Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? (11751 Views)

Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Topmaike007(m): 9:33am On Feb 25, 2021
Isrealg:
I am supporting Juventus because of Ronaldo, anywhere he goes I go cool

my guy you're club less grin
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by ecclize: 9:33am On Feb 25, 2021
i will say mikel going to chelsea..
Plus a guy in my school then was nickname Lampard.
All of this combined in addition to the fact that a close friend of mine is a Chelsea fan.
The excitement ppl got from football caught my interest.
So when i want to feel among, choosing a team was not difficult for me considering all of those factors above.
i became interested in club football around 2005. Chelsea and Barcelona were the two teams that interest me.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by izubext007: 9:33am On Feb 25, 2021
I started supporting man u because, my ticket dey always they sure

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by mayormick(m): 9:33am On Feb 25, 2021
Hmm....supports chelsea mainly because of Babayaro I just like am then, Flo and Zola before Mourinho era come seal the love for me
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Shakathezulu1: 9:33am On Feb 25, 2021
Dreyton36:
Mine ...

I'm a proud Manchester United fan

I started supporting Manchester United in the year 2003 due to my love for Van Nistelrooy who was brought in with the sum of £19M during that time .
Same as me. Ruud10, baddest box 18 finisher
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by abfemi163: 9:34am On Feb 25, 2021
Mikel Obi when he joined Chelsea and my love for JT and FL

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by AustineCJ: 9:34am On Feb 25, 2021
A day I will never forget .... 2006 World Cup. The match between Brazil vs France . I saw great display from Zidane and when I asked, they told me he plays for Real Madrid..... De Lima Ronaldo,Robinho,Carlos were all magical and I couldn’t help but want to support the club side.... I said to my self, this has to be the best clubside and right then, I started fanning Real mAdrid. Growing up in the north, La Liga is one of the most easily watched League .... so it was easy for me to follow up and I don’t regret ever supporting madrid ..... HALA MADRID

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by akoredebaba1: 9:34am On Feb 25, 2021
a staunch supporter of d ''Gunners'' pride of london.. i love d club because of their style of play n most importantly because of our forever legend thierry henry back in d days... no other club like my dearest club.. come rain,come sunshine,my blood is red.. COYG

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Tenshades(m): 9:34am On Feb 25, 2021
Iamdmentor1:
I support Cristiano Ronaldo. Now I’m a Juventus, Real Madrid and Manchester United fan... in that Order.

I copy you grin

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Dimejimichael(m): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2021
I started supporting arsenal in year 2004. During the invisible era .. Henry, KANU and Patrick veira made me to fall in love with the team couple with arsenal pattern of play

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by WakeNbaked: 9:35am On Feb 25, 2021
2002 Galaticos, the sport center in my hood was always filled with english team fans; Madrid fans we set know ourselves no dey pass 10 for there. Some times dey manager would refuse to show our match due to low turn out of people.

I just like the serenity when going to watch my boys, na for champions league you go sabi our true colour. It was a fun time.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Kuaadoo(m): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2021
I support CR7
because he scored a stunning goal against Chelsea in the UCL final.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by AlhajiNatty(m): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2021
Beckham made me fell in love with Manchester United. Have never regretted being a Red Devil.
On the Flip side, the due of Ogbonnaya Okemmiri and Enyeama made me fell in love with Enyimba at first sight

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Lotuswhite: 9:37am On Feb 25, 2021
Viju milk and Gala

I was quite young then..
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by osamz007: 9:37am On Feb 25, 2021
espn:
I used to support real madrid but not passionately. Until when Mourinho and Drogba joined chelsea. 2 of my arsenal friends that support YEYE ASSNAL hated chelsea and always insult Chelsea. I decided to join chelsea to show my support for Mourinho and Drogba. Till date the sky is blue...

ON SUNDAY. THE SKY COLOR WILL DEFINITELY CHANGE

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 25, 2021
cool

Enyimba Utd here...

Became a fan after seeing them play with so much character in '03 CAF Champions League season.

They lost 6-nil in Egypt to Ismaili of Egypt in the first match of the tournament but still went on to rise up from the ashes of defeat to lift the CCL trophy by beating the same Ismaili FC by 2-1. Kadiri Ikhana remains the man.

My kind of mindset... never ever give up.

They also won my father over by the way. Old man once lived in Aba in the colonial days, so he sort of liked the place.

9 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Becca350(f): 9:37am On Feb 25, 2021
Me i supported arsenal back then because of thiery henry and my brothers were arsenal fans too... AROUND 2012 my boyfriend was talking about messi how great he was etc so I started like messi because of that i became a barca fan and those are my best club for life, even my current boo is a messi fan so we rock

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by osamz007: 9:37am On Feb 25, 2021
Lotuswhite:
Viju milk and Gala

I was quite young then..
u miss road
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by emerged01(m): 9:38am On Feb 25, 2021
Since last year I have lost passion for watching ball. Before it used to be Chelsea,now I have no club.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Topmaike007(m): 9:39am On Feb 25, 2021
madridguy:
I support Real Madrid because I always support the best.

Hala Madrid till eternity.
y nada mas
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 25, 2021
Becca350:
Me i supported arsenal back then because of thiery henry and my brothers were arsenal fans too... AROUND 2012 my boyfriend was talking about messi how great he was etc so I started like messi because of that i became a barca fan and those are my best club for life, even my current boo is a messi fan so we rock

From Arsenal to Barça...

Transfer market fans... sad
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 25, 2021
when I started crushing on neymar

I would always want to watch the match just to see him play. If he is substituted or doesnt feature thats does it for me

aside that anything football aint my thing
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 25, 2021
Pep Guardiola, Ronaldinho and messi made me fall in love with Barcelona. Now I support any club Pep is managing. Currently a Manchester city fan wink

Note **I used to be a liverpool fan cos of Michael owen**
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by jeff1993: 9:40am On Feb 25, 2021
Ronaldihno made me support Barcelona..... Messi made me fall in love with barcelona

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 25, 2021
Chelsea.

Because of Mourinho when he moved to Chelsea after winning Champions League with Porto.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Topmaike007(m): 9:40am On Feb 25, 2021
AustineCJ:
A day I will never forget .... 2006 World Cup. The match between Brazil vs France . I saw great display from Zidane and when I asked, they told me he plays for Real Madrid..... De Lima Ronaldo,Robinho,Carlos were all magical and I couldn’t help but want to support the club side.... I said to my self, this has to be the best clubside and right then, I started fanning Real mAdrid. Growing up in the north, La Liga is one of the most easily watched League .... so it was easy for me to follow up and I don’t regret ever supporting madrid ..... HALA MADRID
y nada mas
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by gulfer: 9:40am On Feb 25, 2021
In England Manchester United; United because they were the best team in England in the 80s and only Arsenal could hold a light to their face.........I also liked Leeds United back then because of their entertaining football and the Lilly-white (I remember Viduka, Radebe etc) and yellow jerseys they had as their color then.
I also like AC Milan in Italy for always signing marque players back then and playing the best football defensively and attack-wise.
In short, I like the two Red Devils and the Diavolo cool cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by KosiGee(m): 9:41am On Feb 25, 2021
I’m 042 to the bone. I support Enugu Rangers International FC.

Outside of Naija. I support Arsenal because of Kanu and his Nubian dudes under Arsene Wenger...Thierry, Vierra, Etame/Lauren, Gallas etc..

Up Enugu Rangers.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Becca350(f): 9:42am On Feb 25, 2021
mansakhalifa:

From Arsenal to Barça...
Transfer market fans... sad

Hey dude I still fans arsenal

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by bhella10: 9:43am On Feb 25, 2021
toprealman:
All Nigerian football lovers started with Arsenal, Chelsea, Baca, Madrid and AC Milan due to the African players in these teams. The dip in form led to cross carpeting. Only those that are naturally faithful, loyal and patient remained with their first love.
Count me in. COYG! Kanu Bergkamp Thierry

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 25, 2021
Becca350:

Hey dude I still fans arsenal

OK, if I get your drift correctly.

You are an Arsenal fan but a huge admirer of L. Messi and whatever team he plays for. Right?
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Geekop: 9:44am On Feb 25, 2021
Mikel and Shevchenko..
Though I have been watching football some years before I became blues fan...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As Barcelona Beats Rayo Vallecano 7-0 / Rivers United Ends Their Pre-Season Tour In Spain With 3 - 3 Draw (Photos) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.