Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965603 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by EhiGid(m): 3:37am On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=secnelly]
pls Fnk, i'll appreciate if you send me a copy of the analysis too. gideonijie@gmail.com.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=obagoriola][/quote]
Please forward the analysis to me too
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 8:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
omode2: dt is d spirit bro relatives and friends are d best source of capital i too did that, prove to them u knw what u r doin if there b a need write a business plan it shws u where ur biz will be ind future. Wish u d best in ur endeavors!

Go and read the Richest man in babylon by Napoleon Hill and Apply his principle into your business you will not be successful but great.

concerning farming situated in a residential area,for how long shall we continue to move into the forest.I think its high time we looked into what the problem with poultry in the residential area is and the way forward.

Majorly odour is the problem why poultry /livestock farms are not located in a residential area .Even with the rate at which urban is fastly developing ,we still need urban farming where we will be able to get urban people with fresh produce like chickens,eggs and vegetables.

The only way out if to control the waste management .Making the waste more attractive and odour free.

Noise is another thing ,the decibel of sound in a poultry farm depends on the number of chickens available in the farm.We should be able to reduce the decibel to the minimum level.If this and other factors can be put in place our chicken we live better in residential area.

One thing I have noticed about people living close to poultry farms is that they dont smell with their nose but they smell with their eyes.So make the environment clean .make the view enticing .

I will be working on what we can do to make us enjoy our farms for years without the community/ies grumbling.I will keep the house updated.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by WAP: 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have about 120 old layers (Brown and Black) to be sold from now till the next Ileya in October by God's grace, price is 900 per bird, location is Iyana Iyesi area of Otta. Please call 08037405276 for more details.

Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TheShootist(m): 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
obnelly:

Go and read the Richest man in babylon by Napoleon Hill and Apply his principle into your business you will not be successful but great.

concerning farming situated in a residential area,for how long shall we continue to move into the forest.I think its high time we looked into what the problem with poultry in the residential area is and the way forward.

Majorly odour is the problem why poultry /livestock farms are not located in a residential area .Even with the rate at which urban is fastly developing ,we still need urban farming where we will be able to get urban people with fresh produce like chickens,eggs and vegetables.

The only way out if to control the waste management .Making the waste more attractive and odour free.

Noise is another thing ,the decibel of sound in a poultry farm depends on the number of chickens available in the farm.We should be able to reduce the decibel to the minimum level.If this and other factors can be put in place our chicken we live better in residential area.

One thing I have noticed about people living close to poultry farms is that they dont smell with their nose but they smell with their eyes.So make the environment clean .make the view enticing .

I will be working on what we can do to make us enjoy our farms for years without the community/ies grumbling.I will keep the house updated.
Finally somebody speaks my mind!

WAP: Hello everyone,

I have about 120 old layers (Brown and Black) to be sold from now till the next Ileya in October by God's grace, price is 900 per bird, location is Iyana Iyesi area of Otta. Please call 08037405276 for more details.

Thanks.
You aren't far from me, my farm is in Atan! wink

Meanwhile I pm'ed the last of 8 Mortalities that started on Monday and there I found it, Eimeria Tenella! I've already placed them on an anti-coccidial and they are doing better now. Them no fit spoil Christmas for me grin grin grin

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by secnelly: 7:24am On Sep 20, 2013
fnk:

You are right, we have a population explosion in this country and mostly here in Lagos. But that said, along Lekki ajah road right after the 2nd toll gate, to your right is a poultry right next to Olorunisola estate. (Olorunisola is Eliganza) this guy is a powerful person in Lagos and I have always wondered why the owner poultry is still in business. Any ways, we make some contact with the local government in the area and them baales etc. My take is that I want to be successful in this venture that when the pressure to relocate comes in the next 3 to 5 years, i will be able to move knowing that I have gotten my money'e worth of the land were I am now. Another thing, If you are the big boy in town, most times you call the shots.

So I think the focus should be how do you take this opportunity to the level that no any other business makes sense.

Sup Sir, haven't heard from u for a yl. Hope ur farm's doing great. Any status report?

Lest I forget, thanks for ur swift response to my mail.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eazeefix: 1:21am On Sep 22, 2013
To help reduce your start up costs, I have fairly used poultry cages for sale. Used for only one cycle so no repairs to be carried out 39 units in total 3tiers. U can email me if I interested at eazeefixng@gmail.com. Minimum quantity is 10 units.Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bestofralph(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2013
a.A.K:
Hello guys.pls I want to know how long I should feed my broiler starter before switching to finisher?
it depends on how long you intend to raise the birds. Ideally, you feed them starter for about half the time you wish to raise them and finisher for the remaining half. E.g If you want to sell the birds at 10wks, feed them starter for 5wks and finisher for the remaining 5wks. #don't feed broilers with grower mash

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bestofralph(m): 10:54am On Sep 22, 2013
obnelly:

#The Richest Man in Babylon is by George S. Clason, 1926#
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by leverage12(m): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
Bestofralph: it depends on how long you intend to raise the birds. Ideally, you feed them starter for about half the time you wish to raise them and finisher for the remaining half. E.g If you want to sell the birds at 10wks, feed them starter for 5wks and finisher for the remaining 5wks. #don't feed broilers with grower mash
please am into rearing broilers my self and this is my first batch, just to ask- why do you say that broilers should not be fed with grower?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bestofralph(m): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
Broilers are naturally fast growing breed of birds. Feeding them growers which have a higher protein ratio will only make them overweight & in some cases making them unable to move around and this is not good for the birds.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by leverage12(m): 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
Bestofralph: Broilers are naturally fast growing breed of birds. Feeding them growers which have a higher protein ratio will only make them overweight & in some cases making them unable to move around and this is not good for the birds.
thanks I really appreciate, but I have another challenge-I buy my feeds at the rate of 2500 naira per bag and think its kind of exspensive to me, is there anywhere I can get it at a cheaper rate. Please help oo.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bestofralph(m): 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
leverage12: thanks I really appreciate, but I have another challenge-I buy my feeds at the rate of 2500 naira per bag and think its kind of exspensive to me, is there anywhere I can get it at a cheaper rate. Please help oo.
it depends on your location and the quantity you are purchasing. Here in sapele i buy @ 2500 per bag but in nsukka i buy uac vitafeed @ 2300
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by leverage12(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2013
Bestofralph: it depends on your location and the quantity you are purchasing. Here in sapele i buy @ 2500 per bag but in nsukka i buy uac vitafeed @ 2300
thanks but same uac vitafeed is sold to me at enugu ezike for 2500 per bag. Thanks for the quick response.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gozychuks(m): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
What vitamin can. I give to my broilers. To maximise growth and weight
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gozychuks(m): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
What vitamin can I give to my broilers. To maximise growth and weight
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
secnelly:

Sup Sir, haven't heard from u for a yl. Hope ur farm's doing great. Any status report?

Lest I forget, thanks for ur swift response to my mail.
Sorry guys, I am coming, our first birds will be delivered on Wednesday, I will post pix later.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
Pls how can one source for buyers??
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by leverage12(m): 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Bestofralph: it depends on your location and the quantity you are purchasing. Here in sapele i buy @ 2500 per bag but in nsukka i buy uac vitafeed @ 2300
please where in nsukka do you buy your feeds?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bestofralph(m): 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
leverage12: please where in nsukka do you buy your feeds?
along enugu road, near nitel. I buy together with unn. farms... in bulk.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bawelat: 9:46am On Sep 24, 2013
eazeefix: To help reduce your start up costs, I have fairly used poultry cages for sale. Used for only one cycle so no repairs to be carried out 39 units in total 3tiers. U can email me if I interested at eazeefixng@gmail.com. Minimum quantity is 10 units.Thanks.
hw much is a unit my e-mail is gbolahan.basheer@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2013
Gozychuks: What vitamin can I give to my broilers. To maximise growth and weight
Livestovit-N300 n big N500(Abatior Agege, Lagos).
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 10:18am On Sep 24, 2013
Bestofralph: Broilers are naturally fast growing breed of birds. Feeding them growers which have a higher protein ratio will only make them overweight & in some cases making them unable to move around and this is not good for the birds.
So, u recommend broiler starter?? Though am using top feed super broiler starter(more expensive) for my broilers and layers.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
Spartan3d: Pls how can one source for buyers??

Visit your local restaurants, hotels, market women and tell them what you have, Non of this outlets buys from one source, or no one source can meet their daily demand, So, if you comb your area, you can get a lot of demand that you will not be able to service.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Idango(m): 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
My birds arrived on the 16th of this month 600 broilers and 600 pullets. they are one week and one day now.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by leverage12(m): 5:28am On Sep 25, 2013
Bestofralph: along enugu road, near nitel. I buy together with unn. farms... in bulk.
thank for this bro, you are God sent.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by leverage12(m): 5:33am On Sep 25, 2013
Idango: My birds arrived on the 16th of this month 600 broilers and 600 pullets. they are one week and one day now.
mine is 2 Months and 8 days today. I started with 150 broilers, though lost about 9 in total but have started selling and have sold 10. Cheers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 11:35am On Sep 25, 2013
leverage12: mine is 2 Months and 8 days today. I started with 150 broilers, though lost about 9 in total but have started selling and have sold 10. Cheers

Guys, show us pictures, it makes it more exciting to everyone of us following on this tread. My birds will be coming in tomorrow, I am going to Obasanjo Farm myself to pick them up. It will be fun to see the progress

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Idango(m): 8:58am On Sep 26, 2013
My birds at day 2
[img][/img]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.