Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965284 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Jinoprinx: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
this sounds alot like Newcastle disease or heat stroke. let the experst come and tell you the antibiotics to administer to them. quick question, how many times did you vacinate them with gomboro and lasota?

I have vaccinated them lasota and gomboro once each
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Jinoprinx: 10:43am On Jun 11, 2018
Jinoprinx:
Urgent Help Needed!!!
I opted to try Poultry farming after going through the huge wealth of info on this thread.
I started with 50 broilers ( to gather experience as advised) 19 days ago, they've been doing real good until 3days ago, I observed that they can't stand and most of them are just rolling over on their back because of the paralysis of their legs, it also makes them not to eat properly. I've already recorded 4deaths.
I have earlier given then lasota and gomboro vaccine before all these problems started.
Please someone help a rookie out.
Thanks in anticipation.

I have vaccinated them lasota and gomboro once each
Please urgent help needed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Jibbie28(f): 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
Gurus in the house i hail ooo. Please i have 10 broilers and recently i noticed 3 has twisted neck and one cannot walk properly. what can i administer on them. Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by agslow(m): 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
Good day house... Please can someone help me with the current price of DOC broilers, grower and finisher feed.. I plan to start a small farm of 200 birds next month to gain experience and I want to make out my cost analysis... Thanks for your assistance
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jay7(m): 11:52am On Jun 14, 2018
agslow:
Good day house... Please can someone help me with the current price of DOC broilers, grower and finisher feed.. I plan to start a small farm of 200 birds next month to gain experience and I want to make out my cost analysis... Thanks for your assistance
200 broiler's will eat 14 bags of starter diet for 28 days that is 4 weeks and will eat about 35-39 bags upto 10 weeks depending on your target weight, you can calculate for brooding, vaccines, drugs and other miscellaneous cost on your own. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by JewelRegi(f): 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2018
agslow:

as a beginner, I suggest you start with 100 or 50.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by YESpParticipant: 10:22am On Jun 21, 2018
Experienced poultry farmers, please i need your advice on this thread. Thanks in anticipation of your response.

https://www.nairaland.com/4574043/how-reliable-point-lay-birds

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by supergist1(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2018
Poultry Farming in Nigeria is one of the most lucrative agriculture businesses. The economy of Nigeria is mostly dependent on farming or agriculture sector. Thousand of tons of poultry products are consumed everyday yet, the
http://www.supergist.com.ng/start-poultry-farming-nigeria/
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Adeyqunlay(m): 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
hello expert in the house. pls I bought 60 pcs 4wks old broiler yesterday. the birds looks very healthy but just want to be on a safer side I av d following drugs pls how do I give them so as not to cause any issues for them.
pls I nid guidance. cus D's is my fist time of buying 4 wks old broiler
1. toltrazuril ( centre dicox)
2. maxi yield
3. doxy-gen 20/20
4. tylo.dox extra
5.virucida solution.
or can I still gv them lasota or gumboro?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jerryadindu123(m): 11:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
Worry no more fellow farmers and intending farmers. All you need for a successful poultry venture besides capital is KNOWLEDGE. The answers to the above questions and many more are detailed in this book. In short, all the knowledge you need to acquire as a successful poultry farmer is detailed in this book: POULTRY FARMING IN THE TROPICS; A COMPLETE GUIDE. This book is written based on the author’s knowledge on poultry farming and the knowledge of various scholars, researchers, farmers and poultry breeders in Africa, India and Great Britain.
The following topics have been exhaustively treated
1. Breeds of the domestic fowl
2. Incubation and hatching management
3. Poultry housing and equipment
4. Poultry brooding (management of day old chicks)
5. Management of growers, layers, breeders and broilers
6. Poultry nutrition
7. Poultry feeds and feeding (including feed formulation)
8. Poultry diseases: prevention and control
9. Processing and preservation of poultry products
10. Poultry economics (how to start poultry farming/financial implication)
11. Poultry farm records.

Cost for the book is only 2,000 naira for now. Get your copy and stand tall as a successful poultry farmer, keeper and researcher.
View my author page below to see my previous book.
https://www.amazon.com/author/adinduugochukwu
Email: jerryadindu@yahoo.com
Whatsapp; 07035455030

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by gbotman1: 1:07am On Jul 05, 2018
Advertise, buy and sell poultry produce on agroexpand.com it is free
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jfkenny(m): 1:41am On Jul 05, 2018
Adeyqunlay:
hello expert in the house. pls I bought 60 pcs 4wks old broiler yesterday. the birds looks very healthy but just want to be on a safer side I av d following drugs pls how do I give them so as not to cause any issues for them.
pls I nid guidance. cus D's is my fist time of buying 4 wks old broiler
1. toltrazuril ( centre dicox)
2. maxi yield
3. doxy-gen 20/20
4. tylo.dox extra
5.virucida solution.
or can I still gv them lasota or gumboro?
u may not need lasota and gumboro if you are not keeping for more 4-5 weeks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by survivalagro: 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE SETTING UP A POULTRY FARM

A potential farmer who plans to succeed in poultry business has to know that there are some factors to be considered especially in the planning process of setting up the farm. These include the following;

PEN HOUSE
This is one of the very important factors, in fact, very imperative as a well-structured pen is one of the determinants to how well the birds will grow and lay eggs effectively. When a pen is built putting the geographical elements of that location in perspective, it will increase productivity. A pen that does not allow the right humidity and air to flow at the right direction inside the pen will affect the laying. It is therefore important that upcoming farmers ensure to consult professionals who will ensure that their pen is designed and constructed using the best of resources in human and material capacities. This will bring about comfort for the birds and increase productivity.

STORAGE FACILITIES
Storage facilities are another factor a potential poultry farmer needs to consider especially when you are mapping out the various sections of the farm. The storage facility must be constructed in line with the entire farm settings. Plans should also be made for possible expansion of the farm. Feeds storage should be kept separate from equipment store.

MANPOWER
Yes, manpower! You must plan your manpower well. It covers the farm manager, farm attendants, and security personnel especially if you intend on not handling the farm management physically. These management staff must be people of proven integrity and would ensure the farm is effectively managed.

SECURITY
Any place or establishment that is not well secured is bound to eventually crash down when there are uncontrolled level of thefts. This is why it is very important to set up strict security measures because if this is not in place, some employees can run down the farm through direct and indirect actions. So as an intending farmer, security of your farm both in human and material assets should be a priority.

For more professional consultancy on your exiting or intended poultry projects, contact us:
Whatsapp: 07062252747
Call: 07064283960

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by survivalagro: 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
Happy New Month

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by stefanwolf1: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
how many bags of feed can 1000 layer eat per week
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by majralph: 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2018
stefanwolf1:
how many bags of feed can 1000 layer eat per week
they should eat 5 bags per day

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by survivalagro: 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
Contact@

Iyana Bare, opposite Jossy Adeolu , filling station. Old Lagos Road , Ibadan.

Office Line: 07054283960.

Whatsapp: +2347062252747

Email:spfsofficial@gmail.com

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_9PlpC8EdZstAP01J305Ng

Pages:www.facebook.com/survivalpoultry

Instagram : @survivalpoultryfarm

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ayodele123(m): 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2018
[quote author=DisGuy post=8248882]this is interesting

but can people stop giving unsolicited advice, she probably has her consultants, vets and other personnel she/they need already
why don't you wait till she ask you specific questions before posting advice based on pictures, and stop posting phone numbers like a scammer[/quote

i tire o
Those doing this are armchair farmers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ayodele123(m): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
majralph:
they should eat 5 bags per day

U did not answer the question well. your answer is based on a guess and not facts. if i am an examiner, you scored zero
He wanted to know how many bags of feed that 1000 chicks consume a day and U said 5 bags daily
U should have asked for the age of the birds or their phase whether brooder, grower or layer phase and that determines the answer
if the 5 bags are for 1000 chicks in the layer phase, how did you arrive at this figure? if you cant explain, then you are guessing.
For details, how to calculate exact chicken feed consumption levels based on age, visit the poultry first signature blog below (Awarded Best 50 poultry blogs on the planet)

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ti1418(m): 6:35am On Aug 16, 2018
Good day everyone; just registered and have read lots of insightful ideas in the poultry section. I'm a poultry farmer at Abeokuta sagamu road we have pullet eggs for sale up to 500 crates. Thanks to all contributors and the founder for such a useful blog.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eghos12(m): 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
hellow house I have day old turkeys dey don't eat pls what can I do
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by blessedobaro: 9:14am On Aug 18, 2018
Please i bought 2 month olds broilers, please when can i hibr them lasota and gumboro
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by graphy24: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2018
pls my broiler poop is blood the eat but when I check there troat there is no food there and they drink excessive water
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by friffy: 2:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
Please my pullets are dying I need urgent help... Signs are chick folding loss of appetite dryness and very bony ... I have called a vet doc drugs have been administered like diCox and other anti coccidant... But some still have the above symptoms ... I wake to meet dead birds...

I don't know what to do
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
friffy:
Please my pullets are dying I need urgent help... Signs are chick folding loss of appetite dryness and very bony ... I have called a vet doc drugs have been administered like diCox and other anti coccidant... But some still have the above symptoms ... I wake to meet dead birds...

I don't know what to do
u need to provide some important elements like age of the birds,source,the feed,ur last vaccination and how u do it,ur pen structure, just to mention few,with these,may be people can assist u,
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by survivalagro: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
We create the difference in the world poultry products and services.

Kindly watch our explainer video of our products and services.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7At5xa3xts&feature=youtu.be

Remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel for more updates. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by friffy: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
The birds are close to 12 weeks. Pen is deep litter system. I use top feed mash. I have given them the needed vaccine.. Lasota, gumboro etc... I currently house them in a three bedroom room flat... I will appreciate your assistance
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by friffy: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
Last
friffy:
The birds are close to 12 weeks. Pen is deep litter system. I use top feed mash. I have given them the needed vaccine.. Lasota, gumboro etc... I currently house them in a three bedroom room flat... I will appreciate your assistance
baggiosne:
u need to provide some important elements like age of the birds,source,the feed,ur last vaccination and how u do it,ur pen structure, just to mention few,with these,may be people can assist u,
The last vaccination was lasota .The whole problem started after they were vaccinated against fowl pox

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.