Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? (11664 Views)

40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / 10 DEADLY Mistakes Men Make With Women They Have Feelings For. / My Relationship With Women Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by ektbear: 7:32am On Apr 09, 2011
Appreciate the advice folks.

I'll try some of your suggestions and see how they work out.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by dayokanu(m): 8:24am On Apr 09, 2011
You cant keep coming with excuses she would find out.

Just tell her your phone heats up after prolonged use and causes irritation to your ears, Same with bluetooth.

If she is in the same city, She can see you more often or simply move in with you playa
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by kandiikane(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2011
[b]Try mine,it is the best  n it works [/b]cool
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by agboifo(f): 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
You can also cut the line.

Who is to tell the network didn't disconnect you?  It happens all the time smiley

This is how it works:

Say: "Hello, hello, hello, can you hear me?", and then cut the line!
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by mojojojo(m): 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2011
"hey babe,
I love it when we talk. I love listening to you and sharing our thoughts . But sometimes I think we tend to over do it , talk too much any have nothing else to say after. I think I will love you the more if I got to have you in just the right doses."
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by obowunmi(m): 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2011
When I talk with my babe, I fall asleep.
@ OP this is indeed a true concern. She knows I hate being on the phone.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by tlops(m): 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
you're not the only one in that shoe, I've been caught at it, the problem is this one is smart, she says u're not listening once shes hearing repeated hum and yeahs,
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Outstrip(f): 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
My husband just says "absolutely" when he wants to act like he is listening mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. Nonsense
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Sarahluv(f): 5:27pm On Apr 09, 2011
Start giving her gist on football or chess, or whatever your own passions are. Give the gist passionately, and in time she will free you.

Better still, give her gist about Nairaland. Na she go take her hand cut the phone.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by OAM4J: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2011
Cut it short by giving an excuse like 'honey something came up' or 'Sweetheart let me call you back' or anything similar, but dont tell her she talks too much, just deal with it.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by fstranger3(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^^

BTW, are you the guy in Muki's profile?

HINT: Thats Fstranger.

I dey laugh ooooooo

Mu he he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by OAM4J: 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

BTW, are you the guy in Muki's profile?

HINT: Thats Fstranger.

I dey laugh ooooooo

Mu he he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cool cheesy
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Lukenzo: 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2011
I think you just need to always perceive the message she gives before you give your YES, NO or Uhhh! responses. wink
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by psalmson01(m): 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
i just dont like talking with ladies for long it bad
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by 677ano(m): 7:07pm On Apr 09, 2011
I just normally leave the phone and go and do something else grin
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by BABE3: 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^^While the person is still talking? Don't you think that's a lil' rude? cool
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by OAM4J: 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^ not lil' but very very rude. . . but I want to assume he was joking cos of his grin smiley
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by prodam(m): 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2011
you are guys are not being sincere,
you all do these things, in fact you guys are the reason behind mtn magic number
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by sisqology(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2011
tell her you are in the toilet whenever the conversation is gettin longer than u want, she will get irritated and hang up or find a way to do that
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by birdman(m): 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2011
Just wait for a pause or lull in the conversation and interject a "good talking to u, will call you later" or some other random phrase. Wait till she acknowledges then cut the phone immediately. If this doesnt work, its time for prayers lol.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by poweredcom(m): 10:19pm On Apr 09, 2011
@poster,

Me and you na the same, infact what i hate most is BB pinging, you see people these day pinging no relevant issue, if it aint about money, Bleep it, no long talk
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by MeGaStReEt: 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
sometimes, I just cut the call without giving any reason. There is this particular girl, I don't like calling her bkos anytime I call her, maybe just to say hi, she will make me talk and talk and talk, within me I will start regretting why I even dial her number, if I don't know how to tell her to stop, I will just cut the call. network problem is alway the excuse
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2011
wel d best tin 2 do is 2 hang up n switch of d fone.i av a talkative friend lyk dat dat did dis magic number tin n she can talk for hrs especialy on irelevant tins.at 1st i was entertainin ha talkativnes bt it got 2 a stage i cudnt take it anylonga.n so if i'm in d midle of sumtin beta i pik up n say il cal u bak later,am busy at d moment.i dnt even let ha reply b4 hangin up.wen i'm nt busy howeva n she stats bringin up sum irelevant sh1t,n i c she's talkin 2 much 4 me or my hands free is nt around me or my mouth is painin me or i'm tired of listnin 2 ha,i just hang up n switch of my fone n am lyk mabinu,fone mi ku.(am sory my fone went flat).afta d next 2 to 3 hrs wen i c she must av givin up calin me i switch on my fone again.if ur gal friend is sensitiv n u do dat lyk 3 tyms or more.i asure u,she'l stop calin.dats my own way of wardin of talkativs
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by dapachez: 11:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
i hate long phone conversations like mad most especially when the gist aint smooth imagine every minute where are you. talk should be brief and short not all dry and boring
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by hbrednic: 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2011
poster,when u have had enough of the convo,
high the volume of ur radio and drop the phone close to the speakers cheesy cheesy
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by olanshi: 11:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ OP

we have same thing in common,  Infact magic number worsen everything, there was a day she called my phone and while talking to her for awhile I eventually slept off till the next morning,  She call me in the morning, and asked what happened last night while we were talking. I told her I cant really figure what happened all I know is that I woke up around 5am when they are calling Erun asuba in the mosque, Ha ha ha ha!!! she para for me, like poo,   In short Ti e jo ba ti po ju, e ro lo ku.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by dremoney(m): 11:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
Thot this's a personal issue with me

Just dont gerrit, this babe will talk from her flatmate to supervisor down to colleague, up to breakfast, manager and i'll be like WTF's my flipping business.The annoying part's her excitement all through like i dont care if you gbadun my line just listen and spend some boring time with me.

Guess she knows but cant be bothered bout my predicament shocked.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by nairaman66(m): 12:07am On Apr 10, 2011
I am sure you just met her so its normal for you to entertain all her queries in a sequence, With time you'll adjust, If you know what I mean.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by cameronese(m): 12:09am On Apr 10, 2011
Deal with it, answer your call no matter how long it take

grin grin grin grin
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by amor4ce(m): 12:19am On Apr 10, 2011
During a midnight call that I wasn't interested in I was able to change the topic to environmental issues like deforestation and perhaps global warming but she just didn't budge. Fortunately the the call dropped - network wahala.

How about you change the topic of discussion to something like Richard Branson and his space tourism and deep water voyage projects or the recently discovered silent triple star system or geological stresses that result in earthquakes?

But seriously, she enjoys your company,better than loneliness. Perhaps its just the way they are so just endure in good faith.
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by horlajide: 2:09am On Apr 10, 2011
Mheeeen dis thread should have been mine.i hope she doesn’t get to read dis,even if she does its probably for good…….i[b][b] tell u after every conversantn wit dis babe my ear aches[/b][/b]…I guess its already affecting my hearing cos I probably wont hear wen u kall me for the first 5 times
I managed to cope wen it was just midnite kalls lyk telling her”I will be out very early 2day’ or ‘my battery is low ‘nd all dat but [b][b]mtn added to my problem[/b][/b] wen they brought dis magic numba…,
I tell u there are tymes dis gal would even sing like 2 full-length beyonce’s track on fone nd wen she’s done she says “ure not sayin anything or am I disturbin”,many times I felt like yellin [b][b]YESSS[/b][/b]…….the most annoyin part is wen she sees me she acts dumb like she doesn’t talk nd wen I ask her over the fone she says “don’t mind me jare,im shy”………, mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Avoiding Long Phone Conversations With Women? by Jenifa1: 3:58am On Apr 10, 2011
I'm female but hate long phone conversations as well.

somethings you can try:
-if you are getting irritated,  just tell the person that your head is hurting. which isn't a lie because at least psychologically it is.
-or tell the person you need to go do something(eat, work etc)
-your phone is getting hot. some ppl's phone get really hot after a long call.
-battery is dying
-need to take a nap/sleep. yawn to show this
- learn not to pick calls of repeated offenders!! if you see them tell them you are (naturally) lazy at keeping in touch. text them regularly though if you want maintain them as friends. or call them/pick their calls at least once a week.
- if majority of your friends are extroverts, try making friends that are equally or less extroverted than you are. but it's good to have some balance.

if the caller is your gf then you might need to suck it up like ileke-idi suggested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have U Had Sex With Older Women Before / Can You Marry A Nymphomaniac? / Ladies Show Off Their Assets On Twitter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.