Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement (26890 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? / Reno Omokri: "Your Money Is For You And Your Wife. But Her Money Is Not For You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
ednut1:
nope. We do the training she does the chores

How will you train children when you're away from home?
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by luminouz(m): 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Labadi69:

The time don dey come wey Nigerian men that are doing well will start paying women to have their babies and disappear after birthing the baby. Then just employ a nanny to care for the baby. Na the same money wey the man go give him wife on a good day he go give the nanny and she will be very grateful.

I dey tells you
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by ednut1(m): 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
StacyO:

abeg madam free me

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by od501: 11:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ardar:
The day Nigerian mails stop been foolish is the day all the water bodies on this earth dries up.

You can not eat your cake and have it. If you want to be a traditional man be a traditional man to the last and if you what to be modern then be modern to the core.

You want your wife to bring part of her income into the house while you don't help her with the house chores and at the same time demand maximum respect and submission from her. You want to mix all the benefits of having a traditional and modern marriage for yourselves all the while maintaining the traditional mode of marriage for your wives.

I am sorry but women are humans not remote controlled robots.

Seriously, who raised you?! undecided

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by CHoccolaTE: 11:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
Because many men are heartless demons that will still cheat and disrespect the wife even while she is feeding him and paying bills.

Nigerian men hate women and love disrespecting them and insulting them but you want the same woman to provide for you?

If the man gets tired of the wife that was providing for decades he will withdraw his money and start spending on side chics, he will even marry the side chic because in his mind the first wife na superwoman that can be breadwinner and housegirl at the same time.

Selfish lots, you people want to be head of house, your children bear your names and belong to your family even after your wife suffers through pregnancy and years of breastfeeding and raising toddlers.

Now they want to abandon their responsibility for women so that they keep their money to themselves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Labadi69: 11:57pm On Mar 15, 2021
knowhowk:
Work Hard ,Find a Surrogate mother ,Sign an agreement to carry baby/ Babies for you at least two ,Further your contract with her to take care of them till 2 to 3 years ,when they have started Schools ,Work hard to build a good home ,Hire a house Help and a good cook ,U can pay a good school with good environment to have them in the school till you close .Later move them to boarding school .Enjoy your life and stay away from Wife/ Woman Palava

This sounds good but not practical in real life. You think any woman will just accept to raise the child she gave birth to for three years and then disappear after? Not possible. By then the woman would have formed a strong bond with her kids and would never leave. You don turn baby daddy be that and mind you, baby daddy life can be more expensive and stressful than being married. The baby mama will milk you dry and give you so much wahala and there is nothing you can do about it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Aguilar(m): 12:02am On Mar 16, 2021
Ardar:
The day Nigerian mails stop been foolish is the day all the water bodies on this earth dries up.

You can not eat your cake and have it. If you want to be a traditional man be a traditional man to the last and if you what to be modern then be modern to the core.

You want your wife to bring part of her income into the house while you don't help her with the house chores and at the same time demand maximum respect and submission from her. You want to mix all the benefits of having a traditional and modern marriage for yourselves all the while maintaining the traditional mode of marriage for your wives.

you're are an entitled b****, your traditional and modern crap kill you there.
the least you could do for him is to support him.
is it too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 16, 2021
ednut1:
abeg madam free me
I don't just want to drag you. kikikikikikkkii

Everyone and their funny contributions to a topic.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 16, 2021
Labadi69:

The time don dey come wey Nigerian men that are doing well will start paying women to have their babies and disappear after birthing the baby. Then just employ a nanny to care for the baby. Na the same money wey the man go give him wife on a good day he go give the nanny and she will be very grateful.

Funny comment.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by faste: 12:09am On Mar 16, 2021
blazepascal:
fear anything that bleed 3-5 days without dying
Don't be a kid,na from there you come out!

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by addexx: 12:11am On Mar 16, 2021
Nazgul:
I've said this severally and I'll keep saying it, any girl you're dating and claim to love, who can't bring out her money to buy you gifts or grant you urgent financial relief whenever called upon.

If you love your destiny as a man, stay away from such girls, cos if you marry them claiming love, you'll spend every penny of your life feeding, clothing and housing them, without her reciprocating your efforts. And as if that's not enough, you'll suffer miserably once your finances goes south, cos she'll mock you and call you unprintable degrading names.

I've witnessed such incident (my late uncle who died last year during the lock down) so I know exactly what I'm saying. If your girlfriend doesn't spend her money on you, or you can't point out a single gift she used her money to purchase for you, please don't marry her. It's for your own good.
Happened to my pops. He was happily providing for about 2 decades plus while Mom got used to collecting as a house wife. When he lost his job due to stroke, everything started turning south, including her attitude towards him. I could sense the reverence for him vaporizing. Replaced by nagging and complaining . Warned her severally against it but it would often lead to fights. I really felt pity for him till his death. Now she wants to continue the demanding cycle on me and my sibs. Thank God for blocking. You are alone in your marriage if your spouse is selfish.

10 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Labadi69: 12:13am On Mar 16, 2021
faste:
Don't be a kid,na from there you come out!

Haba, he dey fear him mama na.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by elotajohn1(m): 12:17am On Mar 16, 2021
Ardar:

But my MAIL is not Foolish grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Cashsteady(m): 12:17am On Mar 16, 2021
the only advice I can give young Nigerians including myself is never Marry a girl from a poor background cuz the moment u marry them like this, father mother, sister, brother uncle go turn u to their bank and Bill the hell outta u na then u go dey hear my father died and I need money for materials and all sort of shit but the day u don't have and u try to explain to them omo Dem go see u as one stingy guy ooo and won't even remember the days u we're giving them... stay away from poor girls if u don't want problem in ur life

8 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by haulagehandlers(m): 12:32am On Mar 16, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Call for a meeting with family member and pastor she respects and let them talk sense into her. If she doesn't change, pray abt her attitude..she will come to her senses.Holy Spirit know how to deal with her grin
TRY SENSE E NO COST YOU ANYTHING.......SE ORO LO SO BA YI,WU PRAYER HELP FOR WETIN SENSE FIT SOLVE

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by idahme(m): 12:34am On Mar 16, 2021
specialmati:
dont just marry any woman discuss how you want to run your family with them before engaging them to avoid this kind of story.if you sense selfishness look for someone else women many na

Apt.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by IjeBos(m): 12:36am On Mar 16, 2021
Ardar:

I would agree with you but there are some woman who want to have it both ways as well. They want to enjoy the benefits of a traditional man (a man pays for everything), yet want to be a modern woman (everything else is 50/50). I can't date a woman who is comfortable with me providing everything. That gives me too much power. There is no wisdom in that.

A woman once told me "my money is our money, hers is hers". Broke up with her the next day.

6 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by luminouz(m): 12:55am On Mar 16, 2021
IjeBos:

I would agree with you but there are some woman who want to have it both ways as well. They want to enjoy the benefits of a traditional man (a man pays for everything), yet want to be a modern woman (everything else is 50/50). I can't date a woman who is comfortable with me providing everything. That gives me too much power. There is no wisdom in that.

A woman once told me "my money is our money, hers is hers". Broke up with her the next day.

Your last sentence made me smile.

I like decisive guys. Nice one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Tessy0904: 12:58am On Mar 16, 2021
At times I wonder if they don’t think, that their son will be treated the same way ��

2 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by ednut1(m): 12:59am On Mar 16, 2021
StacyO:

my dad had a company, my mum also had a business. Dad came home 8, mum 7pm. We come frkm school 3.30 to 4pm. Does it mean our maids trained us Joker

4 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by womenareapes1: 1:15am On Mar 16, 2021
stay away from those piece of shiit called Naija girls you won't hear undecided
Naija women are unproductive piece of black shiit. please stay away from them

2 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Raph3177(m): 1:27am On Mar 16, 2021
Nazgul:
I've said this severally and I'll keep saying it, any girl you're dating and claim to love, who can't bring out her money to buy you gifts or grant you urgent financial relief whenever called upon.

If you love your destiny as a man, stay away from such girls, cos if you marry them claiming love, you'll spend every penny of your life feeding, clothing and housing them, without her reciprocating your efforts. And as if that's not enough, you'll suffer miserably once your finances goes south, cos she'll mock you and call you unprintable degrading names.

I've witnessed such incident (my late uncle who died last year during the lock down) so I know exactly what I'm saying. If your girlfriend doesn't spend her money on you, or you can't point out a single gift she used her money to purchase for you, please don't marry her. It's for your own good.

So many sense in one comment nice one bro u are doing well lol

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by oloshun(m): 1:42am On Mar 16, 2021
OP are you sure you are not the one? Those kind girls no dey advise their partners to save or invest. And when things turn around, na dem go first scold you how wasteful you are with money on their way out of your house with their luggage of belongings you bought for them. Does it worth it? Abeg tell your guy to be saving half of his income . If food no dey house, make e go chop for buka. Make we see who go last.

2 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by yom2(m): 1:42am On Mar 16, 2021
Kebbiprince:
In the marriage setting the two have become one and therefore should partake in doing things together, chores, finances etc

Its shocking how some women feel its ok to earn almost the same money as their men and feel zero obligation to contribute to anything in the family. Not just that, they now selfishly insist on spending their partners money. Who is raising these girls to think like that?
I have a colleague whose wife works very much like him yet she contributed nothing to the home but instead sends her own money to her family as if the man has no family too to send money to. This selfish act must stop!
that is naija scenerio for u. Most of the relationship s are selfishly .manipated by d female.. Meanwhile 90% of Nigerian female are wired like this.. I be seen several couples fight and eventually break up because of this female selfishness excessive sense of entitlement.. I have seen one case where the husband travelled out for urgent business transaction for 2 weeks.. Within that period NEPA came unexpectedly to disconnect d building for a bill of 30k which the wife can conveniently pay. She's a lawyer in top position in a bank and also runs a large fashion factory of her own which the husband even contributed in setting up for her. But she can not cover up for her husband when he is not around.. Its OK for her and d 2 kids to be in darkness for some days till her husband returns.. That sparked off a quarrel when her husband came back cos she does not contribute to any maintenance in d house

6 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Raph3177(m): 1:46am On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Is that the best you can come up with? Olodo. I wonder when men became this shameless. You become the woman in a relationship waiting for handouts tomorrow you will say you are alpha. No he only alpha na alfa for mosque
Are u sure u understand this thread u read this toddler?? Go get a grip from mama instead of been here damaging your under developed brain with what u don’t understand

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Raph3177(m): 1:50am On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Mature man indeed. A mature man that looks for women to wipe his ass. If you father was as stupid as you. He wouldnt be able to afford a wife talk more of send you to school
Jeez this toddler are u sure u understand what u read shuu? U have been going around embarrassing yourself on this thread pls go meet mama her breast is full of milk it will help your brain mature properly.

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Raph3177(m): 1:56am On Mar 16, 2021
jaxxy:

It’s not just selfish it is very dumb. I think the problem here is people, women compare their marriages with others forgetting all hand are not equal and everybody has their own timing.

That controversial statement u made only works when the man is super comfortable bt not every marriage is at that stage so u can’t apply that logic until ur situation and comfort level gets to that point or stage. Bt some ladies don’t think properly. They are in a hurry nowhere. They cause more problems in their homes than solutions. undecided

And she supposed to be a helpmate? undecided
Even if the man is super comfortable a good sensitive woman will still spend some of her own money on petty things. Like me I don’t expect a woman to share financial responsibilities with me but am watching her closely to ensure she is using her brain to do some petty things with her own money and not come running to me for everything. If I notice selfish moves from her I discharge her gradually and I will keep doing it until I find the right one Cos am sure there is one out there

4 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by nick50(m): 2:03am On Mar 16, 2021
Reason why we have alot of land ladies instead of landlords

3 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by johhnnie(m): 2:20am On Mar 16, 2021
addexx:

Happened to my pops. He was happily providing for about 2 decades plus while Mom got used to collecting as a house wife. When he lost his job due to stroke, everything started turning south, including her attitude towards him. I could sense the reverence for him vaporizing. Replaced by nagging and complaining . Warned her severally against it but it would often lead to fights. I really felt pity for him till his death. Now she wants to continue the demanding cycle on me and my sibs. Thank God for blocking. You are alone in your marriage if your spouse is selfish.

Shows the kids are always watching!
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Navalsadiq(m): 2:27am On Mar 16, 2021
Kebbiprince:
In the marriage setting the two have become one and therefore should partake in doing things together, chores, finances etc

Its shocking how some women feel its ok to earn almost the same money as their men and feel zero obligation to contribute to anything in the family. Not just that, they now selfishly insist on spending their partners money. Who is raising these girls to think like that?
I have a colleague whose wife works very much like him yet she contributed nothing to the home but instead sends her own money to her family as if the man has no family too to send money to. This selfish act must stop!
this act can only stop when you do well for your self by identifying such woman and then stay away
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by amuwo1980: 2:29am On Mar 16, 2021
Kebbiprince:

You are in lalaland , it is never going to stop, thats the dysfunctional way most Nigerian girls are brought up, the problem is the upbringing , hustler go born hustler

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

11-Year-Old Girl Impregnated By 50-Year-Old Brother-In-Law Gives Birth In Guinea / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / Amazing Instagram Couple Transformation #10YearsChallenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.