Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964797 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by horladtop(m): 10:39pm On Feb 13, 2017
pls house, I noticed DAT d size of my eggs are not increasing have use multivitamins still yet no result.. wat can I use to increase d size
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 10:15pm On Feb 17, 2017
hayor2014:
how much do you buy a bag of feed now.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 9:57am On Feb 18, 2017
Good morning house..pls my birds are jus 3months in laying ,the got to 69% last month which is the highest the attained.the have now droped to 65%. 1845 consiming 200kg of hybrid feed daily. I have 2 seprate halls which I have decided to try animal care feeds in the other hall to see if it cud be from the feeds. Each hall having 922. The birds are physically heathy. Pls how can I improve their performance. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
adetec15:

Actually the underfeeding had affected them during their growing stage, which could result in their delay in production and also be the reason of not producing to the expected production. I had such a similar case like that also that I just solved in which those birds were underfed during their growing stage and affected them a lot in which the time the ought to dropped was late, they dropped at 28weeks and by 33weeks their production stopped at 50%. But when I got there and did something changes they changed rapidly to 83%
. Pls what did u do to improve the production@adetch15
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gadgetmobil(m): 1:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
nyben4eva:

You're very correct.I recently designed a biodigester for my farm and it's so wonderful.
Pls drop your contact details so we can reach you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
bigthingz:
Good morning house..pls my birds are jus 3months in laying ,the got to 69% last month which is the highest the attained.the have now droped to 65%. 1845 consiming 200kg of hybrid feed daily. I have 2 seprate halls which I have decided to try animal care feeds in the other hall to see if it cud be from the feeds. Each hall having 922. The birds are physically heathy. Pls how can I improve their performance. Thanks

Increase their feed to 221kg.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:

OK. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by soloniger(m): 11:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
Oga Intendy, are you into poultry business also?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Intendy: 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
soloniger:
Oga Intendy, are you into poultry business also?

Ha.you na monitoring spirit o.

I'm a farmer o,both livestock (poultry inclusive) and crop production sir.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by soloniger(m): 12:08am On Feb 20, 2017
Intendy:

Ha.you na monitoring spirit o.

I'm a farmer o,both livestock (poultry inclusive) and crop production sir.
that's good, I was a fan of this thread about 5yrs ago and now planning to go into the business so I revisit it.
know these threads are helpful like the one you are really contributing i.e. nigeria stock exchange market pick alerts
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 12:09am On Feb 20, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:

OK thanks. Willdo jus that
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hayor2014(m): 7:06am On Feb 21, 2017
bigthingz:
OK thanks. Willdo jus that

I hope you do photo-simulation, that is , additional light for the birds, a total of 16 hours of light should be supplied to them daily with the use of white bulbs

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by virgo87(f): 12:48am On Feb 22, 2017
5monthhs old broilers for sale..!!!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kayo80(m): 1:22pm On Feb 22, 2017
virgo87:
5monthhs old broilers for sale..!!!

5 months? You tried o! Upload pictures. It will help the prospective buyer know what he is buying
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jayned: 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hello House I have 500 72weeks old layers. They are currently doing 49% that is about 240 eggs daily. I feed them 50kg daily and just started giving them vitamins daily. The issue is i am just trying to break even. Do you advise i sell them off or is there anything i can do to improve production. Meanwhile some have been molting for the past 1month.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hayor2014(m): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
jayned:
Hello House I have 500 72weeks old layers. They are currently doing 49% that is about 240 eggs daily. I feed them 50kg daily and just started giving them vitamins daily. The issue is i am just trying to break even. Do you advise i sell them off or is there anything i can do to improve production. Meanwhile some have been molting for the past 1month.
what's the history, source, what type,deep litter or free range..
I hope you do photo-simulation, that is , additional light for the birds, a total of 16 hours of light should be supplied to them daily with the use of white bulbs........
.WAIT SEF,OU SHOULD AV SOLD THEM OFF AS SPENT LAYERS AT THAT AGE..
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Amachebry: 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2017
I am so grateful for the help I get from here thanks .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Amachebry: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
Pls what is the meaning anti crd.and can I have names of a good one for broilers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Amachebry: 5:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
[quote author=nyben4eva post=53633810]

You're very correct.I recently designed a biodigester for my farm and it's so wonderful.[/quote. ]wow. Sorry for asking pls brief us again on what the bio digester can actually do
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sybeooo: 10:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
just wanted to share my broiler with the house, am starting another set don't know if anyone is interested to see our journey by the way my 6weeks old bird 2.6kg

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 3:32am On Feb 23, 2017
Did you sell them life or processed?What was your selling price?

sybeooo:
just wanted to share my broiler with the house, am starting another set don't know if anyone is interested to see our journey by the way my 6weeks old bird 2.6kg
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 3:35am On Feb 23, 2017
Dont be greedy.@ 72wks & 50% production,selling off should be your target.Except you are targeting Easter.

hayor2014:

I hope you do photo-simulation, that is , additional light for the birds, a total of 16 hours of light should be supplied to them daily with the use of white bulbs........
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:06am On Feb 23, 2017
tabontabon:

I vaccinate my pullets against fowl pox at week 15 (wing web), hope is not too late?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sybeooo: 8:59am On Feb 23, 2017
i sell life and dressed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 10:38am On Feb 23, 2017
sybeooo:
. Your bird looks good at 6 weeks, which feed are u using for them, and wat's the source of ur birds.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jayned: 11:43am On Feb 23, 2017
hayor2014:

Thanks. i appreciate.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jayned: 11:46am On Feb 23, 2017
tabontabon:
Dont be greedy.@ 72wks & 50% production,selling off should be your target.Except you are targeting Easter.

Greedy is rather a harsh word. But nevertheless, i get the message. Thanks for responding.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
@eggcelent, pls add me to the whatsap group 08036008261. Thanx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ietobi: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
tabontabon:
Did you sell them life or processed?What was your selling price?

Incase you are interested in buying live or processed broilers, i do sell them at a cheaper rate. My contact is 08069819698
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sybeooo: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Animal care and the birds are chi
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
Sorry for being harsh,I never meant it that way.I felt you are not taking the high cost of feed & medication into consideration.

jayned:

Greedy is rather a harsh word. But nevertheless, i get the message. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.