Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement (26929 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? / Reno Omokri: "Your Money Is For You And Your Wife. But Her Money Is Not For You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2021
Stockquality:
They re all useless girls. I have spent for a lady,sent for a lady,cooked,done every but still she remained adamant,like 3 diff girls o. They are all wired to be promiscuous,lazy,greedy,arrogant and fromnpoor background. I dated the rich,that one was super arrogant, money conscious ad social media freak. Its been 7months now I never sex any gal. My ex who realised I loved her in 2015 suddenly started calling me and said she even bought gifts forme during val. On the D day I off my phone,can't go back to my vomit. During their prime,they won't use their head and study life,its from one guy to the other,Then by age 30,lady already looking like 45,desperate to settle down,by age 35,no hope. I hate majority of naja ladies and I wish ritualsts ca reduce ther numbers. They are ungrateful and would mock u in disguise.
Can't go back to your vomit grin cheesy wickedness
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2021
Stockquality:
They re all useless girls. I have spent for a lady,sent for a lady,cooked,done every but still she remained adamant,like 3 diff girls o. They are all wired to be promiscuous,lazy,greedy,arrogant and fromnpoor background. I dated the rich,that one was super arrogant, money conscious ad social media freak. Its been 7months now I never sex any gal. My ex who realised I loved her in 2015 suddenly started calling me and said she even bought gifts forme during val. On the D day I off my phone,can't go back to my vomit. During their prime,they won't use their head and study life,its from one guy to the other,Then by age 30,lady already looking like 45,desperate to settle down,by age 35,no hope. I hate majority of naja ladies and I wish ritualsts ca reduce ther numbers. They are ungrateful and would mock u in disguise.
But are you sure the rich are also arrogant not all of them though because in my experience it's the Broke Girls that have such mentality
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 8:42am On Mar 16, 2021
blazepascal:
fear anything that bleed 3-5 days without dying
grin grin
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 8:46am On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

LOL. You go date rich girl hahaha. The problem with you guys is you think because someone is rich, that automatically makes the person mother Theresa. People dont become wealthy by being generous. Even your pastor who preaches giving will rather buy private jet and travel in luxury than give a penny to the hungry among his flock
Hahaaha wickedness

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 8:54am On Mar 16, 2021
Labadi69:

Some women pretend and hide their true characters in order to cajole the men into marriage. Na after the wedding the man go hear am.
grin grin
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Yeecar(m): 8:54am On Mar 16, 2021
Ardar:
The day Nigerian mails stop been foolish is the day all the water bodies on this earth dries up.

You can not eat your cake and have it. If you want to be a traditional man be a traditional man to the last and if you what to be modern then be modern to the core.

You want your wife to bring part of her income into the house while you don't help her with the house chores and at the same time demand maximum respect and submission from her. You want to mix all the benefits of having a traditional and modern marriage for yourselves all the while maintaining the traditional mode of marriage for your wives.

I am sorry but women are humans not remote controlled robots.

Modified: I knew this comment will rile up some mails here but I stand by what i wrote. Some one just asked me if its a man's job to do the house chores but now am asking is it a woman's job to provide for the family? This is what I mean by mails trying so hard to eat their cakes and have it.

You undervalue the essence of cooking, cleaning and taking care of the children while holding your purpose as a husband to high importance, that's why some mails talk about how women live longer than men because of all the work and blah blah (which by the way is all total B.S) while intentionally forgetting the fact that there are women to who lose their lives due to stress and depression.

If you want your wife to contribute to the home financially whether 50:50, 60:40 etc then you'll have to EQUALLY help her in the house work, if you can't do that then you're a shitty husband.

I would have ignored you, because your post reeks of stupidity and illiteracy. However for the sake of the reasonable and intelligent young ladies out there on this social media platform, I will have to prefely correct this gross irresponsibility caused by diarrhea of the mouth....
1. there is nothing like traditional and modern marriage, marriage is marriage. It is actually sadistic and untrained girls like you who have decided to divide it in your myopic minds.
2. If you as a woman is not ready to be submissive and financially supportive , you can as well remain in your father's house or whatever cage you choose to be for the rest of your life ,No one cares.
3. An husband is the head of the family as ordained by God he will never give you conditions to support or assist you , why should you give him conditions? Aren't you supposed to be his backbone.
4. Please do not imprison someone's son with your low mentality.
Ire oo.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by KingMicky3286: 8:55am On Mar 16, 2021
Kebbiprince:
In the marriage setting the two have become one and therefore should partake in doing things together, chores, finances etc

Its shocking how some women feel its ok to earn almost the same money as their men and feel zero obligation to contribute to anything in the family. Not just that, they now selfishly insist on spending their partners money. Who is raising these girls to think like that?
I have a colleague whose wife works very much like him yet she contributed nothing to the home but instead sends her own money to her family as if the man has no family too to send money to. This selfish act must stop!

Nigerian man appreciates his fiance for always supporting him despite his hard times.

Can a Nigerian woman of these days stand by you if you dont have money?
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 9:01am On Mar 16, 2021
Labadi69:

This sounds good on paper but difficult to implement in real life. For example, you think any woman will just accept to raise the child she gave birth to for three years and then disappear after? Not possible. By then the woman would have formed a strong bond with her kids and would never leave. You don turn baby daddy be that and mind you, baby daddy life can be more expensive and stressful than being married. The baby mama will milk you dry and give you so much wahala and there is nothing you can do about it.
True

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 9:03am On Mar 16, 2021
Cashsteady:
the only advice I can give young Nigerians including myself is never Marry a girl from a poor background cuz the moment u marry them like this, father mother, sister, brother uncle go turn u to their bank and Bill the hell outta u na then u go dey hear my father died and I need money for materials and all sort of shit but the day u don't have and u try to explain to them omo Dem go see u as one stingy guy ooo and won't even remember the days u we're giving them... stay away from poor girls if u don't want problem in ur life
What of if you love her so much? We are human beings
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 9:04am On Mar 16, 2021
ednut1:
my dad had a company, my mum also had a business. Dad came home 8, mum 7pm. We come frkm school 3.30 to 4pm. Does it mean our maids trained us Joker
You mean you train yourself?
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2021
nick50:
Reason why we have alot of land ladies instead of landlords
Why?
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 9:15am On Mar 16, 2021
Fiscus105:

abeg stop saying all Nigeria girls. Thats how all ur sisters be too.

watch before you married you sayu no, wen you enter one chance you would be blaming all naija girls up and down. Did i not married the same Nigeria girls? From the time we are dating and til date, she willingly handed over all her passwords, take not of plural form of passwords o, to me.

NB I married her at ripe age o, educated, working class etc. I also knw some of my friends wives who contribute significantly towards the family too, and they are all naija origin

You should thank God because you don't know what God has done for you nija girls are something else
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Hassanmaye(m): 9:18am On Mar 16, 2021
MrIcredible:

I dey wait for your sister and daughter...
One of them must accept this offer cool
Haha

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by addexx: 9:25am On Mar 16, 2021
johhnnie:

Shows the kids are always watching!

Damn right they are. The mistake parents make is assuming their kids are stupid. They don't know that kids observe EVERYTHING.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by POTUT(m): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2021
Kebbiprince:
In the marriage setting the two have become one and therefore should partake in doing things together, chores, finances etc

Its shocking how some women feel its ok to earn almost the same money as their men and feel zero obligation to contribute to anything in the family. Not just that, they now selfishly insist on spending their partners money. Who is raising these girls to think like that?
I have a colleague whose wife works very much like him yet she contributed nothing to the home but instead sends her own money to her family as if the man has no family too to send money to. This selfish act must stop!

Many women are listening to social media 'influencers' who are throwing around dogmas from there personal experiences. Many of those experiences are not good ones.

In a marriage, it's a partnership that demands the two to bring things together. Money, body, opinions, energy, knowledge and spirituality. There's no room for individuality.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 16, 2021
tammyf:
[b][/b]

and wat happens when u take up ur duty as a man yet d woman doesnt ....full of hate and insultive...wat happens den

You get out of the marriage. Just as you never shirk your responsibility, you must never shirk your authority. If you're paying, you're the king. There should be no compromise in that.

And that is why you ditch all these mythological notions of love and romance and enter marriage with your eyes on the ball; marry the right person and train her well.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Gerrard59(m): 9:58am On Mar 16, 2021
Stockquality:

At the time of quoting this post, it had 80 likes even with the bold shocked. Nigerian girls are in deep wahala if there are people who have such thoughts. Maybe na why TwitterNG feminists dey use una shine. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 16, 2021
Yeecar:

I would have ignored you, because your post reeks of stupidity and illiteracy. However for the sake of the reasonable and intelligent young ladies out there on this social media platform, I will have to prefely correct this gross irresponsibility caused by diarrhea of the mouth....
1. there is nothing like traditional and modern marriage, marriage is marriage. It is actually sadistic and untrained girls like you who have decided to divide it in your myopic minds.
2. If you as a woman is not ready to be submissive and financially supportive , you can as well remain in your father's house or whatever cage you choose to be for the rest of your life ,No one cares.
3. An husband is the head of the family as ordained by God he will never give you conditions to support or assist you , why should you give him conditions? Aren't you supposed to be his backbone.
4. Please do not imprison someone's son with your low mentality.
Ire oo.

Well you've gotten my attention because your post is riddled with foolishness and contradictions.

Your first point is wrong, there is a traditional marriage and a modern marriage.

Your second point is contradicting it self. I guess you pulled the word submission from the bible so that means that that same bible also instructed mails to provide for their families 100% while women cater for their homes (that's an example of a traditional marriage by the way)

Your third point is also about the bible too and I've noticed that you tend to pick the parts that fit your narrative and ignore the rest.

Then as for your fourth point, you should save that advice for yourself cuz I pity the unfortunate woman that is married to you or would marry you in future.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by phineas: 10:16am On Mar 16, 2021
Till Nigeria has a social protection plan for women who get easily divorced by their men.Wise women had better keep their money for their children and themselves for the unforeseen future

Ignore threads like this.they are sponsored by selfish lazy add people
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by phineas: 10:22am On Mar 16, 2021
I repeat again any woman that did not learn from examples of women of older generation who slaved it all and kept nothing for themselves and their kids for later years is a compound fool.

A woman's duty is to protect her children and herself .it includes keeping and saving assets for your old age and for themselves in case things go awry later

So Nigerian boys are now asking women bring their money's again and the foolish women will oblige.At best its can be occasional request but when it becomes the norm.theres a problem

Women just make sure you are building a safe nest somewhere.theres no court here that will enforce child support or sharing of the assets "jointly" buildt in he case of a divorce.

Don't even get me started on if the spouse dies.PS everybody dies eventually.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by phineas: 10:29am On Mar 16, 2021
I don't think I'll have time to respond to comments later but note to women again.if he keeps needing funds from you to make the house work always and adds nothing to assets in your name..Chances are he is underachieving,you are not helping by enabling his lazy underacheieving arse

If you must support, support his investments and get your funds back.also help him cut his coat (lifestyle) according to his size while he is at it.

E.g don't pay for so he can drive a benz or you all can afford family summer vacation etc thats just crap.thats money you should be saving
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 16, 2021
ednut1:
my dad had a company, my mum also had a business. Dad came home 8, mum 7pm. We come frkm school 3.30 to 4pm. Does it mean our maids trained us Joker

Within the space of those free 2 hours, I'm very certain you guys must've learned one of two things from your househelp sorry parents.

Imagine your parents getting back home from work tired. What will they offer you at that moment if not a stress filled session. Or they'll at least pretend to be agile.

Like I wrote, I won't drag your ass here.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by ednut1(m): 10:42am On Mar 16, 2021
StacyO:

Within the space of those free 2 hours, I'm very certain you guys must've learned one of two things from your househelp sorry parents.

Imagine your parents getting back home from work tired. What will they offer you at that moment if not a stress filled session. Or they'll at least pretend to be agile.

Like I wrote, I won't drag your ass here.
omo na u sabi, we all turned out well is the koko, abeg comot here
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 16, 2021
ednut1:
omo na u sabi, we all turned out well is the koko, abeg comot here

I already told you to comot first undecided

*Hiss small*
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Malawian(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2021
Brother man, focus on your children alone, make sure not even a penny of your money gets into your wive's mouth. Been there done that.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by bukatyne(f): 10:55am On Mar 16, 2021
abdsamad:

Dunno why people have refused to agree with this post.

If you're traditional then you believe men work and pay for stuff and women stay home and work without expected input from the man. In that case, don't complain: just pay and enjoy your laundry being done for you. As long as she delivers on that, anything else she makes is hers.

Being modern involves sharing financial and other responsibilities. In my own world view, this is the correct thing. Responsibilities should be shared based on what's reasonable and each situation should be judged on a case to case basis.

The woman may be better at cooking and it'll be reasonable for her to then cook but is she also better at washing the dishes when both of you have just eaten dinner? If she slaves for hours to cook, you can at least wash up after.

The man may also be better suited to washing her car. Help out where you can just as she helps out where she can.

Nobody is a slave of anyone else, man or woman. You can't carry a pregnancy for her but you can maintain balance by paying for everything related to the pregnancy and some of her personal stuff which you may not have been doing. Afterall, if she wasn't slowed down by that responsibility she'd probably be able to work more and earn more. That's balance in my own opinion

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

'Nigerian' husbands and wives like to eat their cake and have it.

They both want to be traditional and modern/flexible at same time.

Today, it is the men/boys wailing.

One said why should a woman want a man who does chores when she is at home watching zeeworld all day?

How would a woman supposedly watching zeeworld all day have money to contribute to the family purse in the first place? grin cheesy

Oh, she is an housewife watching zeeworld all day yet working hard to bring in money.

Tomorrow, the women would equate respect/submission to finance yet they would complain when a husband earning more/ sole earner treats them like trash.

My brother, just siddon look.

'Nigerian' husbands and wives are a perfect FIT.

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Zane2point4(m): 10:55am On Mar 16, 2021
missoreo:
Our society is evolving and it’s obvious that the income of a husband is no longer enough to sustain the home. In most cases, both partners need to work full time. For the partnership to truly work without resentment, if the woman contributes financially to running the house, the man needs to contribute equally to domestic chores and child rearing. If a man wants to complain about his woman not supporting financially, he has the moral obligation to be sure he is supporting his wife in her traditional roles as well.
Men don't need to join to cut tomatoes or onions in the kitchen, he can do more masculine chores like cleaning the compd and the cars, servicing the generator etc.
Women own the kitchen, no dispute.

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 11:02am On Mar 16, 2021
Raph3177:

U are now sounding like a girl lol pls tell me u are a girl ?
Lol
You will soon call me your mother. Continue
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 11:45am On Mar 16, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Hahaaha wickedness
Na true nah. This Dangote when you dey see if he sees 500# to collect from you, he will

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
sisisioge:
Well, we were indoctrinated to think it was the man's job to provide everything relating to money by our mothers, them by their mother....but now that we've seen the economic reality of our lives, you would barely see a reasonable woman think it's all a man's job. Remember, women have mostly broken the glass ceilings which means we are earning just as much or more...why not contribute? In most cases, it cant even be helped.

It was not indoctrination. That was the working approach. Women have a lot to do in taking care of the children. Nothing degraded society to this extent more than the fact that both parents now have to work, while the children are left to the internet to raise. 'Economic reality' has not differed in any way, except that people; especially women; are now less satisfied with what their husbands' incomes can comfortably provide so families are normalising the wives' compulsory financial contribution just to keep up with the Kardashians. Now everyone has to work just to sustain the kind of lifestyle that they see on Instagram and Facebook and want for themselves. As Mahatma Ghandi once said; "there's enough on earth for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed".

Its a vicious cycle of consumerism and poor upbringing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by sisisioge: 12:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

It was not indoctrination. That was the working approach. Women have a lot to do in taking care of the children. Nothing degraded society to this extent more than the fact that both parents now have to work, while the children are left to the internet to raise. 'Economic reality' has not differed in any way, except that people; especially women; are now less satisfied with what their husbands' incomes can comfortably provide so families are normalising the wives' compulsory financial contribution just to keep up with the Kardashians. Now everyone has to work just to sustain the kind of lifestyle that they see on Instagram and Facebook and want for themselves. As Mahatma Ghandi once said; "there's enough on earth for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed".

Its a vicious cycle of consumerism and poor upbringing.

Hmmmm....you need to make up your mind as it's quite impossible to eat your cake and have it. The economic reality has truly changed. School fees are not anywhere close to what they used to be. Food inflation is above 20% now. Cost of money is astronomical. Rent, transportation, clothing, etc. Meaning, meeting the basic physiological need is no longer an easy feat. How many young men can afford to do it alone while their wives sit at home nurturing children in this age? Yeah, such a long shot. Haven't you seen that divorce/domestic violence/marital discord thrive in the face of financial distress? It is well.

The good thing about this life is that there is no mandate that says every household must adopt the same approach. Let's all adopt whichever works for us. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by descarado: 1:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
bukatyne:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

'Nigerian' husbands and wives like to eat their cake and have it.

They both want to be traditional and modern/flexible at same time.

Today, it is the men/boys wailing.

One said why should a woman want a man who does chores when she is at home watching zeeworld all day?

How would a woman supposedly watching zeeworld all day have money to contribute to the family purse in the first place? grin cheesy

Oh, she is an housewife watching zeeworld all day yet working hard to bring in money.

Tomorrow, the women would equate respect/submission to finance yet they would complain when a husband earning more/ sole earner treats them like trash.

My brother, just siddon look.

'Nigerian' husbands and wives are a perfect FIT.

cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairaland Baby Is 5. Hurray!! Wish Me Well, dear Uncles And Aunties!! / 4 Children Of Same Parents Who Died Same Day Buried In Abia (Pictures) / Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.