Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC (17451 Views)

Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) / Solution To Permanently End Plastic Pollution / Air Pollution: Nigeria Ranks 4th Deadliest In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Gerrard59(m): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
autonomous22:

Don't force me use abusing words on u.....which ppl don't want to go to school....

Do you even know what you are saying.

Rivers state have the highest number of graduates in the whole of south-south and east.

Where did you get that information from? Graduates from what level? Poly, Colleges of Education of universities?
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by safetyInspector(m): 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2021
It is not about how rich you are or were, you can have multibillion naira investment in other things but to tell me that in 2005 only you owned 50 double engine boat operating Bonny-PH water ways is a pure lie. I am not a visitor in Bonny, I am from Brown family in Finima.
Queenlovely:

don't use your pocket as a yardstick to others

some have light pocket, heavy empty,

ask of T marine the cultists, I decided to work with him

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Gerrard59(m): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
majamajic:

Upon all I don waka for Nigeria , whenever I reach enugu city , I always stay calm . It's very economical , peaceful , good road network , no rushing , there's space , they value life in that city !

But same Enugu is said to have no water? Like private individuals cannot even dig boreholes. So, how does it make sense considering that there exists no functional public water works in the country?
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by PharmD911: 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
BREYZ:

Lmao grin Kwara? grin grin oh God! Shift lemme pass abeg.
She's lying, check her past posts. You should know her tribe already. The best tribe According to them.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by majamajic(m): 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
Gerrard59:

But same Enugu is said to have no water? Like private individuals cannot even dig boreholes. So, how does it make sense considering that there exists no functional public water works in the country?

Enugu is the only city in Nigeria that still use government water pipe water,
New houses prefer going for boreholes , the components I stayed , the estate everyone has Private boreholes , am talking about enugu city, not enugu as state ooo
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by PHijo(m): 4:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
replete:

This is not true... am aware the youths sell out slots meant for them just cos they don't want to work.

No, many executives offer their kinfolk slots instead of locals. Most of these slots being sold were meant to be sold from the onset. They are bribes given to individuals. If slots are meant for the locals the companies know how to advertise such slots in a transparent manner.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by themanderon: 5:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
Oil is truly a curse in this nation. These people are dying gradually and nobody seems to care.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by ThatPetiteChic: 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
codecyan:
The black soot is a big problem.
Most of the soot is produced @ night which makes me believe its as a result of illegal activities. Its so bad that if you go to wake up the next day your nostrils would be black...

One wonders how the lungs would be if a night's sleep results in inhaling such copious amount of black soot. The issue is the Government is paying lip service to this phenomenon. There is no way the military/police do not know there boys with these 'refineries'.

If this is not checked, people in Port Harcourt would start presenting ailments connected to lung disease. The worrisome aspect is that this black soot is all over Rivers state...not just Port Harcourt; so the big men notice it. I really don't know how but if you close all your doors and windows with the AC on, the soot still seeps in. This is a big issue.

I was still complaining to my husband about the soot. I mop every day...sometimes twice a day because of this soot. I always wonder how it enters because my curtains are always down. It's really bad. I can't spread white cloth outside because I will see soot particles on my cloth. Each time I clean my nose with an handkerchief, it comes out black. Really painful...
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2021
Allen102:

And yet 90% of prostitutes in Rivers state are from Imo, Enugu, and Akwa ibom state.
70% of crimes in Rivers state are not done by Rivers indigenes.

when we all knw an average man frm rivers is a criminal/cultist mumu
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by BREYZ: 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
PharmD911:

She's lying, check her past posts. You should know her tribe already. The best tribe According to them.

I even thought she's from a state that has it all, Kwara for that matter grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by BREYZ: 5:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
Paxxcarl:
when we all knw an average man frm rivers is a criminal/cultist mumu

Who's this riffraff saying gibberish on naira land? When will you guys stop acting foolish and behave like people who have seen the four walls of an institution for once?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by brandsoncharlie: 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:
If I don't know Rivers State I would have passed. But let me tell you something about rivers State.

2005 February 17th I bought 50 speed boat with double engine,for Bonny Island, wholesale price, I never made profit from that business,

The old boat owners saw me as a threat, they sabotaged my boat, my boat was sinking on every trip, similar thing happening to Peace motors, thousands of people still died after I held prayer and fasting.

Just Forget these people, they are their own problems, they don't want to go to school, they don't have hand work. only bunkering and cultism. and sex

they always claim "son of the soil title" . inshort most of them are wasted. every month Oil companies does cleanup because they won't work, they prefer breaking pipes

that is why they hardly travel to other states, they feel rivers State is the center of the universe
You're talking crap.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by brandsoncharlie: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2021
kinematlcs:

You are very correct. I am from Rivers state but I feel ashamed of the state. Aside pollution, Ph is filled with cultists, kidnappers, armed robbers, prostitutes, etc. Ph is not livable.
Nonsense talk, is it not in Lagos State the winner of IBM competition was killed.
many rich people have been killed in sw recently who were living abroad but decide to come back to Nigeria to invest in Agriculture.
Same with SE assassination of rich men, hit and run.
You people should give us a break and shut up.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
BREYZ:

Who's this riffraff saying gibberish on naira land? When will you guys stop acting foolish and behave like people who have seen the four walls of an institution for once?
another stupid key warrior, say hi to ur mom
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by BREYZ: 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
Paxxcarl:
another stupid key warrior, say hi to ur mom

Say hello to your slowpoke of a family. Dimwit
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by brandsoncharlie: 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:

Uncle take it from me, from the horse mouth,

these people are losers.
I don't want to argue, I know Rivers State like I know USA,

lazy set of people
People like you won't stay in your state only to run from one place to another. With the ill state of rivers state yet your people, ibo, Akwaibom and others won't keep off.
Nonsense talk.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
BREYZ:

Say hello to your slowpoke of a family. Dimwit
If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by PHijo(m): 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2021
Fragility6:

Same with bayelsa too.Both the young and old dont want to work.They just want to sit at home expecting 'free money'.Lives revolve also around cultism

Free money from who?

If people should accused of wanting free money it is you Nigerians. You, your states, LGAs and FGN are all feeding fat on oil producing ethnic nationalities.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by BREYZ: 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
Paxxcarl:
If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid.

Everyone knows who's stupid here, full grown adult acting like an overfed frog. You are indeed a disgrace to the male gender. I spit on your useless self.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
BREYZ:

Everyone knows i’m stupid here, full grown adult acting like an overfed frog. i’m indeed a disgrace to the male gender. I spit on my useless self.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by BREYZ: 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=Paxxcarl post=98613878][/quote]

Low life, exactly how they behave. I knew you were going to do that world class ode!

Crippled soul.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by DTeekay(m): 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
Rivers state is very peaceful.
Gerrard59:

Rivers state can never be mentioned as the most peaceful in Nigeria, that is an outrageous lie. Rivers state and peace is a perfect example of oxymoron. Again, you lied when you stated she has the highest IGR: Bureau of Olodo Statistics https://nairametrics.com/2020/10/06/igr-states-generate-n612-9-billion-in-h1-2020-dips-by-11-7/
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Fragility6: 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2021
PHijo:

Free money from who?

If people should accused of wanting free money it is you Nigerians. You, your states, LGAs and FGN are all feeding fat on oil producing ethnic nationalities.
Pass
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 31, 2021
BREYZ:

Low life, exactly how they behave. I knew you were going to do that world class ode!

Crippled soul.
knobhead keep wallowing in stupidity
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nsarug80: 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:
If I don't know Rivers State I would have passed. But let me tell you something about rivers State.

2005 February 17th I bought 50 speed boat with double engine,for Bonny Island, wholesale price, I never made profit from that business,

The old boat owners saw me as a threat, they sabotaged my boat, my boat was sinking on every trip, similar thing happening to Peace motors, thousands of people still died after I held prayer and fasting.

Just Forget these people, they are their own problems, they don't want to go to school, they don't have hand work. only bunkering and cultism. and sex

they always claim "son of the soil title" . inshort most of them are wasted. every month Oil companies does cleanup because they won't work, they prefer breaking pipes

that is why they hardly travel to other states, they feel rivers State is the center of the universe
This is a very senseless comment
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
Allen102:

And yet 90% of prostitutes in Rivers state are from Imo, Enugu, and Akwa ibom state.

u try shaa! You must have gone to interrogate all those prostitutes for you to come up with ur funny stats..trying so hard to exonerate rivers girls?? Like u don't know their sexual prowess?? Being surrounded by large water bodies source of sea foods which can be aphrodisiac. Who join local cults pass them? "Cultism is indigenous""
Funny enough u mentioned states that could be better off than rivers bcuz the oil reservoir s been drilled down,soot is causing havoc,, insecurity is on the increase. Where else do criminals decapitate people like rivers?
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by PHijo(m): 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2021
goldony:

u try shaa! You must have gone to interrogate all those prostitutes for you to come up with ur funny stats..trying so hard to exonerate rivers girls?? Like u don't know their sexual prowess?? Being surrounded by large water bodies source of sea foods which can be aphrodisiac. Who join local cults pass them? "Cultism is indigenous""
Funny enough u mentioned states that could be better off than rivers bcuz the oil reservoir s been drilled down,soot is causing havoc,, insecurity is on the increase. Where else do criminals decapitate people like rivers?

https://www.nairaland.com/6350758/leo-anuforo-assassinated-imo-gunmen
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by arnold82: 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
Very hard place to live
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Blitzerz: 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
Gerrard59:

If they do so, you will become poor. Where do you Rivers state makes her money from? If developed countries stop buying crude oil, una go poor well well.

No one stops you from using solar and it is the responsibility of the Nigerian govt to ensure gas is not flared. Hold your politicians accountable not oyibo firms. You should even be happy a foreign media house took up the incident if not, na so so hydrogen sulphide una go dey breathe stdeadily
The bolded is a big lie built on ignorance.

Before crude oil,
Southern Nigeria was so rich from oil palm export alone.
Not to talk of other exports.
Even Asians came here to source for seeds.
Go and learn history.

Go and check the position of her economy then.

The media u r calling foreign is British, the very people milking the oil via British shell.
It's all for their pockets, eye service so that the world can look away while they pollute Nigeria.

I am happy many foreign courts are beginning to award local communities compensation.
They are not buying into the lies of the British.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Ukeme8: 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
Allen102:

And how did you arrived at that? You lied, and I see you are part if the problem in PH.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
Everything to demarket rivers state is welcomed. This reporting is acrimonious. What's the business of soot with expertraits that left PH. Truth be told...once oil price drops, there are job losses and experts are first to leave any city.
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by BlackSaints: 1:36am On Feb 01, 2021
Queenlovely:

I am from kwara
You are not from kwara state!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hospital Suspends Male Nurse For Injecting Gej’s Supporter Un-prescribed Drugs / Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Iwosan-Lagoon Hospial On Victoria Island. / 2.3 Million Nigerians Register For Coronavirus Vaccination In 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.