Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966626 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
Eggcelent:
bigiyaro. It is not too late. I'll advice you start giving them NOW. Meanwhile, I can't tell you which vitamins/antibiotics to use as what is readily available where I'm may not be so easily accessible where you are. Besides, the history of the hatchery the birds are from also influence what you start them on. However, as a pointer, you may consider the following; vitalyte and/or aminovet (vitamins); flonicol, anicillin and/or anitylodox (antibiotics). Success.
my oga tanx alot for help,i was able to get vitalyte i've given d chicks, u need to see how they came alive n attacked every bit of feed in sight bt i culdnt get d atibiotics,am goin search for it tomorrow. Tanxz again.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kengeorge: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
tunezvic:
mr man, you dont have to scope me to get the formula from me. just tell me you want my formula.

So I am scoping you ba?, its funny how people like you would seek help from a forum like this with no intention of giving anything back, your response goes to show how naive and selfish you are, what in God's name do I need your formula for?, By God's Grace I don't only mill my feed I own my mill. you have a formula that you don't know the content and you think its a big deal to have a formula. I can give you many for free.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 1:02am On Mar 14, 2015
Pls note,when you start photostimulation,it has to be continous and constant. Else, there would be sharp post peak production decline,which may not be recoverable.
FarmTech:

Do you mean Amin'total? One way to increase egg production is by giving them extra light at night. Switch on at 6pm and off at 10pm. But increase it gradually.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 1:11am On Mar 14, 2015
Bigiyaro, next time you get DOCs from the hatchery or a middleman ask for their vaccination and feeding guide. It's your right.
bigiyaro:
pls gurus in da house, i jst brought home abt 100 broiler docs, i made a brooding house n even warmed it up before put them inside,i gave them grand cereal broiler starter, clean water n the temprature is ok. However,d docs r not eating actively, i want to ask if this is normal n at wat age can i start giving them vitamins? They r 2 days old today 13-3-15. Also wen do i give them thier first vaccine n which one. Thanks for ur help.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grailzzzz: 2:05am On Mar 14, 2015
@fnk, u made mentioned of virushield from one of your post far back 2012, am new on this thread and my expecting few layers on Monday morning. Kindly sent the info to me farindesam@gmail.com. God bless the guru in the oux.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 4:48am On Mar 14, 2015
tabontabon:
Bigiyaro, next time you get DOCs from the hatchery or a middleman ask for their vaccination and feeding guide. It's your right.
ok sir! I got the d.o.cs frm zartec in jos, u cnt imagin d attendant tellin me to consult a vet wen i asked for d vaccination schedule, nx tym i will insist. Thanks for d info.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Zhul001(m): 6:54am On Mar 14, 2015
My sincere advice to every novice in poultry farming, including you OP is to sale your layersbirds at 19weeks and go search for serious materials on poultry farming, not just at that make an existing poultry farmer your mentor.
i have worked with some of the best poultry expatriates (indians) and for the past 4years i have jacked every online material on poultry. yet i have not setup my farm. and even when am ready, i will start with 500birds for safety purpose. that is howcareful you should be when starting a poultry farm.peace and goodluck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 14, 2015
kelvin96, I couldnt get another vet as planned yesterday, d gud news is no bird is dead, bad news is 6had paralysed leg(yesterday), I gave dem multivitamin tro out d day nd by now they are all walking well. got to farm dia morning again, no mortality but 2paralysed birds. and dia production hasn't reduced. increasing gradually. hope to get a vet today to b sure of wat to do. meanwhile, I couldnt get gubbocine cos I tried to get it yesterday, is d drug dat scarce?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 14, 2015
grailzzzz:
@fnk, u made mentioned of virushield from one of your post far back 2012, am new on this thread and my expecting few layers on Monday morning. Kindly sent the info to me farindesam@gmail.com. God bless the guru in the oux.

grin grin grin

complete reading the thread, u will get more info on virushield.
It is not ready for Africa.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 9:58am On Mar 14, 2015
curiousme:
@aAk1 Measurement can be an issue sometime but u must just master how d calculation is done. Now what ever d measurement u have y must convert to centimeter. i.e ft» m» cm. less assume we have a room measuring 30ft by 60ft we convert both to meter by dividing each by 3 (3ft=1m) then multiply by 100 that takes d result to cetimeters. ok Now multiply both result and divide by 2025 Sqcm. e. g 30/3=10m*100=1000cm while 60/3=20m*100=2000cm
1000*2000/2025= 987 birds for dat space.

Good.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pharmmylovey: 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
Please house, I need your candid opinion and guidance on this business I intend going into. I have been a farmer for like 5years now. I majorly did egg during this period, occaionally broilers and cockerels.Now I want to go into boilers in large quantity since I have facility to do so. I need consistent market as I want to be selling every month. I need reliable buyers' contact and the hatchery that have best D.O.C. Every advice is welcome. Thanks for your help.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 2:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
@tunezvic i dont understand why u are so pissed about dis formula....we are all here to share ideas and to help ourselves... nobody is perfect ....we are all learning....so d issue of someone scoping ur formula is uncalled for....it should'nt ve come up. someone like kengeorge is a guru in terms of feed formulation . so for u saying wat u said about him in regards d formula was harsh. meanwhile i got ur mail and i just replied u .. pls endeavour to always add toxin binders to ur feed formulation if u r still using this formula......goodluck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
@justified19
Thank God the mortality has stopped. did u use that neoceryl for them?
when last did u give dem lasota? and about gumboccine , it is not
scarce in benin.....were is ur location?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
@tunezviz i just tout u should know. broiler starter mash should ve 3000k cals/kg as ME and 22-24% as CP While chick starter mash has 2650k cals/kg as ME and 20% as CP
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
pharmmylovey:
Please house, I need your candid opinion and guidance on this business I intend going into. I have been a farmer for like 5years now. I majorly did egg during this period, occaionally broilers and cockerels.Now I want to go into boilers in large quantity since I have facility to do so. I need consistent market as I want to be selling every month. I need reliable buyers' contact and the hatchery that have best D.O.C. Every advice is welcome. Thanks for your help.

I have capacity of culling up to 10,000 broilers per month, do not worry about the market, where is your farm located?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
@doctormalik
at wat price are u buying?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by curiousme(m): 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
@aAk1 MESUREMENT for DOC is DIFFERENT Now, like i said b4 use (2025 sqcm) for ADULT BIRD WHile U use (225 sqcm) for DOC i.e for a space of 30ft by 60ft, d room/pen will house 1000*2000/225 sqcm =8888.8888 DOC Birds for just MaX of 3 weeks.
Mind u Broilar has a different CALCULATION. both calculation is for pullet & corkrel. hope u understand.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pharmmylovey: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
doctormalik:
I have capacity of culling up to 10,000 broilers per month, do not worry about the market, where is your farm located?
My farm is at Abeokuta. I am currently planning of stocking 2000 birds for a start but I target 10000 birds before the last quarter of the year. My email is fngfarms@yahoo.comfor further discussion. Thanks so much.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
bigiyaro. As I noted earlier, you shouldn't limit yourself to the antibiotics I mentioned cos, as also noted, what's available in some part of the country may not be so in other parts. Meanwhile, you would be the second person to say Zartech refused giving the brooding/vaccination schedule. Why is the company like that?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tunezvic(m): 5:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
kelvin96:
@tunezvic i dont understand why u are so pissed about dis formula....we are all here to share ideas and to help ourselves... nobody is perfect ....we are all learning....so d issue of someone scoping ur formula is uncalled for....it should'nt ve come up. someone like kengeorge is a guru in terms of feed formulation . so for u saying wat u said about him in regards d formula was harsh. meanwhile i got ur mail and i just replied u .. pls endeavour to always add toxin binders to ur feed formulation if u r still using this formula......goodluck
he took the issue too serious, I was actually joking.. formula is no big deal . there are lot of formula lying around. so he shouldn't take the mater to the heart. my apologises if he his offended in anyway.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tunezvic(m): 5:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
kelvin96:
@tunezviz i just tout u should know. broiler starter mash should ve 3000k cals/kg as ME and 22-24% as CP While chick starter mash has 2650k cals/kg as ME and 20% as CP
the cp and me of the formula I was using before was according to your specification but the new farm I bought the chicks requested I use their formula. reason that the formula is suitable for their birds. I use to take my feed to Ibadan for cup and me but have being really bussy this days. thank you very much you've really been helpful.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
kelvin96:
@justified19
Thank God the mortality has stopped. did u use that neoceryl for them?
when last did u give dem lasota? and about gumboccine , it is not
scarce in benin.....were is ur location?
I used neoceryl for dem d first tym u advised me to, dat was last week..I couldnt get d gubbocine den(ibadan is ma location)..nd for d lasota, its been 8weeks ago, I was supposed to use it 10th of dis month bt couldnt due to d mortality/sickness.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by condi1704(m): 8:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
doctormalik:
Drmalik, can u buy from Ibadan. what is ur price range per kg and what should be the minimum number of birds u can take. Also what is the payment modality. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
tabontabon:
Pls note,when you start photostimulation,it has to be continous and constant. Else, there would be sharp post peak production decline,which may not be recoverable.
True talk. He should also start it when at least 80% of the birds have attain 1.5kg.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
tunezvic:
mr man, you dont have to scope me to get the formula from me. just tell me you want my formula.
If all the gurus and experienced farmers in the house have been this stingy with information, this thread won't get to this page and many of us would not have benefited as we have been. God bless the experienced who don't care to let out the secret of their success.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
Eggcelent:
bigiyaro. As I noted earlier, you shouldn't limit yourself to the antibiotics I mentioned cos, as also noted, what's available in some part of the country may not be so in other parts. Meanwhile, you would be the second person to say Zartech refused giving the brooding/vaccination schedule. Why is the company like that?
thanks boss! I gave them d antibiotic n vitmns, they seem fyn for now,feedin well. D d.o.cs r due for first vaccine on thursday. Do i continue givin dem both antbtic n vitmn till d vaccacinaztion day or withdraw 3 days before d thursday? Thanks alot.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
pharmmylovey:

You can also make a list of fast food outlets and hotels in your area and make a deal with them.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
370 per kg
kelvin96:
@doctormalik
at wat price are u buying?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
condi1704:
Drmalik, can u buy from Ibadan. what is ur price range per kg and what should be the minimum number of birds u can take. Also what is the payment modality. Thanks.
370 per kg. I can pick minimum of 1000. I can buy from Ibadan very well.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tunezvic(m): 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
samuel25:

If all the gurus and experienced farmers in the house have been this stingy with information, this thread won't get to this page and many of us would not have benefited as we have been. God bless the experienced who don't care to let out the secret of their success.
formula is no big deal, there a lot of formula around.. am not stingy, I was only joking .nothing more..

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.