Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,867 members, 7,862,882 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

How Do You Handle Having Both Rich And Poor Friends? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Handle Having Both Rich And Poor Friends? (2545 Views)

Important Advice To Men Both Rich And Poor Young And Old / I Love Her But She Is An Undergraduate And Poor / Can I Contact Urinary Tract Infection And Excape Hiv From Someone Having Both? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Having Both Rich And Poor Friends? by pansophist(m): 10:03am On Jun 18, 2021
Rich or poor, the friends that you should keep are those that respect themselves by not projecting their situation on you expecting that you bail them out of their poverty. I'm not saying you should not help, but they should not feel entitled that its you're responsibility to save them from their situation.

Do they pay for themselves when you guys are out ? And if you're paying, do they use it as an opportunity to order expensive things they won't have ordered if they were the one paying? people do not mind having broke friends, they just fear having to feel guilty for being rich, and the responsibility of bailing them out of their situation. Afterall, how many can you bail out? Especially when the reason they are poor is due to their educational level or so?

I have rich, poor and wealthy friends, and one thing we all don't do to each other is to be a leech on ourselves. Those richer than me do not feel guilt-tripped by me, and I do not expect them to be my saviour. Life is an individual race and it's all man for himself, at the very basic. So only invite them if they are not entitled, and don't if they are.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Having Both Rich And Poor Friends? by MikeofKd(m): 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
Growing up I had to lose friends, both rich and poor friends respectively ,the focus was on me ,constantly trying to be the best version of myself.
But I'd advice you bro ,keep your broke friends still and help the ones you can help. I've gat rich friends that I don't get along with very well cause of their nonsense characters ,life's a race ,your broke niggas could be 3 times richer than ur rich friends tomorrow. Just vibe with d ones that makes you a better version of your self whether rich or poor.
Re: How Do You Handle Having Both Rich And Poor Friends? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
So much to learn from this thread...
Re: How Do You Handle Having Both Rich And Poor Friends? by Truvelisback(m): 8:02am On Aug 18, 2021
Marinog:
Hello all,

So I want advice on this.

Background is I am the average guy that was very broke in the past, jobless for some time, doing my little hustling, and now after some big breaks doing well (thanks to God). There are many of my guys we were all hustling together, for some, things are better, for some, not yet. Along to the way to my present position, I've made lots of new, well off friends, in professional and social circles.

I'm comfortable been with very rich friends who can spend 1m in a day, at the same time also comfortable going to bukka with my other guys for 200 naira eba and okro soup. I dont use money to judge if someone is a friend. Now some people have been advising that this is naive, and I should maintain my new social class. There is some truth there because I've experienced a few drag downs, but overall it's still ok.

So if I am getting married now, all the rich guys want to show up for me, do I invite some friends who are still gathering themselves? Is it unfair to them to ask them to be groomsmen? Or to ask them to pay xx amount for clothes? I've toyed with the idea of paying for those who dont have enough, dunno if that makes sense.

One person fi dey ask me 10k support, the other one go dey invite me for event wey go chop 500k. Loyalty is a big value for me, so I guess that's why I still hold dear all my old guys. I notice the well off are sometimes snobbish, or want to maintain certain standards. In the past, I might have thought that was bad, but with some experience, I also understand why people do that.

What's the best way to handle these different types of friends?
Oga, ur circle of friends needs to be changed. Yes, it needs to be changed. Hangout with those who has made it like u. The rich will always hangout with the rich. Ur league has changed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help,how Do I Confront Her!!! / In The Titanic Movie, Jack Was A Simp / Help! Oloshos Are After My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.