Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965174 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kevin96(m): 7:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
endy247:
Thanx @eggcelent, i appreciate. will do as u said.

Pls how do you apply this concimectin?
Are your birds on litters?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Judithume(f): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
I'm still waiting for the egg song. @eggcellent but generally they are OK. Must their waffles n crown be big money very bright red before they start laying? I have a friend with possible mareks disease in her farm. Her birds are 13weeks. Is there cure for it.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
please what is the cost of Vital feed.those in abuja can give me price too.

my birds have started laying and they are on topfeed growers but i want to change to vital for layers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Judithume(f): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
I managed to upload these pictures of my pullets

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Judithume(f): 8:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
So with mistakenly upload my picture pls ignore it
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 10:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
kevin96:

Pls how do you apply this concimectin?
Are your birds on litters?
I used 40 littres of water to miss 100ml, and distributed it to d birds. they're on deep litters.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 12:12am On Jun 16, 2015
Endy,what is the size of your pen in feet?do you have unusual mortality?hope the birds have access to water throughout the day?3rd day after giving them the ivermectin clean out the sawdust and spread new one ,note that you are to repeat the ivermectin 2wks after.ensure you give them multivitamin regularly.
endy247:
I used 40 littres of water to miss 100ml, and distributed it to d birds. they're on deep litters.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 12:31am On Jun 16, 2015
Judith & endy,if possible spend time observing the birds in the morning when they are eating and late in the evening when they are sleeping,look out for watery eyes,inactive/dull birds,continuos sneezing/wheezing,coughing and other anomalies.this could help detect diseases.
Judithume:
endy247:
Judithume:
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 12:39am On Jun 16, 2015
Some birds start showing signs btw 20-24wks.in the absence of disease & under feeding just be patient,you will hear diff egg lyrics.
Judithume:
I'm still waiting for the egg song. @eggcellent but generally they are OK. Must their waffles n crown be big money very bright red before they start laying? I have a friend with possible mareks disease in her farm. Her birds are 13weeks. Is there cure for it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 12:50am On Jun 16, 2015
Endy can this colleague of yours be trusted?what is the performance of his/her birds?
endy247:
They don't finish their feed, a colleague mills d feed 4 me he mills his own too. average weight is 1.5kg.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tuk2ato(m): 2:18am On Jun 16, 2015
Please house, what's the dimensions of poultry pen that can raise 3000 day old chicks to 8 weeks?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:44am On Jun 16, 2015
judithume. Your birds look OK for their age. Just be patient. FarmTech. Will you like to say something on endy247 question on Marek's?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 6:57am On Jun 16, 2015
Eggcelent:
judithume. Your birds look OK for their age. Just be patient. FarmTech. Will you like to say something on endy247 question on Marek's?

the birds look good at their age. the lice issue must have affected the birds badly. any disturbance to pullets will definitely show in their performance.

Judithume, i know its painful but be calm they will lay with time.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Judithume(f): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2015
Thanks for your advice @eggcellent @jamp@kevin.u guys make me have confidence in what I'm doing. May God bless you all.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 10:39am On Jun 16, 2015
Judithume:

okay how many birds are they? with my understanding, concimectin is administereed by using the average weight of your birds to multiply the total number of birds and then divide by 25, Whatever you get represents the number of ml of concimectin. Then whatever quantity of water they take daily should be divided into four part, and one part should be used for the mixing of the concimectin . You serve them plain water after the have finished the solution. You repeat same on the second day and if you can get cyperforce use it to spray the whole pen especially the litters before packing them out. Then repeat after 14 days.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2015
Judithume:
For Mereks. pls use pure IODINE at 1:1. You can combine it with any good antibiotics and
multivitamin.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Judithume(f): 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
Pls David explain what u mean by 1.1 for applications for iodine. So I can understand please

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kevin96(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
Judithume:
Pls David explain what u mean by 1.1 for applications for iodine. So I can understand please

I think he means 1ml of iodine to 1litre of water

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
endy247:
Thanx @eggcelent, i appreciate. will do as u said.
I'll like to know where your friend mill the feed.
How is your friend's birds performing? Are you sure it's not because of feed quality?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
Eggcelent:
Only a lab test can give a more accurate answer whether it is mereks or not, and they'll also recommend treatment. If you have big number of birds, find a lab near by or a good vet. Though I think some people don't have access to labs due to distance, in that case vets will help.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
Farmers in d house BEWARE!

My birds are currently going through a hard time now. After the routine DEWORMING exercise done 5days ago production has been on the decline... about 40% drop in production now.

Pls has anyone experienced this before and what is the way out?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
AkayTopsy. That's serious. Which medication did you use for the deworming? I dewormed/deloused my birds about 2 weeks ago & repeated same over the weekend. Production has been on the increase. Are you sure nothing else is amiss?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Eggcelent:
AkayTopsy. That's serious. Which medication did you use for the deworming? I dewormed/deloused my birds about 2 weeks ago & repeated same over the weekend. Production has been on the increase. Are you sure nothing else is amiss?

Well I used WormCare from Sam...Ltd. To the best of my knowledge everything was in order safe for the posibility of an overdose of the product. The direction on the container reads 100ml to 50birds so I dropped 1ltr into 150ltr of drinking water in the morning and same in the evening (the 952birds consume about 270-300ltr of water per day).

The Vet Dr told me that WarmCare has 'Immunostimulant' that one can continue to drop it into the bird's drinking water to boost their immune. so I got an extra bottle of 1ltr, but unfortunately before I got to the pen d next morning after day1treatment, my staff has already dropped the 1tr into day2 150ltr of drinking water.

So practically that is the only way I think We must have gone wrong. The birds are looking ok, but their feed consumption reduced slightly. they no longer empty the feed pan.

Any remedy pls?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 6:59am On Jun 17, 2015
Fellow farmers in the house.

We've commence production of full-fat-soya(FFS).

Production of soya meal/cake and groundnut cake (GNC) will also commence in less than 2months God's willing.

Interested buyers can contact us for our products.

Factory
Location is Kaduna.

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 9:47am On Jun 17, 2015
AkayTopsy. Hmmm. Now I understand. As to the remedy, I wouldn't know. However, I've read of some farmers giving iodine (poldine) to birds suffering from overdose of vaccine & antibiotics to flush off the excess from their system. I wouldn't know if same will work in this case due to differences in mode of administration/transmission. You may wish to see what others on this forum will say.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 17, 2015
Please I have 500 old layers to sell. Brown, still in good egg laying conditions. Reasonable price please call 08097685270.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 11:53am On Jun 17, 2015
Eggcelent:
AkayTopsy. Hmmm. Now I understand. As to the remedy, I wouldn't know. However, I've read of some farmers giving iodine (poldine) to birds suffering from overdose of vaccine & antibiotics to flush off the excess from their system. I wouldn't know if same will work in this case due to differences in mode of administration/transmission. You may wish to see what others on this forum will say.

tnx bro I appreciate ur concern.

pls let us have input from others. I'm loosing income oooo.
Cc: Jamp farmtech davidzfarm grownaira kelvin96 @everybody pls say something
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 11:53am On Jun 17, 2015
Eggcelent:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
AkayTopsy:

I just discussed this issue with my vet doc, and he said plenty of vitamins should be given to them. He said the excess dewormer in their system has weaken them alot , so they need to be strenghten , He said the ideal of giving them iodine like my boss(eggcelent) has sugessted is not a bad ideal, but you have to give it to them on ratio 1:3 for just one day,and the vitamins should come in the next day. [b]Please all other farmers in the house should contribute to this ....this guy needs help..

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
kelvin96:

I just discussed this issue with my vet doc, and he said plenty of vitamins should be given to them. He said the excess dewormer in their system has weaken them alot , so they need to be strenghten , He said the ideal of giving them iodine like my boss(eggcelent) has sugessted is not a bad ideal, but you have to give it to them on ratio 1:3 for just one day,and the vitamins should come in the next day. [b]Please all other farmers in the house should contribute to this ....this guy needs help..

tnx kelvin96. Ive started with the vitamins. I have also invited anoda vet dr to come and observe the birds for any other clinical issue. I will also discus the ' iodine theraphy' as suggested by Eggcellent with him.

Meanwhile pls we need more opinion from other experience farmers in the forum pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.