Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? (11757 Views)

Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Dreyton36: 8:52am On Feb 25, 2021
Mine ...

I'm a proud Manchester United fan

I started supporting Manchester United in the year 2003 due to my love for Van Nistelrooy who was brought in with the sum of £19M during that time .

Let's see yours this should be fun
And Mods oya do the needful make I no too para kiss
Lights up my kpoli in peace

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by espn(m): 8:54am On Feb 25, 2021
Dreyton36:
Mine ...

I started supporting Manchester United in the year 2003 due to my love for Van Nistelrooy who was brought in with the sum of £19M during that time .

@Mynd44
@Lalasticlala
I used to support real madrid but not passionately. Until when Mourinho and Drogba joined chelsea. 2 of my arsenal friends that support YEYE ASSNAL hated chelsea and always insult Chelsea. I decided to join chelsea to show my support for Mourinho and Drogba. Till date the sky is blue...

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by HaBaE(m): 9:13am On Feb 25, 2021
The Barcelona muffler ma momma gave me @7

21 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by inoki247: 9:28am On Feb 25, 2021
Na wen u play Bet9jaa with 100naira nd wan win 2million na dat time u go know say u no get favorite team cos u will want all the whole team in ur ticket to win shocked shocked

110 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Commonguy(m): 9:28am On Feb 25, 2021
because if how good they are.. won't disclose the club cuz of unnecessary argument..
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2021
I am supporting Juventus because of Ronaldo, anywhere he goes I go cool

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by mompei: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2021
D
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by slawormiir: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Barcelona anyday anytime twice on Thursday...
My love for that club knows no bound

Although I have little feelings for liverpool because of Fernando Torres that year...always love that moment when he is raping man u...and forcing vidic

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by PAWG(m): 9:29am On Feb 25, 2021
Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole

Legends

16 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by ipobarethieves: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2021
cool We are MANCHESTER UNITED cool

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by koms: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2021
Chelsea vs Barca

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by XOGBADO(m): 9:29am On Feb 25, 2021
I support Arsenal.
They might not be at the top but they're on a class of their own

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by aywhy93(m): 9:30am On Feb 25, 2021
I'm an Arsenal fan...

I've always loved the club and their style of play but I started supporting them since 1999/2000 when they signed Kanu. My love for Kanu and Arsenal mixed together turned me to a loyal fan since then.

That Kanu Hatrick in 15 minutes against Chelsea burst my brain die... Since then, I kuku sign a lifetime contract with them. cool

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by A305: 9:30am On Feb 25, 2021
I support Chelsea fc.

Here is how it all started.

Around 2005/6, I remember buying complete sports news paper at least once a week (was sold for 30naira then).

I just loved reading at the time and would read anything I laid my hands on; I loved to do so to broaden my horizon about life. I had been very curious since I was a kid.

So, Everytime I go through that newspaper and other newspaper's back page, I always glanced at the Beclays English Premier League Table and one team seems to always remain at the top, week in, week out. They never drop, at most, they slide to the second position and the following week, they back up and the club name is Chelsea (keep in mind, I didn't know nothing about club football outside of the Nigeria national team at the time), so it always fascinated me how one team kept up at the 100% pace and there are always 3 players names that always shows up amongst the highest goal scores namely: Didier Drogba, Hernen Crespo and Frank Lampard.

I took interest in the team, prior to then though — I had always heard of Barca and how skillful Ronaldinho was, but I never watched any of their laliga games. The EPL domination in the Nigeria mainstream media then; actually indulged my knee interest in the EPL hence, the need to follow up on a team in England.

Subsequently, i started seeing weekend match highlights of how Chelsea FC dominated the league, my goodness.... I was thrilled by their "conquer them all spirit", and I figured these guys took advantage of counter attacks superbly, so you better not be sloppy when playing them — I later learnt that the manager was a no nonsense person and very sensitive hence, they nicknamed him "The special one", I just kept falling in love with the Club. I would design my school books with the club name and players names alike.

Suddenly, Chelsea and Barca are to square up in a champion league match and it's time for me to pick whom to pledge my allegiance to.

I picked Chelsea and have remained with them ever since. And shout out to the owner, Owner Roman Abramovic. A machevellian business man who has taught me a lot about business with the way he manages Chelsea.

The blues for life.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by yetunsbay(m): 9:30am On Feb 25, 2021
As a staunch Man Utd fan. I started supporting years back when Pepsi Academy, Nigeria made a visit to Old Trafford. I was flabbergasted & felt the gargantuan gaga of soccerism

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by affable4(m): 9:30am On Feb 25, 2021
Arsenal fluid attacking and winning team of 1998.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Iamdmentor1(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2021
I support Cristiano Ronaldo. Now I’m a Juventus, Real Madrid and Manchester United fan... in that Order.

34 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by alphaconde(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2021
Liverpool comeback against ac Millan

forever a fan of the reds

31 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by madridguy(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2021
I support Real Madrid because I always support the best.

Hala Madrid till eternity.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Topmaike007(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2021
I bleed white,I am the white myself,I am the crown,I am the king,I am the liquid metal of the whole World, I am REAL MADRID

KAKA TOOK ME TO MADRID FROM THE RED AND BLACK DEVIL (AC MILAN).

AND EVER SINCE THEN MY LOVE FOR REAL MADRID IS WITHOUT MEASURES.

10 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by The5DME(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2021
I support FC Barcelona because that's the club the GOAT plays for.

20 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Femeto: 9:32am On Feb 25, 2021
Thiery Henry my role model. Play footy like him.

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by ohosi4real(m): 9:32am On Feb 25, 2021
I support Chelsea just because of babayari then because I like his playing way. Till date am now a Chelsea fan

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by toprealman: 9:32am On Feb 25, 2021
All Nigerian football lovers started with Arsenal, Chelsea, Baca, Madrid and AC Milan due to the African players in these teams. The dip in form led to cross carpeting. Only those that are naturally faithful, loyal and patient remained with their first love.

9 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by ForeThinker: 9:32am On Feb 25, 2021
Madame WAHALA forr hus too much naa

Man must find something to cool off rather than follow Dy watch paloma

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by zieraw2005(m): 9:32am On Feb 25, 2021
Ronaldinho cos of his skills, later I joined cr7 cos of his achievements and how many hated him.

I love watching cr7 play it gives me a certain happiness

11 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Terrium: 9:32am On Feb 25, 2021
Ok

After watching Arsenal invincibles in 03-04, those guys were just tough to beat and I thought I was a tough kid then.

But now......
A team filled with weak *ss players.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't leave that heart break club.

My girlfriends no fit break my heart like Arsenal and I go still dey faithful.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by peacekante: 9:32am On Feb 25, 2021
Denise bergkamp and ARSENE Wenger made me Support Arsenal

11 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by OlawaleBammie: 9:33am On Feb 25, 2021
The Jersey

The Galacticos

The Anthem

The Stadium

The Legendary figures

The management

The Laurels(34 Liga titles, 19 Copa del Reys, 13 Champions League titles, supercopa de Espana,and so on)

The league

The Culture of the club

The balon d'Or collection

The politics.

The recognition itself grin

ALL HAIL THE TEAM FROM THE ESTADIO SANTIAGO BERNABEU

HALA MADRID

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by chicogentil(m): 9:33am On Feb 25, 2021
Dreyton36:
Mine ...

Same reason

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Team Anambra Wins 18 Medals In 10 Events At National Youth Games In UNILORIN / 2019-20 NPFL Season Kicks-Off Today, See Full Fixtures Of Match Day 1 / African Games: Nigeria Maintains Second Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.