Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS (10237 Views)

Abia Speaker Visits Journalist Whose Wife Delivered First Child After 11 Years / Husband Abandons His Wife, Says Twins, CS Are Taboos In Rivers (Photo) / My Neighbors Who Gave Birth Through CS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by NoToPile: 9:59pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ejenavi18:

Thanks for drawing my attention to that..

Op what your babies are receiving is Hepatitis B immunoglobulin (HBIG), it's different from the routine Hepatitis B vaccine..
Your babies need it ASAP.
My suggestion made earlier was based on thinking it was the routine HBV vaccine.

Yeah I noticed you felt it was the routine one, the 70k I read drew my attention to that possibility.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ezkid:
They told me to excuse them and they later said its just important for the safety of the baby, I'm scared

Go and delete that alert Sir,I don't just get it, simple instruction
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2021
NoToPile:

Getting that injection on time for the babies is very important as time is a big factor and govt hospitals hardly have it.

What will happen if the injection are being delayed till we are able to?
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by NoToPile: 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ezkid:
They told me to excuse them and they later said its just important for the safety of the baby, I'm scared

Oga please don't be scared, hopefully you will raise the funds soonest so the injection can be gotten, that's the most important thing now.
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by NoToPile: 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2021
I hope I'm able to get them vaccinated, but if I can't, then I will keep them in prayers , I don't have that money.

I will make sure I get tested so I can know the source .
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by eniolorunfe: 10:50pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ezkid:
What will happen if the injection are being delayed till we are able to?

Infants should receive Hep B immunoglobulin immediately after birth — preferably within 12 hours of birth and certainly within 48 hours. Its efficacy decreases markedly if given more than 48 hours after birth.

@op..you can read more about it online

The nurses should have informed your wife about it before now, you can confirm from her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2021
eniolorunfe:

Infants should receive Hep B immunoglobulin immediately after birth — preferably within 12 hours of birth and certainly within 48 hours. Its efficacy decreases markedly if given more than 48 hours after birth.

@op..you can read more about it online

The nurses should have informed your wife about it before now, you can confirm from her

Ah, its over 48hrs today, the doctor prescribed the vaccine when the babies was just 15hrs old according to what was written in the paper, they pull her out of the Theater about 9PM on Tuesday and as it is now , its over 48 hours already.

Some people sent me 12K tonight, May God bless them abudantly .

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 6:19am On Feb 05, 2021
I just saw this on the internet and I'm so scared for these kids.

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by jalodo2: 8:38am On Feb 05, 2021
I wonder why u cant see the doctors to find out things in details. All u are concerned with is coming here cos of d money u seek. U dont even have knowledge of what u are buying is for. If is either your kids contacted or at risk of contacting it from your wife. Since she had cs, d risk of contacting it is low hence the vaccine is needed for prevention since your wife probably have it. This u can get at any health centre free. If they already had it, the doctor would have given u time frame to get it. Stop running to nairaland cos u needs their money, go to your doctors and ask questions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by jalodo2: 8:47am On Feb 05, 2021
Ezkid:
I just saw this on the inyou dont even know if your kids have the disease or they are trying to prevent it. Instead of u to go ask your doctors questions, you are here with bowl. I am not a doctor, and many people here ain't doctors. Put phone down and run around. U are here early in the morning showing us how dangerous the disease is as if we owe u more than sorry when things go wrong. ternet and I'm so scared for these kids.
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 9:06am On Feb 05, 2021
jalodo2:
I wonder why u cant see the doctors to find out things in details. All u are concerned with is coming here cos of d money u seek. U dont even have knowledge of what u are buying is for. If is either your kids contacted or at risk of contacting it from your wife. Since she had cs, d risk of contacting it is low hence the vaccine is needed for prevention since your wife probably have it. This u can get at any health centre free. If they already had it, the doctor would have given u time frame to get it. Stop running to nairaland cos u needs their money, go to your doctors and ask questions.
I'm in a health center to run some tests, HIV, HPV and Hepatitis B, I want to know the source first, I'm getting to know the mother is a carrier through the information I got here, the doctor is not willing to tell me those Info's, they just said the injection is70k and that is vital to the baby health in the long run.

I don't have a doctor to go to, cos I'm not the patient, I'm in a health center now

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 9:21am On Feb 05, 2021
jalodo2:
I just got the results of HPV, HIV and Hepatitis B test and the results are non reactive , I'm not the source of the infection.

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 9:24am On Feb 05, 2021
What should I do with the babies condition? Its been almost 96hours, I don't know what to do, if I' have a non reactive results from hepatitis b, is there any way I can explain how my wife is a carrier?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by NoToPile: 9:45am On Feb 05, 2021
Ezkid:
What should I do with the babies condition? Its been almost 96hours, I don't know what to do, if I' have a non reactive results from hepatitis b, is there any way I can explain how my wife is a carrier?

I seem not to understand you, what you should prioritize at this moment is how to raise the funds to get the injection for those babies. You can worry about every other thing later.

When you get to the FMC ask questions, ask the doctors, ask the nurses in the ward they will tell you why they wrote thate injection for them.

8 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 10:50am On Feb 05, 2021
I have asked questions and they've confirmed she's positive for hepatitis B, but the doctor said its possible she got it from birth. But if I can't afford the vaccine , I should leave it, its just precautionary, I'm just in panic mode
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Bigdre31: 10:51am On Feb 05, 2021
All vaccines in hospitals are FOC ..

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 11:34am On Feb 05, 2021
Bigdre31:
All vaccines in hospitals are FOC ..
Yes regular vaccines.
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Xeedee: 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ezkid:
My delivered twins through CS and i have no means of paying the hospital bills

https://www.nairaland.com/6399241/delivery#98741301

I publish this picture below with her consent.

Whoever is capable of helping me should pls go through my details and render any assistance

FCMB
I understand your predicament bro. My wife has delivered through CS 3 times but God was faithful and we overcame all outrageous bills all 3 times. I will see what i can do for u when i close from work. I have your bank details already. Congratulations and may those beautiful souls bring Joy and gladness to your family in Jesus name

17 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
Xeedee:

I understand your predicament bro. My wife has delivered through CS 3 times but God was faithful and we overcame all outrageous bills all 3 times. I will see what i can do for u when i close from work. I have your bank details already. Congratulations and may those beautiful souls bring Joy and gladness to your family in Jesus name

Thanks so much Sir, May God keep your children alive.
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2021
God bless Ma. Thanks a lot.

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 2:24pm On Feb 05, 2021
They arranged theater bills in a folder and I wants to snap it but they vehemently opposed it. Why can't I snap bills I'm going to pay?

They said I'm paying to the revenue point not to them.
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
[quote author=Ezkid post=98764542]
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Bigdre31: 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ezkid:
Yes regular vaccines.

all listed vaccines are regular , am still not understanding .. anyways Godspeed
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ezkid:
They arranged theater bills in a folder and I wants to snap it but they vehemently opposed it. Why can't I snap bills I'm going to pay?

They said I'm paying to the revenue point not to them.

The one gotten from birth is not treatable,I pray that God will not allow my luvly twins to be a carrier,God will fix it since you couldn't raise the funds
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Protein0: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ezkid:
I have asked questions and they've confirmed she's positive for hepatitis B, but the doctor said its possible she got it from birth. But if I can't afford the vaccine , I should leave it, its just precautionary, I'm just in panic mode
Calm down.
The routine hepatitis vaccine which is given for free is enough in cases of unavailability of HBIG, but must be given before the babies are put to breast. I hope they have been given this free one.

As per the source, your wife might have gotten it during her birth or afterwards while her system was not able to clear it.
Your being negative might mean you have had it and your system had successfully cleared it.

This exactly is part of the consequences of health workers going on strike from a non working system.
I'm sure the hospital where she did antenatal was aware of her status and prepared.
FMC received her as an unbooked patient, for an emergency CS.
All info they got were "emergency" too

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
angelusbrut:

The one gotten from birth is not treatable,I pray that God will not allow my luvly twins to be a carrier,God will fix it since you couldn't raise the funds
Thanks so much ma, the mommy is a carrier and i tested negative, I still don't understand, I told the doctor and he said I probably got vaccinated against it, and she probably got it from birth too, for her status to be reactive. If we are married and plan pregnancy in a medical way, doctors could've advised her to treat it first before getting pregnant for the sake of her baby.
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
Protein0:

Calm down.
The routine hepatitis vaccine which is given for free is enough in cases of unavailability of HBIG, but must be given before the babies are put to breast. I hope they have been given this free one.

As per the source, your wife might have gotten it during her birth or afterwards while her system was not able to clear it.
Your being negative might mean you have had it and your system had successfully cleared it.

This exactly is part of the consequences of health workers going on strike from a non working system.
I'm sure the hospital where she did antenatal was aware of her status and prepared.
FMC received her as an unbooked patient, for an emergency CS.
All info they got were "emergency" too

Yes they told me, she's an unbooked patient and they refused to discharge her until all necessary treatments are carried out.
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by lilyheaven: 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ejenavi18:

Hepatitis B vaccine 70,000?

Your babies need 3 vaccines at birth.
BCG, OPV and Hepatitis B.
These vaccines are given almost free of charge if not free in government health centres.

Are you sure of what you're saying?

I’m just hearing this for the first time, no government hospital charges money for vaccines.
Check well.
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
lilyheaven:

I’m just hearing this for the first time, no government hospital charges money for vaccines.
Check well.
This is not a regular vaccine

Its a mother to child transmission prevention vaccine, the normal HB vaccine has been given to the kids, they've collected the samples of the kids to know their status if they're not infected already, and they're also at risk of infection because their mommy tested positive for hepatitis B. The regular vaccine is for all babies who are not at risks of transmission from their mother during child birth.

The result of the tests would be ready tonight and they'll give it to me.
Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by Ezkid(m): 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
Though I don't know their moniker but I appreciate those who assisted me tonight.

May God remember your children whenever it seem all hope are lost for them.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS by SweetCunt97(f): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ezkid:
Any one who's willing to help me should pls help me. I've turned a begger since the beginning of this year.

My account details are
FCMB

Those vaccines are absolutely free here in Abuja though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic / Does A Man Need More Than One Wife? / I Can Deal With My Wife The Way I Please--chidi Odiah[soccer Star]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.