Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? (11754 Views)

Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Kelvin3476: 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2021
i loved AC MILAN AND BARCA BECUS OF "ITALY NATIONAL TEAM,KAKA" AND RONALDINHO. I WAS WALKING ONE DAY IN MY STREET, AND SUDDENLY I PICKED A BANGLE WRITTEN"WAYNE ROONEY" . SO MY DAD TOLD ME ROONEY PLAYS 4 UNITED, AND I BECME CURIOUS TO WATCH HIM PLAY . WHEN I WATCHD UNITED PLAY, I STARTD FANCING ONE MAN THEIR CALLED RONALDO . SO AS BARKA FANS STARTED HATING M RONALDO BECUS OF MESSI, NA HIM I ALSO HATE BARKA SOO MUCH. ENGLISH LEAGUE IS MORE SHOWN TO LA LIGA "I DNT WATCH MUCH OF BARKA GAMES, BT I DO WATCH ALL OF MAN U GAMES" . NA WHY I CUM OVER LOVE MAN U. NOW I LOVE ( AC MILAN, MAN U AND SPURS"BECUS MODRIC AND BALE".

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by kluv99(m): 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2021
Barcelona til eternity it was cause of ronaldinho ,Henry,etoo and now Oga at d top G, O, A, T messi
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Minemrys: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2021
jamerflepz:
Lol. I feel you. I am also a die hard Barcelona fan but most times I find myself watching liverpool's highlight and checking out their page on Facebook, all because of Sadio mane (my second favourite player in the world after messi). I don't care if liverpool win or lose a match as long as sadio scores, I'm good. I love Barcelona but there's nothing wrong in having a side club, liverpool.
go away jor. Liverpool is no one's side chick.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Minemrys: 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2021
openmine:
The classic champions league finals in 2005 between Liverpool and AC Milan made me admire Liverpool and eventually started supporting the club!

Not just because they won the UCL but for the fact that they refused to surrender in the face of adversity!

If you are 3 goals down in first half against a star studded AC Milan team,it was best to just play safe and hope you don't concede more...but not Liverpool!

They refused to give up....I can still remember Steven Gerard scoring the first goal in the second half and the way he gingered his team mates and the already humilated Liverpool supporters in the stadium was so emotional for me!

When Liverpool finally got the equalizer,I was jumping as if naija had won the world cup for the first time! grin
Its been all about Liverpool since then... kiss
Liverpool is an idea. They never give in. It's special. Who thought a team like Liverpool could win the UCL that year with the stars that filled all the big clubs?
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by bolagabriella: 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2021
openmine:
The classic champions league finals in 2005 between Liverpool and AC Milan made me admire Liverpool and eventually started supporting the club!

Not just because they won the UCL but for the fact that they refused to surrender in the face of adversity!

If you are 3 goals down in first half against a star studded AC Milan team,it was best to just play safe and hope you don't concede more...but not Liverpool!

They refused to give up....I can still remember Steven Gerard scoring the first goal in the second half and the way he gingered his team mates and the already humilated Liverpool supporters in the stadium was so emotional for me!

When Liverpool finally got the equalizer,I was jumping as if naija had won the world cup for the first time! grin
Its been all about Liverpool since then... kiss
I remember this match...i couldn't watch it on tv cos there was no light so i watched in on radio. I was almost ready to tune my radio to another chanel when i heard goallllllll. I just jumped from my couch anxious till the end. I respected liverpool so much from then buh...things have changed. My love for xabi alonso then ehn...no be here o.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Coinbased: 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
Not a fan
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Wantedmiller: 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
Minemrys:

i swear. I thought so t0o. And i thought Henry was his biological s0n who would take over and inherit the club after he dies. I mumu then eh.

lol
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by mayor1814: 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2021
Wow, The Rothmans football show on NTA in the mid 90s to early 2000s made me fall in love with SIR ALEX FERGUSON, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole and the whole team and club as a whole. WHEN MANCHESTER UNITED WAS MANCHESTER UNITED.

A club full of legends and heroic moments.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Rolexjerry(m): 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
Arsenal. When I heard the stories of the invincibles that went a whole season unbeaten and won a gold trophy. I immediately signed up till date I've been a staunch gunner 15 years and counting

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
Dreyton36:
Mine ...

I'm a proud Manchester United fan

I started supporting Manchester United in the year 2003 due to my love for Van Nistelrooy who was brought in with the sum of £19M during that time .

Let's see yours this should be fun
And Mods oya do the needful make I no too para kiss
Lights up my kpoli in peace
Barman, serve men UDEME..

Dreyton36, make e for no spoil, keep one wrap for me.

DSC7, hafa, shey you sef go show for bar tonight

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by lullygold18(m): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2021
Ronaldo made me join utd.......and till God comes, my blood will 4ever remain red

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by 18wheeler: 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
Dreyton36:
Mine ...

I started supporting Manchester United in the year 2003 due to my love for Van Nistelrooy who was brought in with the sum of £19M during that time .

Real Madrid. 1999/2000 UCL. Can't remember if it was the round of 16 or Q- final round against Man Utd. First leg ended 0-0 in Madrid. Man Utd fans didn't allow us rest about how they would defend their title as they were the defending champions then. 2nd leg in Manchester, before we knew what was happening, Man Utd was 0-3 down. Game ended 2-3 I think. Man Utd was out of the UCL. Fell in love with Real Madrid from that day for silencing the Man Utd fans for us then. And one highlight in the game was the turn that Redondo did on Hernan Berg (if I still remember the name well) before passing to Raul Gonzalez to score... Magical.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by DonroxyII: 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
Dreyton36:
Mine ...

I started watching EPL in 2003 .... I like bro Taiye who is a Chelsea Fan ... he was the best analyst in my hood , he also blow English.... I love Mourinho and his 2004 chelsea team .... Wayne Bridge, Arjen Robben, Damien Duff ....

I love the blues and Mourinho's Aura .... I supported Chelsea since 2004 for Life !!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by spiralwedge(m): 11:38pm On Feb 25, 2021
I lived close to the old Arsenal stadium. It was naturally to start supporting them especially at a period when Kanu was at his peak and the club was a delight to watch
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by preselect(m): 1:51am On Feb 26, 2021
i sopport any team playing against chelsheet grin
I hate those blue noisemakers in london.
And I hated their guts when i used to live in london.

damn I still hate them angry angry
they make me sick angry
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by simplemay: 6:23am On Feb 26, 2021
I supported man u because of Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson❤️❤️
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by victons(m): 8:56am On Feb 26, 2021
After we defeated Arsenal 2-1 in 2006 UCL Finals. But our recent performance have made me lose passion for football.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by xjiggy: 10:26am On Feb 26, 2021
Dreyton36:
Mine ...

My Dad was an ardent Ac Milan supporter( during the says of Gullit, Rijkaard and Marco Van Basten) but surprisingly I chose Man Utd in 1993 after watching Dennis Irwin bombard the left channel for the whole 90mins. Dennis Irwin is a defender(no3) for those who don't know him.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by benjanny(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2021
Am a staunch Manchester City supporter and I started supporting the team in 2009 because Robson Sousa popularly known as Robinho.

Although am a Rossonerri faithful + Ac Milan) but because of the fact that Italians doesn't make their post with English I was not really enjoying following them online on their social media pages. Therefore I develop much love for Manchester city
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Horlhamhi(f): 7:26pm On Feb 26, 2021
This should be around 2006/2007..
I was seeing a match between Liverpool and Manchester United...I was fascinated by the way Fernando Torres played and being the 'scoring machine', lol..there and then, I became a Liverpool fan.
The match ended in favor of Liverpool...4 goals to 1 or so.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by MrMacinterchi1: 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
West Bromwish Albion .
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by veraiyke(m): 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2021
Right from when I started watching football...say 1998-1999...it's been Liverpool...don't know my reason...But I've never blinked and will never. Always LFC
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by haleybrown566(f): 8:43am On Mar 01, 2021
In case, the users do not use a password manager, then there might arise a number of complexities in recovering the password of Instagram .The customers of Instagram may face a number of technical issues while accessing the unique features of Instagram. The customers may face certain issues in Instagram password recovery for recovering the password of Instagram. The procedure to recover the lost password of Instagram is extremely easy and can be easily implemented.
=================================
Instagram Nummer
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Jodera: 7:24am On Mar 02, 2021
bolagabriella:
Most people thought because I'm a lady that I'm supporting any club because of a man. So sad...
Anyways,
my first club was monaco because of fernando morentes (around 2003)
Second club was Arsenal (2006) cos of henry, and i continued supporting arsenal cos of players like cesc fabregas-i enjoyed watching him as a midfielder, making those passes. Such a wonderful playmaker, van persie, giroud
2008...Alongside arsenal,i was supporting Ac milan because of shevchenko
I kept on supporting arsenal till around 2018 when giroud left
2018...i supported chelsea cos of giroud ( i see him as a striker that brings class to his game). I noticed kante too and i liked the way he played. Keeps the ball calm and defends it well. I also noticed marco alonso.
2019...i supported chelsea because of hazard. That guy is exceptional. I just love the way he carried chelsea that season
2020...i supported chelsea because of pulisic (he was great that season too)
I also supported liverpool because i knew how hungry they were for the league title and i felt they deserve
I also supported Bayern for the championship title because i saw their determination and hunger and because of kimmich (i so love that guy passes and control), thiago alcantara (such a marvelous player to watch...I'm always happy when he has the ball . I love this long passes), Alaba (i swear this guy is good...he will be missed next season), lewandoski (a hungry striker...nothing special but i see his hunger for goals and i like it)
2021...after watching a few games i decided to support:
La liga- real madrid cos of hazard, modric (so good in that centre midfield. I hated last night champions league game cos i felt zidane didn't utilize him well. I felt he play him out of position), kroos (i love his long passes), vasquez, sergio ramos (though a rough defender but a good passer. I love the way he moves forward to attack and backward to defend), varane (i see him as a secret weapon in madrid defense. You wont know he's there until he dispossess his opponent without losing control)
Serie A- Ac milan cos of zlatan ibrahamovic
Premier league- I'm really indifferent. All i know is i don't want liverpool to win the league title, though i perp in to watch their matches just so i can see thiago alcantara and robertson. I still support chelsea once in awhile when i see giroud or pulisic or ben chilwell (i enjoy watching him play so much)
Champions league -Bayern munich. I still see the hunger though not as strong as last season.

This your support na annual registration? grin
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by bolagabriella: 9:21am On Mar 02, 2021
Jodera:
This your support na annual registration? grin

Lol...i just do me grin
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Jodera: 5:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
bolagabriella:

Lol...i just do me grin
Lol...
First time I'm seeing your type tho.
Carry on girl
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by DownChelsea(f): 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2021
Horlhamhi:
This should be around 2006/2007..
I was seeing a match between Liverpool and Manchester United...I was fascinated by the way Fernando Torres played and being the 'scoring machine', lol..there and then, I became a Liverpool fan.
The match ended in favor of Liverpool...4 goals to 1 or so.
United won both legs in 06/07 and 07/08.

It was in 08/09 that United won 1-0 at Anfield and Liverpool won 4-1 at old trafford

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Dreyton36: 2:23pm On May 11, 2021
Old chase bank old Wells Fargo
Needed with :

Online access
Routing number
Account number
CL full name

Not wire, not dd , not md , not benefit
Don't askany questions

Paste details on my email and let's do magic
For 4_5hrs reflection
$50k upward

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Honesty36(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2021
Canada and U.S accts come over for funding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

. / Team Anambra Wins 18 Medals In 10 Events At National Youth Games In UNILORIN / 2019-20 NPFL Season Kicks-Off Today, See Full Fixtures Of Match Day 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.