Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR (37217 Views)

Shi’ites Clash With El-rufai’s Convoy, Four Dead / Ekene Bob: Amaechi Will Still Fly APC Flag With El-Rufai As His Running Mate / Goodluck Jonathan With His Daughter Faith, Her Husband And Grandchildren (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by poseidon12: 12:04am On Feb 16, 2021
EzeNri:
Jonathan should accept the offer but picks another person as VP.

Many Igbos will vote for him including myself.

I hope you are speaking strictly for yourself as far as whether Igbos will support GEJ or not. Only a stupid Igbo will support such arrangement. I guess you think Igbos are spectators or visitors in the race for Nigerian Presidency.

1 Like

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by zeedrous: 12:08am On Feb 16, 2021
hit me up
Godswealth2021:
boss,abeg u fit release 500k out of the money for business n it will be on 70-30 percentage sharing.

u will take 70 n I take 30.

there is business plan n we can meet for negotiation
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by yemmywesey(m): 12:09am On Feb 16, 2021
I no want el- rufai, he will be worst than abacha, he will institutionalize fulanisation, islamization and rugaism agenda.
good luck Jonathan will be the greatest fool if he choose to be president again, cause he will be like a dummy president he won't be able to control el rufai, he will serve and develop the north and look away from his southern brethren.
south must use 8years now, let's pick people like Dave umahi, orji kalu, peter obi, fayemi.
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by sterlingD(m): 12:14am On Feb 16, 2021
ProfessorBerlin:
Nothing concern me. Madrid made my day yesterday. I won 2.7 million naira.
Make l join you too chill with my cup of drink.Nigeria now na the more you see the less you understand

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by yemmywesey(m): 12:15am On Feb 16, 2021
ProfessorBerlin:
Nothing concern me. Madrid made my day yesterday. I won 2.7 million naira.

bros I want to do drivers license. I just got my nin
I need help from you.
acct, 0017062797 gtb
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by vannessa7(f): 12:19am On Feb 16, 2021
CSTRR:
What will Yorubas do now?

You mean what will igbos do now, the Jonathan you crave for is being given to you but with serious baggage,

2 Likes

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by johntolu: 12:27am On Feb 16, 2021
Tvoice:

They are confused elements They wanted power at all cost , and they got it but where so foolish not to use it well , if Jonathan accepts this offer den he is d biggest fool on earth after all the insults they spewed at him plus all the names they called him , everything they accused him of they have done times 3 of it and even worse , now they want him back ? What a kwantry .

All the insults amount to nothing, Bros.
We are talking about occupying the highest office in the land and you are making reference to mere insults that does not count in politics.
Insults and name calling is part of politics worldwide by your political opponents.
I am sure Jonathan will grab the offer with both hands and legs if offered to him.
The guy does not owe anyone any apology if he decides to go for it and he should care less whether his ambition deprives the South of 2 terms or whatever complaints anyone might have against him accepting the offer.
The running mate choice of Hell Rufia or Hell Shekau is also inconsequential because everything in Nigeria politics is about self interest and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by BecomeALandLord(m): 12:33am On Feb 16, 2021
Dead on arrival
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by PoloG: 12:33am On Feb 16, 2021
aviara:
The south west don't know the taste of betrayal but they are about to taste it In 2023. The other regions in the south are very ready to support any candidate in any other region apart from south west candidate to win the presidency.
carp.. betrayal kill you there... when the south supported the north against our own candidates in the 19's , you didn't say betrayal..
Support who you want to support and stfu

1 Like

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by netmillionaires(m): 12:36am On Feb 16, 2021
What's this one saying? What brought Tinubu and South West into the discussion!

We are talking about how Buhari and the North is trying to shortchange the south, this one is talking about Thnubu and SouthWest.

What happens to other vibrant APC members from the South East or South South. Why Jonathan. You go get sense last last when the bloodshed gets to your doorstep.
Jonathan39:
When tinubu and some Fools from South West supported Buhari what were they doing? Supporting the South? Una never see anything

1 Like

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by johntolu: 12:37am On Feb 16, 2021
Cheqkelly:
using Jonathan is ok by me at least it's time to implement the 2014 confab..how see am?

The Northern 'power brokers' will not give him that leverage. That is the reason why they will insist on choosing his Vice for him.
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by TheOgaBoss: 12:43am On Feb 16, 2021
nabiz:
So that gej will do 4 years and give elrufi opportunity to continue their useless agender
u hit the nail right in the head, gej is only eligible for one more tenure, they want to short change the South and allow the South only 4 years, and then bring in a demonic El rufai.
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by MrChinanu: 12:47am On Feb 16, 2021
I don't think the idea will sail. This article explained it better https:///3bd8Jt8
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by johntolu: 12:47am On Feb 16, 2021
IYANGBALI:
hell rufai can never and will never be loyal to GEJ. Wrong combination

GEJ has no choice in who becomes his Vice.
He takes whatever package given to him or it is given to any of his willing South South brothers ready to play ball.

1 Like

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by johntolu: 12:54am On Feb 16, 2021
akin9ja78:

What you people don’t know is Tinubu is the brain box behind the little development in this administration. If we allow the man it will be modern Nigeria. If we nor allow tinubu preside na Nigeria loss i tell you

How do you mean?
There is so much more hunger and deprivation in the country than at anytime in the history of Nigeria.
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by SonOfTheRisingS: 1:01am On Feb 16, 2021
Fulani jihadist are very desperate right now to have access into Biafra forests and bushes through worthless general elections.

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by johntolu: 1:02am On Feb 16, 2021
Thetruthshallse:
I think the terrorist north has done it again, the time has come for the south west to line up behind the south east presidency. If not for anything just to show the treacherous north that the country don't belong to them.

Th he SW/SE political alliance will never work against NW/NE/SS candidate.
The Northern candidate might actually receive more than 40% of SE votes.

1 Like

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by lanchy: 1:12am On Feb 16, 2021
Nigerians should close their eyes, grit their teeth and vote for someone with education who has run their own business as a success.

We cannot continue to vote for career polit-thief-cians who only know how to steal and oppress people. We don't have long before they destroy everything with their greed!!

Also, any current governor involved in the killing of Christians/Muslims in his state, MUST never be elected!!

#Educated President
#Economic minded President
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by johntolu: 1:15am On Feb 16, 2021
geedrone:
Jonathan can’t contest after first term. Therefore power returns to Arewa through Hell Rufai.

Why do these almajiris of north in form of politicians believe that they are more brilliant than others in Nigeria?

Common political agenda cum interests to exploit the Nigerian state to the fullest.
They also have willing stooges in the South, who are willing to do their bidings.
I am sure you remember the infamous ABN and
YEA-A groups under IBB & GSA regimes.

1 Like

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by Deadlytruth(m): 1:17am On Feb 16, 2021
aviara:

The Yoruba's are responsible for the present mess we found ourselves as a nation. They discredited the Jonathan's regime and supported a northern candidate at the expense of the south. Will you really blame him if he decides to accept the offer and complete his second term which he was denied of in 2015?

Blame the likes of Tinubu, Laid Mohammed, Bukola Saraki, Rotimu Amechi etc who were too blinded by their respective political ambitions and interests.
What has always kept me in a state of puzzle about this your kind of narrative that has been peddled since 2015 is whether if Jonathan himself had had a second term he too wouldn't have handed over power to a Fulani moslem that the PDP would have chosen as his successor in 2019. So how would you have avoided the continuation of this present situation of the country which even remotely started from the Yaradua administration which Jonathan was an integral part of? If we are to be very honest with ourselves and not seek political correctness we would rather admit that the present situation of Northerners unproductive and retrogressive dominance of power has its roots in the 1999 decision of the SS and SE to collude with the North in recycling the failure called Obasanjo who they preferred for no reason of good leadership credentials but for his credentials of having being their trusted stooge from the South . Didn't Yorubas warn us SS and SE about what bleak future an Obasanjo choice over Falae held out for Nigeria's political stability and prosperity on the long run? Or you think the undesirable happenings of today could be treated in isolation from Obasanjo's misrule?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by pasol4real(m): 1:26am On Feb 16, 2021
sweetonugbu:
I rather vote for Tinubu who will spend 8 years than Jonathan who will spend four years, any candidate from South that is supported by the northern cabal is bad news and disaster for Nigerian progress.
I would rather a northerner rule for 20 more years than for Tinubu or any afonja for that matter
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 16, 2021
netmillionaires:
What's this one saying? What brought Tinubu and South West into the discussion!

We are talking about how Buhari and the North is trying to shortchange the south, this one is talking about Thnubu and SouthWest.

What happens to other vibrant APC members from the South East or South South. Why Jonathan. You go get sense last last when the bloodshed gets to your doorstep.

His sort will never have sense. A parochial and vendetta-driven outlook has destroyed the space where commonsense lives in his head.

2 Likes

Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by Germi9: 1:59am On Feb 16, 2021
Mrshocker:
Stupid political analysis
i tire
what kind of news is this?doesn't follow at all
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by AreaFada2: 1:59am On Feb 16, 2021
Racoon:

Same Jonathan they spent 4 years till date insulting as clueless & incompetent? So the almajiri schools they allowed to waste away denouncing them were good after all? Now they know what true cluelessness & damage the bigotry/nepotism of Buhari have done to the nation? These people are really wicked.

Meanwhile, what gives them the assurance that Nigeria will remain an entity then given the wide gulf division the Buhari government have bequeathed on this nation today?

What becomes of the ambition of Bola Tinubu, Yahaya Bello, Dave Umahi, VP Osinbajo and other gladiators in the APC waiting for their turn.Jonathan should never fall for this bait because the north are desperately looking for a willing stooge.

Nigeria is programmed to fail from it foundation.All this nation needs now is total disintegration for regions to manage themselves.

I will encourage GEJ to take it even if just to spoil the game for some people who out of bigotry condemned everything GEJ did, no matter how laudable it actually was. It doesn't matter if he wins or loses.
Some people who envied GEJ because of the blessing GOD bestowed on him do not deserve that same opportunity. Simple.
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by AFONJACOW(m): 2:15am On Feb 16, 2021
Liposure:
APC should look elsewhere. Jonathan is done and dusted in nigerian politics. Tinubu is there, they can go and meet him even tho he's not liked by some people in the party. For me, he's the most suitable choice. They need to act fast and stop running helter skelter in search of a perfect candidate. 2023 is around the corner.
we have seen how he and his family has been ruling Lagos State since 1999 .... NEXT PLEASE
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by zinizta: 2:18am On Feb 16, 2021
Rugaria:
Willing tool....
They so much believe his placid character and naive brand of politics that they can only trust him in the whole south not to rock the boat and to handover to them whenever they demand for "their power".. Essentially, Jonathan is now the most useful tool in the hands of a wired caliphate desperate to subjugate the south for percuniary interests.. It won't fly...

Faxxxxxxxxx
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by oneguy7: 2:41am On Feb 16, 2021
Godswealth2021:
boss,abeg u fit release 500k out of the money for business n it will be on 70-30 percentage sharing.

u will take 70 n I take 30.

there is business plan n we can meet for negotiation
bro chat me up 08136286975 let negotiate
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by Godswealth2021: 2:43am On Feb 16, 2021
cetiyung:
Message me
yes sir can I have your WhatsApp number sir
Re: APC Plans To Pair Jonathan With El-Rufai For 2023 Presidential Ticket - SR by Nobody: 2:43am On Feb 16, 2021
pasol4real:

I would rather a northerner rule for 20 more years than for Tinubu or any afonja for that matter

Unfortunately for you, you can't prevent Tinubu or an "afonja" ruling. It's about the worth of the Yorubas to Nigeria and not getting them disillusioned with our Nation.

Several Northern governors were in Oyo brokering peace talk with Governor Makinde. The North has not dared to revenge the development in Oyo as the whole world always told us "crazy and wild Northerners" would do because their leaders know, beyond the chestbeating Nigerians love engaging in, who would lose out as shit just got real with the Yorubas.

How long have Fulanis been butchering innocent people in the middle-belt with no repercussion, concern or effort from their governors to broker peace? Has the North now suddenly developed a conscience or is it because it is the Yorubas now primed to take them on?

What Igwe did Buhari invite, as he invited Ooni over Igboho, when Kanu was acting up in the SE?

#EndSARS, before it was hijacked by vested interest, and the development across the SW recently show that Nigeria is unraveling fast after decades of the North getting their regressive ways.

I really would like to see the North, through the APC, try and continue in power beyond Buhari and sideline the SW. You people don't understand that hating Yorubas and the SW is not enough to deny their importance and worth in the real world.

Most Yorubas are fuming smoke right now and ready to change it for Northerners and their leaders know this. That is why they never let any 'quit notice' type of mischief deployed against Igbos gain traction against Yorubas living in the North because, unlike Igbos, they know Yorubas, this time, are looking forward to it and ready to retaliate and the fact is that our retaliation will hurt them badly not the other way round.

You hateful IPOBians never live in the real. You just hate blindly. Fact is Yorubas are now getting disillusioned with Nigeria as others, like Igbos, have impotently being for a long time now. Yet the North know it is Yoruba united disillusionment with Nigeria that will translate into actions that will hurt them.

Goodluck with them openly trying to cheat Yoruba leaders and Tinubu. You Igbos may hate Tinubu but even Yorubas who hate him see the patent wrong and injustice in what the North are doing to him despite the fact he gave and sacrificed a lot honorably, twice, to help Buhari and the North gain power.

Whoever you are, you are not supposed to work diligently for a year to be told you should get lost without any salary. Even those who don't like you will fight for the injustice against you.

When Yorubas unite against open injustice done to them then things like political, religious or sectional divide pales into insignificance in the eyes of the Yorubas..

I predicted Buhari's win in 2014, from the dynamics of things, and most of what we are seeing today because I am not sentimental.

Let us see the backlash if the North obeys haters like you to cheat and disenfranchise "Afonja" as you Igbos want to see.

What you Igbos will never understand, perhaps because you're not deeply honorable, is that Yorubas are not telling anyone it must be us.

What most Yorubas would really be offended by is the injustice of being openly cheated by the APC when many gave all they have for the Party because of the belief in the honor of others and the gentleman notion that one good turn deserves another and not treachery or open backstabbing.

In short the North can do their worst and I encourage them to. How Yorubas respond to that and the consequences for Nigeria, is what is important. Bookmark this post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Attends Ado Bayero's Jumaat Prayer (photos) / Appeal Court Sacks Senator Egyegbola / Aisha Buhari Leaves UK For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.