Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours (34491 Views)

VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition / Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) / Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by vanunu: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2021
If it is not Tesla I am not buying, this car is 100 years behind Tesla, it will not sell.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by payloader(m): 7:26am On Feb 08, 2021
Not very practicable in a country where 80% of the population have less than 4hours of nepa light a day, and they have to use generators most of the time. All this, when they are talking about lowering carbon emissions. It is well.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by lekankolade(m): 7:28am On Feb 08, 2021
99% of commenter here are negative thinker, only one person make a reasonable comment towards the good innovation......if these people read something like “ Nigeria government ban use of electric cars”, they will be the first to make all sort of name calling, saying we are backward... now see this and read the comments, why are we like this ?

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by amazing101x: 7:29am On Feb 08, 2021
its either you don't have a car or you are just a marketer, "you only use power when you move!!!" weldone sir....
kolaaderin:
People are just ignorant of this tech, its a great car for Lagos traffic. You only use power when you move, little or no energy will be in use when stand still in traffic.
With a single full change , this car would serve 90% of Lagosian successfully. We rarely covers 100km in a single to and fro daily.
I will be getting on soon.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by ariesbull: 7:30am On Feb 08, 2021
Basicend:
How many hoses can get 9 hours electricity in Nigeria?

if you stay in bush or hood others don't
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Eillyeillz(m): 7:30am On Feb 08, 2021
superemmy:

Sorry I wanted to ask, is it about the kilometres or the holdup you meet on third mainland bridge

If I had seen your question, would have bothered asking him. Cuz I hate when a person tries to talk down on people they end up looking stupid doing it.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Donpenny(m): 7:31am On Feb 08, 2021
If you have low b3 btw kaduna - Abuja express way. OYO is your case shocked
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by vanunu: 7:33am On Feb 08, 2021
Tesla super chargers can charge any of the models up to 80 percent in 40 minutes.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by harmony75: 7:35am On Feb 08, 2021
hmmm where the light to charge phone not to talk of car for 9hrs..you see the world have left NIGERIA behind!
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Bansempire: 7:35am On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:
We don't have a steady power supply for a 9 hour charge.
hahahahaha female is the future Right
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by tunddy(m): 7:36am On Feb 08, 2021
Wow!!!....wonderful

I sell duplex in Lagos and outside lagos; 4 bed room semi detached duplex,hotels,
Bungalow,blocks of flats, lands ; I also have properties for a long term lease; ware house,hotel;
Properties for letting; 3 bed room flat,2 bed room flat, mini flat, room self for an affordable price.

Check my signature for more information
Call/Whatsapp: 0*8*1*3*2*2*8*5*2*3*3
Note: Remove * from the number
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by kolaaderin: 7:38am On Feb 08, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:

you do realize it's electric not petrol car.

If you are not moving, your battery won't be depleting at high rate.

Just like, you won't be using much your battery on phone if you are not using it.

Or your battery powered electric fan.

Google how electric cars work when stationery and see how it's the best car when in traffic.
I stated it the same way, some ignorant soul is quoting me up there exposing more of his ignorance.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by kolaaderin: 7:40am On Feb 08, 2021
amazing101x:
its either you don't have a car or you are just a marketer, "you only use power when you move!!!" weldone sir....
you are so ignorant and still arguing blindly. Your usage drops significantly when in traffic. Its the best car for Lagos hustle.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Jones4190(m): 7:40am On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:
We don't have a steady power supply for a 9 hour charge.
if the feature is female, it means its very easy to convince her and get her pregnant and distrol her dreams
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Equation89(m): 7:40am On Feb 08, 2021
It doesn't make sense.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by kolaaderin: 7:41am On Feb 08, 2021
amazing101x:
what I have in cars are still in your dreams.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by loganx: 7:45am On Feb 08, 2021
Do you know how many hours an average Lagosian spends in traffic daily? to and fro, that's like 5 hours.
when you drive at 100km/p hr, that's 500km potential drive distance spent sitting in your car in traffic every day.
This is more than the charge/run capacity of this vehicle.
hypothetically, at full charge, this car will drop you dead in Lagos traffic.
if you doubt this, do a test run with folks living at Lekki Ajar axis
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by amazing101x: 7:45am On Feb 08, 2021
continue deceiving yourself, you don't even have a bike, no car owner would say no fuel consumption in holdup.
kolaaderin:
what I have in cars are still in your dreams.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by k2money(m): 7:49am On Feb 08, 2021
Udosky1666:
Shebi this journey reach from Lagos to Anambra state �
Lagos to Anambra is 480 kilometers
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by emmyclassic(m): 7:51am On Feb 08, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

The problem is not the distance, it's the time. We may not cover 100km a day, but inside cities like Lagos, covering 25km may take even more time in a Lagos holdup than covering 400km on a free expressway; which is what the manufacturer meant. So if after a 2 hour charge you fall inside a Lagos hold up, sorry is your name. Plus with the fact that most Nigerians are disorganized, I can absolutely forsee many cars running out of charge all over the streets, further compounding the hold up.
You should know well to turn the engine off in stand still traffic
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 08, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:

you do realize it's electric not petrol car.

If you are not moving, your battery won't be depleting at high rate.

Just like, you won't be using much your battery on phone if you are not using it.

Or your battery powered electric fan.

Google how electric cars work when stationery and see how it's the best car when in traffic.

Ok, thank you. I confess I'm not all that familiar with electric car usage, but wouldn't there still be a baseline consumption rate that would increase with constantly accelerating and decelerating as in a hold-up, as against cruising at a constant velocity when driving on a smooth highway? Also, how does using the air conditioning unit affect battery consumption?
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 08, 2021
emmyclassic:
You should know well to turn the engine off in stand still traffic

How will the A/c work?
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by juman(m): 7:56am On Feb 08, 2021
The car is not applicable widely in nigeria.

Nigeria is senseless country with no light.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by macho44(m): 7:59am On Feb 08, 2021
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by kolaaderin: 8:02am On Feb 08, 2021
amazing101x:
continue deceiving yourself, you don't even have a bike, no car owner would say no fuel consumption in holdup.
Now I know you only missed road to this topic, please go back to romance section where you belongs. We are talking about electric cars here not mechanical engines, its way above your comprehension. What we have in electric cars are more like advance rotating synchronous motor like your rechargeable fan at home. When you stop it for hours do you have your fan battery drained?, it last longer in low speed right and drained faster at high speed but you have more work done in having the breeze. Same with electric cars more work hours at low speed and and more work done in distance at high speed, do you now understand.

Wait do I have to be teaching you simple physics, are you even a graduate at all. Even a secondary school leaver should know this basics. Stop quoting me to avoid further bashing.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by COdeGenesis: 8:10am On Feb 08, 2021
ufotty2001:

Your useless governor took all the light that supposed to be giving to Akwa ibom people and gave it to ewet housing.. how come other part of uyo can not boost of 5hrs light a day

You are a very big fool. Is it the Governor that gives supply or PHED? Electricity is a private sector business, the company can choose who to sell to depending on the viability of their business in that area. If the company considers your area viable they will give u light like ewet housing
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by luvlyoracle(m): 8:13am On Feb 08, 2021
GloShare:
Hmmmm, this thread is exposing lots of illiterates.

It takes 9 hours to charge fully.

A full battery can do 400+km

That means just 2 hours charge should be able to do almost 100km.

How many people do 100km daily to work and back home?

This means this can work even when you have poor electricity.

A bare minimum of 2hrs charge at home or at work and you're good to go.

Thanks bro.... Wouldn't have said it better.
What they should be concerned about is if they would be able to afford it
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by PAWG(m): 8:15am On Feb 08, 2021
Eriokanmi:
How long does it take to charge your phone? It amazes me the way some youths think upside down in this country...you..yes..you, how many times do you have access to electricity in your home, which would allow you charge your car up to 9 hours at least? That could only take you to akure or Benin from lagos. I'm sure you charge your phone most times with either gen, car charger or in the office in case you work. You cannot compare your phone's battery with that of a car . The onus is on government to do the needful ahead of time instead of stealing. In a few years to come, no car would run on petrol.

At the bolded, you’re funny and dead wrong. Let’s assume that I charge my phone at work or with gen, what’s wrong with charging the car at work? Mind you government isn’t banning fossil fuel powered cars so I don’t get why you’re complaining. I’m at a loss.

Even if Lamborghini came to open an assembly in Nigeria, the likes of you would still find ways to complain, not like you’ll even buy the car sef.

I see you’re now wiser than the company that came to invest in Nigeria. If they don’t push and sell units it’s their loss not yours, mind you they’ll be employing local content too. You think the we should remain stagnated because Nigeria hasn’t solved her power generating issues, no way!

I get 20+ hours daily since you asked.

In plain terms, the car isn’t meant for everyone. That’s the hard pill
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by victorazy(m): 8:16am On Feb 08, 2021
Basicend:
How many hoses can get 9 hours electricity in Nigeria?

I wonder o!

9hours ?
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by K4daniel: 8:17am On Feb 08, 2021
Na inside Lagos traffic battery go finish...cannot work in Nigeria.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by onyiloyi(m): 8:17am On Feb 08, 2021
If we use prepaid meter to charge it, won't it consume more than 10k for 9:35?
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by princeadex4us(m): 8:18am On Feb 08, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Auto Dealers Lost Cars Worth N500m To Lagos Pipeline Fire (photos) / How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying / The ₦3.3 Billion Centodieci: The Most Powerful Bugatti Hypercar Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.