Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess (29804 Views)

Toyin Abraham To Sue Lizzy Anjorin For N500 Million: 'Apologize In 24 Hours Or' / Nigerians React to Ruggedman Attack In London / Uriel Oputa's Response To Ruggedman's Invitation To An Event Via Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by ebukajay184: 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
''We Need To Stop Attributing Every Woman’s Success To Her Sexual Prowess With Men''- Toyin Abraham Reacts To Ruggedman's Post About Nollywood Actors And Actresses

Actress, Toyin Abraham Ajeyemi, has reacted to the post shared on Twitter by singer, Ruggedman, in which he asked why female actors were buying cars and houses, unlike their male counterparts, IgbereTV reports.

Ruggedman had tweeted;

''My male actors in nollywood whats going on? Its just the females that are buying cars and building houses left and right. I wanted to come into nollywood but at this rate, I am not coming again''
https://twitter.com/RuggedyBaba/status/1357764297905037316?s=20

Reacting via her Instagram page, Toyin said she understands what Ruggedman was trying to say and finds it saddening that many people seized the opportunity to say derogatory words against female actors.

The award-winning actress said she knows a lot of women who charge in millions in the film industry and that she is one of them. She stressed that people need to stop attributing the successes of women in whatever industry to her sexual prowess with men.

Her post reads;

“I saw the social media post made by respected rapper, Ruggedman about women making more money and doing well better than men.
I read between the lines and saw what Ruggedman implied. It is a little bit sad that many people on social media leeched on it with many derogatory comments about women especially those of us in Nollywood.
It is important that I put this out there that many women make money and make good money legitimately. I know actresses who charge 2 million, 3 million and 5 million in this Nollywood. I get paid in millions of naira for gigs. As a a matter of fact, I just paid for a very good car worth millions of Naira and at the same time I know a lot of men in Nollywood who are doing extra ordinarily well and paid in millions. The fact that most of these men choose not to make noise on social media do not in any way mean that they are second class citizens in this industry.
We need to stop attributing every woman’s success to her sexual prowess with men, women deserve the success they have as much as men without attributing it to their sexuality. Nollywood women like Bimbo Ademoye, Nancy Isime, Kehinde Bankole, Inidima Okojie , Sharon Ooja, Bisola Aiyeola, are getting paid in millions. Even script writers that are not in the limelight are getting paid in millions. It is disparaging to put the successes of these women within the box of their sexuality. A lot of women are doing great things legitimately. I am one of them and so also are many other women in other industries not just the entertainment industry.
A woman is more than the sum total of her sexuality.”

Toyin Abraham Ajeyemi."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLB7ACqszsi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

20 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by EmptyGarden(m): 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
Sorry no vex... But, which other prowess Nigerian actresses get?

209 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Omihanifa: 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
Wetin this one dey talk undecided

Everyone knows majority of the actresses in Nollywood are big time prostitutes including this Toyin Abraham
No be olosho work she go do when she Jam Seun egbebe (iPhone thief) undecided

How much are they earning from their low budget movies that they will be launching new houses and cars almost on a weekly basis

As for that Destiny etiko, I think she's just been a foolish girl for coming online to start swearing and cursing people. Everyone knows she can't afford that particular model of car even if she acts tons of those her village movies for the next 5years undecided

How many Nollywood actresses both married and single can come out Boldly to say that they are not doing runs ( prostitution) undecided

If Nollywood was truly lucrative, will somebody like Femi Ogedengbe migrate abroad and be doing security guard?

248 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by HopeVictor(m): 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2021
Why them no succeed before them become actress if no be men especially our politicians dey sponsor.. Nollywood is just a cover up..they are just there to showcase their body for men to see and start spending..

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by EmeraldKing7(m): 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2021
It's a man world I nor go lie

Some men are extremely sensitive or jealous when they see women succeeding ..

Even if the women are sleeping around, what law are they breaking?
Is not the same men that are still sleeping around with them undecided

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
Toyin my sister

2 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by landmark86: 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2021
Who are they paying them millions per movie?
Many of Nollywood movies na rubbish
Especially the yoruba movies dat u already no the end from the beginning through the background musik.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by PureMe01: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Toyin my sister
she no know u

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by sofeo(m): 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ok.
Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by nonut: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
Clitocurrency

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Chamillionaire(m): 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Teaser4(m): 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
Weyeh dey disguise

13 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Sofistcatdmoron: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
Vagina is mightier than penis

Ask ancient Greek philosophers

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Onyi22(f): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
I blame people that brings their achievement to social media

8 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by nonny1212: 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
Nawa oh. I see no where rugged man accused women of using sexual prowess abi powers. And for toyin to write those long epistles shows that it is true, whether she likes it or not.

Pusssy pays women faster and bigger. Deep niggers knows that. Nollywood is just a medium them girls advertise their stuffz for higher bidders. It's a game of higher bidders.

Tho there are some hard working women with true success but .... 75%, na pusssy work o.

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Hugomexis(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
Audio millions cheesy

is this not the same Toyin Abraham that stole a baby's picture on the net and passed it off as hers

If she can steal a baby's picture then how do we tell she's not a hoe? cheesy

stop implying what Ruggedman did not say.He only made a valid statement.

This is getting too much.Every olosho runs girl will claim to be a nollywood actress.You are an olosho. Own it with your chest and stop hiding under 'nollywood actress'.

Nobody is saying women shouldn't buy cars or enjoy the rewards of their labour.

What we are asking is where average Asabawood actresses like Destiny Etiko that rarely feature in top rated movies get the money to buy expensive automobiles.

If it were Mercy Johnson,Chioma Akpotha,Rita Dominic,Omotola or Genevieve that bought the car,no one will question them because they've been in the game for long.

Enough is enough

we on nairaland say no to oloshos buying motor and claiming it's proceed from their nollywood careers.

Tomorrow,Roman goddess will buy motor and say it's from nollywood acting.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by dammywapes(m): 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
Oh so toyin could come out and talk about this? I still remember your relationship with seun egbegbe the iPhone crooner. What do i know.

22 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by folu4real(f): 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
Chamillionaire:
NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Including entire female in your family

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Randy100: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
We know you are lying grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by blinking001(m): 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
Who is toyin Abraham?
Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Duridadi: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
grin.... Na there we dey insert our ATM grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
Everybody plus script writers in nollywood are paid in millions except the male actors grin grin

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Upton: 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
Did he? Or is it guilty conscience? When I first saw ruggedman's post, I interpreted it that he's saying women are better paid/more successful in the Nollywood industry. Now I am interpreting it a different way after reading Toyin's post.

6 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by easyfem(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
rugged man like to spoil market ...... na so e spoil market for idriss back then

25 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Lifeisrisk(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
Pls someone should help me with a loan of 10k I promised to payback with interest by ending of this month. I'm stranded in Osun state now and I need to go back to east today
I tried two loan app already but both are not responding

I need help urgently,I don't have where to sleep tonight

PS: I won't be asking for help here if I can help myself. I've tried every means to no avail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by lkillbrokehoes: 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
But ruggedy Baba is right, 98% of Nollywood actress are into runs, only few of them are independent, they don't sleep with rich men for money

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by ceaser: 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
Toyin Abraham's husby pack dough appreciably. As such her financial success is still attributable to her husband's wealth that rubbed off on her.

It eventually boils down to the same popular opinion. The female gender cum gen-italia is the magic, the money spinner.

Some people like to call it "clito-currency"

I hope the FG don't wake up tomorrow to ban clito-currency like they did to cryptocurrency cos they aren't able to loot it like they loot our resources and palliatives.

And why the heck is NL changing gen-italia to "instruments"? The programmers should know better that that word is not an offensive language by any stretch. It's the scientific name and not the vulgar/street connotation of the female s£xual and reproductive organ.

It's just like calling the male organ the scientific name known as phallus. It does not sound vulgar.

8 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Tommmmybigd(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
no be everything I supposed chook mouth, nonsense,
Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by Splendorgirl633(f): 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
She's right, we still have ladies that wouldn't sell themselves for material things and they are doing exceedingly well. Nigerians and their poverty mentality tufiawa

3 Likes

Re: Toyin Abraham To Ruggedman: Stop Attributing Women's Success To Sexual Prowess by jrupa(m): 4:53pm On Feb 08, 2021
The bad lifestyle on a larger percentage has rubbed the good ones of their good names.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mercy Eke Acquires A Brand New Range Rover (Video) / Ufuoma Ejenobor Mcdermott Children Looking Adorable In Native Outfits / Davido Disburses N237m To 424 Orphanages Across Nigeria Through His Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.