Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Why Ladies Hardly Change Their Surnames After Marriage These Days - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Ladies Hardly Change Their Surnames After Marriage These Days (39327 Views)

Why Ladies Refuse To Build With Guys !! / Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name / Why Do Women Change Their Names After Getting Married?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Why Ladies Hardly Change Their Surnames After Marriage These Days by BluntCrazeMan: 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
PROPHETmichael:

Usually I don't like discussing spiritual matters with people who are spiritually inclined but I feel led to help your spiritual illiteracy.... Let me break it down for you in the language that you will understand.

For example:
1. You visit a car stand (Village Automobile)

2. You spot a nice car.

3. You make enquiry about the car.

4. Village Automobile told you about the price etc

5. You make payment.

6. Village Automobile hand over the car key to you.

7. You drove out without making change of ownership I.e. the car now bears your name and not that of the previous owner, Village Automobile).

8. If you don't go back to correct your error, technically, you are just renting.

9. Village Automobile one day decided to call police, informing them that his car was stolen.

10. Police will trace and arrest you.

11. You will claim "but I paid for this car....this is the receipt...."

11. Police will say, "okay, but the car document bears (Village Automobile)"

12. You will now say "errm ermmm..."police will say "my friend shut up...You be thief..come with us to the station."

13. Police will then return the vehicle back to the owner whose name is on the document, pending further investigation which can take months if not years.

14. You will be lamenting and counting your loss during this period.

15. May your spiritual understanding be enlightened.

Shalom
I still don't understand.
So, keep your analogy.
I have made my point.
You can argue all you want.
Re: Why Ladies Hardly Change Their Surnames After Marriage These Days by KenModi(m): 9:16pm On Feb 05, 2021
Cutehector:
if i can go through the stress of paying Her bride price, TF should she be lazy to change her name

I will not tolerate a lousy wife.

You do know that the change of name doesn’t make her love your more or means she wouldn’t cheat on you. Well if you want the change of name just to massage your fragile ego, I can understand.
Re: Why Ladies Hardly Change Their Surnames After Marriage These Days by Chiquitq(f): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
I like that it is difficult. Many women are bearing names that they do not have any business bearing.

My estranged husband moved in with a married woman whose husband left her. The woman changed her name to my estranged husband’s surname. She is not divorced and neither is the demon. With the look of things, she would not be able to change her name officially. She must stick to her husband’s name on her documents or revert to her father’s name.

Pardon me for being petty but it is what it is. Imagine taking a man’s name because you feed him, house him and donate to his dysfunctional nuclear family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Who Wants To Marry Her Son's Friend In Gombe Sent To Prison / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read / Why We Cheat On Our Spouses – Abuja Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.