but if you close all your doors and windows with the AC on, the soot still seeps in. This is a big issue.

The big men know it but do nothing about it. Nigerian elites are largely useless people. Bunch of twats! I doubt Namibian elites can be so stoopid! From VI to Lekki to PH GRA, useless people everywhere. The same Olodo elites Nigerian youths revere.

Idiats!
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Gerrard59(m): 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2021
DTeekay:
it's a shame that you just come here online and blab rubbish about a group of people, have u met everyone in Rivers State?

Rivers State is the most peaceful state in Nigeria, you will never hear "100people dead in Rivers State"

Though we are being marginalized by FG we don't need their handouts to survive, we have the largest IGR in Nigeria

So please if you don't have anything productive to say, keep shut rather down the low seat of slander.

Rivers state can never be mentioned as the most peaceful in Nigeria, that is an outrageous lie. Rivers state and peace is a perfect example of oxymoron. Again, you lied when you stated she has the highest IGR: Bureau of Olodo Statistics https://nairametrics.com/2020/10/06/igr-states-generate-n612-9-billion-in-h1-2020-dips-by-11-7/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Iwosan-Lagoon Hospial On Victoria Island. / 2.3 Million Nigerians Register For Coronavirus Vaccination In 24 Hours / Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.