Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison (57597 Views)

Court Grants Obinwanne Okeke "Invictus Obi" Permission To See Dentist / Obinwanne Okeke Invictus Obi Has Associates That Need Investigating / Obinwanne Okeke: Invictus Obi Forbes 100 Most Influential Young African In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Jman06(m): 6:43am On Feb 17, 2021
ovieigho:

He is not resident of USA in the first place

I’m happy 10yrs is still better than the maximum 20yrs

Aom even got 80yrs for cyber crime

God will see him through

God will see him through

People like you are the reason why many don't believe in God

5 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Kingzjayzee: 6:45am On Feb 17, 2021
go n prepare ur asshole cos it's gonna be a long ride. if u know u know.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by northvietnam(m): 6:48am On Feb 17, 2021
He is one lucky guy ...

10 years means 5years cuz America counts day and night . And his sentence begins from the day he was arrested... he was picked up in 2019, and this is 2021, so almost 3 years gone .

The guy will be out in 2 years and half time
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Neddstark: 6:48am On Feb 17, 2021
I feel the 10 years was because he co-operated with the law and snitched on others. I remember after his arrest many Naija scam guys in US were implicated.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Godbless3(m): 6:51am On Feb 17, 2021
You see this life? No dey quick to celebrate people success and bragging about them.
All his fans are now criticizing him.
Life no balance at all.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by brightalo1010: 6:53am On Feb 17, 2021
tillaman:
Wow, I believe he must have cut a deal with them feds because these people nor dey wan hear fraud especially when a Nigerian is involved
Invictus is one lucky dude because he won’t even do the whole time (10 years) he will probably be out in another 5 years
He go don sing to the feds, little birdie

How many years were they supposed to give him for fraud? Cut a deal with him as in bribe them or what?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Daniella2252(f): 6:53am On Feb 17, 2021
MT:

You are such an idiot and the long arm of the law will catch up with you soon. You want a Nigeria that looks like the US but you want to continue living a reckless life as a citizen.

Get this into your thick skull, all the money he might have stashed away would have become valueless in 10years time as Inflation would have set in. Not to talk of emotional trauma and depression that would overwhelm him.

This Invictus that you see today being sentenced, you will never meet no more as life and frustration would have finished me inside the prison before he is released in 10years time, if he ever makes it out.

Easy na.. why another man problem wan finish you ?

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by FashionCookie(f): 6:56am On Feb 17, 2021
An average Nigerian is a thief, so please let's hear word with the Yahoo boys shit. Was in one of the Local Goverment secretariat the other day. Just to move a file to the other office for the HPM's signature, this guy was asking for money. Like if he's not bribed, he won't move the file. Like play like play, that file sat on that table for weeks! Abi na church? Let me not even start with that one bcus I no go type finish today. Yahoo boys are the noise makers flaunting I'll gotten wealth(mostly with no backup business as disguise) So, it's only natural that judgement must start with them.

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Hiploko(m): 6:59am On Feb 17, 2021
If you are a fraudster,

Repent o
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:00am On Feb 17, 2021
If you dey do yahoo, E NO GO EVER BETTER FOR YOU!

Na curse I curse you so

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Oyerinde16(m): 7:01am On Feb 17, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
Ooh poor ANUSshocked

the poor tin go red before 2031

10 years in prison is not the same 10years outside... A week in prison is counted 5 days, and he has already spent about 3 years which will be deducted from his sentence... He has about 6-7/ more years behind bars...
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by tillaman(m): 7:03am On Feb 17, 2021
brightalo1010:

How many years were they supposed to give him for fraud? Cut a deal with him as in bribe them or what?
cut a deal as in rat out his accomplices
Agree to Tell the feds what they want to hear then they will cut you a deal
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by adexpa(m): 7:03am On Feb 17, 2021
MT:

You are such an idiot and the long arm of the law will catch up with you soon. You want a Nigeria that looks like the US but you want to continue living a reckless life as a citizen.

Get this into your thick skull, all the money he might have stashed away would have become valueless in 10years time as Inflation would have set in. Not to talk of emotional trauma and depression that would overwhelm him.

This Invictus that you see today being sentenced, you will never meet no more as life and frustration would have finished me inside the prison before he is released in 10years time, if he ever makes it out.

You caught my attention brother, going through the whole comments I was speechless and came up with a conclusion that majority of Nigerians are potential criminals who never got the opportunity, most people that complain about corruption did so because they never get the opportunity to steal. You can imagine people saying different things on how he will get out early, some are even saying prayers for him to come out early.
Ordinary one year in prison is a big blow especially when guilty of the offense, the trauma, the shame and other things will not make him forgive himself by the time he left, people think his case is like Obasanjo and Madela who later became president, they forgot that those ones were not guilty, they were jailed for political sentiment n activism for freedom.
I hope we can get things right and not allow poverty of mind to push us into manipulations and short ways to success, seeing the guy's investment and activities I am sure the guy could have made it in life without fraud cus he is smart business wise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by showafrica(m): 7:05am On Feb 17, 2021
smile11s:
Life no balance at all.

So he will not speak pigin or Igbo for the next 10 years? Chai crime no dey pay. For this short life wey we get, 10 years will be locked up in a dungeon dream of thick walls and criminals?

My brother look at it from another angle. US prison is better than 70% Nigerian homes. Also note that, the way Nigeria is going, 80% will be broke from now till next 10yrs. The kind insecurity in Nigeria, Ivintus is likely to be safe than an average Nigerian roaming the streets. You think 10yrs is much, its simply Buhari tenure plus Atiku or Tinubu tenure. My brother, the only thing Ivintus will miss is steady straffing and some freedom but he is better than an average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 17, 2021
musajo1:
The igbo people are notorious for fraudulent activities.Idiots!

wgat is your tribe notorious for? idiot!
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by coputa(m): 7:07am On Feb 17, 2021
America constitution and judicial system are pro human, imagine giving just ten years jail term,for such a high caliber crime..
No wonder they say that America is "God owns country" .
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by payloader(m): 7:09am On Feb 17, 2021
God will see him through for defrauding people of their hard earned cash? Please, don't drag God into this mess
ovieigho:

God will see him through

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 17, 2021
Midas01:
God will see him through what exactly?

because he thief be say make them kill am? in the eyes of God thief 1 naira, you go alsp go hell fire with person wey theif 10 billion. you are not God. if he genuinely repents, God would forgive him and see him through his time in jail. if to say na so God dey reason, nobody for dey this earth again including you.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by chucsmoore(m): 7:10am On Feb 17, 2021
E remain Hush NWA poppi cheesy
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 17, 2021
smile11s:

He will not do the 10 years. He will be deported early like in 2 to 3 years for good behavior.

Very likely. Max 4 or 5 actual years. Many people gloating and showcasing useless schadenfreude here would still be languishing in poverty, while many others may not even be alive by then.

He's a good kid. God's mercy be upon him.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by mrpassionate(m): 7:13am On Feb 17, 2021
Good behaviour won't cut off 80% of the time.

It's maximum of 50%, And He better be praying no one else mentioned his involvement in another big crime because they can still come for him.

smile11s:

He will not do the 10 years. He will be deported early like in 2 to 3 years for good behaviour.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by jrusky(m): 7:15am On Feb 17, 2021
I remember when some people that love crime way of making money calling it *hussling* were praising this criminal and calling him Odogwu and all kind of praises even gave him award not known he is *Mr wire wire*

I asked the question then *how did he make his money because I did background profilling on him then but could not really seen any serious foundation about him but some of "dem dem" (a.k.a just go make money if even to kill your mother na hussle, just go make money*) came here and attacked me. Now pls I'm challenging you all go to US and free him and lets see.

Crime is not hussling and will never be hussling.

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 17, 2021
ovieigho:

God will see him through
10 years because he admitted guilty by himself with plea bargain
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by seyz91(m): 7:17am On Feb 17, 2021
10years prison sentence is just 5 actual years amd for this reason to me he is favored compare to the magnitude of his Crime

He is lucky sha
smile11s:
Life no balance at all.

So he will not speak pigin or Igbo for the next 10 years? Chai crime no dey pay. For this short life wey we get, 10 years will be locked up in a dungeon dream of thick walls and criminals?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by ovieigho(m): 7:20am On Feb 17, 2021
Jman06:
God will see him through

People like you are the reason why many don't believe in God
That’s because you don’t read your Bible

Who cares if you believe in God or not

God don’t care either...
Still he still remains God
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by africandollar: 7:20am On Feb 17, 2021
My guy should quickly go and rewatch Oz series to get some pointers on how to survive in cut-throat American prisons grin lipsrsealed
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by OlawaleBammie: 7:21am On Feb 17, 2021
Oyerinde16:

10 years in prison is not the same 10years outside... A week in prison is counted 5 days, and he has already spent about 3 years which will be deducted from his sentence... He has about 6-7/ more years behind bars...

Aahh, bro u be warder or ex conv.......ni?? grin

see as u analyze am thoroughly grin

But even if a year is counted a day in a prison, the anus go still hear nweehn!

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Kobicove(m): 7:21am On Feb 17, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
If he didn't flaunt the stolen wealth using it for motivational talk, FBI wouldn't have investigated him but nah he had to show legitimately working Nigerians how lazy they are and entrepreneural he is.

Serves him better.

Motivational speakers gang.

You're very right...he's one of those who insult people's intelligence by telling you how they started a restaurant with just 2 plates and a cup of rice grin

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by juniorstar(m): 7:24am On Feb 17, 2021
chai..what happens to his child, wife,family the stigma, does he even have a stash fund somewhere. for him to get 10yrs he must have snitched on some of his co- con artist. crime doesn't pay it gives you one and takes ten.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by BREYZ: 7:24am On Feb 17, 2021
Heterodox:
yen yen yen yen. Okoro go do 10yrs fresh.

What do you know? Empty brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) / I Consented To Sex Because I Like Doing It - 12 Year Old Tells Court / A man was disgraced by a sex worker at Ajao estate, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.