Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist (14732 Views)

Marrying A Feminist / "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Mummymahdi(f): 1:24am On Mar 09, 2021
Hailll theee
All good women
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Powerfly(f): 6:56am On Mar 09, 2021
Mikester:

Then the future is full of shit grin

You mean the kinda 'shit' you use to like.. Deal with it brotherman!
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Fiscus105(m): 7:17am On Mar 09, 2021
Thomthom:
waiting dey pain pass be say.... The women to themselves are always perfect.. Na the men be devil..

I had a girl then, she is a cheat, she can lie for Africa, lazy, she drinks beer, keeps late nite, not educated, and always blame all men in her relationships.

Just because God gave her small hole in between her legs, she expects men to be worshiping her, wants ATM man, which she was/is not seeing and which she will never see.

Whenever I tried to let her know reality which will make her enjoy her relationship cum marriage she would turn it to fight.

Except God intervenes, its 95% that she will end up as single mother in future, just like her mother. In fact any man that will tolerate her for just 6 months in his house, I salute such man.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by bukatyne(f): 7:54am On Mar 09, 2021
SouthNigerian:

Yea! I'm Male.

Bolded@ What's the role of a husband?
Thanks.

I am some threads on husbandhood and fatherhood (from the Christian POV).
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by sayisayi(m): 8:25am On Mar 09, 2021
[quote author=Mikester post=99707097][color=navy]

Patriarrchy is a system of control and power
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by sayisayi(m): 8:27am On Mar 09, 2021
[quote author=Fiscus105 post=99729779]

I had a girl then, she is a cheat, she can lie for Africa, lazy, she drinks beer, keeps late nite, not educated, and always blame all men in her relationships.

Just because God gave her small hole in between her legs, she expects men to be worshiping her, wants ATM man, which she was/is not seeing and which she will never see.

Whenever I tried to let her know reality which will make her enjoy her relationship cum marriage she would turn it to fight.

So this one you see and rush into bed with abi...it is up to you to find a sensible woman. There are many out there.
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Fiscus105(m): 8:34am On Mar 09, 2021
[quote author=sayisayi post=99731639][/quote]

I biliv you know how to read english language very well, and understand it, take cognisance of 'past tense' in my sentences, reluctant to be attack dog on every comments.

......I HAD a girl(not fiancee or wife) THEN.........
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Martinez39s(m): 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2021
Another ignorant and naive youth who thinks he knows more than his wise elders.

6 Likes

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by budaatum: 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
homealone00:

Then why do you still need a man, when you are a man yourself, you pple are just a confused being undecided

What makes you think you are needed?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13176728_screenshot20210222073453_jpeg6e7db41b7e91464c05964a04b2222899

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by homealone00: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2021
budaatum:

What makes you think you are needed?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13176728_screenshot20210222073453_jpeg6e7db41b7e91464c05964a04b2222899
okay, go and be a feminist in peace can we rest now cheesy
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by budaatum: 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2021
homealone00:
okay, go and be a feminist in peace can we rest now cheesy

I am not stopping you from resting. Like me, you are free to rest when you like.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11544956_notablestrongwoman5_jpegbe69b333df2f35e3a2b39a2cbceb265e

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by homealone00: 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2021
budaatum:

I am not stopping you from resting. Like me, you are free to rest when you like.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11544956_notablestrongwoman5_jpegbe69b333df2f35e3a2b39a2cbceb265e

go say that to your dad dear
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by budaatum: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
homealone00:
go say that to your dad dear

My dad has already said that to his wife, my mother, whom he adores and loves very dearly and empowers to say it to we their own children so we can boldly say it to our partners and our children too.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by Magnoliaa(f): 12:04am On Mar 10, 2021
1Sharon:
Don't let your scorned mother's experience put you off men.

Learn from her experience and weed out narcissistic, uncaring men.

By the way, a woman accumulating all these academic, financial assets and achievements is MASCULINE energy.

There can only be one masculine energy and one feminine energy in a relationship. If there are two masculine energies in a relationship, you're both going to be fighting for the throne.

A relationship between a woman more successful than a man can work, but men avoid those women cos of the attitude that comes with those women.

I'm no fenimisnt no mo tongue. I'm learning

I'm not sure if this is a sarcastic post... but the bolded... Whatever a person achieve is whatever they achieve. There are no energies attached to anything. Not that it can be proven, unless created in the social world. Things are basically things. And that is why some anti-feminists are always saying women want to be men. Why? They attribute everything strong, etc., to being male. It is not biologically possible to be a male, but it is very possible for ANYBODY to be logical, to lead, to be a goal-getter and be gentle or vice versa. That people who believe that everybody possess a "masculine and feminine" energy to be balanced shows that they are not even cast in stone for a sex to exhibit. WITHOUT encouragement, socialization and such, nobody will perform what the society expects of them except that which nature dictated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by 1Sharon(f): 12:42am On Mar 10, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I'm not sure if this is a sarcastic post... but the bolded... Whatever a person achieve is whatever they achieve. There are no energies attached to anything. Not that it can be proven, unless created in the social world. Things are basically things. And that is why some anti-feminists are always saying women want to be men. Why? They attribute everything strong, etc., to being male. It is not biologically possible to be a male, but it is very possible for ANYBODY to be logical, to lead, to be a goal-getter and be gentle or vice versa. That people who believe that everybody possess a "masculine and feminine" energy to be balanced shows that they are not even cast in stone for a sex to exhibit. WITHOUT encouragement, socialization and such, nobody will perform what the society expects of them except that which nature dictated.

Erm, yes there are energies attached to behaviour. Women traditionally didn't have a need to accumulate alot academically and financially. That's masculine. Men need to attain to be the protector, women don't need to do that.

We're in a modern world and gender roles are now blurred, so women have the freedom to do whatever
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by haybhi1(m): 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Rocktation:

May I remind you that this OP's passion to support the feminism movement, was fed by the inability of his dad to demonstrate enthusiasm, when it comes to allowing his woman to exude any of the good qualities he mentioned? Of course, no one ever accused men, especially africans, of a willingness to accept that they oftentimes only audio-want logical, intelligent, smart and all the other attributes from their women, that they can barely handle, due to some hierarchical ascendancy, passed down from their ancestors. A lot of Nigerians are walking stereotypes. Or you yourself, in all honesty, can you allow an Okonjo Iweala type of wife, to blossom in "your house"? Leaving you with the baby and no soup in the house, to attend some summit in Holland, being opinionated as to where you should settle..and the works... Reaaally?

As the OP has tacitly suggested, there is a thin line between challenge and quarrel.

I can't say for other men and I don't pick on peoples' choices, but for me, it would be a dream come through to marry such. I mean we'll entrench a worthy dynasty.

Iweala's name will last. Why wouldn't such a sojourn be admirable?

Even your children will be charged to be of substance in life and shun the rampant rubbish everywhere.
Have you heard of the Cutie's?
Their greatness extended to their offspring.

Look, Rock, as a woman, get worthy and push yourself, they are many men like that who want similar things to yours in a quest to be of societal substance or importance. Ditch those who do not meet up. Nothing stops y'all from producing countless Okonjos in our society. It's a very simple equation - just keep your equation in check. Simple!

That's simply the path Marie Curie and Okonjo trod. But most of you lot are just too lazy, always wanting the easy way out, settling for dependence and less.

All the best.
Re: My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:52am On Mar 11, 2021
Magnoliaa:

kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unmarried Nairalanders: When Do You Plan To Settle Down ? / Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? / Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.