Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend (40401 Views)

As A Lady, Would You Accept Marriage Proposal From A Guy Living In This Room? / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by authority2006(m): 8:39pm On Mar 03, 2021
Chummynoni:

What is he meant to do?
I can learn from your advise as well

He and his fiancée needs to sit and discuss about how to boost their income. For how long are they going to postpone the marriage? 8 years already after graduation.
They could pull their little resources (savings) together and let either the man or the woman go into buying and selling while the other one continues with the salary work. The one with salary work can assist after closing hour.
I got married with far less amount as salary but I quickly realised that I needed to change my orientation concerning work and income. I'm not there yet but the decision paid off.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by frozen70(f): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

His current salary is 60k, yet he doesn't want us to go into marriage now.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
1. Time is not on my side
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
3. I'm ready and he is not ready.
Please I need advise. I don't know what to do.

My dear sister, it's obvious he is not ready to settle down in another eight years, meaning he will be using you to satisfy himself and once you become pregnant, you are own your own

Pls make up your mind and look elsewhere,

Your time and his time are not in the same speed

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by eazyduzit: 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
Come get me,am ready.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Cachetdotng: 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
The men are stranded grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
frank950:

at this age and time, you still think that getting g pregnant for a guy will force him to marry you... lol...
The only thing that can make a guy commit to you after a long time is of he really loves you.
Every lady knows a guy that loves her .... when you are confused on whether or not he loves you, clarify things with him and move on.
If the same guy were to impregnate someone else at this junction,he will gladly dump the op and marry the new lady. Hope you know that . undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by lushak(m): 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
[quote author=Zzor post=99579090]Anything wrong with the comment?we all have our preferences and we make our own choices too[/quoteu

U are right anyway. Who am I to question ur choice!
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Laird(m): 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
Let's forget sentiments

Forget wedding ceremony

Marriage Life needs money

Money for Bigger apartment

Money for pregnancy and antenatal and medical Pregnancy issues and baby issues

It is not cheap even if You go to a government hospital

Sometimes the pregnancy or the baby has health issues and the mother can't work. The man now carries the whole burden and inflation and prices are going up
Marriage is a lot of duties, responsibilities and requirements and obligations.

Time, effort and Money.

If You are not ready, don't enter particularly for Men

If You go to hospital without money, You would be insulted
If You can't pay your rent, your landlord might insult You
If You can't provide everything needed for Your family, You might not feel.happy within yourself and your wife might even start to disrespect You

The Hard Painful truth

I have been down that route before.

I was not earning enough then and the breakout plan did not work out.

I couldn't carry more than myself so a settlement was reached and that was it

3 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by letitrainnow(m): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
cool
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by EndRape2(f): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
Are there no other suitors coming?

Leave him and accept other proposal s

See a guy that trully loves you will be the one shouting for marriage, even without any money, he will not mind starting from a room because he does not want to loose you,. See the guy has alternatives , like there are other girls he sees as better choice, he is only waiting for you to go, so he can propose to them.

even if you talk him into marriage you will not enjoy the marriage, he will still cheat on you.

You have try, accept other suitors,

But you can test his love by telling him, somebody is interested in marrying you, and watch his reply, if he should reply you with marry the person, it is a sign he has no interest in marrying you.

Secondly you can stop sex in the relationship, and other wifey duty you are doing, hope you are not living with him, because living with him, is a big error, that will never make a man marry you,
Stop all duties, like sex , cooking , washing,. At least you have done it for 8years no result stop it, and give your self , self respect.

For eight years I am sure you have been removing pregnancy for him,

What is his reaction when ever you are pregnant, did he say keep it, or remove it?

If he has been saying remove it, sister run run run run from that relationship.

If you grow old with him, when he dumps you, nairaland boys will call you old news paper,. Be wise , and act fast.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Laird(m): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2021
:- Don't go to the hospital with your pregnancy or pregnant wife without keeping Better money aside

I have told You Oooooooooo. Ask your nurses and doctor and Pharmacy friends who work in the hospital even government hospitals. Don't make Yourself the subject of insult and ridicule.

Don't even think of calling relatives or people.to Vail You out for delivery Hospital Money.. They might not talk but they most times would be resentful in their mind

Marriage

Pregnancy

Children

Wife
Family

All need money to keep things running smoothly

Men.who has ears, let him.hear

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by OyinO: 8:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
What proposal are you waiting for? You're already married without dowry payment. Just tell him to go pay your dowry, and if he refuses, call it end of the road.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by ogbonti: 8:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
Godoverevery:
what is your contribution towards this financially.

Marriage require alot.....him marrying you isn't the prob but life after wedding is the issh.

Just this week alone .....money I drop for feeding have double....my fiancee went to the market yesterday and i had to spend almost double of what I normally spend... cost of living is too high.

if he is on 60k and you can come up with 30k you have a shout but if you aren't contributing just free the man abeg.

she is a liability joor
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by frank950(m): 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2021
Kingstanding:
. For good eight years? I hope he married you later if not the person that will marry you in future I pity am. And he had been making love with you for that right years? I swear if I didn't marry you your future husband cannot meet good thing there anymore. My candid advice is to leave that guy, he can not marry you I swear, he will just be posting you.If guys really love a lady it's the guy that will be begging that please marry me na if money no dey today money go come tommorow because he will do anything just to convince you. The guy in question is tired of your pussy I swear the truth is bitter. Majorities of relationship that is more than two years na cry dey end am. You have used your body to play betnaija.

why is it that when issue of relationship is discussed in Nigeria, the only tangible thing people use to rate the woman is sex, elasticity of the pussy...... it says alot about relationship in this country and it's bad, really bad.

The standard is so low; not great ideas, plans, intellectual engagement, career growth, or at least being at par with the other in terms of social live and exposure.
It's always the issue of the man having enough coitus with the woman, or the woman's exceeding marriageable age.
Or the woman trying to trap the man into marriage with pregnancy.

There is need for more......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by IKennaGabriel(m): 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2021
Can't you wait for him to be ready too?
ogbonti:

she is a liability joor
Can't you wait for him to be ready too?
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Lomprico2: 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?

different strokes for different folks.
my guy wants to marry his girl after 8yrs but she wants him to make millions first. Dude has proposed twice on different occasions and she turned him down that he has not made money enough.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by authority2006(m): 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2021
Draei:

"Who gave you timetable.?"

I like that question, most girls need to hear this.

siryolo4:

I love that question... "who gave you time table"?

God gave them timetable, a biological timetable. May be you and the one you quoted didn't know that.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by eastgates1: 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2021
Dear Abigail,
trust this meets you well, i usually dont comment on sm but your pain can be felt.
I also understand the young man, it's not been easy on them with the current economic situation.
I know the pressures of time as you are not getting younger with your biological clock ticking coupled with your parents and friends asking questions, "when will you marry?"
I would suggest to leave him,there are more opportunies waiting out there, men willing to start where they are and with what they have.
I believe there are lessons this must have shown you about indecisive time wasters.
I also know about the time, energy and resources invested but you cant get to canaan without leaving egypt and if you still want to wait because you believe in him and are sure he has integrity, its your call, weigh the options carefully, then make a decision quickly and stick to it.
You are an adult now your life, your responsibility.
I look forward to your wedding invite.
Signed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by UjuJoan2: 8:53pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:

My problem is this:

You want to marry a guy earning 60k?

I don’t understand? Are you rich yourself? Because that’s the only way the marriage will work.

Do you realize how hard things are now, and to start a family with such meager income.

Pls if you are not financially capable and ready to cater for your family leave that man alone. Don’t force him into making the greatest mistake of his
Life.

Why on earth will you even date a guy for 8years. And a poor one at that! Nawa.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by UjuJoan2: 8:55pm On Mar 03, 2021
Lomprico2:

different strokes for different folks.
my guy wants to marry his girl after 8yrs but she wants him to make millions first. Dude has proposed twice on different occasions and she turned him down that he has not made money enough.

Wise girl.

Not everyone is ready to suffer in the name of marriage!!
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by akanbiaa(m): 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
UjuJoan2:

You want to marry a guy earning 60k?

I don’t understand? Are you rich yourself? Because that’s the only way the marriage will work.

Do you realize how hard things are now, and to start a family with such meager income.

Pls if you are not financially capable and ready to cater for your family leave that man alone. Don’t force him into making the greatest mistake of his
Life.

Why on earth will you even date a guy for 8years. And a poor one at that! Nawa.
I respect your opinion but just want to also call your attention that there are many people in fact in the majority that husband and wife are earning 15k or less each monthly especially private school teachers, things might not be rosy for them but the are surviving. But it's always best to plan well and manage resources well.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Lomprico2: 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
UjuJoan2:

Wise girl.

Hungry, gold digging girl like you. the guy was well to do, lives in a 2bedroom flat n drives a 2009 Camry. News flash, she is still single 3yrs after dumping him.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
The characters on this NL na second to none.

See comments. grin
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by timisquare82(m): 9:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country
So you have been dating married men all this while because no man would still remain single at that age. So you are a home breaker?

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by UjuJoan2: 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
Lomprico2:

Hungry, gold digging girl like you. the guy was well to do, lives in a 2bedroom flat n drives a 2009 Camry. News flash, she is still single 3yrs after dumping him.

Okay . . . If you say so!
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by UjuJoan2: 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
akanbiaa:
I respect your opinion but just want to also call your attention that there are many people in fact in the majority that husband and wife are earning 15k or less each monthly especially private school teachers, things might not be rosy for them but the are surviving. But it's always best to plan well and manage resources well.

But what kind of life would they have? These people are graduates so already they should be at a certain level in life. Their kids too.

I don’t know, but 60k to me is just too damn small. Maybe if they were BOTH earning 60k each . . .
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Ernesthugo(m): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:

My problem is this:
I think you ugly
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by laoludavid(m): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
Realhommie:
Hehehehe... I was just laughing reading that part, lol.

My sister called me yesterday and was telling me about one of her husband's extended family relation whose wife is frustrating now ehn, to the extent he's become a drunk.

His salary was 50k, the girl was working too and she was an angel, lol. Cajoled the bobo with loyalty and an overdose of sweetness, saying we'll manage and all. Now his 50k can't do nothing anymore coz they have a kid together who's a few months old. He's been borrowing to float his family and he's become a laughing stock to his in-laws. He's frustrated.

My sis was almost crying when she was telling me coz of how close this guy is to her husband. That the guy called her husband and was crying seriously, a mature man. But i blame him coz he gave in to pressure to get married.

No man should ever attempt to get married if he isn't financially stable, otherwise he'll struggle for life and it will take God's mercy to maybe liberate him. So forget all this "we'll manage, I'll manage" which they always say. Once you marry them and can no longer meet up to your responsibilities then respect goes out the window, you become a rag, your life becomes a living hell.

The dude is a very sensible dude with a good head over his shoulders, I like him for his stand. It's either she exercise more patience or move ahead rather than worry the young man for marriage.

This should serve as lesson to upcoming husband that we should know the word 'I will cope with the little we have' is a statement from a desperate woman.

A man should know that the moment he marries, he didn't marry only the woman but his in laws too which will add to his responsibility no matter how small it is.

And truth be told 50k salary is very small to raise a family in Nigeria of today (especially if you come from a average family).

My average salary with bonus is around 50k and believe me I hardly have any saving (tho i have a side investment and a little boy). Things are hard and we need to be very pragmatic in our decision (especially marital decision).

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by frank950(m): 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2021
DEMZEE:

Don't u get my point

Women are hypergamous and will always seek a man who has high value And his value is higher than hers for mating and for commitment.

Women hate building with a man because she will be forced to b masculine and she detests entering the masculinity essence. It kills her femininity bro

Only a weak and useless man will depend on his wife for financial support or use his wife as backup plan for finances!!!

this is so funny, wahala for who is considering her hypergamy and femininity.

so wait, what will be her role in your life if she can't support you financial when need be......

we give ourselves too much burden in this short life. Always placing ourselves in an overreaching pedestal to maintain our ego.

If a woman renders financial support to you and feel she doesn't need to respect you because of that, you shouldn't be in a relationship with her at the first place....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Draei: 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
authority2006:

God gave them timetable, a biological timetable. May be you and the one you quoted didn't know that.

E pass menopause.? Abegi!
There is still ample of time in this case.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by LordKO(m): 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
UjuJoan2:

Wise girl.

Ujujoan, use your church mind dash this young lady at least 10m naira so that she can help her man to arrange the marriage sharp sharp. Be a good sister to her.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by UjuJoan2: 9:12pm On Mar 03, 2021
LordKO:

Ujujoan, use your church mind dash this young lady at least 10m naira so that she can help her man to arrange the marriage sharp sharp. Big a good sister to her.

wink cheesy

The lord himself . . . I hail oh!! cool cheesy
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by LordKO(m): 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2021
UjuJoan2:

wink cheesy

The lord himself . . . I hail oh!! cool cheesy

Lol. Na me hail pass.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

My Pre-wedding Photoshoot / Lady Tweets She Wants A Porsche SUV, Few Days Later Her Man Made It Happen(pics) / Two Nairalanders Are Getting Married Next Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.