Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964946 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mbuotidemjames: 7:42am On Mar 05, 2016
Eggcelent:
mbuotidemjames. The reality of nutritional values of feeds is almost always different from what the manufactures claim especially in a country lacking control as ours. Besides, manufactures get their raw materials from different sources & at different prices, hence differences in cost of production/price. Also relevant is the knowledge that there are different formulas for producing similar feeds. My advise will be that you go for the feed which gives you the best result. Success. tunezvic. If you're sure you birds are otherwise in good health & the ventilation, as well as quality/quantity of feed is ok, I'll suggest you give stresoak + multivitamin with vitamin K to counter the heat stress. Success

Thanx man.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Kataw(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2016
Great farmers in d aos pls help check dis cage (pix) if it is gud for layers n i was told dat it can accomodate 100 birds. Lukin 4ward for ur response....... Tanx

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
mbuotidemjames:
I noticed that the protein content in Hybrid feeds are more than that of Amobyn and Top feeds.......but why is top feed still costlier than hybrid when it is the protein that the chicks need to grow?
Can anyone here advise me to use Hybrid
A lot of factors is involve. They may have different production cost. Protein quality might differ and so on. It's now left for u to test the 2 feed on say, 6 birds each and find out which one is better. I'm currently doing a similar experiment with my feed and top feed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 8:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
Kataw:
Great farmers in d aos pls help check dis cage (pix) if it is gud for layers n i was told dat it can accomodate 100 birds. Lukin 4ward for ur response....... Tanx
That can't contain 100 birds. Management will also be cumbersome.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by viktor556(m): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2016
Kataw:
How will you manage the birds droppings?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by oluwalogo(m): 2:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hope you are enjoying your weekend?

As you prepare for this new week, may you be favoured in your endeavours.
Do you know that the best orientation for your poultry house is EAST-WEST?
It help reduce heat stress on your livestock.

For more information
see greenpazture.com

GET INFORMATION, that is what you need to succeed.

GRACED WEEK AHEAD

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Kataw(m): 5:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
viktor556:
How will you manage the birds droppings?
There is a plate been placed under each sect @viktor556
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Kataw(m): 5:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
FarmTech:
.. That can't contain 100 birds. Management will also be cumbersome.
Kk tanx my boss
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yazz09(m): 11:49am On Mar 07, 2016
Please oooo, any farmer in the house that has eggs to sell. hook me up. I am in port Harcourt and in need of large quantity of eggs on a weekly bases. send me an email with your delivery price to franklinejeh@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by oluwalogo(m): 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
My story;

As a primary school teacher, I felt I was underpaid regardless of my selfless services therefore needed more cash as my needs increased daily. At a point in my life, the money I was borrowing from Friends and Family to meet my daily needs became more than my income, then I realized I needed other sources of income.

SEE HOW I OVERCAME POVERTY

http://greenpazture.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
house what is the accurate dosage for administration of kepromec

Dosage and administration
For oral administration.
Poultry : 1 ml per 5 litres of drinking water (1 ml per 15 birds or 0.25 - 0.32 mg per kg bodyweight).
Cattle, sheep, goats : 0.2 ml per 10 kg bodyweight.
For control of ectoparasites (e.g. lice, mites etc.) repeat treatment the following day.
Medicated water should be used within 24 hours.

Additional dosage instructions for poultry:
1. Multiply the average weight of the birds to be treated with the number of birds.
2. Divide this total weight by 25 for the quantity (ml) of Kepromec Oral to be administered.
3. Administer this quantity of Kepromec Oral in 1/4th of the daily water consumption of the flock to be treated.
4. Withdraw normal fresh water 1 hour before administration.
5. Return to normal fresh water after complete consumption of the medicated water.

Withdrawal period
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
Trueigbo:
house what is the accurate dosage for administration of kepromec

Dosage and administration
For oral administration.
Poultry : 1 ml per 5 litres of drinking water (1 ml per 15 birds or 0.25 - 0.32 mg per kg bodyweight).
Cattle, sheep, goats : 0.2 ml per 10 kg bodyweight.
For control of ectoparasites (e.g. lice, mites etc.) repeat treatment the following day.
Medicated water should be used within 24 hours.

Additional dosage instructions for poultry:
1. Multiply the average weight of the birds to be treated with the number of birds.
2. Divide this total weight by 25 for the quantity (ml) of Kepromec Oral to be administered.
3. Administer this quantity of Kepromec Oral in 1/4th of the daily water consumption of the flock to be treated.
4. Withdraw normal fresh water 1 hour before administration.
5. Return to normal fresh water after complete consumption of the medicated water.

Withdrawal period
180-200ml/ 1000 birds. Why not try Promectine?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by zenzenheybu: 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2016
Pls where can I get mixing machine for my feed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2016
zenzenheybu:
Pls where can I get mixing machine for my feed
WHR is ur location I av.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Obcglobal(m): 10:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
oluwalogo:
Do you know poultry business can make up to 200% profit?
Do you know Poultry business can be so easy?

All you need is right information

See how i make more money than my boss through small poultry business.nomatter the information you can disseminate about poultry, your information is total lie, am 100% poultry farmer so am talking from experience. Thanks my brother
view http://greenpazture.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GreatManBee: 10:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
mykel25:
I av over 15 yrs experience in poultry farming nd my dad is an agro-allied investor, will be willing 2 help, u can call 0806733**** number removed cuz I got tired of calls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 2:33am On Mar 08, 2016
look like we are going to have early rain In Abuja
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 4:58am On Mar 08, 2016
davidzfarm18:
look like we are going to have early rain In Abuja
I don't think so.The rains will definitely recede.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 8:17am On Mar 08, 2016
twoMcfemad:

180-200ml/ 1000 birds. Why not try Promectine?

they have lice too. does promectine serve same purpose. is the dosage not too much for them? will it have any effect on production
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Boskaii: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2016
Good day house, please i want to start the construction of my pen the proposed size is 25ft by 158ft with 2rows. I intend to use poles but not sure of the size of pole to use, also i want it to be 10ft high by the sides so what additional length will you advise i add to the 10ft because of the foundation, finally, how many doors will you advise i include in the plan. House, Please feel free to criticizes and advise on my plans. Any salient additional advise is also welcome. Thank you all.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
Trueigbo:

they have lice too. does promectine serve same purpose. is the dosage not too much for them? will it have any effect on production
Kepromec, Concimectine, Avertin and Promectine are all Ivermectin based products. Tge dosage i gave is a laboratory dosage Ive veen using for the past few years and its been ofbenefits. This dosage is Kepromec, Concimectine and Avetin. Not for Oromectine,please. Thanks!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Oyedoisrael(m): 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
[color=#006600][/color] Greetings to the feeders of the nation, pls am making arrangement on starting Off a poultry business of a 1000 boilers nd layers in benin. please i need ur help in answering some of my question as I have little
or no experience on chicken rearing nor poultry business. Am in d process of securing a land 100/100 here in benin

1) what form of housing would be favourable to d birds and how much would it cost.
2) does one need to register with any group or get a license to start the business.
3) how does one provide heat to the birds in an area with no electric supply.
4) how does one prevent snakes and other harmfull creature to the birds.
5) what symptoms does one look for to know If they are sick and what drug can administer.
This are d few for now nd Thanks for your Concern.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by CyreB: 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
Oyedoisrael:
[color=#006600][/color] Greetings to the feeders of the nation, pls am making arrangement on starting Off a poultry business of a 1000 boilers nd layers in benin. please i need ur help in answering some of my question as I have little
or no experience on chicken rearing nor poultry business. Am in d process of securing a land 100/100 here in benin

1) what form of housing would be favourable to d birds and how much would it cost.
2) does one need to register with any group or get a license to start the business.
5) what symptoms does one look for to know If they are sick and what drug can administer.

I think it will help you a lot if you can go back to the beginning of this thread and read from page to page.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2016
Oyedoisrael:

it will be okay if u go to a nearby farm and learn for a month
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mbuotidemjames: 4:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
Helo great farmers...
Please I want to ask....anybody dat has reared Amo birds before?
How long does it take to mature?
How do they look?
Because this is my first tike of rearing them and its four(4) weeks now but they look like two weeks and three weeks olds birds....and some look stunted while hairs have grown all over them. I used to put Agrited before and by 4 weeks....they will grow fat and inviting.
Is it normal or is it from the type of feed im using(hybrid)?
Please advice urgently on what I must do to make them grow well....please help me.....i have uploaded their pictures too.

Note: its smaller than how its appearing on the picture.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yusuff214: 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
urgent pls

my layers are up to 175 in number and are they are laying more than 4crates before but fall to 2crates, I av administered doxygen this morning.
they are also on hybrid feed.

pls I need urgent reply
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 6:44am On Mar 13, 2016
My noble colleagues in the huz, wot drug can I give my laying birds (zartech) to stop their cough? I have administered tylodox and doxitel but haven't gotten effective result.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 3:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nwogbe:
My noble colleagues in the huz, wot drug can I give my laying birds (zartech) to stop their cough? I have administered tylodox and doxitel but haven't gotten effective result.
Good-day sir, tylodox contains tylosin and doxycycline while doxitel contains doxycycline. If tylodox did not give you results, then doxitel would not likely give you as well. Has a Vet assessed your birds? If yes, what's the reason for the cough? If the suspicion is for CRD, you might want to consider another anti-mycoplasmal (like enrofloxacin or ciprofloxacin) for 5-7 days and afterwards, give mentofin for 3days to decongest/clear their airway (mentofin is given after completion of antibiotic treatment). If they are on deep litter, change the litter as well. Best of luck sir.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
[quote author=eggxel post=43736596]
Good-day sir, tylodox contains tylosin and doxycycline while doxitel contains doxycycline. If tylodox did not give you results, then doxitel would not likely give you as well. Has a Vet assessed your birds? If yes, what's the reason for the cough? If the suspicion is for CRD, you might want to consider another anti-mycoplasmal (like enrofloxacin or ciprofloxacin) for 5-7 days and afterwards, give mentofin for 3days to decongest/clear their airway (mentofin is given after completion of antibiotic treatment). If they are on deep litter, change the litter as well. Best of luck sir.[/quote
Thanks a bunch eggxel. I appreciate..
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
Integrityfarms:
We are seeking for the services of experienced pen attendants who will rear our 1000 units broiler day old birds to point of sales in our new farm site at Emene in Enugu state. Accommodation will be provided and the salary is competitive with mouth watery incentives. Residence in Enugu is an added advantage. We are also looking for the supply of poultry birds processing equipments either locally fabricated or foreign made. In addition we are looking for partnership with farmers involved in broiler production as we intend buying off their birds at point of maturity at very optimal prices. This would save the farmers the stress of searching for markets for their produce while making substantial profits. Interested Candidates and partners should forward their application and CV where necessary and other relevant documents to integrityfarmsnigeria@yahoo.com

Hello we have a farm close to you and would like to know how much you are willing to buy broilers from us in bulk and at what age/kg? You can contact us thru 08025503598 / 07039656380 or email 9jazeal@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good day Nairalanders, Are you a poultry farmer, seller or consumer around Ogoja, Ikom, Abakaliki and Enugu axis ? We invite you to patronize Corpers Farm. We sale DOCs , matured broilers etc. We also brood and sell different birds such as Turkeys, cockerels, layers and broilers from 1day - 4weeks. For booking and more info contact us on 08025503598, 07039656380 Email :9jazeal@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.