Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) (67860 Views)

See The 5k Assorted Meat I Bought And The Pepper Soup I Made With It. / I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It / A Nairalander Caught A Big Python, Cooked It And Ate It With His Family (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Nobody: 2:23am On Mar 04, 2021
LMS1:

So The One In The Pics Had Webbed Feet? Thank U Sha .
Smh

abeg Guy, I how can you fund paypal with mastercard... I have it linked to the paypal (Les) acct
my email= lekeleekse@gmail.com
thanks
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by 8BowlofFlour: 10:37am On Mar 04, 2021
But that thing smells terribly
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by shilz(f): 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2021
PantherNG:
Tell us you’re doing some sort of ‘juju’. No ordinary Nigerian wakes up to eat tortoise.
everything is nt about juju,I have tasted it and it's actually one of the best meat.na only snake I never and will never chop sha.
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 5:54am On Mar 05, 2021
PantherNG:
Tell us you’re doing some sort of ‘juju’. No ordinary Nigerian wakes up to eat tortoise.
Na so..wetin u don't know, senior u..

Tortoise remains one of the sweetest sea foods...People living in riverine areas know very well..

Tortoise pepper soup, a serious delicacy..
Well, I don't blame u guys, since voodoo people make use of it to prank naive Africans..cheesy

Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 5:56am On Mar 05, 2021
shilz:
everything is nt about juju,I have tasted it and it's actually one of the best meat.na only snake I never and will never chop sha.
Exactly... The taste is on another level... I wish something can take me to bayelsa, I will buy as much as I can.
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 10:26am On Mar 05, 2021
Munzy14:

Exactly... The taste is on another level... I wish something can take me to bayelsa, I will buy as much as I can.

I rizuo la!
lipsrsealed
Onwehu anu ozo guru gi I ri, ya wuru anu nnabe. undecided
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
mariahAngel:

I rizuo la!
lipsrsealed
Onwehu anu ozo guru gi I ri, ya wuru anu nnabe. undecided
Hahahaha a m'am na iga a gbaru ihu ma ihu comment ahu...cheesy

I grew up eating a lot of sea food.. To extent in my nursery, NA roasted fish them the pack for us as lunch...cheesy

Fisher man soup bu ihe anyi riri ofuma...

Maybe NA y we tall pass 6ft for house..grin too much protein.

But hapu o, anu mbe togburu onweya ka catfish soup.

1 Like

Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 6:20pm On Mar 05, 2021
Munzy14:

Hahahaha a m'am na iga a gbaru ihu ma ihu comment ahu...cheesy

I grew up eating a lot of sea food.. To extent in my nursery, NA roasted fish them the pack for us as lunch...cheesy

Sea food gini?
Owudikwa si owu mbe mmiri ooo...ya wuru mbe elu-ala jobiri ala! Owudikwa'm!

Fisher man soup bu ihe anyi riri ofuma...

Maybe NA y we tall pass 6ft for house..grin too much protein.

But hapu o, anu mbe togburu onweya ka catfish soup.

Ha n'eji anu mbe e shi fisherman soup owu? undecided
Ndi m ma n'eri ya wu ndi Urhobo

Ihe forola gi I ri wu anu agwo na akpi! grin
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
mariahAngel:

Sea food gini?
Owudikwa si owu mbe mmiri ooo...ya wuru mbe elu-ala jobiri ala! Owudikwa'm!

Ha n'eji anu mbe e shi fisherman soup owu? undecided
Ndi m ma n'eri ya wu ndi Urhobo

Ihe forola gi I ri wu anu agwo na akpi! grin
Mbe wu nu both aquatic and terrestrial animal na.

Fisher man soup wu fresh fish soup.

Hahahaha eri e la m agwo naa...grin the meat be like leather... Na python killed in my area years ago..I follow chop the pepper soup..cheesy

I remember where I served...The corps's members we killed a snake and threw away, I swear those villagers where pissed.. They were like chai see big meat...grin ike a gwu m..

Akpi is edible if u can cut off the poisonous gland...

I watch a popular show on discovery channel, called ultimate survival.. That guy is something else.. He eats these things raw...

I wouldn't blame, before the era of cooking them came on board, way back, these things are consumed raw...like early men.

Erie LA m otutu ihe o. Weird and mysterious Aquarius...grin
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2021
Munzy14:

Mbe wu nu both aquatic and terrestrial animal na.

Fisher man soup wu fresh fish soup.

Hahahaha eri e la m agwo naa...grin the meat be like leather... Na python killed in my area years ago..I follow chop the pepper soup..cheesy

I remember where I served...The corps's members we killed a snake and threw away, I swear those villagers where pissed.. They were like chai see big meat...grin ike a gwu m..

Akpi is edible if u can cut off the poisonous gland...

I watch a popular show on discovery channel, called ultimate survival.. That guy is something else.. He eats these things raw...

I wouldn't blame, before the era of cooking them came on board, way back, these things are consumed raw...like early men.

Erie LA m otutu ihe o. Weird and mysterious Aquarius...grin

Chai!

I rie la nnoo! grin
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 10:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
mariahAngel:

Chai!

I rie la nnoo! grin
Lol..owu hu kwa obere ihe o..

Onweghi nke m NA so NA nso..except native cow...the one with short or no horn..my dad said it is a taboo..but I asked him, if I am in Canada,and crave for beef, so I won't eat it?because I know outside this country, some beef consumed, the cow is different from the Fulani own...

Ya si m, well Christianity has taken over...cheesy

I tire for supe superstitious believe of ndi mpa.

1 Like

Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol..owu hu kwa obere ihe o..

Onweghi nke m NA so NA nso..except native cow...the one with short or no horn..my dad said it is a taboo..but I asked him, if I am in Canada,and crave for beef, so I won't eat it?because I know outside this country, some beef consumed, the cow is different from the Fulani own...

Ya si m, well Christianity has taken over...cheesy

I tire for supe superstitious believe of ndi mpa.

Owu o gwahu gi ihe kpatara ha ji a so ya?
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 9:01am On Mar 06, 2021
mariahAngel:

Owu o gwahu gi ihe kpatara ha ji a so ya?
Just ancestral belief...And in Igbo land here they normally use that one during burial... U can't see it's beef in the market.

1 Like

Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 11:03am On Mar 06, 2021
Munzy14:

Just ancestral belief...And in Igbo land here they normally use that one during burial... U can't see it's beef in the market.

Ya wuru otu ahu, then it's a valid reason.

I riela anu nkita mbo? cheesy
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ya wuru otu ahu, then it's a valid reason.

I riela anu nkita mbo? cheesy
Maybe... I ma a wucha hu m onye superstitious o..

I look for the scientific explanations...

Haaa nkita bu normal... but on rare occasions...
The meat is not that lean...
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2021
Munzy14:

Maybe... I ma a wucha hu m onye superstitious o..

I look for the scientific explanations...

Sometimes, we just comply with these "rules" just to put parents at ease.
At the end, what they know is what you tell them.

Ha ma nga onye garala ma ihe ndi o ririla?
Mpa gi ugbu a gi o marala si i rizuo la? Ma mbe o, ma alika, ma akpi, ma edi abali , ma enwe, ma akiri, ma agwo grin
Ike gwuru! grin

Haaa nkita bu normal... but on rare occasions...
The meat is not that lean...

Chai Chineke! grin

O yikwa ka a ma'm ama juo!
Onwekwere ihe I na aso?
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 9:02pm On Mar 06, 2021
mariahAngel:

Sometimes, we just comply with these "rules" just to put parents at ease.
At the end, what they know is what you tell them.

Ha ma nga onye garala ma ihe ndi o ririla?
Mpa gi ugbu a gi o marala si i rizuo la? Ma mbe o, ma alika, ma akpi, ma edi abali , ma enwe, ma akiri, ma agwo grin
Ike gwuru! grin

Chai Chineke! grin

O yikwa ka a ma'm ama juo!
Onwekwere ihe I na aso?
Hahahaha I si ma alika...chai ike gwuru.

MPA m ma, o wu nu n'ulo ka m riri ihe ndia.

A ka m neche ihe m na aso na nso...

Unless NRI mba ndi ozo....But av had amala, tuwo etc...cheesy

My mom si enye m hu ya nsogbu mgbe ndi ntakiri...I literally eat everything.

The only meal I don't like wu ji mmiri oku, unless it's a catfish or old chicken pepper soup.

Okwa I ma ji mmiri oku? Udi nke a ana-esi with roots and some herbs for nwaanyi muru nwa ohuru ka ahu ya tight a up.
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 9:27pm On Mar 06, 2021
Munzy14:

Hahahaha I si ma alika...chai ike gwuru.

MPA m ma, o wu nu n'ulo ka m riri ihe ndia.

A ka m neche ihe m na aso na nso...

Unless NRI mba ndi ozo....But av had amala, tuwo etc...cheesy

Oh! I richala ma amala... I've never had it before though

My mom si enye m hu ya nsogbu mgbe ndi ntakiri...I literally eat everything.

Ya wu na mma gi laikiri gi ofuma cheesy
Mothers usually like kids that are not picky eaters.
Come to think of it...no wonder you like the food thread. grin
Ihe mma'm ga kpo gi wu o kpa n'usekwu. Do you know what it means? grin

The only meal I don't like wu ji mmiri oku, unless it's a catfish or old chicken pepper soup.

Okwa I ma ji mmiri oku? Udi nke a ana-esi with roots and some herbs for nwaanyi muru nwa ohuru ka ahu ya tight a up.

A ma'm ya nu.
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2021
mariahAngel:

Oh! I richala ma amala... I've never had it before though

Ya wu na mma gi laikiri gi ofuma cheesy
Mothers usually like kids that are not picky eaters.
Come to think of it...no wonder you like the food thread. grin
Ihe mma'm ga kpo gi wu o kpa n'usekwu. Do you know what it means? grin

A ma'm ya nu.
Lol, mma m likiri anyi n'ile o....Especially my immediate... Onye nke ahu enye hu ya nsogbu at all at all...O gwara m na onye nke ahu jury ara osiso...And can stay at a place all day in his infant stage...doesn't cry, hates to stay at neighbors place...

Like he gave her freedom to work without the usual lactating mom stress.... So their bond di strong...grin

Hahahhahaha smh, I like the act of cooking good meals...The whole kitchen stuff is fun....ihe ma wu, nwaanyi m ga alu ,ga eme enjoy kitchen gist...And company when am chanced to...cheesy

Okpa n'usekwu wu nu onye na -aga na kitchen..cheesy

I like the gist o, not the actual cooking, unless I no get option...that's when I cook.

I ma nu, nwoke NNE ya na amutaghi nwaanyi, ga wu zi, nwoke buru kwa Ada...cheesy
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol, mma m likiri anyi n'ile o....Especially my immediate... Onye nke ahu enye hu ya nsogbu at all at all...O gwara m na onye nke ahu jury ara osiso...And can stay at a place all day in his infant stage...doesn't cry, hates to stay at neighbors place...

Like he gave her freedom to work without the usual lactating mom stress.... So their bond di strong...grin

Mothers though... cheesy

Hahahhahaha smh, I like the act of cooking good meals...The whole kitchen stuff is fun....ihe ma wu, nwaanyi m ga alu ,ga eme enjoy kitchen gist...And company when am chanced to...cheesy
grin

Okpa n'usekwu wu nu onye na -aga na kitchen..cheesy
Yeah.

I like the gist o, not the actual cooking, unless I no get option...that's when I cook.

I ma nu, nwoke NNE ya na amutaghi nwaanyi, ga wu zi, nwoke buru kwa Ada...cheesy

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
Men who grew up with sisters have this sense of entitlement that certain things should be done for them.
They also hate chores.
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 6:01am On Mar 07, 2021
mariahAngel:

Mothers though... cheesy

grin

Yeah.

Men who grew up with sisters have this sense of entitlement that certain things should be done for them.
They also hate chores.
Lol.. True talk..

Yes NA, before u wake, ur sister must av cooked, clean everywhere and other chores...especially sisters that are hygiene conscious... U know some ladies can be akpa dirty like some guys.

But, if no sister, u must learn to do everything as a guy...Even cooking good meals.

And u know nowadays, ndi mma na a hangi boot osiso from kitchen ones they have daughters...but if she no get, she cook cook come tire...grin

And mothers without daughters can do kitchen shakara well well.

That's y I will always pray to have at least one or two so nwaanyi agahu eji NRI mere m guy....ya su, nwa m nwaanyi a banye kitchen..grin
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol.. True talk..

Yes NA, before u wake, ur sister must av cooked, clean everywhere and other chores...especially sisters that are hygiene conscious... U know some ladies can be akpa dirty like some guys.

I si akpa dirty? grin

But, if no sister, u must learn to do everything as a guy...Even cooking good meals.

And u know nowadays, ndi mma na a hangi boot osiso from kitchen ones they have daughters...but if she no get, she cook cook come tire...grin

Owu eshiokwu

And mothers without daughters can do kitchen shakara well well.

That's y I will always pray to have at least one or two so nwaanyi agahu eji NRI mere m guy....ya su, nwa m nwaanyi a banye kitchen..grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Daughters are usually more on their father's side.
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 9:08pm On Mar 07, 2021
mariahAngel:

I si akpa dirty? grin

Owu eshiokwu

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Daughters are usually more on their father's side.
Ehee NA...a huge turn off for a lady with poor hygiene.

Yea...I even want my first to be a girl....cheesy It will reduce burden on the mom...for kitchen and some other chores..

I ma nwaanyi choro I ghogbu di ya, ya si ike gwuru ya.. Maka oru di n'ulo...Nwoke mmadu adi confused with ihe ya na ya so...cheesy
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
Munzy14:

Ehee NA...a huge turn off for a lady with poor hygiene.

Yeah.
Even guys too o...mana umu nwoke na dikari dirty

Yea...I even want my first to be a girl....cheesy It will reduce burden on the mom...for kitchen and some other chores..

I ma nwaanyi choro I ghogbu di ya, ya si ike gwuru ya.. Maka oru di n'ulo...Nwoke mmadu adi confused with ihe ya na ya so...cheesy

Mbakwa o!
O kacha mma ka nwa nwoke wuru nke ishi o, mana nke owula Chineke kwadoro onye, ya were ya otu ahu.
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by descarado: 11:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 5:03am On Mar 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

Yeah.
Even guys too o...mana umu nwoke na dikari dirty

Mbakwa o!
O kacha mma ka nwa nwoke wuru nke ishi o, mana nke owula Chineke kwadoro onye, ya were ya otu ahu.
Lol maka oru ha na-aru NA....cheesy But not all men o.

So a woman as the home manager kwesiri iwu a neat freak..She corrects her man and the kids.

Mana ya bia wuru akpa dirty, ebelebe egbuo la.

Hahahaha...umu nwaanyi ga a like ka nwoke wuru first... But I will want a girl.

You know in Igbo, nwaanyi muta nwoke, ya wuru na foundation ya a dila strong in her Hubby's home. The more the boys, the more solid is her foundation.

Oto a mma m bu 4boys ya, ihe owu wu nu egwim..cheesy

And usually in my extended FAM, ihe ha na amukari wu mainly ofu nwa nwoke ma owu abuo.
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol maka oru ha na-aru NA....cheesy But not all men o.

So a woman as the home manager kwesiri iwu a neat freak..She corrects her man and the kids.

Mana ya bia wuru akpa dirty, ebelebe egbuo la.

Owu eshiokwu. cheesy

Hahahaha...umu nwaanyi ga a like ka nwoke wuru first... But I will want a girl.

You know in Igbo, nwaanyi muta nwoke, ya wuru na foundation ya a dila strong in her Hubby's home. The more the boys, the more solid is her foundation.

Daughters are very special... especially to their fathers

Owuhu nani na-ala Igbo...

Oto a mma m bu 4boys ya, ihe owu wu nu egwim..cheesy

And usually in my extended FAM, ihe ha na amukari wu mainly ofu nwa nwoke ma owu abuo.

Oh...
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 6:04am On Mar 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Owu eshiokwu. cheesy

Daughters are very special... especially to their fathers

Owuhu nani na-ala Igbo...

Oh...
Yes, just like sons pamper the mothers.
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2021
Munzy14:

Yes, just like sons pamper the mothers.

Owukwanu eshiokwu.
Mana, otu a unu nile wucha umu nwoke, onye legekwanu ihu daadii unu? grin
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Owukwanu eshiokwu.
Mana, otu a unu nile wucha umu nwoke, onye legekwanu ihu daadii unu? grin
Lol
Nwoke anaghi a pamper nwoke ibe ya NAgrin

But he looks like say he be our elder brother with his regular jean and T-shirt attire.

You know if u have all boys, your hubby go deh look younger with wears and some act.

If u have all girls, you will be looking younger and girly as a mom..I don't know if you've noticed such?[center][/center]
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol
Nwoke anaghi a pamper nwoke ibe ya NAgrin

But he looks like say he be our elder brother with his regular jean and T-shirt attire.

Onwehu nsogbu cheesy

You know if u have all boys, your hubby go deh look younger with wears and some act.

If u have all girls, you will be looking younger and girly as a mom..I don't know if you've noticed such?[center][/center]

Well, mpa'm di strict, so I wouldn't say I relate.
Re: The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Onwehu nsogbu cheesy

Well, mpa'm di strict, so I wouldn't say I relate.
Isi onwehu nsogbu?

Owu ya..onye ahu wu nsogbu na onwe ya...cheesy

Hmmm..this strictness must be tough one... Ihe I huru mee, GI ni ya kwesiri wu 5&6 as Ada ya na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bush Rabbit We Killed / The Huge Python My Friend Bought In Epe / Crocodile And Snake Served At A Party In Ibadan (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.