Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Would you date an atheist? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would you date an atheist? (21466 Views)

Is It Okay To Date An Ex-girlfriend’s Friend? / My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. / Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Emperorlanky: 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
Robertgreene1:
we were all born atheists...untill someone started feeding us lies nd myths nd super stories..where snakes nd horses talked nd men lived 4 969 yrs...intresting!!!

Born? Not evolved?
Re: Would you date an atheist? by pocohantas(f): 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
ednut1:
I be atheist I Dey find wife. DM me cheesy

Ednut, why you dey find wife? you done finally break that your babe heart? I know say you go break am. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by dammyBoxes: 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ayinke93:
I would really love to meet and date one in real life. I only get to meet religious men, and I'm sincerely sick of them at this point.
ps: I'm agnostic
hit me up. My contact is in my signature. I promise nothing, we may never meet actually, but I would like to relate with other atheists or even if you are just a borderline freethinker.

3 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Fisher007: 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
milann:
You meet someone, got along well (you two almost dating). Next thing you found out, s/he is an atheist. What would you do? Would you quit? Would you go ahead? Would your belief in God hinder you from marrying a great person? Share your thoughts.

Hmm wait am coming to give you bitter undiluted truth.

Now lets start.

You said date not marriage. You see the best people to date are atheist. They are just themselves, no religious restrain or hypocrisy.

You will end up realising over time they are straight. The religious guy or girl most time use religion to cover their dirty truth. They hide under religion in most cases. Both Muslim and Christians.

They will preach and form holy to you. But if you find out their past or a glimpse of it . The shock wey you go get go even choke you pass 1000 Walt volts.

The religious dater will be using their Scriptures in the Bible or Quran to cage you. Trust me why do you think most become Shiloh worshippers or mosques attendants.

They give you an illusion they are pure and virtuous. My brother or sister run . I repeat run.

I prefer to meet an atheist who is not constrained by religion. Who is open minded and willing to explore every part of life without limits.

Trust me dating religious people are boring. They become religious extremist and too predictable.

But what do I know.

Keep safe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2021
What da hell is an Atheist? Is an Atheist not human? Many Atheist so called are good normal humans, who loves other humans, would do anything for fellow human, Nice polite, hardworking and caring people. Who the fucck decides who is an Atheist?

Yes! I may not be a christian or believe in God or the existence of Jesus. Does that make me a terrible person? What da fucck makes you think i would like to date You believer of sky God? sad

11 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Muhylonaire007: 5:27pm On Mar 16, 2021
Zzor:
I can never date an atheist, I'm a believer

Believer my ass!!!
You wey dey date men in their late 50s, 60s and 70s!!!

7 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Ellasure: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2021
Who are you without your beliefs? Be unequally yoke with unbelievers. When a goat go out with a dog for too long it will one day taste shit. If a goat should eat shit its own shit becomes smelly and losses its roundness and the goat begin to die.

Aethist will only mislead and destroy children offspring lives.
Re: Would you date an atheist? by godlessmind: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2021
cry
Zzor:
same way i will never date any religious person because they are too delusional and stupid at the same time... imagine when a religious person cheats they won't take responsibility for their action but they will put the blame on the devil.. you guys are pathetically insane. undecided
Zzor:
same way i will never date any religious person because they are too delusional and stupid at the same time... imagine when a religious person cheats they won't take responsibility for their action but they will put the blame on the devil.. you guys are pathetically insane.

10 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by TemmyT002(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
Wetin that one wan teach my children.
As far as I am concerned, a Nigerian atheist is one who gets triggered at the mention of God.

1 Like

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Judybash93(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
Why not?

1 Like

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Champele(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
uncleck:
I wish I'd see a female atheist to date
They plenty for Facebook. Go follow one atheist on Facebook and from his page see plenty Nigerians that are now atheist. People are getting tired of this our foreign religions and even religion as a whole. This our generation go make sense. Go see for yourself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by godlessmind: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
ImaIma1:
It could be sweet now but how will it be in the future if it leads to marriage. What values will she teach your kids?

Don't bank on her changing afterwards. What if she doesn't? This is how I used to project like 5yrs down the line before making decisions especially on relationships.
lol dumb xtains and always pathetically ignorant. does your religion has morals? no i don't think so!. btw, Athiest people are morally up right than religious people cos they act by rational and logic thinking.

9 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by 1Sharon(f): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
gypsey:
What da hell is an Atheist? Is an Atheist not human? Most Atheist so called are good normal humans, who loves humans, would do anything for fellow human, Nice polite and caring. Who the fucck decides who is an Atheist?

Yes! I may not be a christian or believe in God or the useless Jesus. Does that make me a terrible person? What da fucck makes you think i would like to date You believer of sky God? sad

You saw that too? The title is low-key insulting, as if atheists are undeserving

3 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Cashify: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
yes

2 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by 1Sharon(f): 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ellasure:
Who are you without your beliefs? Be unequally yoke with unbelievers. When a goat go out with a dog for too long it will one day taste shit. If a goat should eat shit its own shit becomes smelly and losses its roundness and the goat begin to die.

Aethist will only mislead and destroy children offspring lives.

LOL
Re: Would you date an atheist? by Kelvin3476: 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
If i try letting u change, and u refused to change. Na to leave u fine my way
Re: Would you date an atheist? by Yimmicks: 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
There’ll be friction in such a relationship..especially marriage..
Re: Would you date an atheist? by LordReed(m): 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
1Sharon:

Aww..never knew this

Do your beliefs clash sometimes?

Yeah but mostly that was when I had just become an atheist. These days we just get along without dwelling on the religious differences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by 1Sharon(f): 5:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
Kelvin3476:
If i try letting u change, and u refused to change. Na to leave u fine my way

Oh you're a narcissist?

You want to mold someone to the person you want them to be?

2 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2021
1Sharon:

You saw that too? The title is low-key insulting, as if atheists are undeserving
I did, very insulting, who da hell gave them the right to judge?

3 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by 1Sharon(f): 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
gypsey:
I did, very insulting, who da hell gave them the right to judge?

It's the typical condescending nature of the average Nigerian theist. Used to it lol

3 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by OBALOLA55(m): 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2021
Klass99:
I dated him for a brief moment and it remains one of my best dating experiences ever cheesy

We sort of both knew that there was no next level or permanent stuff like marriage in the works for us, because of our different beliefs.

Just writing about this elicits fond thoughts of him and makes me smile. Why did I date him? You may be wondering......I did for different reasons like;

grin Una too like amebo. Bye
SO YOU GUYS WERE JUST PHUCKING EACH OTHER
Re: Would you date an atheist? by OBALOLA55(m): 5:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
descarado:

I and my husband don't do religion. Our kids are perfectly fine even in foreign country. Very well behaved.
Parenting values are not coded in any religious books. That was what you were deceived to believe. Before middle East religions, there are ethics that govern where you came from. Have they been replaced by foreign dogmas?
Your parents and culture handed that to u, make use of that.

THIS MIGHT BE THE REASON WHY PROPHET MUHAMMAD SAID THAT WOMEN ARE THE MAJOR OCCUPANTS OF HELL FIRE angry
Re: Would you date an atheist? by descarado: 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2021
ImaIma1:

You and your husband are one in the no-religion lifestyle, so you are in agreement. But if the op being a Christian wants Christian values taught to his children, an atheist wife cannot do that.

It's better he finds someone of the same belief with him.
I know a family of Muslim husband and Christian wife.
They agreed not to indoctrinate their kids until they are of age to reason. Any one they chose is their choice and the parents will be ok with it.
So many of them.
Let children be free and make up their mind as adult if they actually want to do religion.
My parents gave me that choice.

3 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by ednut1(m): 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2021
pocohantas:

Ednut, why you dey find wife? you done finally break that your babe heart? I know say you go break am. angry
you single Con marry me. We don break up -irreconcilable differences grin
Re: Would you date an atheist? by descarado: 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
1Sharon:

It's the typical condescending nature of the average Nigerian theist. Used to it lol
Hardship and covid has reset so many of their brains and they saw religion for what it is.
Mind control.
Herd mentality.
In one south Korean drama I watched( fantasy),.one of the actors said a deity is as powerful as you make it to be.
Once you ignore it, it become non existence and powerless.
Deep.
Zeus was once a very powerful god.
He now live in movies and fantasy books.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Darkmode64: 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin. I dated him because;

1. Dude spoke my love languages without me ever revealing what they were - the thing bust my head die cheesy

2. He had class, great taste and a strong sense of responsibility towards self and family I admired - he still does.

3. He was older and mature, I actually like my men older than me. Like fine wine, men get better with age is not a myth at all. Younger men or the ones in my age group are in the habit of sending photos of their peepee, calling you baby or sweetheart within a short time of meeting you, it's a huge turn off and there was none of that with him.

4. We could carry on delightful conversations via chats and in person, he never texted in short hand (another thing that tripped me to pieces) our conversations were meaningful, they had depth and substance.

5. I'm a health and fitness conscious person, I liked that at his age he was trim, fit and healthy not to mention good looking cheesy and he worked out every week. It was easy to get him the ideal valentine gift last year.

6. Our first date was so cool. We did a movie @ the cinema, sat down to a light meal of pizza/ drinks afterwards and gisted for 2 hours just getting to know ourselves.

Please tell me, how could I not have dated this man? Atheist or not? I decided a long time ago that I was never going to deny myself the company of good a man, simply because a relationship won't lead to marriage.

Just answering your question has me thinking of him and all my memories of him are pleasant. It's his birthday April 1, I think I'm going to have a surprise gift delivered to him, even though we drifted apart and haven't spoken to each other for a while, I like this guy. Have I satisfied your amebo curiosity? grin
I'm sorry to digress, you're such an excellent writer.
Kudos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would you date an atheist? by ImaIma1(f): 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
descarado:

I know a family of Muslim husband and Christian wife.
They agreed not to indoctrinate their kids until they are of age to reason. Any one they chose is their choice and the parents will be ok with it.
So many of them.
Let children be free and make up their mind as adult if they actually want to do religion.
My parents gave me that choice.

It worked out for the Muslim and Christian couple to let their children be nowhere till they were of age.

But for me, my husband and I are Christians, are we to leave our kids at home while we go to church? No. We bring them up in our faith and they learn from there.

That's how my parents did and it worked out for all 6 of us.
Re: Would you date an atheist? by meobizy(f): 6:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
It is hardly a she, it is always a he. Females are content in following whatever they were born into.

From the interactions I see here, atheists are the more rational of folks. I lost my belief in religion since six years of age. We’ll surely complement each other.

8 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by LogicalZubby(m): 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
I am an Atheist and very proud of it. Atheism is PEACE! I have an atheist girlfriend too. Have dated to Christian girls and they can kill for their Jesus. I don't want any Jesus' baby

5 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by Ladycewhy(f): 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
With atheists you know what to expect, realistic and down to earth expectations.

Not the people hiding behind the cloak of religion to deceive themselves.

Never dated a self acclaimed atheist but I sure have had dealings with spirikokos that made me have a rethink about these people that claim to be heaven's gate keeper. Such shitty hypocrites.

6 Likes

Re: Would you date an atheist? by 1Sharon(f): 6:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
ImaIma1:

It worked out for the Muslim and Christian couple to let their children be nowhere till they were of age.

But for me, my husband and I are Christians, are we to leave our kids at home while we go to church? No. We bring them up in our faith and they learn from there.

That's how my parents did and it worked out for all 6 of us.

Will you let them be if they refuse to go to church one day?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Weds (Photos) / Lady Gets Engaged On Her 20th Birthday (Photos) / In A Dilemma Right Now, Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.