Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Would you date an atheist? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would you date an atheist? (21476 Views)

Is It Okay To Date An Ex-girlfriend’s Friend? / My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. / Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would you date an atheist? by maximunimpact(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
Yes

2 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Robertgreene1(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
we were all born atheists...untill someone started feeding us lies nd myths nd super stories..where snakes nd horses talked nd men lived 4 969 yrs...intresting!!!

36 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by cruzydal(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
if she is richer than me i will

1 Like

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Aguilar(m): 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by madridsta007(m): 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
SweetCunt97:
You not serious! What has not believing in God got to do with anything? Heaven race no be individual something so why should it matter?
If u such a good Christian, y didnt u slowly give him reasons to believe in God? Abegi

You want to put her in trouble and re-date and marry one?

She is much smarter than you grin
Re: Would you date an atheist? by Kobicove(m): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
cruzydal:
if she is richer than me i will

So you want to dig for gold? grin

1 Like

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Hahjascho(m): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
Why people too dey like premium tears and wahala like this?

I won't.

Mental health is important.
Re: Would you date an atheist? by nkiliuzo(m): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
hell no, I no wan marry prayer warrior but I will only date a Christian
Re: Would you date an atheist? by gimakon2(m): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
Many of them do not have issues. Forget o.

2 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by KingKingKing: 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin. I dated him because;

1. Dude spoke my love languages without me ever revealing what they were - the thing bust my head die cheesy

2. He had class, great taste and a strong sense of responsibility towards self and family I admired - he still does.

3. He was older and mature, I actually like my men older than me. Like fine wine, men get better with age is not a myth at all. Younger men or the ones in my age group are in the habit of sending photos of their peepee, calling you baby or sweetheart within a short time of meeting you, it's a huge turn off and there was none of that with him.

4. We could carry on delightful conversations via chats and in person, he never texted in short hand (another thing that tripped me to pieces) our conversations were meaningful, they had depth and substance.

5. I'm a health and fitness conscious person, I liked that at his age he was trim, fit and healthy not to mention good looking cheesy and he worked out every week. It was easy to get him the ideal valentine gift last year.

6. Our first date was so cool. We did a movie @ the cinema, sat down to a light meal of pizza/ drinks afterwards and gisted for 2 hours just getting to know ourselves.

Please tell me, how could I not have dated this man? Atheist or not? I decided a long time ago that I was never going to deny myself the company of good a man, simply because a relationship won't lead to marriage.

Just answering your question has me thinking of him and all my memories of him are pleasant. It's his birthday April 1, I think I'm going to have a surprise gift delivered to him, even though we drifted apart and haven't spoken to each other for a while, I like this guy. Have I satisfied your amebo curiosity? grin

It is any of these three

1) It's a fiction
2) you are Non Nigerian
3) It's a Movie

10 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
I Even prefer an Athiest, they may be more humble. kind and simple as an individual, and what i love most, is they could be very Logical.

I am not religious, and i don't like religious repetitions, or restrictions. Athiest would probably be my favorite.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by A305: 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
Atheist here.

Every girl have shown interest in has ended up wanting to turn the relationship to a lifelong situationship (marriage), i am always the one to flake out and to just allow the relationship fizzle away because marriage isn't for me (Babymama arrangement is the plan).

Anyways, majority of the brilliant girls have been with — seems to be interested in what your brain can do outside of using it to think about God non-existence. Except for the ignorant once who are from conservative homes and thinks once you against their belief then you are amoral or the Devil; heck, Devil don't exist too.

8 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
aroundtheearth:
Some atheists and agnostics can be very good people, more so than Christians. That said, in terms of a longterm relationship, religious compatibility is important.

@OP/Milann, you should change the title of the thread to "Would you date an atheist?" to get more replies.
Are Muslims bad people?
Re: Would you date an atheist? by JBArokonkwo1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
milann:
You meet someone, got along well (you two almost dating). Next thing you found out, s/he is an atheist. What would you do? Would you quit? Would you go ahead? Would your belief in God hinder you from marrying a great person? Share your thoughts.

I am an atheist. My wife is a christian. We don't have any issues with it. I don't disturb her religious practices. She uses my car to go to church and if I have somewhere going,I use train or go by bus. Sometimes I go to work at Birmingham and I have to use train if she's using my car.
I don't discuss religion because it's of no use to me. She invites me for her programs and I sometimes attend. It doesn't change my beliefs. It makes her happy when I attend. I do it because I love her and want her to be happy. No need grandstanding.
She respects my indifference.

I'll marry her over and over again!

Religion traps u...love liberates u.

Peace !

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would you date an atheist? by studentofTruth: 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
milann:
You meet someone, got along well (you two almost dating). Next thing you found out, s/he is an atheist. What would you do? Would you quit? Would you go ahead? Would your belief in God hinder you from marrying a great person? Share your thoughts.

My preference if possible, especially an agnostic. If she must be a Christian, it has to be a Catholic, Angrican, or Methodist (any of the orthodox christians). At least, those ones can reason properly.

A separate question for you op, can you date someone from the brotherhood of stars or whatever they call it (Olumba Olumba people)?

3 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by juman(m): 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2021
Muslim cannot marry atheist.
Re: Would you date an atheist? by Champele(m): 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2021
Sharp Sharp. I've even seen an atheist lady that I wish to marry on Facebook. She did not know this. I'm only hustling harder to make it big and then go and grab her. She is already the love of my life. I hope she will accept me o

Girl is filled with wisdom, knowledge and free thinker. Choi!

I can't wait to propose to her at Zuma rock����

I don't want anything religious person around me as a wife with their odd mentality and beliefs. I need a woman that will make love to me in a natural way

7 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Funkybabee(f): 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2021
[quote author=milann post=99821118]You meet someone, got along well (you two almost dating). Next thing you found out, s/he is an atheist. What would you do? Would you quit? Would you go ahead? Would your belief in God hinder you from marrying a great person? Share your thoughts.[/quote

funny you, what's great in someone that does not have christ...

I met one physically, though a client's back then.

he is rough and lack confidence, I am trying to chat with him about what lead him to it but he keep avoiding the talk because he knew I will make him look stupid last last.

funny thing is that he bear a Christian name

if you are looking for definitions of c0nfused soul, or frustr@ted soul

check atheist pals

1 Like

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Bbbwings: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2021
1Sharon:

So just for fun basically
What is wrong in having fun? undecided
The sex was great and is is making her nostalgic.

3 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
Interesting topic.
Re: Would you date an atheist? by pocohantas(f): 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
Date?
I will marry him and be cooking his favourite food everyday. In fact, I will pay dowry to his people.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by haybhi1(m): 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
KingKingKing:
Never , God forbid, I can't even date a Muslim how much more an Atheist... Olorun maje, Tufiakwa

Light and Darkness can never stay together...

I'm a child of God, born of the Holy spirit, Redeemed by the Blood of Jesus Christ, I can never ever date an Athiest.

Congratulations. Pele, first born of god. You must be very happy now. I wish I could wish you were born into Hinduism, only God knows how much heresy you'd have against Christianity.

8 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by ednut1(m): 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
I be atheist I Dey find wife. DM me cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by ThePrincipal: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
milann:

Some atheists/agnostics I know don't proselyte. They are cool and tolerant (they see those who believe as needing help).

However, the bible admonishes that we shouldn't be unequally yoked with unbelievers. So, let the Spirit of God guide you.

1 Like

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Faithful1234(m): 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
KingKingKing:
Never , God forbid, I can't even date a Muslim how much more an Atheist... Olorun maje, Tufiakwa

Light and Darkness can never stay together...

I'm a child of God, born of the Holy spirit, Redeemed by the Blood of Jesus Christ, I can never ever date an Athiest.

must u talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
KingKingKing:

It is any of these three

1) It's a fiction
2) you are Non Nigerian
3) It's a Movie
More like her fantasy.

1 Like

Im actually going through a trying time right now at school with my boyfriend due to my non attachment to any religion.... but I believe true love must respect decisions especially personal ones. Just like that Namaste Wahala thing.

5 Likes

i926:

Are Muslims bad people?
Not at all! Most of my closest friends have been Muslims, then one agnostic. I get along better with non-Christians than I do with Christians (and that's coming from a Christian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by 1Sharon(f): 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
Bbbwings:

What is wrong in having fun? undecided
The sex was great and is is making her nostalgic.

I never said there was anything wrong in it

Just pointing out her hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Zooposki(f): 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
milann:

Oh yes. The people I want to avoid are religious folks like your Christians, Muslims etc.

6 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Champele(m): 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
It is dangerous to marry a religious person.

If your child get sick, she be calling her God to come and save the child instead of applying science.

Anytime she find herself in trouble, she be shouting things in the Bible or Koran instead of using common sense.

Meanwhile, they are not good in bed. Only missionary style. If you try an atheist you will never go back.

I prefer an atheist

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Nigerian Men Are The Best, They Spend On Ladies Well" - South Africa Lady Says / Most Embarrassing Moments, Funny, Crazy, Sexy And Anyhow It Goes. / In A Dilemma Right Now, Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.