Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement (26915 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? / Reno Omokri: "Your Money Is For You And Your Wife. But Her Money Is Not For You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by descarado: 1:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

It was not indoctrination. That was the working approach. Women have a lot to do in taking care of the children. Nothing degraded society to this extent more than the fact that both parents now have to work, while the children are left to the internet to raise. 'Economic reality' has not differed in any way, except that people; especially women; are now less satisfied with what their husbands' incomes can comfortably provide so families are normalising the wives' compulsory financial contribution just to keep up with the Kardashians. Now everyone has to work just to sustain the kind of lifestyle that they see on Instagram and Facebook and want for themselves. As Mahatma Ghandi once said; "there's enough on earth for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed".

Its a vicious cycle of consumerism and poor upbringing.
Both parents work, both train the kids. Each focusing on his or her strong points and the other knowing when to draw the curtain and allow the other to take charge.

Wonder why this should be a topic.

So you know not everybody is on Facebook, tiktok, Facebook etc and not every home allow their kids to do as they want on internet.

Nor do every woman want to be like the K family or every man want to live life like a Nigerian politician or pastors.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by BalogunIdowu(m): 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2021
It's not selfish act, firstly it must be admitted that it is not their responsibility to spend on the family and if they would, it should be to assist and not an enforcement!

However, we encourage they do
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by ImaIma1(f): 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
Reex12:
pls lets remove sentiment and answer this question, IS IT A MANS JOB TO DO CHORES?
how selfish can u be, so a man will work morning-evening(mosttimes late in the night) and still come bck and do the chores so what is your work in the house then? to sit dwn and wtch zeeworld from morning till night and open ur legs like a lovepeddler

I think he's talking about a woman that also esrns money (works morning till evening too) but still comes back to do all the chores.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by ImaIma1(f): 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
Incognito403:

Sorry ma, which house chores do modern wives do? Better still, which house chores are they capable of doing?

Lol...i work and I also do chores at home cos I don't have a help. Thankfully, hubby does chores too without being told; bath the kid, sweep, etc. Doing dishes is not his strong point though.

And my money is not just mine...we plan finances together.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
sisisioge:

Hmmmm....you need to make up your mind as it's quite impossible to eat your cake and have it. The economic reality has truly changed. School fees are not anywhere close to what they used to be. Food inflation is above 20% now. Cost of money is astronomical. Rent, transportation, clothing, etc. Meaning, meeting the basic physiological need is no longer an easy feat. How many young men can afford to do it alone while their wives sit at home nurturing children in this age? Yeah, such a long shot. Haven't you seen that divorce/domestic violence/marital discord thrive in the face of financial distress? It is well.

The good thing about this life is that there is no mandate that says every household must adopt the same approach. Let's all adopt whichever works for us. Good luck.

It's not impossible unless there are unrealistic expectations of a lifestyle that is not sustainable. There are many families that survive on minimum wage or less. And it is not essential that a child must be sent to a school that is beyond the reach of the family budget. That marital discord thrives in the face of financial distress is still due to discontentment. Women can help more by being emotionally supportive when their husbands don't have much than by being made responsible for part of the expenses.

I agree that different homes have different systems, but there are many ills associated with women being obliged to pay home expenses.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
descarado:

Both parents work, both train the kids. Each focusing on his or her strong points and the other knowing when to draw the curtain and allow the other to take charge.

No family can have two leaders. That is a feminist narrative. It does not work.

descarado:

Wonder why this should be a topic.

So you know not everybody is on Facebook, tiktok, Facebook etc and not every home allow their kids to do as they want on internet.

When they both work, little time is left to spend with the children. They have little influence on the kind of values that the children imbibe; from a very young, impressionable age. It's not rocket science.

descarado:

Nor do every woman want to be like the K family or every man want to live life like a Nigerian politician or pastors.

That was an analogy. But true. Most people want to tailor their lifestyles to fit the expectations either of others or to be like those they see on screens/online. It matters little where they see these things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by nick50(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Why?
..in Africa every male child is being perceived as 'born to suffer' while thier female counterparts were never allowed to work n hussle ,from taking care of thier parents,siblings and relatives to starting thier own family, after all the suffering most of them die young after laying a huge foundation n training thier kids in school then d wife will now take over thier vast properties n wealth, some of these lazy greedy wives will brainwash thier kids n turn them against thier father.. Honestly it's so disheartening cos with d way things are going in this present world the male folks will go into extinction soon

2 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by djon78(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
It depends on each family's peculiarity

I know some where the man brings in 100% the woman runs the home and they are ok with that

Some both couple's work but the woman supports with her own contribution but the man also supports the woman in chores. He doesn't leave everything to her

It all depends on individual family

What works for each couple and doesn't cause friction so be it

And it also depends on the kind of partner one marries
Some women no dey play with there money oo, while some are open with there finances

But honestly in many homes the man brings in almost all the money needed and doesn't complain

If you married a woman that doesn't earn much compared to you, then you should take on the bills but she also should bring in something once in a while to show she is not selfish

More about applying wisdom here in the Marriage
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by descarado: 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

No family can have two leaders. That is a feminist narrative. It does not work.

When they both work, little time is left to spend with the children. They have little influence on the kind of values that the children imbibe; from a very young, impressionable age. It's not rocket science.

That was an analogy. But true. Most people want to tailor their lifestyles to fit the expectations either of others or to be like those they see on screens/online. It matters little where they see these things.
What has feminism got to do with my post?
No need debating with you.
U just killed the passion.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by descarado: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
nick50:
..in Africa every male child is being perceived as 'born to suffer' while thier female counterparts were never allowed to work n hussle ,from taking care of thier parents,siblings and relatives to starting thier own family, after all the suffering most of them die young after laying a huge foundation n training thier kids in school then d wife will now take over thier vast properties n wealth, some of these lazy greedy wives will brainwash thier kids n turn them against thier father.. Honestly it's so disheartening cos with d way things are going in this present world the male folks will go into extinction soon
Where in Africa please. Be specific.
Cos where I come from, females work. I and host of other ladies here work.
I have few female African colleagues too.
So do tell me, where exactly in Africa do this happen?
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2021
descarado:

What has feminism got to do with my post?
No need debating with you.
U just killed the passion.

Feminism is the reason behind seeking excuses for getting women to abandon the care of their children and going to work. There is no other justification for it.

Yes. Each parent should raise the children according to their strengths. The man's strength is his ability to make money, the woman's is the ability to train and nurture them from a young age.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by sisisioge: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

It's not impossible unless there are unrealistic expectations of a lifestyle that is not sustainable. There are many families that survive on minimum wage or less. And it is not essential that a child must be sent to a school that is beyond the reach of the family budget. That marital discord thrives in the face of financial distress is still due to discontentment. Women can help more by being emotionally supportive when their husbands don't have much than by being made responsible for part of the expenses.

I agree that different homes have different systems, but there are many ills associated with women being obliged to pay home expenses.

Well, you wouldnt have been so far off in 1980 but this is 2021. What is the essence of exposing the girl child to the same education as the boy child if only to expect her to contentedly sit at home nurturing children for better or worse even though she has the capabilities of supporting the man to make things better by working? Remember the parable of the talent in the bible...she will be committing a crime against nature if shes not exploring her God given talent biko. In fact, let us stop ascribing a special consideration for gender capabilities, let's just say we are all working the fields to make our lives better. I will choose to earn a living for myself, support my partner by earning a living for us and just choose a better standard of living simply because I have the capabilities to foot the bill of that life. So simple.

Meanwhile, let me let you enjoy the rest of your evening. Cheers papi.

2 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2021
sisisioge:

Well, you wouldnt have been so far off in 1980 but this is 2021. What is the essence of exposing the girl child to the same education as the boy child if only to expect her to contentedly sit at home nurturing children for better or worse even though she has the capabilities of supporting the man to make things better by working? Remember the parable of the talent in the bible...she will be committing a crime against nature if shes not exploring her God given talent biko. In fact, let us stop ascribing a special consideration for gender capabilities, let's just say we are all working the fields to make our lives better. I will choose to earn a living for myself, support my partner by earning a living for us and just choose a better standard of living simply because I have the capabilities to foot the bill of that life. So simple.

Meanwhile, let me let you enjoy the rest of your evening. Cheers papi.

Because that comes at a price. It always does.

And there are special considerations for gender capabilities. Wishing there aren't any does not make them go away.

And please stop this unbecoming postscript that you always sign off with. If you do not want me to respond, stop mentioning my comment.

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by EvilNeedle(m): 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

That's the best you can come up with. Lazy ass nigger

Simp

Ology.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by EvilNeedle(m): 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Simp

Listic.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
EvilNeedle:

Simp

Listic.
Dumb
Listic
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by EvilNeedle(m): 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Bart

Simp

Son.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by EvilNeedle(m): 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Simp

Osium.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
EvilNeedle:

Bart

Simp

Son.
You go tire. Continue
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
EvilNeedle:

Simp

Ology.
Dumb
Ology
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by EvilNeedle(m): 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

You go tire. Continue

I'm just getting started.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by EvilNeedle(m): 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Simp

Toms.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
EvilNeedle:

I'm just getting started.

If you stop you are a conpound fool
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by 001spice: 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ardar:

As lazy and as brainless as your entire family members right? I won't be surprised if you can't even hold a basic conversion with me without fumbling.

I am not against supporting my spouse but I won't do it at my own expense especially if my spouse leans towards the traditional side get that into that thick skull of yours.
U r a trash stupid poor ass hole idiot. lazy stingy bitch
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Princessogaraya(f): 11:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
milann:
you are missing the point. Why are women so entitled to a man's money when they can use their own.

I know why will they always call Nigeria girls useless
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by 001spice: 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ardar:

As lazy and as brainless as your entire family members right? I won't be surprised if you can't even hold a basic conversion with me without fumbling.

I am not against supporting my spouse but I won't do it at my own expense especially if my spouse leans towards the traditional side get that into that thick skull of yours.
Dirty poor ass hole
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by milann: 11:32pm On Mar 16, 2021
Princessogaraya:

I know why will they always call Nigeria girls useless
Nigeria girls are not useless. I don't belong to that line of thought because my gf too is a nigerian. I believe every girl is unique in her own way.

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by EvilNeedle(m): 1:43am On Mar 17, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

If you stop you are a conpound fool

Your

Fat

Her.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Realestbae(f): 3:00am On Mar 17, 2021
Oga, check ursef there is something U r not doing right.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 17, 2021
Stockquality:
They re all useless girls. I have spent for a lady,sent for a lady,cooked,done every but still she remained adamant,like 3 diff girls o. They are all wired to be promiscuous,lazy,greedy,arrogant and fromnpoor background. I dated the rich,that one was super arrogant, money conscious ad social media freak. Its been 7months now I never sex any gal. My ex who realised I loved her in 2015 suddenly started calling me and said she even bought gifts forme during val. On the D day I off my phone,can't go back to my vomit. During their prime,they won't use their head and study life,its from one guy to the other,Then by age 30,lady already looking like 45,desperate to settle down,by age 35,no hope. I hate majority of naja ladies and I wish ritualsts ca reduce ther numbers. They are ungrateful and would mock u in disguise.

Absolutely correct, I have nothing to add to this master piece......
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by DedeNkem: 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2021
Any woman who is capable to contribute financially to the household expenditure but refuse to do so, is not worthy to be married!!
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Yeecar(m): 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ardar:

Well you've gotten my attention because your post is riddled with foolishness and contradictions.

Your first point is wrong, there is a traditional marriage and a modern marriage.

Your second point is contradicting it self. I guess you pulled the word submission from the bible so that means that that same bible also instructed mails to provide for their families 100% while women cater for their homes (that's an example of a traditional marriage by the way)

Your third point is also about the bible too and I've noticed that you tend to pick the parts that fit your narrative and ignore the rest.

Then as for your fourth point, you should save that advice for yourself cuz I pity the unfortunate woman that is married to you or would marry you in future.

I wasn't seeking your attention in the first place, i was only trying to change your foul and bitter attitudes , which is obviously due to poor ubringing. Your attention doesn't take care of my bills and responsibilities, again, you goofed!
You probably had typed this with your privates, because i cant imagine a reasonable human being of high standards stopping so low....
However, I insist you go back to my post, this time read it slowly with your BRAIN and thats assuming you've got any one functioning...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Pays Tribute To His Late Wife Who Died During Childbirth / Man Disappears Over Wife’s Third Set Of Twins / Nairaland Baby Is 5. Hurray!! Wish Me Well, dear Uncles And Aunties!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.