Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend (40393 Views)

As A Lady, Would You Accept Marriage Proposal From A Guy Living In This Room? / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country

Wise talk. But answer me this: why must a man or woman be financially stable before marriage?
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Torigin: 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2021
50 cha grin grin

Zzor:
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by JOACHINpedro: 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wittyduchess:
No ,you cant just come and cancel without dropping your input as to why you think it's an unreasonable fallacy. If you are smart enough to cancel then you should be smart enough to tell us why you think so?.

Any ignorant fool can cancel a comment and use big words ,but only an intelligent person will be able to counter with their own points.
Well Ma. it's a simple thing, go back see what I put and come back.
That angry emoji was merely used to book space as I couldn't type on the tricycle I boarded.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:

so nah ready made men you dey look for up and down?!
even if he's old enough to be ya grandpa?! oh'kay nah, you go meet am there!
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Casham: 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
My big bro will be 32 this March. He is getting married April to his girlfriend of ten years(shit started 2011 during JAMB lessons). Right now he's earning N40k per month. She's earning N11k. She's 30yrs old. I tried to talk him out of that shit, but dude won't listen. All I am saying is people hardly ever change their minds because of others. Just sit him down and talk to him about your fears and the sacrifice he's asking you to make if he still wants you to wait. If you two can't agree, then I'll advice you still keep him for a year, but codedly start looking for backup. When you find one who is ready, then table his(the present bf's) options to him.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
DEMZEE:

As A Man who wants to b a Patriarch, how will u rule and run ur home of money has nothing to do with marriage uhn

Are you saying that having a wife by your side will prevent you from making money? How?
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
Dump the mothafoka ass

He's a weak man

He shouldn't have been dating u in the first place

He should have spun plates and gone on monk mode, focus on his goals and ambitions.

I wonder why guys do this tho, date someone exclusively wen u have not achieved anything worthwhile yet SMH!
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
Casham:
My big bro will be 32 this March. He is getting married April to his girlfriend of ten years(shit started 2011 during JAMB lessons). Right now he's earning N40k per month. She's earning N11k. She's 30yrs old. I tried to talk him out of that shit, but dude won't listen. All I am saying is people hardly ever change their minds because of others. Just sit him down and talk to him about your fears and the sacrifice he's asking you to make if he still wants you to wait. If you two can't agree, then I'll advice you still keep him for a year, but codedly start looking for backup. When you find one who is ready, then table his(the present bf's) options to him.

Your brother is wise
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Wise talk. But answer me this: why must a man or woman be financially stable before marriage?
Because financial stability sustain marriage to a great extent
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
You are beginning to piss me off on this forum, respect yourself
grin
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

Fixed smiley
Nah, there have been cases of women waiting for guys who are abroad and still ended up getting dumped .so what will you say about that?
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2021
LINTUNE:
lol..are u for real?..u can't date a
a man below 50?..
I don't have eyes for young men,I don't want to complicate someone's life,my comfort, security and happiness matters a lot to me

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Are you saying that having a wife by your side will prevent you from making money? How?

Women are hypergamous

Women see weak and strong men not equality of the sexes. That's why they date And marry upwards and not downwards.

Men now because of our idealized way of loving a woman see equality of the sexes.

As a patriarch, ur wife isn't coming to build ur world with u, she's coming inside ur already built world. U rule over her and dominate her in ur world in all areas except for the feminine role areas of ur world. Her femininity blossoms and shines because u are already her lord and her husband.

Her supporting u is going to make her masculine and she will hate u for it. I don't depend on any lady to support me, I just want her to come into my built world and use her femininity to beautify it.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by jorez: 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
60k for this economy,my dear go if you nor fit wait....that guys is a wise man

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2021
DEMZEE:

Women are hypergamous

Women see weak and strong men not equality of the sexes. That's why they date upwards and not downwards.

Men now because of our idealized way of loving a woman see equality of the sexes.

As a patriarch, ur wife isn't coming to build ur world with u, she's coming inside ur already built world. U rule over her and dominate her in ur world in all areas except for the feminine role areas of ur world. Her femininity blossoms and shines because u are already her lord and her husband.

Her supporting u is going to make her masculine and she will hate u for it. I don't depend on any lady to support me, I just want her to come into my built world and use her femininity to beautify it.

But that's IF you have a built world. The question again: how does having her prevent you from building it? If anything you'd even use her in building

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Kirkman: 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2021
CSTRR:
8 years of dating with no break in between.

Performing all the conjugal duties for him.

Abeg, hold him tight and force him.
He Don too chop you abeg.

I am sure he can draw you naked perfectly offhand.
Guy you nor well.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by SMBH: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Few months to graduation, na so my gf started persuading me for marriage. She said her savings from N-Power salary would go a long way while we seek for better offers (not knowing the first set beneficiaries would be discarded last year). I know she's so concerned about getting married early,,,,@23. I just advised her to look for someone else that I wasn't ready financially. She did & got married last year. Sincerely,,,, if not for one kind stain wey dey her white, I for force myself into the marriage coz the girl is 70x better than Zzor angry. I no wan hold any grudge inside marriage

Nigga you no serious oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by JOACHINpedro: 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wittyduchess:
Nah, there have been cases of women waiting for guys who are abroad and still ended up getting dumped .so what will you say about that?
I'll say what any reasonable person will say.
Know thy worth
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by pozehnani(f): 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2021
Kirkman:

My sister advice your fellow sister OP o! E go shock her pass Nepa high-tension wire.

I'm telling you.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Hamiltonii: 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
I don't have eyes for young men,I don't want to complicate someone's life,my comfort, security and happiness matters a lot to me
That means you're a fvcking gold digger.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:

But that's IF you have a built world. The question again: how does having her prevent you from building it? If anything you'd even use her in building

Don't u get my point

Women are hypergamous and will always seek a man who has high value And his value is higher than hers for mating and for commitment.

Women hate building with a man because she will be forced to b masculine and she detests entering the masculinity essence. It kills her femininity bro

Only a weak and useless man will depend on his wife for financial support or use his wife as backup plan for finances!!!

4 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Sam0(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:

Below 50yrs? zee your comment make sense ooo but that age bracket you put eeh come spoil everything.You of all people
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 7:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
Because financial stability sustain marriage to a great extent

But how does having a wife by your side prevent you from becoming financially stable?
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Erums(m): 7:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:

Na person wen go die leave property for u... U dey find
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

I'll say what any reasonable person will say.
Know your worth
So that means you do agree that your comment was born out of ignorance.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by JOACHINpedro: 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wittyduchess:
So that means you do agree that your comment was born out of ignorance.

See eh, I'm not in a good mood this eveningy and believe you me you wouldn't wana get bite of my today aggression. So abeg, lemme make I mad this mad in peace.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
DEMZEE:

Don't u get my point

Women are hypergamous and will always seek a man who has high value And his value is higher than hers for mating and for commitment.

Women hate building with a man because she will be forced to b masculine and she detests entering the masculinity essence. It kills her femininity bro

Only a weak and useless man will depend on his wife for financial support or use his wife as backup plan for finances!!!

It's you who don’t get my point. What if you don't have it?? What you do have to offer is marriage. In exchange she'd give you the support you need to build up yourself to satisfy her hypergamousness

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
Perfectsouth:
she gave me like 5missed call this morning and was like, I only send money for upkeep and don't even call to check on them.. That I only call to talk to my kids whenever she is not at home...
This is someone that left when I Had financial issues,she no even look back.. She don roam the whole place and realized, men out there are only for the Bleep and not settling down.. She now wants to come back to me, the Boda ode she left..

Young woman, leave the man to decide hsi life.. You are only clamoring for proposal and thereafter wedding because you want to settle down cos age is no longer on your side..
After marriage and he is not doing OK, na una go still mount pressure on the poor man..

So many ladies of nowadays use marriage as a front.. Once they pitch their tent with a man, they now start coded runs because they know they have a home.
I thank God for opening my eyes cos I too suffer for woman hand..
Believe me, na married women fornicate pass..

Leave the young man to arrange and organize his life and don't distract him from becoming who he wants to be...
One thing I like about the male gender is,we are just like wine, the older, the better

Bros bros I hail thee, I see the red pill coursing through ur veins!

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by bejeria101(m): 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
You better walk away
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by spiceadole: 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

His current salary is 60k, yet he doesn't want us to go into marriage now.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
1. Time is not on my side
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
3. I'm ready and he is not ready.
Please I need advise. I don't know what to do.

You are not smart.
Dating a man for that long, no commitment in sight
To the stage that the man even makes it clear he is not ready to marry(you)... Yet you don't know what to do.

8 good years....

I can bet my left breast, he won't even marry you whenever he is ready.

I'm sure the relationship was filled with knacks and maybe, abortion(s).. if not, you won't be asking what to do.

It's very simple.. LEAVE HIM. MOVE ON!

3 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Chamberlin1983(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2021
[quote author=EkelediliBuhari post=99568677]Marriage is not all life is about

Focus on building yourself first... have a personal vision and drive... if you find another person along the way you move on
If he happens to be ready then you marry

But don’t marry him because he’s available and you’re “running out of time”.... who gave you time table??

Lol. I cant stop laughing.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by ernecy(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

His current salary is 60k, yet he doesn't want us to go into marriage now.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
1. Time is not on my side
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
3. I'm ready and he is not ready.
Please I need advise. I don't know what to do.

Madam!!..Go look for another man if u can't wait. How do expect him to marry you on 60k salary... :
tomorrow you will come here to complain how he can't take care of you plus childrens and you'll call him name like lazy, irresponsible or good for nothing..

Guys don't ever let any woman, hand twist u to marry her, when u ain't ready... U try it u suffer.
When push comes to shove, she and the whole world will u and only u...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Pre-wedding Pictures / My Boyfriend Sent Me Packing After Infecting Me With HIV; Pregnant 19yrs Teen / Lady Tweets She Wants A Porsche SUV, Few Days Later Her Man Made It Happen(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.