Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? (11643 Views)

40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / 10 DEADLY Mistakes Men Make With Women They Have Feelings For. / My Relationship With Women Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by ektbear: 10:28pm On Apr 08, 2011
I don't like talking on the phone. I'm not good at it, I get distracted easily if the conversation drags on too long. What I usually do now when a girl is talking to long is to put on speaker phone and just do something else. And then say "unh hunh" periodically so she thinks I'm listening.

But I think this is going to one day get me in trouble.

So how do I deal with this? Is there a polite way of preventing phone conversations from dragging on too long? I figure 10-15 minutes a day is more than enough time. . . anything else, people should just say in person.

What do you guys think? Am I out of line here? Should I just suck it up and listen, no matter how much I don't want to?
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2011
can be disastrous if u get caught, it's hard to suck up and listen if you dont to want, suggest u make up an excuse (that will not work all the time sha)
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2011
Too bad, deal with it.

This is what happens when you're not with  your own women; an Ekiti woman. We prefer to cut to the chase. . . .oju e ri! tongue tongue
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by isalegan2: 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2011
naijababe:

can be disastrous if u get caught, it's hard to suck up and listen if you dont to want, suggest u make up an excuse (that will not work all the time sha)

Say that again, but in English this time.  Or in Egun.  Whatever.

btw, Dapo/Eku/Ekt-Bear, you couldn't get a better adviser on this subject.  You might want to talk to her on the phone though so she can make it clear.  tongue
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2011
Ileke, does that mean i'm not allowed to look the way of an ekiti man? I don't even want to look sef, all of una be ara oko
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
Don't ask open ended questions  grin

ask questions that require a yes or a no.  grin grin

and if you dont want her to be suspicious, ocassionally ask for her opinion on things.
if she brings up irrelevant things such as "beef with other women, taste in fashion, her itinerary for the week (month, year), blah blah,"
then kindly and smoothly interrupt and be slick about it when you change the subject  wink

ex:
"yes hun, that's great/i understand/ wow! so did you hear about. . . .??/in my opinion/ so how was. . .??"

lol i dont know oo! LOL Chatterboxes are hard to deal with but it can be done.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by ektbear: 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2011
Good advice so far. I didn't realize she was a chatterbox at first. But she is the type of person who will start saying something, then go into tangent, after tangent, after tangent. I don't mind when this happens in person over dinner/watching tv/social event/etc, I can sort of multi-task and not get bored in those situations.

But when it is over the phone. . . frikking drains the energy out of me.

I dunno. I don't want to be rude either lest it cause a silly argument.

The fear I have with changing the subject or askng additional questions is it only prolongs the convo. That is why I try to stick to "hmms", and "unh hunh".

Keep the advice coming folks.

naijababe:

Ileke, does that mean i'm not allowed to look the way of an ekiti man? I don't even want to look sef, all of una be ara oko
Bush farmer or something?  undecided Who told you that?  grin
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Bush farmer or something?  undecided Who told you that?  grin
LOL Dont mind that girl. . . . she doesnt know that Ekiti men are the best lipsrsealed

naijababe:

Yes oh, no looking cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Nekai(f): 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2011
I'm going to base my response on personality assessment. I have a few questions first:

Is she the super warm and caring type? Meaning is she the very romantic type?

Is she really strict on time or is she does she have a more laid back when it comes to being on time?
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 08, 2011
LOL Dont mind that girl. . . . she doesnt know that Ekiti men are the best

Dream on jare
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by xxcarolxx(f): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2011
I thought i was the only person that can get bored with talking on the phone, be carefull, my bf has asked me are my ears open, and i say yes, so if he ever asks to repeat what he has just said, im up de creek with out a paddle,
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by MrsChima(f): 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2011
IF they are rambling that is entirely different than a person saying something of substance.

IF a chick is talking in sequence, no damn wonder you distracted.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by BABE3: 11:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
lol, This is hilarious, because I just ended a 3-hr plus phone conversation with a friend of mine.

I just called the guy to say "HI" o, from there I can't even remember what happened. I had to put the phone on speaker when my hand was paining me, lol

And that "uhn uhn uhn" moment happened like hundred times.

Him: So the girl was checking me out at the club and everything, bla---bla---bla-----bla--
Me: Uhn uhn
Him: So was I wrong?
Me: What? Sorry? uhhhhmmmm, can you repeat yourself
Him: Do you want me to hang up? angry
Me: No, ahn ahn talk now, I'm listening jo!, (ode), lol grin

Him: What are you doing?
Me: (shouting) I'm vacuuming!
Him: Aight!
**In my mind I was like, what kind of a guy is this. Dude hung up, now*****lol

Anyways, if you really have to avoid them, then just tell'em you have important things to do, bla---bla--bla. And if you don't have anything to do for real, Just bare it, I guess undecided

oh Yh, P.S: they guy is not really a good/close friend yet. If it was one of my close buddies, i'll just tell them they're talking too much and I have things to do. Kapish!
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by LordReed(m): 11:49pm On Apr 08, 2011
ekt if you can stand it in person what makes a phone convo different? It's still the two of you abi are you a jekyl n hyde?

I think you should apply whatever method you use in person to the phone convo and save yourself all this stress.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 09, 2011
The Last Midnight Call i had with a babe she was just talking about Marriage and Her Love-life two topics that hits my Sleep Mode easily,slept on the conservation like 20mins later,seriously i hate long conversation anything more than 30mins is too much for me.except i really love(which is rare) the babe,1 hour tops.i aint no vampire even daemon salvatore needs to sleep at night. cool

1 Like

Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by MsPotato(f): 2:48am On Apr 09, 2011
I dont like to stay on phone too long as well and I dont really like serious chats too in person unless if the chat or phone chat is going to be a very funny one. I thought if I tell Lord_Reed that he might get offended but he didnt. Instead, now he is putting alot of funny chats in our conversation to get me attracted to it so I guess telling her wont be such a bad thing poster. wink
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Pweety4me(f): 2:52am On Apr 09, 2011
I don't know, never heard this complaint from a guy before. undecided tongue
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by chic2pimp(m): 3:50am On Apr 09, 2011
I'm feeling all drowsy and dizzy. Heading straight to bed now. Absloutely knackered I tell ya. Been talking to this chic on the phone for well over 4 and the half hours and I categorically state that only 15 minutes of that conversation was about important issues. The rest . . . . well let me put it this way, I'd rather have pins,nails and needles surgically attached to my parts whilst at the same time watching paint dry than ever having to listen to that four hours of undiluted dross ever again.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by MsPotato(f): 4:37am On Apr 09, 2011
chic2pimp:

I'm feeling all drowsy and dizzy. Heading straight to bed now. Absloutely knackered I tell ya. Been talking to this chic on the phone for well over 4 and the half hours and I categorically state that only 15 minutes of that conversation was about important issues. The rest . . . . well let me put it this way, I'd rather have pins,nails and needles surgically attached to my parts whilst at the same time watching paint dry than ever having to listen to that four hours of undiluted dross ever again.

4 hours shocked shocked shocked Bloody hell!!! What did you talk about? The whole world? undecided Na waaa oooo!!!!! In four hours I can do many many things that time!
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by kandiikane(m): 4:48am On Apr 09, 2011
The easiest way is to call her three times a day,
In Morning(morning,how did you sleep and all that etc, babe will call you later in the day alright, done)
Afternoon(hows your day going so far, what are you up to, do not engage her in a question which will bring up long conversations, etc, done)
Night(good night, love you and whatever you want her to hear before she goes to bed etc, done) 15/3= 5mins each

Simples,

It works but just make sure once in a while you engage her in a bit of a convo were you allow her to just talk you know hear her out, smiley
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by fstranger3(m): 4:58am On Apr 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Dont mind that girl. . . . she doesnt know that Ekiti men are the best   lipsrsealed
Yes oh, no looking  cheesy cheesy tongue

Are Ekiti women this rude in real life? grin

@topic: Women will always be women. They talk a lot, but make little sense. Anyway, hang in there. Keep your mind focused on the goal/prize grin
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Pweety4me(f): 5:14am On Apr 09, 2011
^^Is that all ur about?
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by fstranger3(m): 5:15am On Apr 09, 2011
Pweety4me:

^^Is that all your about?

What do you mean?
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Pweety4me(f): 5:16am On Apr 09, 2011
^^Chasing women & kitten?
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by fstranger3(m): 5:18am On Apr 09, 2011
Pweety4me:

^^Chasing women & kitten?

How am I doing that on this thread?
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Pweety4me(f): 5:19am On Apr 09, 2011
Isn't that alll u ever do on nl?EDIOT!
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by fstranger3(m): 5:21am On Apr 09, 2011
Pweety4me:

Isn't that alll u ever do on nl?EDIOT!

Since we started talking, I have stopped.

Anything for you Pweety4me. Anything for you! grin
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Pweety4me(f): 5:24am On Apr 09, 2011
If i had a gun or ever got the chance to meet you i would shoot you right in the mouth & eye!!
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by fstranger3(m): 5:27am On Apr 09, 2011
Pweety4me:

If i had a gun or ever got the chance to meet you i would shoot you right in the mouth & eye!!

If its done out of love, I'd gladly take the shot(s) grin
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Pweety4me(f): 5:31am On Apr 09, 2011
Your case is psychological!
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by dayokanu(m): 6:00am On Apr 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Too bad, deal with it.

This is what happens when you're not with  your own women; an Ekiti woman. We prefer to cut to the chase. . . .oju e ri! tongue tongue

Is thee something you want to tell us?
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by jaybee3(m): 6:52am On Apr 09, 2011
Well you gotta start making excuses if she is someone you don't wanna hurt.
Battery is getting low and fone gotta cut off in a min should come in handy.

Personally though, I usually have 'em sorta things defined before getting involved in relationships.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Girl Friend Urinates Alot During Sex; Is It Normal? / Emancipating Men From Pussy Slavery. / What A Battered Pussy Looks Like ..pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.