Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend (40398 Views)

As A Lady, Would You Accept Marriage Proposal From A Guy Living In This Room? / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Reex12(m): 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
nawoo

8yrs no be 8days or 8months oh
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by pointblank247(m): 5:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
You are dating someone in your age group or so he thinks.
Solution.
Stop being over available. Get busy, explore other relationships possibilities, I mean, open up to other guys that may want to get close but don't throw your self at any body,

Meanwhile I know a man that is as ready as you.

7 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by adeniran22890: 5:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
It’s sad but you have to let him go. The last thing you want to do is force a man into marriage, he’ll be unhappy and so will you.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Bankalert(m): 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country
This is confirmation of your madness on Nairaland... Check yabaleft undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by hammerDK: 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

His current salary is 60k, yet he doesn't want us to go into marriage now.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
1. Time is not on my side
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
3. I'm ready and he is not ready.
Please I need advise. I don't know what to do.

8 YEARS, Y NOT JUST GET PREGNANT FOR HIM.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Offpoint1: 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
Sister Abigail please I'll propose this year
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by BruncleZuma: 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://media1./images/2e2bea6251c7c05a01c8a2b65a03285a/tenor.gif[/img]

My daughter I believe you need move on or persevere till the day he starts making 'money' and all his extended and nuclear family comes to share what little he makes with you.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Ojemedad: 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
If he refuse to propose then propose to him

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by dreu2fine(m): 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
You are beginning to piss me off on this forum, respect yourself
ls give her ur advice
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PAWG(m): 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:
You never mentioned what you contribute to the 60k that you want to manage!

Are you sure you are ready?

Oga she works too and probably earns as much or even more than he does. I dey find this kind understanding babe, I think I've found her, time till tell.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Faithful1234(m): 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

His current salary is 60k, yet he doesn't want us to go into marriage now.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
1. Time is not on my side
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
3. I'm ready and he is not ready.
Please I need advise. I don't know what to do.
find your way bfr u enter one chance.no talk say I no tell u my advice no the Miss taget oooo.i see another coming from behind.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by IBILEmayweather(m): 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
Hahahah, I can’t help but laugh. This Zzor na fool oo��...50 ke??
Zzor:
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by tbtosine(m): 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2021
is it a must for him to do the propose ? If he fails to propose to you then propose to him na. U no dey watch all this juhan joyan yanyan films ? Make a difference jor.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by GeneralPula: 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2021
He may be having a special plan of proposing after 600years..
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by tito44: 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
Abigail11, how old re u?
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by alasane: 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
I remember my first heartbreak I woke my sister 5 months old baby and explained everything to him he cried too

12 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by YorubaPrince: 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
grin
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Divineokaih: 6:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
Pele dear
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2021
Let me make this clear to you the op and the Ladies reading this ;

THE LONGER YOU DATE A GUY THE LESS LIKELY HE WILL MARRY YOU.

You see there are phases in a relationship, the important phase in a relationship is the *see finish phase* ,it is always advisable to go through this phase in marriage, this phase usually spans between the first five years of a marriage. But when the relationship prolongs it spans into the *see you finish* phase with no proper commitment.

Now I am sure he is not more than five years older than you, that even makes it worse for you my dear op. When he finally makes his millions the probability that he will want to settle down with a woman he has *see finish* and also close to his age group is very slim.

Leave or stay it's your choice, but just know one thing ,the chances that this guy will end up marrying you is 0.1% out of 100%.

If you do decide to stay, you can only force marriage out of him by getting pregnant for him. That is the only way as it stands. Goodluck with the *time waster* cos you are going to need alot of luck.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by mejai(m): 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2021
Dump him nah. How many yrs come remain for ur would be husband?
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Draei: 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:
Marriage is not all life is about

Focus on building yourself first... have a personal vision and drive... if you find another person along the way you move on
If he happens to be ready then you marry

But don’t marry him because he’s available and you’re “running out of time”.... who gave you time table??

Focus on your personal life and all will fall in place

"Who gave you timetable.?"

I like that question, most girls need to hear this.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by naijadrivablog: 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2021
Lord of the rings. 99% chance that he will not marry you.
Make una shun formication.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by IjawAboki007: 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2021
If you think time is not on your side
Break up with him and leave. No stress!

3 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by izubext007: 6:10pm On Mar 03, 2021
try give him a break......u will see he will come to his senses a bite.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Pweetyccee(f): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
8 years wow shocked
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by IjawAboki007: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2021
If you think time is not on your side
Break up with him and leave. No stree I'm sure he'll understand too.

Also remember the next relationship you rushing might not guarantee fast marriage. Bobo go wan chop small too

3 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2021
A long-term relationship isn't always advisable. If after a year, you both or one of you aren't sure of taking the relationship to the next level, then you should quit. Date only when you are ready to settle down. Things like this breed ground for long term fornication, abortions even, too much familiarity and then after so many years when the spark has fizzled out completely, one of you will think it's fit to tell the other it's quits. Very unfair.

When you date a man in this situation, and you ask him about marriage and you see that he isn't forthcoming, please, don't be afraid to keep options, at least to be on the safer side if things go north. I will bet my life on this that if today you leave that guy, he will settle down with another woman by next year. He has seen too much of you. 8 years is too long a time to date someone. I doubt if he still has feelings for you. He may even be seeing you as a sister now. It's pathetic.

Date ONLY when you are ready for marriage, please and find someone who's as well ready for marriage. I know men can say one thing and mean another thing some times but you can always tell what they want from you if you are discerning. Your instincts can never lie. And talk to him about this. If he's not yielding or doesn't still see why he should propose to you, please feel free to leave him. I don't know how old you are, but you are a woman and your time is limited. Don't waste it on an indecisive and irresponsible man. Be assertive on this. I wish you the best of luck.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by siryolo4: 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:
Marriage is not all life is about

Focus on building yourself first... have a personal vision and drive... if you find another person along the way you move on
If he happens to be ready then you marry

But don’t marry him because he’s available and you’re “running out of time”.... who gave you time table??

Focus on your personal life and all will fall in place

I love that question... "who gave you time table"?
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by HeavenlyHolines(m): 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
I wish I can tell u my own story. It's very similar to yours. You can send me an email

3 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by LINTUNE(m): 6:16pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
lol..are u for real?..u can't date a
a man below 50?..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Pre-wedding Photoshoot / Lady Tweets She Wants A Porsche SUV, Few Days Later Her Man Made It Happen(pics) / Two Nairalanders Are Getting Married Next Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.