Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist (14737 Views)

Marrying A Feminist / "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Harddiskng(m): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2021
SouthNigerian:

Summary of the story - How your dad treats your mother has made you devoid of love/affection for the male gender.

You have to option (1) To cling to your past (2) Move past your experience, believing unlike your mother’s experience you are worthy of true and true love would definitely find you.

If you choose (1) a life devoid of love, trust me you won’t find happiness or fulfillment no matter how much wealth or prestige you accumulate. We humans were made to be loved. You deserve to be loved.

Why does the Nigerian Feminism always originated from a place of insufficiency, abandonment and lack of love. It is really scary

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by shegun4sur: 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2021
SouthNigerian:
Happy International Women's Day to the females out there.

When growing up as a child, my Mom faced a lot of discriminations in the hands of my Dad and his family.

She faced constant assaults physically, emotionally and spiritually. My Dad never wanted my Mom to fulfill her potentials because he felt his authority in the house would be challenged if my Mom become financially independent. My Dad's anti-progressive attitudes towards my Mom drained all her aspirations to become great in life.

She abandoned her lofty ambitions because she's a wife. She left the things that would have made her fulfilled because she's had to save her marriage. My parents lack of cooperation affected my upbringing and education(thanks to exposure and good friends). I could have been making South Nigeria proud if I had good education but hey, here we are grin

I discovered my Mom wasn't the only person in the league of subjugation by men. It came to my knowledge that women are slaved beings in that thing called Marriage. I discovered most men are envious of their women who seek to be free and great in life.

All of my childhood experiences and societal ideologies made me arrive at the conclusion that marriage is nothing but a trap for women. Crazy enough, women are the ones who seek marriage the most.

I have decided never to get married because I believe in great potentials that women harbor. I strongly believe in the strength of women. I believe in women's capabilities.

Many of you guys would say Nigerian Women are useless. How many of you guys would husband a woman who aspire to be as great as Okonjo Iweala, Folorunsho Alakija? How many of you doesn't mind having a wife who is richer and influential than you are? Well, me don't mind seeing my woman greater than I am. Her breakthroughs would only multiply my desire to be greater.

As for me, I have decided to shun marriage. Even if I have to get married in the future, she must be a woman capable of challenging me. What I mean by challenge here isn't the woman who quarrel me, I mean the woman who have a lot to bring on the table. A woman I can gain from intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and of course physically. She must be a woman ready to speak up for other women.

FEMINISM DOESN'T BRING AN END TO THE THOUSAND YEARS REIGN OF MEN IN THE SOCIETY. FEMINISM IS CREATING A FUTURE OF FREEDOM FOR BOTH GENDERS TO GO AHEAD AND FULFILL THEIR GREATEST POTENTIALS.

My Advice to Our Ladies Out There:
Seek to be independent in all ramifications. Financial, emotional, spiritual, physical independence etc.

Choose to be the best you can be with track records, don't choose to be a hoe.

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY.

All those women you mentioned, are they married to white men?
It's not about how many men can do whatever, it's about acknowledging that your father specifically and people of his type are defective humans, unfortunately they are plenty.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2021
SouthNigerian:

When growing up as a child, my Mom faced a lot of discriminations in the hands of my Dad and his family.

She faced constant assaults physically, emotionally and spiritually. My Dad never wanted my Mom to fulfill her potentials because he felt his authority in the house would be challenged if my Mom become financially independent. My Dad's anti-progressive attitudes towards my Mom drained all her aspirations to become great in life.

She abandoned her lofty ambitions because she's a wife. She left the things that would have made her fulfilled because she's had to save her marriage. My parents lack of cooperation affected my upbringing and education(thanks to exposure and good friends). I could have been making South Nigeria proud if I had good education but hey, here we are grin

I discovered my Mom wasn't the only person in the league of subjugation by men. It came to my knowledge that women are slaved beings in that thing called Marriage. I discovered most men are envious of their women who seek to be free and great in life.

All of my childhood experiences and societal ideologies made me arrive at the conclusion that marriage is nothing but a trap for women. Crazy enough, women are the ones who seek marriage the most.

I have decided never to get married because I believe in great potentials that women harbor. I strongly believe in the strength of women. I believe in women's capabilities.

Many of you guys would say Nigerian Women are useless. How many of you guys would husband a woman who aspire to be as great as Okonjo Iweala, Folorunsho Alakija? How many of you doesn't mind having a wife who is richer and influential than you are? Well, me don't mind seeing my woman greater than I am. Her breakthroughs would only multiply my desire to be greater.

As for me, I have decided to shun marriage. Even if I have to get married in the future, she must be a woman capable of challenging me. What I mean by challenge here isn't the woman who quarrel me, I mean the woman who have a lot to bring on the table. A woman I can gain from intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and of course physically. She must be a woman ready to speak up for other women.

FEMINISM DOESN'T BRING AN END TO THE THOUSAND YEARS REIGN OF MEN IN THE SOCIETY. FEMINISM IS CREATING A FUTURE OF FREEDOM FOR BOTH GENDERS TO GO AHEAD AND FULFILL THEIR GREATEST POTENTIALS.

Seek to be independent in all ramifications. Financial, emotional, spiritual, physical independence etc.

In essence, you are a product of a broken home, and that experience has defined the life you live now and helped determined your aspirations and goals which are a standard deviation to the delta sigma; from common norm, to your self-realized norm.

I want you to understand that not everyone is a product of broken homes and the percentage of those female facing subjugation from idiotic husbands and narcissistic fathers like yours are very decimal.

In essence, I am telling you to take your idiotic feminism connotation out of cyberspace. Learn to deal with your issues individually and not rant online as if your reality has resonance with ours. We are not all from broken homes so no need for feminism glorification here.

We are celebrating women's day and you want to ruin our day with promoting Feminism....are you mad? Let us celebrate our mothers and sisters in peace and happiness. Take your broken home symphony out of our equation so we can balance the quadrants.

grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by sammirano: 12:13pm On Mar 08, 2021
How much were you paid to write this nonsense?
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by mrdharkchild(m): 12:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
Op. Shut up and go and marry, you are getting old and losing value. So because rice stopped tasting right in your mouth doesn't make it sour in everyone's mouth.
Feminism is clearly a woman's display of cowardice and laziness. They mistake the hardwork of the older generation of women to b slavery.
Men never shy away from their roles, except BOB and James Brown.

Go and marry. The world doesn't revolve around u.

And yea, I'm a male feminist

3 Likes

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Kapeter(m): 12:17pm On Mar 08, 2021
Ha, men too dey do feminist ni? O shock mi b'akan.
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by IYANGBALI: 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
E no concern me, look for mummyfour and discuss that with her
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Afromentalist: 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Emotionss: 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nonsensical post blaming your mother poor life decisions on men.

That is how one useless nonentity is blaming men for her over bleached skin and waywardness.

Don't blame men for the backwardness and weaknesses of your parents.

Did any man stopped any woman from going to school and becoming successful in life ?

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Thomthom(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
Na man all of them dey blame... Everything men are this men are that,... OP just talk the bad part of him papa does it mean that your mum was an angel she never insulted or disrespect her husband

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Thomthom(m): 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
Emotionss:
Nonsensical post blaming your mother poor life decisions on men.

That is how one useless nonentity is blaming men for her over bleached skin and waywardness.

Don't blame men for the backwardness and weaknesses of your parents.

Did any man stopped any woman from going to school and becoming successful in life ?
waiting dey pain pass be say.... The women to themselves are always perfect.. Na the men be devil..
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by medriano: 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2021
Happy international women’s day to every woman here...the weak and the strong. Y’all rock ����
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by budaatum: 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
Afromentalist:
Happy day Budaatum. Let's unite in prayer for a more balanced world in favour of both genders

Oh, trust me. It is women who need to educate their children so their sons do not become pigs and their daughters do not marry the pigs amongst the men.

Happy Women's Day Afromentalist.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11000678_notablestrongwoman1_jpegfcb825ad574991670c3a5c5080380080

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Bansempire: 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2021
BabaIbo:
Summary please!

Although, some men are stupid and violent in their handling of opposite sex, Nigieria's version of feminism is rubbish.

Let me reply with just the heading.

If you like be a feminist, it doesn't stop you from seeing "Periods", getting pregnant, it doesn't change your gender.

Lastly, it can't make you the husband.

My advice, go with whoever you're compatible with.

Mind you, there are men that wants to buy a particular ride(benz, lexus, Ferrari, Aston martin, Lambo, bugga..., etc.), go on a foreign trip, vacation, go clubbing, carry babes, etc but because they want to assure their family of good life, they denied themselves of those pleasure by investing the money in businesses, investments etc.
she's talking about her father, what if I talk about how unfaithful my mum was to my dad

2 Likes

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by abfemi163: 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2021

[b]My Advice to Our Ladies Out There:

The Institution of marriage cannot be understood by man,it only takes a man and a woman who is deeply and inter twinned with the Holyspirit to understand marriage
Till The world ends an ordinary man would fail at marriage
The man cannot do without a woman,he is useless,the woman is his life support, the woman is his multiplier,the woman is help meet,his stupidly incomplete without her

Marriage can never b understood by an ordinary man
Go spiritual to understand it

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Emotionss: 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Thomthom:
waiting dey pain pass be say.... The women to themselves are always perfect.. Na the men be devil..

Don't mind them that is the end result of a manipulated childhood.

While the father's are away hustling for daily manner, the mother's are busy manipulating and turning the children to weaklings and Simps while at the same time blaming the men for their failures. The end result ? A generation of weak men and arrogant disrespectful women.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Gabbriell: 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kapeter:
Ha, men too dey do feminist ni? O shock mi b'akan.

ma da won loun, those are the SIMPS among men.
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by The5DME(m): 12:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
Billyonaire666:

In essence, you are a product of a broken home, and that experience has defined the life you live now and helped determined your aspirations and goals which are a standard deviation to the delta sigma from common norm, to your self-realized norm.

I want you to understand that not everyone is a product of broken homes and the percentage of those female facing subjugation from idiotic husbands and narcissistic fathers like yours are very decimal.

In essence, I am telling you to take your idiotic feminism connotation out of cyberspace. Learn to deal with your issues individually and not rant online as if your reality has resonance with ours. We are not all from broken homes so no need for feminism glorification here.

We are celebrating women's day and you want to ruin our day with promoting Feminism....are you mad? Let us celebrate our mothers and sisters in peace and happiness. Take your broken home symphony out of our equation so we can balance the quadrants.

grin
Be calming down bros. grin
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by The5DME(m): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2021
To beat this OP dey hungry me.
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by ElijahIme1992(m): 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2021
Aunty who u feminist help...abeg jst go sit don for one corner make guys fit tink how to survive for dis Buhari administration...

2 Likes

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by cococandy(f): 12:59pm On Mar 08, 2021
The worst part is that you believe this hogwash
Mikester:
So many modern women have nothing interesting to say. All they want to do is to exploit their sexuality for material or societal gain. They do not create anything of objective value.

This is the sad thing about women's rights.
You cannot out of kindness, fairness and modern thinking grant them a few liberties, preserve society and be done with it. Oh no. Once the foot's in the door, it never ends. They will push for more until the universe itself explodes.

It starts with "we want freely available access to birth control and the right to work, and choose who we marry"

And it ends with frivolous divorce, broken homes, widespread misandry, feminine sons, masculine daughters and the complete demonisation of any & all things masculine. What gain have Feminism brought so far even to the women it claims to help?

Patriarchy nurtures women, emancipation harms them. No protection. No provision. Stressful careers and decision making. No guidance. Insecurity. Mental damage from promiscuity. A string of regrets. Women are family creatures. Hyper individualistic autonomy is damaging for them.

Patriarchy is nurturing and protective. The backbone of civilization. No advanced society can survive without it.

Furthermore, paternalism is God's love in man.
You have daddy issues when you didn't receive enough paternal love. It's that simple. Independence isn't the answer to that, no matter how much you brand it as freedom or liberty and turn to degeneracy to cope. None of that will save you.

Happy International Women's Day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 08, 2021
The5DME:
Be calming down bros. grin

That was calming the entropy. grin
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by michaeljh241: 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2021
Happy Holidays, everyone!
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Mikester: 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
cococandy:
The worst part is that you believe this hogwash

Contradict me with facts or shut up

4 Likes

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by ibuildstuff(m): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2021
SouthNigerian:

Reading ur story I just felt like we have same parents. How ur dad treated ur mom is exactly how my dad treated my mom. I get so furious and angry with him at times. His actions n inactions affected me n my sister life. But we know better now.

I think is common with the older generation men but alot of us new generation are learning, there's no way I could treat a woman the way my dad treated my mom.

I'm not even a feminist but I understand the need for equality amoung men n women. So I do my best in my own little way I can.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2021
emmanuel596:
Nonsense

Always wanting to pain men black
There are some irresponsible/selfish/wicked men.
Period.
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Aksnoopy: 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
A virtuous wife deserves all the love and support from her husband to become whatever she wants to be in life.

A HOE who accidentally became a wife deserves to be a housewife and a slave for life, because she doesn't deserve more than that.

I bet the OP has never spoken with her Dad concerning the reason behind her mother predicament. grin
The man might be on a lifetime revenge mission cheesy
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by tsmith(f): 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2021
Mikester:
So many modern women have nothing interesting to say. All they want to do is to exploit their sexuality for material or societal gain. They do not create anything of objective value.

This is the sad thing about women's rights.
You cannot out of kindness, fairness and modern thinking grant them a few liberties, preserve society and be done with it. Oh no. Once the foot's in the door, it never ends. They will push for more until the universe itself explodes.

It starts with "we want freely available access to birth control and the right to work, and choose who we marry"

And it ends with frivolous divorce, broken homes, widespread misandry, feminine sons, masculine daughters and the complete demonisation of any & all things masculine. What gain have Feminism brought so far even to the women it claims to help?

Patriarchy nurtures women, emancipation harms them. No protection. No provision. Stressful careers and decision making. No guidance. Insecurity. Mental damage from promiscuity. A string of regrets. Women are family creatures. Hyper individualistic autonomy is damaging for them.

Patriarchy is nurturing and protective. The backbone of civilization. No advanced society can survive without it.

Furthermore, paternalism is God's love in man.
You have daddy issues when you didn't receive enough paternal love. It's that simple. Independence isn't the answer to that, no matter how much you brand it as freedom or liberty and turn to degeneracy to cope. None of that will save you.

Happy International Women's Day.

Never seen so much hogwash in one post. I see an entitled man afraid of losing his undeserved privileges.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by budaatum: 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2021
post=98038826:
The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father Who Didn't Even Know Bezos Existed Until Few Years Ago.

The last time Jeff Bezos, the 57-year-old CEO and founder of Amazon, saw his biological father, he was three years old. 

His biological father, whose name is Ted Jorgensen, was 18 when he impregnated Bezos' mother, Jacklyn Gise, who herself was 17. They were both still in high school at the time. They got married before their son was born. 

The marriage lasted only 17 months, reports Brad Stone at Bloomberg Businessweek, who has unearthed astonishing new details about Bezos' family's early years. 

Gise moved in with her parents because Jorgensen stayed out late, and drank too much, and was generally an inattentive father and husband says Stone. He agreed to a divorce, and paid a small amount of child support to Gise when he had money. Other times he missed the payments.

Three years after their divorce, Gise married another man, Miguel Bezos, a Cuban immigrant who taught himself English, and eventually worked at Exxon. Miguel adopted Jeff, and Jeff took his last name. Jorgensen had to sign off on the name change, which he did, Stone reports. 

For a brief period Jorgensen remembered the Bezos name, but through the years he forgot about it, and dropped completely out of touch with his ex-wife and his son.

Jorgensen's absence from Bezos' life was so complete that in a 1999 interview with Wired, Bezos said of Jorgensen, "I've never met him," although, in reality he lived with him for the first year of his life.

"The reality, as far as I'm concerned, is that my Dad is my natural father. The only time I ever think about it, genuinely, is when a doctor asks me to fill out a form," said Bezos in 1999.

Jorgensen, for his part, had a nearly identical attitude about Bezos. 

However, Stone managed to find Jorgensen, now 79, who owns a bike shop in Glendale, Arizona.

Here's how Jorgensen reacted when Stone introduced himself: "He had no idea what I was talking about. Jorgensen said he didn’t know who Jeff Bezos was and was baffled by my suggestion that he was the father of this famous CEO."

Stone jogged Jorgensen's memory, trotting out details about Bezos and his mother. Says Stone, "The old man’s face flushed with recognition. 'Is he still alive?' he asked, not yet fully comprehending."

Bezos' biological father had disconnected so thoroughly from Bezos life that not only did he not remember his name, and not only did he not realize his son was one of the richest men in the world, but he wasn't even sure if his son was still alive. 

Jorgensen says that in his younger days "I wasn’t a good father or a husband." He eventually quit drinking, got his act together and opened his bike shop.
He's married, but had no other children in his life beyond Bezos. 

A family friend told Stone later that Jorgensen felt overwhelmed with sadness and regret. He wants to get in touch with Bezos, but it's unclear if that will ever happen. 

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12986102_maxresdefault2_jpege378fcc17785476b119a0a155e66145c

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-biological-father-2013-10%3famp

Hope you don't mind me borrowing this for here.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
ibuildstuff:

Reading ur story I just felt like we have same parents. How ur dad treated ur mom is exactly how my dad treated my mom. I get so furious and angry with him at times. His actions n inactions affected me n my sister life. But we know better now.

I think is common with the older generation men but alot of us new generation are learning, there's no way I could treat a woman the way my dad treated my mom.

I'm not even a feminist but I understand the need for equality amoung men n women. So I do my best in my own little way I can.
My dad did worse but my sisters don't think about the severity of those bad things.
They feel those things don't matter anymore because some people have assisted them financially.
Although they can't marry someone as irresponsible as my father,they feel he has tried for my mum and the rest of us which is a contradiction because they should be willing to marry someone like him since they think he's tried for my mum and them.
Anyway,my father is still clueless about our survival.
Life is an absurdity, indeed.
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Liposure: 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2021
I have a problem with feminism if it encourages misandry. I have a problem with feminism if it promotes female domination and oppression of the male gender. I have a problem with feminism if 90% financial burden rest on the man. I have a problem with feminism if it challenges the authority of the man in the house thereby encouraging insubordination. I have a problem with feminism if men are not given equal hearing in cases of domestic violence. I have a problem if only men are sent to war. I have a problem with feminism if she doesn't pay dowry. I have a problem if he pays for sex. I have a problem with feminism if the future is female and not united

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unmarried Nairalanders: When Do You Plan To Settle Down ? / Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? / What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.