Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? (13610 Views)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
IamBroke:
I could still remember when I lost ma grandma and dad years ago.. things were hard,we barely eat infact most times we got feed by the neighbors..but I thank God today things are much better at least...

I almost lost ma faith in God but I am happy that God help me through...
So What almost broke your FAITH in GOD and how you overcame it?
Just wanted to add that your claim to have faith in Jesus Christ amounts to nothing at the end of the day if you do not accept(trust) and obey the commandments/teachings of Jesus Christ.

John 15 vs 1-11(ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.
2. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
5. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
6. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
7. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
8. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.
9. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
10. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
11. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by cooooooks(m): 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
R. Kelly is currently in prison awaiting trial for being a serial statutory rapist.

valentineuwakwe:
poverty then in AJEGUNLE. .it was terrible...but mom will sing R.Kelly 'sign of victory 'song then, made us believe more in working hard and being honest.
with that we all overcome - we join the secret service, we became nurses in the U.S., we join the banking sector, we join the entrepreneurship course in Nigeria, above all we thank him for doing many impossible things in our life and families!

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by badman007(m): 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jesus don taya me.
Thank God say God no be man.

I know my village
We ONLY lack our Basic needs
God loves my village.

Forget about Jerusalem
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
Samunique:
Church didn't force you to wear a face mask , government did .

Alright ?
If church or mosque provided solutions, there would had been no need for government to imposed the order.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by cooooooks(m): 5:06pm On Mar 14, 2021
Sorry for what your grand mum went through.

Live your life for you. Make an impact on the world and forget about a nonexistent good god.

masterP042:
I watched my grandma groan in pain day and night, for weeks as a result of cancer, all the pastors we knew prayed for her, she gave her life to christ over and over again. All church members visited us to pray for her. My dad constantly donated blood to her almost on a weekly basis. I prayed, we all prayed, but still yet, she died after the whole prayers and money spent.
What broke me was not that she died, what broke me was the constant pain the innocent woman went through. How can a human die such a tragic death, for something she knows nothing about. She cried to God to soothe her pain, she cried for almost a year, lost all her weight, and later gave up the fight.
How can a good God allow good people to die of cancer I can't even pray for buhari my worst enemy right now to suffer such

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by cooooooks(m): 5:07pm On Mar 14, 2021
Take life by its horns.

You have a greater impact on your destiny than any god.

Good.luck my G.

Casham:
Honestly, My Faith is broken, probably beyond repair already. Prayer is just a formality for me because I know nobody will answer. But I envy those with an unwavering faith. They have no idea the kind of peace of mind they got. None of my prayers ever seemed to be answered. I prayed for one thing for years but it only get worse. And now, this year, everything just broke. Years of my life wasted. And God said nothing. He did nothing. I ask the question 'Why?' more than a hundred times every day. I read the book " When God doesn't make sense" by Dr James Dobson over and over again. But I still can't understand why? Why is He always quite. I never believed in Hell, so I am not afraid to leave, but I am already addicted to the idea of God. I just finally choose to live on auto-mode. My life is in my hand now. I don't care anymore. God sees my heart: I am an honest and sincere doubter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
specialmati:
cool cool coolgood this is it whatever situation you are going through now he knows but want you to come discuss it with him like we do with our earthly father.so all you need to do now is go to him in prayer add fasting join tell him everything ask him for direction listen he will tell you what to do. dont be in a haste. God is never happy when things are not moving well with us just like your eartly father not going to be happy that things are not moving well for you.seek God with all your heart my dear you will find Him.God wants to see things work out for you,He want to see you happy.shalom
it's not about thing moving well, it's about life in general, how can there be someone overseeing all this evil going on currently on earth and he still calm to take certain actions, the good ones are paying dearly with anguish and pains while the evil ones are enjoying this theme of life. Why is it so?
And hey the one that annoys me most is someone repenting at his dying bed and he or she is assumed will make heaven like wtf, after all the atrocities?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 5:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

Let me give you a more "relevant" scenario.

As a person you loss your parents at your teenage when you were preparing for your higher institution, their death halted that ambition because they were to be your sponsor.
You prayed for a miracle, for a sponsor to show up. You've been dedicated and fervent in your prayers for 10 years and nothing happens. You woke up to reality that prayers aren't making no difference, you quit praying and start working towards sponsoring yourself, you did all kinds of hard labours, saved to achieve your ambitions, after 2 years of rigorous hard labours and saving... You take on your ambition and got your ambition... Can you you attribute this success to prayers or to your hard works? Please be honest and sincere.
now i see your angle. You are a Christian as i can see my sympathy for your lost.its well.in deed God is faithful. Let me start by hailing you for praying for 10years without working. You tried but after 10years you stoped praying and got to work. Boom result start coming. Now what it means is that God have answered your prayers the first day you seek his face in praying but since you are ignorant of the fact that you have to do something you didnt see the result.i told you any prayer that leaves 100% responsibility is wrong. Now after praying for 10 years on a this particular issue you now start working and result start coming. Thank God you worked God is not going to come down to earth and work the work you are meant to do.so seeing that you prayed and now work is still God because the bible said He is the one that giveth us power to make wealth. You went through a wilderness experience but you didnt learn anything. His God his ways are not our ways after praying to him for 10 years you now give up on him.prayer is a communication between you and God when you pray listen to hear his voice for direction. Maybe be He would have been telling you what to do all these 10years but since you dont listen you must have been wanting it to be done your own way.God is not a man go back to him in prayer with thanksgiving.if i tell you my own story you will run to God and tell him how sorry you are for thinking its by your own strength beloved.shalom
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 5:30pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kingsbridge:
it's not about thing moving well, it's about life in general, how can there be someone overseeing all this evil going on currently on earth and he still calm to take certain actions, the good ones are paying dearly with anguish and pains while the evil ones are enjoying this theme of life. Why is it so?
And hey the one that annoys me most is someone repenting at his dying bed and he or she is assumed will make heaven like wtf, after all the atrocities?
grin grin grin grin grin grin i see its well just dont shake or shiver nothing they happen always do your part as Gods child. God gat our back.we are secured in him when we serve him there is a reward both on earth and in heaven.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 5:33pm On Mar 14, 2021
specialmati:
now i see your angle. You are a Christian as i can see my sympathy for your lost.its well.in deed God is faithful. Let me start by hailing you for praying for 10years without working. You tried but after 10years you stoped praying and got to work. Boom result start coming. Now what it means is that God have answered your prayers the first day you seek his face in praying but since you are ignorant of the fact that you have to do something you didnt see the result.i told you any prayer that leaves 100% responsibility is wrong. Now after praying for 10 years on a this particular issue you now start working and result start coming. Thank God you worked God is not going to come down to earth and work the work you are meant to do.so seeing that you prayed and now work is still God because the bible said He is the one that giveth us power to make wealth. You went through a wilderness experience but you didnt learn anything. His God his ways are not our ways after praying to him for 10 years you now give up on him.prayer is a communication between you and God when you pray listen to hear his voice for direction. Maybe be He would have been telling you what to do all these 10years but since you dont listen you must have been wanting it to be done your own way.God is not a man go back to him in prayer with thanksgiving.if i tell you my own story you will run to God and tell him how sorry you are for thinking its by your own strength beloved.shalom
Lol, so in your defense to God answer is I should have started hard labour job at 14, so that was God answers to my prayers that I didn't heargrin
Very interesting answers from yougrin

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 5:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

Very weak point of approach, I'm not here to talk about giver of strength, if to go that path there will be unending topics... We're talking about prayers and faith here.
ok lets say you dont know much about prayer and faith because its truth and it never fails everyone that pray the right way and have faith without doubt gets result,i prayed on my health issue i get faith and i dont go to hosipital.so you see it works
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Casham: 5:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
Firstnebo:

Is it addiction, or poverty?
honestly, if it is addiction, I will deal with it myself. Addiction is never a problem to me. If it were poverty, 80% of the world is like me,give or take! (even though it contributed). Health and life's frustrations is a deal that can lead to stagnation. I got to a stage where all I wanted was "just show me, somehow, that you can see me at all; don't even intervene. Just show that you are still there. I can endure any thing if I am sure there is a God and I am serving the right one. BUT NOTHING. ONLY SILENCE. Prayer had never been an answer for me.

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

Lol, so in your defense to God answer is I should have started hard labour job at 14, so that was God answers to my prayers that I didn't heargrin
Very interesting answers from yougrin
hmmmm i dont know what to say again but what if He was directing you to people you must have meet.alot of orphans are in school and people are sponsoring them.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Polynek(m): 5:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
I love Dix thread, am enjoying the comments, it is motivating
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
specialmati:
hmmmm i dont know what to say again but what if He was directing you to people you must have meet.alot of orphans are in school and people are sponsoring them.
I don't like engaging people regarding God, your mindset towards God differs from mine, I won't force you to have same mindset with me... Practice what works for you.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Polynek(m): 5:48pm On Mar 14, 2021
LordKO:
The bible. A great book it's, just like most of its contemporaries, however, it's far from representing God absolutely. It makes it easier for one who's in tune with their subconscious, but isn't discerning enough, to jettison both God and religion to embrace atheism.

My ability to personally create and encrypt my own concept of God saved me from losing faith in him or embracing atheism. But it surely made me lose faith in religion.

In the end, I arrived at being SBNR.
Pls wat is SBNR
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by BigDawsNet: 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
When I was broke

Even tho I was born with a Golden spoon I still feel broke because I wasn't generating my income with my effort...

But Thank God with the grace of the Almighty and my folks I can handle good projects on my own.

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Ibelearner: 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:
Too many unanswered prayers, I quit praying and start working more, building myself more, learning more skills and I start getting results and I say what's the point? Everything you prayed for doesn't happen until you work for it... then what's the point of the prayers? If I asked my earthly father's stuffs and he continuously doesn't give me until I work for it, what's the point of asking? let me start working for it since it's more effective than asking for it.

There are too many things we don't want to speak up both Christians and Muslims because we're too afraid of the hell threats... 50% of humans are serving God out of fear of hell, the rest 50% are serving God out of personal greed which is promised of heaven.

If you're down at accident scene with injuries, no amount of prayers will save you if you're not taking to hospital for medical attention
In sickness it's still the same
In needs your fellow humans will be at your mercy when you speak up or when they noticed the signs.

Maybe the Brain behind our existence Left us to our own faith,
Maybe he made us to be our own gods by having each others backs.

I've gotten to the stage I'm no longer afraid to ask questions, I've stopped buying that "you can't question God" lines pastors and preachers had been giving me... I've stopped buying "the portal and clay" analogy. Clay doesn't complain about how the portal mould it because it's an inanimate object with no consciousness... Don't expect me to be like that.

Don't mistake me for an atheist

Respect Sir
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Omanze: 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2021
IamBroke:
I could still remember when I lost ma grandma and dad years ago.. things were hard,we barely eat infact most times we got feed by the neighbors..but I thank God today things are much better at least...

I almost lost ma faith in God but I am happy that God help me through...

So What almost broke your FAITH in GOD and how you overcame it?

Mine is, when I had a prayer point concerning my business improvement and there was a delay in answering me.

In fact, it was as if my faith was being tested.

Patience paid off at last.

God answered me.

God gave me the answer I needed and added more lucrative ideas to me.

Glory be to God. He is merciful and gracious.

Please all, when you have a petition of God, remember this: Patience is required when you have a request of God.

If you are patient, you will receive what you ask of Him.

Ask and you shall receive.
Seek and you shall find.
Knock and it shall be opened to you.
Matthew 7:ff

But note: it is not as automatic as it sounds. It requires Patience, and patience and patience....

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Lucrativress(f): 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
IamBroke:

I love this quote... sometimes we spend our time bothering God on things we can just use our brain
Exactly
We just have to remember He has already made provisions for our need's, we will just have to do the Job of unveiling them,it's sure not always easy,but we just have to keep exploring His provisions
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Samunique(m): 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

If church or mosque provided solutions, there would had been no need for government to imposed the order.
What solution are talking about?

To provide vaccine ?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by RuddyFusion(m): 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

I know I'll get the usual lines "my prayers wasn't answered because of sins" but if I ask what was that sins I won't get an answer.

Why should you pray and work? Where is the God factor in that if your work for it?

That's not the only thing I said....The facts remains that the prayer of a sinner is an abomination before God.....

The scriptures said...Watch and pray.....watch pray and watch.....

Prayers works , infact it's the only thing that works because God is a prayer answering God...
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Shukushaka: 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2021
My 19yr old brother death. With time I took it like a man and fall back to my senses.

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 6:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
Samunique:
What solution are talking about?

To provide vaccine ?
You know the solution I'm talking about... Vaccines should be expected from scientists and not church.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
RuddyFusion:

That's not the only thing I said....The facts remains that the prayer of a sinner is an abomination before God.....

The scriptures said...Watch and pray.....watch pray and watch.....

Prayers works , infact it's the only thing that works because God is a prayer answering God...
Lol, remember this verse "For we've ALL sinned and fall short of God's glory"?

The "Watch and pray" verse you're making emphasis on, have you read read the whole chapter? Do you know what context that emphasis was made on/about?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Mar 14, 2021
badman007:
Jesus don taya me.
Thank God say God no be man.

I know my village
We ONLY lack our Basic needs
God loves my village.

Forget about Jerusalem
Nobody send you go to Jerusalem, not even Jesus Christ.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

Lol, remember this verse "For we've ALL sinned and fall short of God's glory"?

The "Watch and pray" verse you're making emphasis on, have you read read the whole chapter? Do you know what context that emphasis was made on/about?
HAVE- past tense!

Sin is disobedience of the commandments/teachings of Jesus Christ- He is the New Covenant that defines what is sin as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned. And according to Jesus Christ, those who are sinners are slaves to sin but those who choose to accept(trust) and obey His teachings are those who are declared Sons of God for they are made free from sin as a result of their Obedience. John 8

Now, according to the same Jesus Christ, it is those who are Sons of God that abide in Him(they obey His commandments) and He and His Father will abide in. John 15

So what does it profit a one who claims to believe in Jesus Christ that he chooses to continue to live in sin by hi refusal to accept(trust) and obey the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by ACE1010: 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
When I lost my wife through child birth. I almost believe that there was no God honestly. It broke me into pieces lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
HAVE- past tense!

Sin is disobedience of the commandments/teachings of Jesus Christ- He is the New Covenant that defines what is sin as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned. And according to Jesus Christ, those who are sinners are slaves to sin but those who choose to accept(trust) and obey His teachings are those who are declared Sons of God for they are made free from sin as a result of their Obedience. John 8

Now, according to the same Jesus Christ, it is those who are Sons of God that abide in Him(they obey His commandments) and He and His Father will abide in. John 15

So what does it profit a one who claims to believe in Jesus Christ that he chooses to continue to live in sin by hi refusal to accept(trust) and obey the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ.
The Topic discussed was on prayer and faith, in the cause of discussion you brought in the lines of prayers not being answered because of sins (as expected) you have no idea why and what the reason for unanswered prayer was.

I don't wanna drag on as long as you're too afraid to answer my questions.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by ibedun: 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
Thazard:

Meaning?

Don’t wait for God. Go out there and do something.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by ibedun: 6:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
Firstnebo:

Africa is poor due to world's politics. It is man that dominates man.

I know you think that if Africa become more educated, they would be freed. But the truth is that education opens your eyes to the evils of the powers that be, it can't remove that evil.

America is not America because it's people are educated. It's America because the current world's politics favours it

If you are wise, go and study more on this. And your eyes will open to how the world powers, IMF, worldbank, etc, have been deliberately keeping Nigeria and Africa poor

Africa was programmed to be poor by racist Europeans, YES!
But, African leaders, African people and our backward culture, lack of confidence in ourselves, our obnoxious belief system (including subservience to foreign religion and obsession with foreign products) made it possible.
I no longer blame Europeans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by LordKO(m): 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
Polynek:
Pls wat is SBNR

Spiritual But Not Religious.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / Create Your Thoughts, Don't Let Your Thoughts Create You...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.