Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? (26359 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / Make Sure You Don't Drink These Things If You Are Single (Pictures) / Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by dododawa1: 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2021
during anger, I remember BUHARI and I forget my anger.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by harmony75: 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2021
I like your sincerity, those that don't drink could be more dangerous that does not mean you should go about drinking and smoking. ask God to remove every spirit of anger in you!
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by silverachy: 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
Introducing Write 'R' Us

Do you need to have an article written? Or you need blog posts on your website? Or you probably need content for your website? Or basically any sort of copywriting at all? Write 'R' Us is a new team of professional writers....

Benefits: After your article is written, it gets to be proofread completely for free by other members on the team.

The team will continue to ask for clarity every step of the way so you know exactly what to expect when your work is being delivered. This means there won't be an error in communication in any way because whoever is on charge of your work will always be in touch with you as they write.

You will get to see a watermarked, uneditable version of your work before payment so that you will see how your article looks like from first glance.

As said, earlier, it's a new team so other benefits will be added as time goes on. If you need any article written on any topic, you can contact us.

We write on several topics ranging from lifestyle and healthcare to tech reviews and crypto currency exchange.

If you need a job done, you can reach us at

You can also reach us on writerus21@gmail.com
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by iLegendd(m): 1:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
I send some money to my grandma, call her on phone and she smiles and starts showering me with prayers. When the call ends, I continue the smile on my face by watching Brodda Shaggi, Trevor Noah, etc.

Unfortunately, she died 2 months ago. cry

Another way I control it is by letting myself know the Devil is at work again. With this, I laugh and ignore. Too many important things to do.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 1:47pm On Feb 15, 2021
dododawa1:
during anger, I remember BUHARI and I forget my anger.

Haa..are you sure you are not a cow or Fulani herdsmen..cos they are the only group who get happy seeing Buhari..lol
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by qtguru(m): 1:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:
Today I was really angry. Someone got me so mad that I could destroy things or harm the person. But I maintained my cool. Yet I was just mad almost all day that I couldn't concentrate on anything else. Then I became angrier for being angry and being in a bad mood that was caused by someone else.

Then this evening, and since it's been a while I went out to drink cos I've been very busy lately. So I went to my ATM and withdraw as much as I could afford to waste.
I went to a bar, drink, drink, took peppersoup..and took a couple of stick...
Now I'm a happy man and no longer angry.

I'm. now wondering how people who don't drink nor smoke or go on lavishing spree manage to relieve their anger when mad..Hmmm. This life is too short to allow people spoil ya mood

I dont smoke weed anymore or drink but I get you, when I'm mad I'm tempted to drink or smoke but men don quit. So I just chill at the beer parlour
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by showafrica(m): 1:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:
Today I was really angry. Someone got me so mad that I could destroy things or harm the person. But I maintained my cool. Yet I was just mad almost all day that I couldn't concentrate on anything else. Then I became angrier for being angry and being in a bad mood that was caused by someone else.

Then this evening, and since it's been a while I went out to drink cos I've been very busy lately. So I went to my ATM and withdraw as much as I could afford to waste.

I'm. now wondering how people who don't drink nor smoke or go on lavishing spree manage to relieve their anger when mad..Hmmm. This life is too short to allow people spoil ya mood

Cold beer does wonders, the issue be say what if money no come dey
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 1:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
showafrica:

Cold beer does wonders, the issue be say what if money no come dey
May we not go that broke.... especially if u are a working class

1 Like

Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
JustJesse:
Spend time with my dog
If I'm really mad I punish myself with workouts
Listen to Post Malone
Kill a few people in Grand Theft Auto
Pls what's d name of d post Malone song
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by ibawon(m): 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2021
They try to work it out like every adult should
Not by trying to suppress it with harmful vices
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Roushy(m): 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
One way to get out of anger is not to get angry! Have positive vibes always
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Gentlemanforyou: 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2021
Watch Tom and Jerry
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Nicoddemus(m): 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

Yes, cool, but its a generic sign that one is still angry, infact avoiding contact and speech with people who annoyed us is a sign we are still angry. Maybe in that way you could defuse your anger..but in that way, for me, merely seeing that person just trigger my anger button even if I try to say little to him or her.....
You need to learn how to hold it in and keep yourself together. It's very important. Self retraction and occasional silence are very powerful tool in dealing with many issues of life
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by criuze(m): 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2021
Tenshades:
Enough water and some alternative rock/pop music.

sure, i listen to coldplay or linkin park

and that water dey calm nerves well well

1 Like

Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Pweetyccee(f): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
Listen to music then cry
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by criuze(m): 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

You joined Nairaland in your Nysc...u really missed...I've been on Nairaland since 2007...with different monikers

we be age mate for nairaland

make we form age grade
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by illicit(m): 2:37pm On Feb 15, 2021
martineverest:
I don't drink nor smoke and m not wicked

But u go dey snuff, abi wink
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

It's a good approach to anger management no doubt..but it only means punchbag/sandbag must be readily available around u, especially around that spot where u got angry in the first place...cos if sandbag no dey..maybe you box the wall abi..lol
grin grin grin u can do pushup or press up grin if no punching bag dey handy grin or just be throwing ur punches in d empty air grin
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Kokaine(m): 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2021
buy s punch bag. whenever you get angry, go to the room and punch away. till you forget the issue. you'll soon get tired, sweating, and fall asleep
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

Imagine running for 30mins on a sunny afternoon cos u are angry... people will think you are losing it..lol
And where are u supposed to see a sandbag to box
lol, I see anger as energy o, i would rather channel it towards my job or a chore.

Before you know its burnt and it's actually funny how you can do these acts without knowing when you did it
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
lefulefu:
grin grin grin u can do pushup or press up grin if no punching bag dey handy grin or just be throwing ur punches in d empty air grin
lol..e don burst be dat
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 2:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
Mikecold:
lol, I see anger as energy o, i would rather channel it towards my job or a chore.

Before you know its burnt and it's actually funny how you can do these acts without knowing when you did it
Maybe a productive anger can be channeled for positive use...
I'm not sure you know of paralysing and destructive anger that can only be channeled to wreak havoc on things or people, except if you have constraint or measures to defuse it.
Some anger won't even leave your head, and will torment you if you don't defuse it...na da anger I dey talk o...no be your kind of anger that challanges u to be better at what you do
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Apination(m): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
People ask me how I manage to stay calm in every situation and I tell them, its all a matter of perception. The way you act and react boils down to your worldview, people are bound to act stupidly, it's a choice, to get angry is also a choice I have to make, I hate stressing myself so I just excuse your foolishness and play cool.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

Maybe a productive anger can be channeled for positive use...
I'm not sure you know of paralysing and destructive anger that can only be channeled to wreak havoc on things or people, except if you have constraint or measures to defuse it.
Some anger won't even leave your head, and will torment you if you don't defuse it...na da anger I dey talk o...no be your kind of anger that challanges u to be better at what you do
Guy i am talking of destructive anger that makes you want to smash someone or payback.

Anger whichever one (is first an energy from adenaline) that needs to be burnt on something, it is we humans that can channel what that thing should be.

At this particular time only revenge, destruction seems to be the focus for some people.

This does not mean you can't maybe pickup a mop stick and start mopping your apartment while still on that mood.

After a while you would get exhausted
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Lotechi(m): 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

Smoking or drinking has not been recommended as anger management technique
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 15, 2021
tunize:
That is becos guys like us who dont drink nor smoke have natural high na follow come from belle. Wen i'm angry i just keep shut and walk away.
lol, i thought i am the only one on this category.

The things i can do with my clear eyes scares me like hell
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by God2man2again(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
Anybody can get angry, it is the human nature, when you are provoked by someone or someone mistakenly spit on you. Anybody can be provoked to get angry. The Bible says, be angry but sin not.

Sometimes anger could be hereditary or a spiritual problem. It could also be demon influenced. The solution is to be honest and sincere with yourself, talk to God about your weakness, tell God to help you to put your body under control with the help of the holy Spirit.

Another thing is to use your previous experience to boost your happy mode by just smiling or keep silent at the slightest provocation. Have it at the back of your mind that people will always get on your nerves, be prepared for it anytime, when you have this knowledge, you can easily master and put your anger under control.

Take time to rest or see your Doctor.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
Lotechi:
Smoking or drinking has not been recommended as anger management technique

Look at the English you are typing... something works for someone and you are talking about one recommendation... Recommendation by who??
So you have to be recommended before u make life decisions
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Roon9(m): 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

Lol...I think you need the book more than I do

Lmao
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2021
Mikecold:
Guy i am talking of destructive anger that makes you want to smash someone or payback.

Anger whichever one (is first an energy from adenaline) that needs to be burnt on something, it is we humans that can channel what that thing should be.

At this particular time only revenge, destruction seems to be the focus for some people.

This does not mean you can't maybe pickup a mop stick and start mopping your apartment while still on that mood.

After a while you would get exhausted
Lol...I can't get this style. it's alien to me..might work for you Sha...
I think I now remember how a gal told me once she's angry she just go into her room pick Al dirty clothes and start washing..lol. sounds to me like a compulsive behavior triggered by anger
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

Lol...I can't get this style. it's alien to me..might work for you Sha...
I think I now remember how a gal told me once she's angry she just go into her room pick Al dirty clothes and start washing..lol. sounds to me like a compulsive behavior triggered by anger
Yes o, it works for many of us.

The funny thing is those years when i relied on alcohol to cure anger, it only makes you tipsy and out of touch with reality.

Drunk state can make one more vulnerable, it can make you spend beyond reach and when you see the guy that makes you angry the next day, you still think he hasn't gotten a taste from you
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2021
Mikecold:
Yes o, it works for many of us.

The funny thing is those years when i relied on alcohol to cure anger, it only makes you tipsy and out of touch with reality.

Drunk state can make one more vulnerable, it can make you spend beyond reach and when you see the guy that makes you angry the next day, you still think he hasn't gotten a taste from you
Yes spending beyond reach happens many times.. sometimes anger or stress and unease trigger me to spending inordinately just to divert my attention to something pleasurable that cools my temper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbo Custom On Bride Price Wicked, Evil Ungodly, Says Ondo Court / Sex And Your Marriage: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Writes / 'My Pastor Said My Husband Planted A Killer-Charm In My Body' - Nigerian Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.