Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,076 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours (34527 Views)

VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition / Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) / Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by na2016: 6:27am On Feb 08, 2021
ProtectMyMoney:

At home and at work according to the article...that means your work place will also be providing charging point for you.

Charging point no b like phone o ooo
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by gozie4naira(m): 6:28am On Feb 08, 2021
i still de wonder where we go de charge this motor because my phone i never still charger am 100% full
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Shormiey(m): 6:29am On Feb 08, 2021
uuzba:

What kid of stupid statement is that? Are you PHCN?
He is not supplied with up to 9hrs already power supply. Is it his duty to supply himself power supply?
I'm not talking to you, let her reply me....
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by martinz1: 6:30am On Feb 08, 2021
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by SavageMaster: 6:35am On Feb 08, 2021
Basicend:
How many hoses can get 9 hours electricity in Nigeria?

Where I currently reside, we have 18-20 hours or more of light daily. I'm not exaggerating.

But the electricity bill no be here oh. Outrageous!
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by freemanq(m): 6:36am On Feb 08, 2021
Another office for Phcn #200,000 per charge
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:37am On Feb 08, 2021
Daniel2802:
9.35 hours for a full charge

No fast charging feature? grin

How many places can boast of constant electricity within those hours?

What of people who are on the go most times?

It is well.
An average non commercial car owner covers less than a 100km weekly (i.e house to work, school run and back)
Therefore 1 full charge should be enough for roughly a month's usage.
Anybody that can't hv access to 12hrs of light in a month definitely cannot afford any car!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by bowdas(m): 6:39am On Feb 08, 2021
grin I'm patiently waiting for China version with masive battery 1b MAH capacity

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Springboot: 6:40am On Feb 08, 2021
abbeyfel:
Electricity distribution has greatly improved in some parts of the country. Largely depends on where you live!

Don't mind them. They never want to see anything good, children of destruction

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:40am On Feb 08, 2021
js230003:
If the car can last for 9 hour when full charge for Lagos road, my brother anybody that buy that car should also buy Generator to power the car, if not your name Na sorry
No, the car covers 462km in a 9hr charge!
Thats almost the distance by road from Lagos to Portharcourt.
It's IMPOSSIBLE to cover that range in a day in Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Springboot: 6:42am On Feb 08, 2021
gozie4naira:
i still de wonder where we go de charge this motor because my phone i never still charger am 100% full

Move to a city , you can't be using electric vehicle in your remote village where you can't charge small phone 100%.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by ejyk375: 6:42am On Feb 08, 2021
I LIKE IT.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by zoedew: 6:42am On Feb 08, 2021
Misplaced priority
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Jazzafizzy(f): 6:43am On Feb 08, 2021
Daniel2802:
9.35 hours for a full charge

No fast charging feature? grin

How many places can boast of constant electricity within those hours?

What of people who are on the go most times?

It is well.
Traffic go there oo , make God catch the owner make he come enter Benin ore road or Lagos Benin ore road grin
Him unclothedness go come exposed
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Daniel2802(m): 6:44am On Feb 08, 2021
TroubleMaker47:

An average non commercial car owner covers less than a 100km weekly (i.e house to work, school run and back)
Therefore 1 full charge should be enough for roughly a month's usage.
Anybody that can't hv access to 12hrs of light in a month definitely cannot afford any car!

Ohh thanks for sharing with me. If it takes 100km weekly, then I believe it'll suffice.

Moreover anybody getting it would have access to such supply of electricity, national grid or private.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by slowice(m): 6:44am On Feb 08, 2021
The problem go start when the batteries come dey weakened..... Wahala go be like electric car when e Park you on top third mainland bridge
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by deepwater(f): 6:44am On Feb 08, 2021
GloShare:
Hmmmm, this thread is exposing lots of illiterates.

It takes 9 hours to charge fully.

A full battery can do 400+km

That means just 2 hours charge should be able to do almost 100km.

How many people do 100km daily to work and back home?

This means this can work even when you have poor electricity.

A bare minimum of 2hrs charge at home or at work and you're good to go.

You are the illiterate here.

Half education is a poison.

It makes you feel fly while being so s.s.tu.pid in public.

Power consumption is not calculated straight forward like that.

Before you start calculations on power, please read and understand the concept of residual battery power.

By the way, did u know that 16% of energy is lost from source (wall) to battery during charge?

So how u guaranteed of adequate power in 2 hours

That shit would go off in orile traffic trust me

4 Likes

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by ghettochild4u(m): 6:45am On Feb 08, 2021
js230003:
If the car can last for 9 hour when full charge for Lagos road, my brother anybody that buy that car should also buy Generator to power the car, if not your name Na sorry
That shouldn't be a problem
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by kolaaderin: 6:47am On Feb 08, 2021
People are just ignorant of this tech, its a great car for Lagos traffic. You only use power when you move, little or no energy will be in use when stand still in traffic.
With a single full change , this car would serve 90% of Lagosian successfully. We rarely covers 100km in a single to and fro daily.
I will be getting on soon.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by aribasoye1: 6:49am On Feb 08, 2021
The work on the car is not finished why can't they add solar Inverter to the car. That will be the best, so why u are driving the battery is also charging

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 08, 2021
englishmart:
. A very stupid innovation.

i conkur!
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Kay25(m): 6:54am On Feb 08, 2021
At fully charged it can't reach port Harcourt from lags without having a recharge on the way .so you are still limited cos how many places would have light on the road where you can go charge?we are not yet ripe for this
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by kolaaderin: 6:54am On Feb 08, 2021
js230003:
You missed the point. It I'll take 9hour to charge fully from drained battery. The range is over 400km when fully charged. It means if you have the road without traffic, you can empty the battery in 2 to 3 hours, but you will be over 400km away from you starting point. If you ask me that is good enough. And if you live in cities with heavy traffic Its even better car as you only use little energy on small distance. In standstill traffic, your usage is close to zero.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by armadeo(m): 6:55am On Feb 08, 2021
The light situation will make this difficult though.

Some days no light at all.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by NinjaMetahuman: 6:56am On Feb 08, 2021
kolaaderin:

You missed the point. It I'll take 9hour to charge fully from drained battery. The range is over 400km when fully charged. It means if you have the road without traffic, you can empty the battery in 2 to 3 hours, but you will be over 400km away from you starting point. If you ask me that is good enough. And if you live in cities with heavy traffic Its even better car as you only use little energy on small distance. In standstill traffic, your usage is close to zero.

kolaaderin:

RisenPhoenix1:

The problem is not the distance, it's the time. We may not cover 100km a day, but inside cities like Lagos, covering 25km may take even more time in a Lagos holdup than covering 400km on a free expressway; which is what the manufacturer meant. So if after a 2 hour charge you fall inside a Lagos hold up, sorry is your name. Plus with the fact that most Nigerians are disorganized, I can absolutely forsee many cars running out of charge all over the streets, further compounding the hold up.
you do realize it's electric not petrol car.

If you are not moving, your battery won't be depleting at high rate.

Just like, you won't be using much your battery on phone if you are not using it.

Or your battery powered electric fan.

Google how electric cars work when stationery and see how it's the best car when in traffic.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 08, 2021
jamalchance:
Can generators charge it too ? Cos buying fuel for generator to charge your car doesn’t make sense ooo
with go-slow and bad road....it will shut down your halfway home
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Bestbeelieve: 6:59am On Feb 08, 2021
oga technician weh don o! Have you also taken into calculation the unexpected traffic on the road?you know how many times my half tank emptied itself on lagos traffic?let ya incompetent govt fix electricity or deregulate the sector like telecoms kapish!sunshine ,wind full everywia yaffun no co ordinated policy to tap into that sector. what is the govts green energy goals?? wia d 6 months steady electricity scam minister?? it;s obvious to see who the illiterates are puting the cart before the camel! rabbish!

GloShare:

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by KingMack(m): 7:00am On Feb 08, 2021
This kind car for Nigeria would be like calling your neighbours at home asking abeg Light dey house? cheesy grin grin

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by LOVEGINO(m): 7:00am On Feb 08, 2021
GloShare:

Mr over sabi. If u wan travel from Abj to Los nko?

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Eriokanmi: 7:01am On Feb 08, 2021
Basicend:
How many hoses can get 9 hours electricity in Nigeria?

Nigeria has become a liability to the world due to corrupt practices and we're not even ashamed of running to the west. I remember that aboki who was the accountant at the power ministry, who has several houses in choice areas of abuja and nearly 70 exotic cars in his yard. That's the way they've been running our economy. His case has been carpeted. Fashola would keep making failed promises because the more he looks, the less he sees. Imagine world Bank assisting our power sector with over half a billion dollar...loan or grant...it doesn't even matter. Except they help in kind instead of helping in cash, nothing would change because that money would enter individual's hands via contracts. Berth Nnaji's company and that of his cronies come to mind...the former power minister under pdp
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Christaks(m): 7:01am On Feb 08, 2021
GloShare:

Electricity that is always below 220v
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Successmind(m): 7:02am On Feb 08, 2021
I pray the power supply no go spoil batteries.... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The ₦3.3 Billion Centodieci: The Most Powerful Bugatti Hypercar Yet / How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying / Is This The Most Advanced Car Washing Machine Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.