Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964806 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by shakyriri: 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=Amen24 post=54846119]pls, I just built my pen, New in the business . I live at shagamu Ogun state, any quality hatchery near shagamu I can purchase my Day Old Chick [/quote
Pls contact Cc Turks.He delivers nationwide. No mixing or turning cartons. The guy is legitimate to a fault
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by menama(m): 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
almeida3:
Farm Gurus in the house! Please help me on this one. My 18 weeks birds are not eating well. They are 480 in number and can't consume up to 50kg in one day. They have plenty of feed remaining in their troughs at the end of the day.

Any sign of illness/disease? Wia dey eating more than 50kg b4?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by almeida3: 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
menama:

Any sign of illness/disease? Wia dey eating more than 50kg b4?
They look very healthy! I actually switched from giving them 35kg at week 15 to 50kg at 16..i expect them to finish it n fight for more just like they did before I had them debeaked.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
Thanks so much sir. We appreciate the referral smiley Contact us on 08026360598 for more info sir. [quote author=shakyriri post=54912167][/quote]
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by menama(m): 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
almeida3:

They look very healthy! I actually switched from giving them 35kg at week 15 to 50kg at 16..i expect them to finish it n fight for more just like they did before I had them debeaked.

How about dia water intake?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Oxytocin712: 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
hisdon:

I give them 19 kg everyday. All the vaccines are up to date.
If all vaccines are up to date, the look inward, how about the environment i.e their litters. Personally, I will suggest you place them on antibiotics + vitamins (any antibiotic drug that have multivitamin in it) for some days.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by almeida3: 9:03am On Mar 25, 2017
menama:

Water intake is normal. They drink 100liters everyday
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by almeida3: 9:04am On Mar 25, 2017
menama:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by menama(m): 9:39am On Mar 25, 2017
almeida3:

If water intake is normal and the girls are doing/looking good health-wise,then I suggest you place them on antibiotics for three days and multivitamins for a week+
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by almeida3: 9:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
menama:

If water intake is normal and the girls are doing/looking good health-wise,then I suggest you place them on antibiotics for three days and multivitamins for a week+
Thank you Menama! I gave them antibiotics for 3 days already. Someone suggested I give them B-complex for 3 days, currently on the second day and the intake is improving. Just as you have instructed, I will give them multivitamins for 7 days and see how it goes from there. Thanks again!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by akachivet: 11:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
almeida3:

when did you debeak them ie at what age in weeks please note debeaking wil affect their feed consumption drastically
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by menama(m): 6:08am On Mar 26, 2017
almeida3:

Thank you Menama! I gave them antibiotics for 3 days already. Someone suggested I give them B-complex for 3 days, currently on the second day and the intake is improving. Just as you have instructed, I will give them multivitamins for 7 days and see how it goes from there. Thanks again!

You are welcome. I wish you all the best in your quests
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Obcglobal(m): 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
almeida3:
Farm Gurus in the house! Please help me on this one. My 18 weeks birds are not eating well. They are 480 in number and can't consume up to 50kg in one day. They have plenty of feed remaining in their troughs at the end of the day.
that quantity is too much for them at that age ok
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by almeida3: 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
akachivet:
when did you debeak them ie at what age in weeks please note debeaking wil affect their feed consumption drastically
I Debeaked them on the 12th week. Because they began to peck each other.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by soloniger(m): 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
pcoolioz:

They run from everything new. They will adapt with time, but doesn't the fan just blow the sawdust all over the place?
they have adopted now, the sawdust is not affected.
Thanks for the response
grin grin grin
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by menama(m): 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
Obcglobal:
that quantity is too much for them at that age ok

At 18 weeks, they should consume at least 40.8Kg of feeds. That is 85g/bird/day. Dia4 the left over from 50kg feed should be little.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
Does anyone here have a duck farm/rear ducks??
Secondly, does anyone know where i can get Mallards? PLS LINK ME WITH THE DUCK FARMER/KEEPER.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olahbc: 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
nice project keep it up
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by horladtop(m): 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
pls gurus, when is dis egg glut going to stop and how am I suppose to keep egg that I can't sell and for how long...thanks

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fongido(m): 10:07am On Mar 29, 2017
Please my birds I bought is not growing as it supposed to. I'm a first timer and maybe I bought the wrong broilers.
Please what type of broilers should I book next
Please can anyone recommend drugs I can use to enhance growth.

Thanks for your help.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Sombili(f): 11:18am On Mar 29, 2017
Old layers for sale at 1700.if interested, kindly call 07035356510
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Babacele: 12:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
almeida3:

deworm them . Hope you have adequate ventilation too? cheers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by capsule(m): 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
[quote author=Amen24 post=54846119]pls, I just built my pen, New in the business . I live at shagamu Ogun state, any quality hatchery near shagamu I can purchase my Day Old Chick

pls how much did it cost u to put this up... if a breakdown is possible, that will be nice... cuz I think I'm over spending already.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by almeida3: 8:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
Babacele:
deworm them . Hope you have adequate ventilation too? cheers.
I have done that already(deworming). Am not sure about the ventilation. Am actually using a normal room, ceiled, (10x10m), double opposite windows, (3x3m) each, per 100birds with no vents..is this okay? Or?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kajole(m): 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Good day house I would want to volunteer in any poultry farm in the southwest. Especially farms in the egg business. I have little experience in broilers. I am a graduate but I am volunteering basically for the experience. I could also contribute in sales and marketing. 08138741301 on whatsapp too my phone number.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Babacele: 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
almeida3:

I have done that already(deworming). Am not sure about the ventilation. Am actually using a normal room, ceiled, (10x10m), double opposite windows, (3x3m) each, per 100birds with no vents..is this okay? Or?
no sir, they need vents seriously. The vital life force in the air is so invaluable. The ceiling could be trapping ammonia gas which the birds don't want at all cos it reduces the volume of Oxygen needed for optimum metabolism . try n open d doors though Wt net so they don't escape outside.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by masciv: 5:36am On Mar 30, 2017
Hello guys. I've been reading since the first post and i must commend you guys. You've really done a great work here. However I'm still lagging behind when it comes to some terms and even procedures documented here.
Also I'm still serving right now and have nothing compared to the amount some of you have started with. Just have 20 thousand naira which is the total of my monthly allowance. I got a passion for agriculture even though I didn't study anything pertaining to that in university. Would love to own my own farm and possibly learn from you guys too
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hisdon: 11:14am On Mar 30, 2017
Oxytocin712:

If all vaccines are up to date, the look inward, how about the environment i.e their litters. Personally, I will suggest you place them on antibiotics + vitamins (any antibiotic drug that have multivitamin in it) for some days.

Thank you Oxytocin. They are doing well. @ 23 weeks now, 82%
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kagari: 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
small to medium size unsorted eggs for 750 per crate. can do 300-500 crates a week
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kunlesmiles(m): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
sybeooo:
just wanted to share my broiler with the house, am starting another set don't know if anyone is interested to see our journey by the way my 6weeks old bird 2.6kg
pls hw did u get dat weight at 6wks,my birds ar always arnd 2kg after 6 weeks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ogboso3: 9:10am On Mar 31, 2017
hello, I am a newbie here, hoping to learn from the gurus in the house.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Amen24(f): 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
[quote author=capsule post=55064861][/quote]10 by 24ft . Let say #200,000

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.