Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Ribadu Stands Down - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Stands Down (21791 Views)

BREAKING: Court Stands Down To Await Dasuki’s Arrival / Drama In Court As Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Take His Plea, Judge Stands Down (PHOTO / Fec Stands Down Motion To Declare Yar'adua Unfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Stands Down by recoome(m): 10:06pm On Apr 12, 2011
I dey laff o! When did tinubu become the god of the SW that commands all the people who to vote for? So if Tinubu says vote for buhari, every one will vote for buhari? If tinubu goes ahead with this, he will only suceed in handing the SW back to the PDP, the PDP still has tremendous support base in the SW.BTW, i thought tinubu said buhari was expired? I thougt tinubu said that ribadu was the obama? I thought ribadu said he can never step down 4 anyone? What platform will the candidate now contest on? What will happen to bakare(the anointed VP), what of adeola? I thought buhari said no broom can lead 2 development? The time frame is too short. Alliance or no alliance GEJ is the winner! I just pray that they allign so that the defeat will be sweeter and worth while. Buhari has discovered that he cannot win with katsina votes alone, the NW he was bragging about is not for him, sokoto(2.2mln),jigawa(2.0), kano(5.2), south kaduna(2.0), kebbi(1.6), borno(2.5), taraba(1.3), adamawa(1.cool, gombe(1.3), bauchi(2.5)-were all swept by the PDP, ANPP took zamfara & yobe leaving buhari to only katsina & northern kaduna. He does not want to lose with zero votes! He is now a huge liability.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 10:06pm On Apr 12, 2011
After this:

I Did Not Step Down for Buhari - Nuhu Ribadu

My attention has been drawn to the claim, which started first as an April Fool joke yesterday, and has now made viral by opposition CPC members, that I have stepped down for General Muhammadu Buhari in what is termed a consensus arrangement.

First, I must clarify for my teeming supporters, our ever progressive ACN party members, and the millions of young people of this country who have trained their sights toward, and have sacrificed so much for a better Nigeria, that this is wicked falsehood, and a piece of mindless propaganda.

I have not and could never betray the confidence of Nigerians by trading my candidacy for any other person. So this claim remains a lie and a poor attempt to manipulate the electorates to seek cheap victory.

Secondly, I want to stress the point that this cheap scheme is deliberately calculated to abort our democratic march through manipulation, and through the hijack of our right to electoral choice, a central value of a true democracy.

To all the architects of this devilish scheme, therefore, I have a simple message: that their electoral manipulation only goes to feed into the machinations of the same forces of misrule and darkness that have kept our nation down for the past two decades. If it is not clear to them that they are in bed with the PDP, Nigerians are finally getting to know now whose interest they are working to advance.

Nuhu Ribadu, Yola, Adamawa State, April 2, 2011

Therefore, it is a hard story to believe. We need CNN to confirm this one. grin
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 12, 2011
:p
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kilode1: 10:07pm On Apr 12, 2011
Beaf:

It shows the determination is real, we ain't playing.
If GEJ is perceived to be schemed out through ethnic bigotry, real enmities will result and the SS will pull out. No two ways.
It will be the final spitting on our heads that the majority groups would have done, just so they can steal from underneath us.

What I really wish to happen though, is for the alliance to go forward. Because, will GEJ still roundly trounce all commers. It it will be an election of the oppressed vs the oppressors, with the SE and all minorities across the country on one side. Victory will be sweeter.

Beaf this is not an ethnic majority versus ethnic minority political struggle. I agree it is an oppressed versus oppressor battle.

Let us agree that Buhari offers a better hope for justice for we the oppressed. PDP will keep on ra/p/ing our people. . .
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 10:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Good one bro! My brother, I'm actually hpping for better than 50% for our resource states, they more than deserve it.

With a Buhari government bent on ensuring fair play reducing corruption and removing immunity for these looters, Na to dey rejoice and dance from Ilaje-land to Bonny.

Let us look on the positive side, GEJ has ran a tough campaign but it is time to rescue ALL of our people. Atiku, Anenih, OBJ, IBB, Ibori dem dem will be the losers.

Let these young progressives -Ribadu, Adeola, Utomi e.t.c- work with Papa Buhari to give us a Nigeria we can be proud of. It is for our own good, ALL or us.

Deal? cool

Oya, remove Goolduck from your signature and put BUHARI 2011 wink

It's still a rumor though.

Yeah, Buhari will fight corruption with his chief strategists as IBB and Atiku, who by coincidence happen to be top oil bunkerers. Who in the SS will be foolish enough to wait for him to even begin promising things that are absent in his manifesto? Dude, we will pull out if schemed out. I don't think you can appreciate the red rage that will sweep through the place.

Anyway, like I said, I pray the merger goes through and GEJ wins a sweet and resounding victory for the common man over the oppressor.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by SkyBlue1: 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2011
If this story is true then I don't know how I will ever be able to take Ribadu serious ever again. The amusing thing is that Ribadu stepping down might not even help Buhari but might help Jonathan instead. I really hope all these stories including the meeting Buhari was supposed to have had with IBB and Atiku, etc, are not true, because for someone who was selling himself on integrity, change, etc, it would be a tad disappointing.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2011
If it is true, it is a welcome back package for PDP in SW. kiss
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by AndreUweh(m): 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2011
I clearly remember how the APP now ANPP went into alliance with AD, yet they lost to PDP in 1999.
No shaking, GEJ to be sworn in on May 29th, 2011.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by SkyBlue1: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Good one bro! My brother, I'm actually hoping for better than 50% for our resource states, they more than deserve it.

With a Buhari government bent on ensuring fair play reducing corruption and removing immunity for these looters, Na to dey rejoice and dance from Ilaje-land to Bonny.

Let us look on the positive side, GEJ has ran a tough campaign but it is time to rescue ALL of our people. Atiku, Anenih, OBJ, IBB, Ibori dem dem will be the losers.

Let these young progressives -Ribadu, Adeola, Utomi e.t.c- work with Papa Buhari to give us a Nigeria we can be proud of. It is for our own good, ALL or us.

Deal? cool

Oya, remove Goodluck from your signature and put BUHARI 2011 wink

You know all this because? Was all of this in Buhari's manifesto? Sorry but I am not a fan of people adding jara for the sake of argument. Did Buhari have a meeting with you and tell you that this was his plan with regards to resource control? It is like when people were shouting "Buhari will throw corrupt past leaders in jail", meanwhile in an interview Buhari gave to NVS he said that is something he was not focused on or interested in.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Beaf this is not an ethnic majority versus ethnic minority political struggle. I agree it is an oppressed versus oppressor battle.

Let us agree that Buhari offers a better hope for justice for we the oppressed. PDP will keep on ra/p/ing our people. . .

Of course, Buhari is the guy. Especially with saints like Ciroma, Atiku, IBB. Ruma, Tanimu Yakubu, Aliero etc in teleguiding his anti-corruption moves.
Your hatred for PDP is not gooverned by logic, otherwise, you would realise that those men are the cabal that made people like you term PDP to be evil, but now they have moved into CPC, they've become part of Buhari's anti-corruption drive. Its a strange World sir!

The only thing you got right is, it will be a battle between the oppressor and the oppressed. Just that this time, the oppressed have banded together across the country, and we have formidable numbers.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by sheriffman(m): 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2011
FLASH: Nuhu Ribadu is still in the race, shld he withdraws - we're going to alert you. Disregard all the political hypes being spread around
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kilode1: 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2011
Beaf:

Yeah, Buhari will fight corruption with his chief strategists as IBB and Atiku, who by coincidence happen to be top oil bunkerers. .

Bros, I don't even think that IBB and Atiku wants Buhari in power.  grin

If you are talking about the reported meetings, then that is just funny, IBB and Atiku are PDP, GEJ already had several meetings with them, he ran with them and is probably drinking tea with those guys as we type.

They are establishment PDP, pro corruption, pro status quo guys, let's not get carried away, they will probably run to Seme border if Buhari wins cheesy
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Whitehorse: 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2011
Guys,
its on sahara reporters, but even them say its not confirmed
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Good one bro! My brother, I'm actually hoping for better than 50% for our resource states, they more than deserve it.

Deal? cool

Oya, remove Goodluck from your signature and put BUHARI 2011 wink

NO DEAL!  tongue

Men of integrity will not sell their national interest for food. cool

GEJ for President.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by enyojo(f): 10:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
[size=16pt]AFTER SWEEPING WITH THE BROOM, YOU WILL RE-WRITE THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA WITH THE PEN. INTERESTING COMBINATION[/size]
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by obailala(m): 10:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
If this is true, it's rather tooooo late and will definitely have little or no effect.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2011
If the story is true. . . then that will be a political tsunami for Buhari.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by johunojuri: 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2011
Fake News, Always confirm before you publish. Ribadu's advert is still on going on the media Stations. TVC just confirm that no one have stepped down yet, but they are planning to rest power out of PDP,
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2011
The more I read Nairaland, the more I realise that a lot of people are out of touch with reality. Lets wait till Saturday, PDP GEJ has just been handed the presidency.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by sheriffman(m): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2011
FLASH: Nuhu Ribadu is still in the race, shld he withdraws - we're going to alert you. Disregard all the political hypes being spread around
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by recoome(m): 10:23pm On Apr 12, 2011
Pls let it work o, and let PDP make a grand entry into the SW once again! What if the SS people revolt, they still have their bombs o! If they secede, there will be no oil o, and without oil, all these buhari and ribadu will not be interested in the presidency cos is it tomato or groundnut that they will use 4 development!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by sheriffman(m): 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2011
UPDATE I can authoritatively confirm that as @ 2200hrs, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (ACN) hasnt stepped dwn 4 anybody. Alliance meeting still ongoing
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by mbulela: 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2011
i doubt this,
besides it is too late to make any difference.
how are you going to inform the uneducated masses who have decided to vote for him?
This cannot be true.
just does not make sense.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Bros, I don't even think that IBB and Atiku wants Buhari in power.  grin

If you are talking about the reported meetings, then that is just funny, IBB and Atiku are PDP, GEJ already had several meetings with them, he ran with them and is probably drinking tea with those guys as we type.

They are establishment PDP, pro corruption, pro status quo guys, let's not get carried away, they will probably run to Seme border if Buhari wins cheesy

You are just burying your head in the ground out of sentiment. Buhari and IBB have been friends since 2005 (crosscheck with google). I wonder why you guys can decide to live a myth with your eyes wide open?
Find out for yourself who gave Buhari space for his Minna rally when the PDP govt shut him out. Find out for yourself that Abba Ruma, Tanimu Yakubu and Aliero have been in charge of transport and hire of almajiri's for Buhari's campaigns. GEJ held meetings with those guys for the sake of peace and to decimate their ranks, on the other hand, they are fully in charge of "anti-corruption" Buhari's campaign strategy. The cabal, from Turai down, left PDP for CPC, I wonder why? cool
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by jason123: 10:26pm On Apr 12, 2011
recoome:

Pls let it work o, and let PDP make a grand entry into the SW once again! What if the SS people revolt, they still have their bombs o! If they secede, there will be no oil o, and without oil, all these buhari and ribadu will not be interested in the presidency cos is it tomato or groundnut that they will use 4 development!

OH Please!! Stop this talk about secession. It is not a viable option for now until somethings are clarified.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2011
Beaf:

You are just burying your head in the ground out of sentiment. Buhari and IBB have been friends since 2005 (crosscheck with google). I wonder why you guys can decide to live a myth with your eyes wide open?
Find out for yourself who gave Buhari space for his Minna rally when the PDP govt shut him out. Find out for yourself that Abba Ruma, Tanimu Yakubu and Aliero have been in charge of transport and hire of almajiri's for Buhari's campaigns. GEJ held meetings with those guys for the sake of peace and to decimate their ranks, on the other hand, they are fully in charge of "anti-corruption" Buhari's campaign strategy. The cabal, from Turai down, left PDP for CPC, I wonder why? cool

Actually, they have been friends since the 80's. It was widely reported that IBB was the hidden power behind Buhari.

Check this report made in the 80's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBSWhA6z-54 Play From 2:10
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by sheriffman(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2011
UPDATE I can authoritatively confirm that as @ 2200hrs, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (ACN) hasnt stepped dwn 4 anybody. Alliance meeting still ongoing
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by isquar3d3(m): 10:29pm On Apr 12, 2011
ths shldnt b on d front page yet. Its too sensitive, Seun. It has nt been confirmd nd it cn easily mislead pple. Yes, there is a questn mark bt d statement sounds like a pronouncement. Abeg pls take it down. Nairaland shldnt b involvd wit spreadin unverifiable news.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ziccoit: 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Exactly why I say this is coming too late. By law, campaigning ends on Thursday. So Tinubu and his ACN gang have only tommorow to get this information out to the nooks and crannies of the villages. Now how is that possible These guys have made the election easier for GEJ. The only time the Jonathan camp can have cause to worry is if Shekarau steps down. Ribadu stepping down gives Jonathan full control of the south west!
It way too late for this to benefit Buhari.

Come, it is very simple for SWners especially with the kind of people in ACN, very diligent and efficient. What would happen is this.

A meeting of all local governments ACN executive would be held at state level, directing each local government and ward to confine congress meeting where the voters education would be carried out. I trust my people. There is always working mechanism on ground for such.

Where I vote, we had to help our old people to find ACN logo and directed their thumbprints. No qualm, no shaking.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by AljUche: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2011
this really should not be at the front page yet

it is not yet confirmed
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by inspiredm(m): 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2011
Last Saturday, Goodluck Jonathan flew into Lagos to meet with ACN chieftain, Bola Tinubu, with a plan to scuttle any possible alliane between the ACN and CPC. Sources told Saharareporters that a host of northern leaders are meeting with ACN representatives at the Lagos House in Abuja

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/ribadu-steps-down-buhari
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 10:37pm On Apr 12, 2011
ziccoit:

Come, it is very simple for SWners especially with the kind of people in ACN, very diligent and efficient. What would happen is this.

A meeting of all local governments ACN executive would be held at state level, directing each local government and ward to confine congress meeting where the voters education would be carried out. I trust my people. There is always working mechanism on ground for such.

Where I vote, we had to help our old people to find ACN logo and directed their thumbprints. No qualm, no shaking.  

And what stops PDP from holding similar meetings? Afterall they have 40% of the SW vote (which will rise to 80% with any merger).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock / Election Postponement: INEC Chairman Speaks At Chatham House (Video) / Nigerians In Niger Cry Out — We Support Niger; We Don't Want Attack On Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.