Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,912 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? (11763 Views)

Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Dreyton36: 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2021
yetunsbay:
As a staunch Man Utd fan. I started supporting years back when Pepsi Academy, Nigeria made a visit to Old Trafford. I was flabbergasted & felt the gargantuan gaga of soccerism

Bros no dey use grammar oppress we , we nor too go school na window we dey jump steady to avoid teacher wey go disturb our noise making peace

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Dreyton36: 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2021
Topmaike007:
I bleed white,I am the white myself,I am the crown,I am the king,I am the liquid metal of the whole World, I am REAL MADRID

KAKA TOOK ME TO MADRID FROM THE RED AND BLACK DEVIL (AC MILAN).

AND EVER SINCE THEN MY LOVE FOR REAL MADRID IS WITHOUT MEASURES.

See mouth making grin
U don forget say if just small red color touch white he go stain all of am , and if u put a basin of white for red colour , the red color go still pass am grin

Manchester United the King
I love ur hyping tho real fan

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by themanderon: 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
XOGBADO:
I support Arsenal.
They might not be at the top but they're on a class of their own

Sorry please what class is that? The perpetual losers class!? Na joke I dey joke ohh.......
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Asianjollof007: 1:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
Messi, he made me love barcelona unconditionally.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:15pm On Feb 25, 2021
CHELSEA BECAUSE OF DROGBA,
AC MILAN BECAUSE OF PIRLO,
ARSENAL THEN BECAUSE OF KANU。

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by jascoly: 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2021
Na wen u play Bet9jaa with 100naira nd wan win 2million na dat time u go know say u no get favorite team cos u will want all the whole team in ur ticket to win

u nail it man

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by ProphetofOdin: 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2021
I started supporting Man United cos of Eric Cantona. I was always thrilled by his confidence and gusto, back then we were only opportune to watch highlights on DBN or read complete football magazines. i even started flying my collar like Cantona did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Skymason20(m): 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2021
I love sports generally, mostly football, Chelsea is my favorite EPl club , I think foitball lovers will agree with me EPL is the greatest show on earth man united coach den made me love football sir alex , he always chew gums so I loved watching him den , but loved Chelsea wen they have a host of Africa players in their team likes of drogba milkel moses etc ... I also follow the likes of real madrid , juventus , durtmund and psg . my favorite 5 among the top Europe leagues .. coming to africa my favorite team is kz.chifes amakoshi nation a South Africa team.. here in nigeria although am a proud Benin boy I love warri wolf more than any otherb teams in Epfl nnl
sorry bendel insurance. I picked warri wolves .. but in all BLUE IS THE COLOUR FOOTBALL IS THE GAME WINING IS THE AIM AND LASTLY CHELSEA IS OUR NAME ... #KTBFFH

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Stanweezy(m): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
inoki247:
Na wen u play Bet9jaa with 100naira nd wan win 2million na dat time u go know say u no get favorite team cos u will want all the whole team in ur ticket to win shocked shocked

A real gambler don't bet his club on multiple ticket

I can bet Man Utd in single ticket
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Topmaike007(m): 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
StrikeBack:
Traitor
bros no be our fault na cheesy
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Topmaike007(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2021
Samiah33:

Me too AC Milan to Madrid
Thank God I am not alone...

Y Nada mas

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Topmaike007(m): 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2021
Dreyton36:

See mouth making grin
U don forget say if just small red color touch white he go stain all of am , and if u put a basin of white for red colour , the red color go still pass am grin

Manchester United the King
I love ur hyping tho real fan

lolz

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by walesho(m): 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2021
Manchester City because I live in Manchester

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Franckelv230: 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2021
Drogba's nodding that late in the night, 2012 champions league final match against bayern munchen, final was everything. I still feel goosebumps any time I think of it.

I hated football back then, likewise music videos.
But following my friend to watch the extra time during Chelsea VS bayern Munich that night changed my feelings for football.

I can't forget, his jumping, his priceless nod and the all best celebration. Funny enough it was one man that sells TV in our bus stop, Chelsea fans bought almost all his TV that night.

Drogba, you are retired from Chelsea, but your manhood is still on the pitch. I'm not forgetting, Ivanovic, lampard, Baba Terry, cahil, Obi, mpa cech and all of una.

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by LivingTribunal: 2:14pm On Feb 25, 2021
Easy guys.. Bayern remains the best in the universe, hands down, regardless of whoever you think is best player.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nemesis08(m): 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2021
I started supporting Arsenal in 1996 cos of Nwankwo Kanu, after he left, my love stuck to the club
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Markswag101: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2021
Started supporting Man Utd in 07/08 cuz of Ronaldo. man was an absolute machine that season.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kanu Nwankwo
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Uptheante(m): 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2021
A305:
I support Chelsea fc.

Here is how it all started.

Around 2005/6, I remember buying complete sports news paper at least once a week (was sold for 30naira then).

I just loved reading at the time and would read anything I laid my hands on; I loved to do so to broaden my horizon about life. I had been very curious since I was a kid.

So, Everytime I go through that newspaper and other newspaper's back page, I always glanced at the Beclays English Premier League Table and one team seems to always remain at the top, week in, week out. They never drop, at most, they slide to the second position and the following week, they back up and the club name is Chelsea (keep in mind, I didn't know nothing about club football outside of the Nigeria national team at the time), so it always fascinated me how one team kept up at the 100% pace and there are always 3 players names that always shows up amongst the highest goal scores namely: Didier Drogba, Hernen Crespo and Frank Lampard.

I took interest in the team, prior to then though — I had always heard of Barca and how skillful Ronaldinho was, but I never watched any of their laliga games. The EPL domination in the Nigeria mainstream media then; actually indulged my knee interest in the EPL hence, the need to follow up on a team in England.

Subsequently, i started seeing weekend match highlights of how Chelsea FC dominated the league, my goodness.... I was thrilled by their "conquer them all spirit", and I figured these guys took advantage of counter attacks superbly, so you better not be sloppy when playing them — I later learnt that the manager was a no nonsense person and very sensitive hence, they nicknamed him "The special one", I just kept falling in love with the Club. I would design my school books with the club name and players names alike.

Suddenly, Chelsea and Barca are to square up in a champion league match and it's time for me to pick whom to pledge my allegiance to.

I picked Chelsea and have remained with them ever since. And shout out to the owner, Owner Roman Abramovic. A machevellian business man who has taught me a lot about business with the way he manages Chelsea.

The blues for life.

We have almost the same story
I started watching club football in 2005 & I've always been a Chelsea fan since then. I also love blue color

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Uptheante(m): 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2021
Chelsea fc for life
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by KingLion007(m): 2:46pm On Feb 25, 2021
My love for Arsenal started far back 1996 when Le prof came with his tiki-taka football,then here comes my Mentors Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp...I live and Die with Arsenal Football Club.My son is gonna play for Arsenal though...COYG!
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Thryphosa(m): 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
I have been a true fan of only one club for almost 20 years now, and the name of that club is Chelsea FC. It all started when Babayaro played for Chelsea, then Drogba, Essien and Mikel finally made me stick with Chelsea. Apparently, I became a Chelsea fan cos of the africans that played there, of all these africans that played for Chelsea, I love Mikel most, I just like everything about him on and off field, his maturity, his carriage, calmness, leadership quality, the way and manner he speaks English, his funny ways at the beginning of his career at Chelsea etc. I wasn't happy when he left Chelsea but I still remain a Chelsea fan always.

I followed him up at Tianjin Teda, Middlesborough, Trabsponzor or what's that Turkey league he mutually terminated his contract during the outbreak of coro, then finally Stoke city. At a time, I promised myself I will name my son Mikel when I get married, now married, has 2 daughters but no son, so I named my 1st daughter Michelle, if God wishes to give me a son then I will fulfill that promise to myself. Continue to make waves Mikel, you're the more reason I genuinely became a true Chelsea fan. Funny enough I'm not an igbo, I'm a Yoruba from Ekiti State.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Dbarrzx: 2:54pm On Feb 25, 2021
I support Mourinho, anywhere he goes
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by bolagabriella: 2:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
Most people thought because I'm a lady that I'm supporting any club because of a man. So sad...
Anyways,
my first club was monaco because of fernando morentes (around 2003)
Second club was Arsenal (2006) cos of henry, and i continued supporting arsenal cos of players like cesc fabregas-i enjoyed watching him as a midfielder, making those passes. Such a wonderful playmaker, van persie, giroud
2008...Alongside arsenal,i was supporting Ac milan because of shevchenko
I kept on supporting arsenal till around 2018 when giroud left
2018...i supported chelsea cos of giroud ( i see him as a striker that brings class to his game). I noticed kante too and i liked the way he played. Keeps the ball calm and defends it well. I also noticed marco alonso.
2019...i supported chelsea because of hazard. That guy is exceptional. I just love the way he carried chelsea that season
2020...i supported chelsea because of pulisic (he was great that season too)
I also supported liverpool because i knew how hungry they were for the league title and i felt they deserve
I also supported Bayern for the championship title because i saw their determination and hunger and because of kimmich (i so love that guy passes and control), thiago alcantara (such a marvelous player to watch...I'm always happy when he has the ball . I love this long passes), Alaba (i swear this guy is good...he will be missed next season), lewandoski (a hungry striker...nothing special but i see his hunger for goals and i like it)
2021...after watching a few games i decided to support:
La liga- real madrid cos of hazard, modric (so good in that centre midfield. I hated last night champions league game cos i felt zidane didn't utilize him well. I felt he play him out of position), kroos (i love his long passes), vasquez, sergio ramos (though a rough defender but a good passer. I love the way he moves forward to attack and backward to defend), varane (i see him as a secret weapon in madrid defense. You wont know he's there until he dispossess his opponent without losing control)
Serie A- Ac milan cos of zlatan ibrahamovic
Premier league- I'm really indifferent. All i know is i don't want liverpool to win the league title, though i perp in to watch their matches just so i can see thiago alcantara and robertson. I still support chelsea once in awhile when i see giroud or pulisic or ben chilwell (i enjoy watching him play so much)
Champions league -Bayern munich. I still see the hunger though not as strong as last season.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by uglodoh(f): 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2021
Man United 1996 because of Eric Catana
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by muhazeen(m): 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
Hala y Nadas
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Taiwojon(m): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2021
Wantedmiller:
am a faithful GUNNER!

I started when arsenal lost to Barcelona in champions league finals.........I felt pity for them!

Since then, the love grew stronger!

LoL.....before I thought na ARSENE Wenger get Arsenal

that make us two.
the love for arsenal after losing to Barça but I know better days ahead.

anyway
Jesus loves you
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by 99thEnemy(m): 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2021
HaBaE:
The Barcelona muffler ma momma gave me @7
Ronaldinho the playmaker GOAT made me love Barca
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by milanseedorf(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2021
I started supporting Ac Milan because of clearance seedorf the midfield maestro and because Ac Milan is the most successful Club in the world.
Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Minemrys: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2021
Ever since i saw my blo0d, i knew i was being called, and that by answering, i'll Never Walk Alone.
Though our dreams be tossed and blown, we Walk On!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by JaceBlaze: 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2021
I started supporting Tottenham Hotspur brcause they have one of the best-looking kit ever in football cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Made You Start Supporting The Football Team You Support? by Minemrys: 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2021
Wantedmiller:
am a faithful GUNNER!

I started when arsenal lost to Barcelona in champions league finals.........I felt pity for them!

Since then, the love grew stronger!

LoL.....before I thought na ARSENE Wenger get Arsenal
i swear. I thought so t0o. And i thought Henry was his biological s0n who would take over and inherit the club after he dies. I mumu then eh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019-20 NPFL Season Kicks-Off Today, See Full Fixtures Of Match Day 1 / Asisat Oshoala Wins 2014 GLO/CAF African Women Player Of The Year / African Games: Nigeria Maintains Second Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.