Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964832 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GidiPrince: 11:21am On Mar 19, 2017
Please, who knows any animal care feed distributor in Ikorodu?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adetec15: 9:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
need customers that I will b supplying eggs to in large quantity. if you want home delivery I dey do am.
if interested contact 08140913841.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 9:54am On Mar 20, 2017
Good morning fellow famers. Due to the high and increasing cost of feeds and persistent decline in the price of egg, is it advisable to restock now? Am thinking of booking 2500 doc. Pls your advice is highly needed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
cryPlease, house help me. My birds (18 weeks 3 days pullets) are currently down with illness. I have been recording mortality for the past 3 days now. What I observe is that their poop is watery, looks like milk colour. Also, are are vomiting out what they ate.

What could be wrong? Help a colleague out. embarassed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
bigthingz:
Good morning fellow famers. Due to the high and increasing cost of feeds and persistent decline in the price of egg, is it advisable to restock now? Am thinking of booking 2500 doc. Pls your advice is highly needed

yes,u can if u have the wherewithal to feed them
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 5:39pm On Mar 20, 2017
Chikach:
Yes NCD Possible thats why its advicable to give Lasota at day 8,

Also Brooding (Heating) might be another factor, mayb the heat was not enough, Pls Which Antibiotics did you use during the Brooding stage.

Neoceryl
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 5:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
raphemmanuel:
give them terracycline or megadox for antibiotics and tyfural for CRD
These drugs I mentioned are very effective
Thanks for your response. I have taken note. I gave them tylodox and it helped

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Which farm do you buy your doc? They will have answers to your query
Karmadex. It was later discussed it was from the farm. Although, they didn't compensate me. They denied it's not their fault
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 11:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
alakara:

yes,u can if u have the wherewithal to feed them
thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 21, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:
cryPlease, house help me. My birds (18 weeks 3 days pullets) are currently down with illness. I have been recording mortality for the past 3 days now. What I observe is that their poop is watery, looks like milk colour. Also, are are vomiting out what they ate.
What could be wrong? Help a colleague out. embarassed
Combine an antibiotic with anticocci.
Eg embazin forte and est mix
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by vmacford: 9:56am On Mar 22, 2017
I bought 125 POL brown n black. I separated them because of the fighting. But I noticed the blacks are bigger than d black n i have started seeing some eggs with d black. Should I feed all of them layers mash? Is this size difference normal? And d delay wit d browns is that normal. Pls experts in the house help me. I'm confused. Dont even know what medcine to administer to them now,i have lost 2 of the browns.look sick n small.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hisdon: 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
I really appreciate what is going on here. I have 160 layers at 19 weeks they started laying. They are 22 weeks today and their out put is 50%. Is there anything that I need to do for improvement.i am using hybrid feed. thanks for you respond.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Amen24(f): 7:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
pls, I just built my pen, New in the business . I live at shagamu Ogun state, any quality hatchery near shagamu I can purchase my Day Old Chick

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
Amen24:
pls, I just built my pen, New in the business . I live at shagamu Ogun state, any quality hatchery near shagamu I can purchase my Day Old Chick
Buy online
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Oxytocin712: 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
hisdon:
I really appreciate what is going on here. I have 160 layers at 19 weeks they started laying. They are 22 weeks today and their out put is 50%. Is there anything that I need to do for improvement.i am using hybrid feed. thanks for you respond.
How many kg of feed are you given them, is the neccessary vaccine given (Lasota ) and what of deworming? .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Amen24(f): 6:32am On Mar 23, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Buy online
pls give me examples of sites to buy from.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 6:41am On Mar 23, 2017
Amen24:
http://poultryplaza.com/day-old-birds/broilers.html
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kripen(m): 7:27am On Mar 23, 2017
You can order from fortemhe sell doc . Though stay at ibadan.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adeuade(m): 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
7,000 Pullets (point of lay) are for sale!!! Call or whatsapp 08062203157 for more information

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by soloniger(m): 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
Due to the hot weather now my 5 weeks broiler are gasping so I introduced a ceiling fan but at the initialization and stopping of the fan the birds run shelter-skelter until it reached full speed or stops.
Will this problem affect the birds in the long-run, pls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
why is the cost of feed keep increasing, even rico gado sef don become 3800, Am very tempted to go back & start making my own feed, do dis fefol have any idea how many bags if feed almost a thousand bird consume per day. Even with all the dollar subsidies dem dey still increase feed price. metchew & this damn heat just makes the birds keep panting
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pcoolioz(m): 6:28am On Mar 24, 2017
soloniger:
Due to the hot weather now my 5 weeks broiler are gasping so I introduced a ceiling fan but at the initialization and stopping of the fan the birds run shelter-skelter until it reached full speed or stops.
Will this problem affect the birds in the long-run, pls
They run from everything new. They will adapt with time, but doesn't the fan just blow the sawdust all over the place?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2017
Does anyone here have a duck farm/rear ducks??
Secondly, does anyone know where i can get Mallards?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 11:04am On Mar 24, 2017
Amen24:
Your pen looks good for brooding. which area are you in Sagamu? I can be of help.
Best Wishes!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by justiceana: 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
Please I want to go into poultry farming. I need a mentor to tutor me and put me through on it. I have land space and capital ready. I just need someone to lecture me on how to go about it. My location is Lagos, before Agbara precisely. Anyone interested should please holla at me.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
justiceana:
Please I want to go into poultry farming. I need a mentor to tutor me and put me through on it. I have land space and capital ready. I just need someone to lecture me on how to go about it. My location is Lagos, before Agbara precisely. Anyone interested should please holla at me. my whatsapp number is zero eight zero three seven four seven one eight six seven. Thanks.
Try and read this thread from page 0 till current page; you have all you need. Best wishes.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hisdon: 3:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
Oxytocin712:

How many kg of feed are you given them, is the neccessary vaccine given (Lasota ) and what of deworming? .

I give them 19 kg everyday. All the vaccines are up to date.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eefosa1: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
please i need vaccine process for DOC Boiler and cockerel black
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fongido(m): 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hello please 10 gram is how many teaspoon
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by almeida3: 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
Farm Gurus in the house! Please help me on this one. My 18 weeks birds are not eating well. They are 480 in number and can't consume up to 50kg in one day. They have plenty of feed remaining in their troughs at the end of the day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.