Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,196 members, 7,860,294 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:03 AM

Nigerian (igbo) & African American - Culture (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian (igbo) & African American (114868 Views)

UK Expats Learn Nigerian (Igbo) Culture For Husbands' Sake / Ghanaian (Ashanti) Dating Nigerian (Igbo) / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by AnOlderAmerican(m): 4:35am On Sep 23, 2013
It rained hard last night, but today was very sunny and mild. There is a full moon again tonight and it feels like 56-60 out at 10:00 pm Sunday. I couldn't figure out where the e mail sent ended up, lol, so, here is Facebook. GoldenDeAhora ....look for a waterfall cover photo and an owl profile picture. ♥ of all things IGBO.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 7:52am On Sep 23, 2013
AnOlderAmerican: It rained hard last night, but today was very sunny and mild. There is a full moon again tonight and it feels like 56-60 out at 10:00 pm Sunday. I couldn't figure out where the e mail sent ended up, lol, so, here is Facebook. GoldenDeAhora ....look for a waterfall cover photo and an owl profile picture. ♥ of all things IGBO.

I thought as much why you hadn't responded since then. I just added you up.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
@AnOlderAmerican

I believe you've been on nairaland for sometime and you must have noticed the deep tribal sentiments going on here. Even all the way from South Africa. I believe you're an enlightened man. Don't let what you read here get to you. In my life, there's only love. No space for hate.

You indeed love anything Igbo. I saw a picture of yours on FB where you were wearing the Igbo native cap called 'Isiagu'. wink
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by AnOlderAmerican(m): 3:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kwame you are a joke, a fool, an IGBO hating/envious bitter soul. I am the man in the photo who you in your obscene ignorance claim as a figment of Big Francis' imagination. Admit you truly love the great IGBO people as do I. ♥ of the Igbos!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
@AnOlderAmerican, God bless you for your comment. There is so much hate for the Igbo's. But I bet you, you won't regret knowing one. Rich culture, language and history. You know, each time I travel to my home town, Ideato South LGA, Imo state, there is this prominent river there called the Eze-ama River. Its a lovely site to see water gushing out from the tap root of a giant tree which is almost 19feets from the ground. Very clean water, it has a stairs almost 60 steps. You would love to read and learn the Igbo culture and traditions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
AnOlderAmerican: Kwame you are a joke, a fool, an IGBO hating/envious bitter soul. I am the man in the photo who you in your obscene ignorance claim as a figment of Big Francis' imagination. Admit you truly love the great IGBO people as do I. ♥ of the Igbos!

No one hates the Igbos, they simply cause problems wherever they go. You invite them into your home, they cause problems, and when you get upset they pretend to be victims.

This thread is a perfect example. The woman at the beginning was posting here because her Igbo boyfriend was saying disrespectful and bigoted things about African Americans. It only took SEVEN posts for the Igbos to start whining about being victims. Blaming the Hausa, and then the Yoruba, for the failings of one of their own people. ZERO people, except the OP herself, had mentioned tribe at that point.

This stuff makes people SOOO mad that you have no idea. If they gained some self respect, and dignity, no one would need be angry with them. Instead they feed off of passive aggression like a poison.

I repeat, read the first page of this thread again and pay close attention this time. You will see what I am saying is true. Actually, it's obvious. Then come back and read my follow up posts below.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
A prime example of their insane victim mentality is the Civil War that they started.

Every tribe has their issues in Nigeria, and we probably always will (in one form or another), but NO ONE has started a civil war to break this nation apart except them.

Igbo military leaders staged a coup, overthrowing the first democratically elected President of a free and independent Nigeria. To facilitate their coup, the Igbo military officers brutally murdered the respected leaders of the SW and the North, including their families. They then transformed Nigeria into a military dictatorship and placed ONLY IGBOS in power.

To imagine the caliber of leaders that were killed, imagine Martin Luther King. The men they killed were HEROES to their respective peoples in the North and SW. They were giants who fought for our independence from the British. Their murders were a heartbreaking national tragedy. And a painful personal loss felt by millions.

Nigerians from around the country rose up to take their freedom back (remember that they had JUST won independence from British, no one was going to sit back and be colonized again). The response of many enraged Northerners was to kill every Igbo person they saw. The Igbos ran back to their homeland in fear and declared war on the rest of the country. Of course, they couldn't declare war alone. They tried to FORCE the people of the SS, and many unwilling small tribes, to become part of their "Biafra". Those same minority tribes fought viciously against the Igbo, alongside the allied Nigerian forces, to regain their freedom and their status as Nigerian citizens.

Why did Igbos want to take an unwilling region of the country with them? To steal the SS's newly found oil wealth!

Then after millions of lives (on both sides) were lost, the Biafran leader RAN AWAY to Cote D'Ivoire while his people starved to death.

Then after all of this the Nigerian forces declared there to be "No victor, no vanquished" and set about a RAPID path of reconciliation. Yet, the Igbos have twisted this into an open sore of victim hood. Whining daily that the war THEY CAUSED, was fought because other tribes were JEALOUS of them. Which is delusional in the extreme. The war was fought because they were desperate for power and oil money, and they didn't care who had to suffer along the way.

Just like the racists in the American South have termed the Civil War, "The War of Northern Aggression", the Igbos imagine that the Civil War was the war of "Nigerian Aggression". Just like the racists in the American South fly the Confederate flag, and chant for secession, the Igbos wave the Biafra flag and chant for secession. They even have an organization dedicated to the cause called MASSOB. It is widely respected in Igboland. Just like the racists in the South REFUSE to admit that the Civil War was fought over slavery, the Igbos REFUSE to admit that they fought their war to steal another tribes oil money. They REFUSE to admit that the entire fiasco was the result of a failed bid to seize power.

My aunt always used to say, if you are always having problems with others, that means YOU are the problem. It is a lesson that they have never learned.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
Is it really historically accurate to say the Igbo started the civil war, and that they were the only people who have ever tried to pull out of the Federation?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
Radoillo: Is it really historically accurate to say the Igbo started the civil war, and that they were the only people who have ever tried to pull out of the Federation?

Yes, they started the war. They declared it.

Hilariously, the coup they plotted was the first coup in our history, and it saw them installed as the very first military dictatorship.

Who was the democratically elected President at the time? The one elected by a majority of the people? An Igbo man! His name was Nnamdi Azikiwe! There was NO hatred towards Igbos.

Why did Igbo military officers plot to take power from an Igbo President? Why did they kill SW and Northern heroes? One word: Greed. The Igbos felt that Azikwe cared about the interests of the other tribes too much, when he should have focused solely on Igbo needs and desires. They wanted more power and didn't trust that the unity between various regions would last.

These Igbo coup plotters even killed the pregnant wives of Northern leaders. Ironsi, the head coup plotter, even went as far as killing the few non-Igbo people that participated in the coup. Right before installing himself as military head of state.

Obviously, this provoked the Northern military men to revolt against this new Government.

It must be emphasized that all this happened a mere FIVE YEARS after Nigeria won independence from the British. Imagine how demoralizing it must have felt to have ANOTHER group try to colonize your people? Imagine how much pain you would be in when the heroes who helped free your people were violently killed? If their families were murdered? If their children were murdered? Imagine how it would pain you to see fellow Africans doing this? Doing this after you both fought together to repel a RACIST enemy? Imagine your freedom being stolen AGAIN! It must have felt like a vicious betrayal and Igbos must have been looked at as the worst type of traitors.

The North retaliated by killing Igbos in the thousands. This massacering of Igbos in the North is known as the pogroms.

In response to the pogroms, and because the coup was rapidly collapsing, Ojukwu (an Igbo military officer who became the "mlitary governor of SE Nigeria" after the coup) declared the independence of Eastern Nigeria on May 30, 1967. I imagine, he didn't tell the non-Igbos in his new country about his plans, because they fought on the side of the Nigerian military for the duration of the war.

As a final point. Nigeria was supported by the Soviet Union, the UK, the UN, and other nations. Biafra was supported by such illustrious nations as Apartheid South Africa (who thought seeing triumphant Nigeria collapse into dictatorship would demoralize the black South Africans and keep them from fighting for independence), Apartheid era Rhodesia, and the still colonial France, and Portugal. ZERO free nations supported Biafra.

Just imagine how bad this must have been if apartheid era South Africa and Rhodesia were supporting it.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
Bdbd
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
^^^

The Eastern region seceded.

Nigeria declared war on the new nation.

This is the official chronology of events.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
The so-called Igbo coup was also foiled by the same Igbos.

When Igbo military heads and elite were killed in retaliation, why didn't it end there?

Why orchestrate a pogrom wasting thousands of civilian lives, causing a generalized unsafe environment for Igbos all around regions outside the SE that was just as good as telling them that they are no longer wanted in Nigeria?

When bigots come here to rationalize evil and psychotic things it makes me SICK.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
If Nigeria's main issue with Biafra was the SS, why didn't they let the core SE region go after the relevant SS regions were captured during the war?
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nairaland is populated by evil people. EVIL, WICKED sociopaths.

I cannot believe that deaths of scores of Igbos are rationalized in such a sadistic manner.

Only an evil and demonic country such as Nigeria will do this.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
I've given up trying to reason with people who insist the Jan 66 coup was all about imposing Igbo power on Nigeria.

I think holding on to that interpretation of events helps people to rationalize the senseless progroms that came afterward.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Radoillo: I've given up trying to reason with people who insist the Jan 66 coup was all about imposing Igbo power on Nigeria.

I think holding on to that interpretation of events helps people to rationalize the senseless progroms that came afterward.

Even if the coup was about imposing igbo power (which it wasn't) why didn't issues end there when military generals were killed in response?

Why take it out on thousands of innocent men, women, children?

I read the Hausa war chants about killing Igbo men and boys and raping their women.

These people are SICK.

Africa has always been a savage hellhole. Non-Blacks are not racist to us for nothing!
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by AnOlderAmerican(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
And the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, USA nuked Japsnese cities in retaliation, Nazi Germany gassed 6 million Holocaust victims, Nigerian and Ghanian Kings sold captive slaves from the interior to westward bound European ships, man has dominated man to his own injury since Cain killed Abel; I will not allow your hatred, envy, fear, and inferior complex poison my heart and mind regarding the IGBOS.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by AnOlderAmerican(m): 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
SATAN is the GOD and RULER of THIS WORLD, he has the power as 1 John 5: 19 shows. He gives it to whom he desires as evident in his offer when tempting Christ, he is CHAOS, WAR, DARKNESS, and DEATH. Blame him, not the IGBOS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
AnOlderAmerican: And the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, USA nuked Japsnese cities in retaliation, Nazi Germany gassed 6 million Holocaust victims, Nigerian and Ghanian Kings sold captive slaves from the interior to westward bound European ships, man has dominated man to his own injury since Cain killed Abel; I will not allow your hatred, envy, fear, and inferior complex poison my heart and mind regarding the IGBOS.

All I did was lay out history and give you some context. What you choose to think about the Igbo is up to you, and none of my concern.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
Karioseki, your posts are full of massive lies. You are awfully twisting history to put Igbo in bad light just to suit you or to probably win Anoldeamerican over.

I've gone through your posts and almost all your comments on nairaland are always anti-Igbo. Do you ever contribute anything meaningful on this forum other than anti-Igbo comments?

You claim to know politics and Nigeria's history but clearly you don't.

Igbos never declared any war. Nigeria launched war and attack on Biafra(Igbo, Ibibio) instead. Are we all so dumb to believe that? You think you're talking to children or what?

The Biafran-Nigerian civil war story is documented all over the internet and you can't come out one day to twist the story. In all your vainglorious write up, you forgot to include the 1966 pogrom of the Igbos in the North where northerners(hausas and fulanis) murdered several thousands of Igbo and Ibibio people. So that one isn't worth mentioning right?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
@Anolderamerican

The Igbo people approached education a bit later than their western counterparts and within 1930 to 1950 the Igbo people covered the gap and were in so many federal and state positions in government then by virtue of merit. In the military, most of the major officers were of Igbo extraction. In civil service Igbo people were to be found everywhere. Other tribes didn't like this. Especially in the north. From 1960, after Nigeria's independence, there started a slow but steady resentment against the ubiquitous Igbo presence in the North.

Meanwhile at the Federal level, several coups were taking place. A coup would be carried out and successfully done and the perpetrators would reign for some time only to be overthrown by another coup and a new military government will take over, as is common with military governments. Major Nzeogwu, an officer of Igbo extraction, and his group together with a few non-Igbo officers successfully carried out a coup and toppled the previous government ruled by people of Northern extraction. The coup was described as an 'Igbo coup' because it was orchestrated mostly by Igbo majors. The people of the north didn't like this and this toppling of Government came at the same time anti-Igbo sentiments were beginning to rise in the North. The following few days, one could listen on TV and hear on Radio more and more hausa complaining about the 'Igbo problem' which was their massive presence everywhere in Nigeria and their penchant and aggressive quest for success - a tendency which other tribes saw as 'Igbo domination'. The Nzeogwu coup couldn't have come at a better time and was the major catalyst that sparked off the 1966 pogrom of the easterners(Igbo,Ibibio,Ijaw etc) living in the north. Few days after the successful 'Igbo' coup, northerners took to the streets to kill of all easterners in their land in retaliation for their loss at the government. Over 30,000 Igbo were killed. Those alive fled the north back to the east.

All over Nigeria the Igbo people who were found everywhere were no longer welcome all over the country. Anti-Igbo sentiments were beginning to spread. The Igbo people saw they were no longer wanted in Nigeria and fled back home and in 1967 Ojukwu officially declared the seccession of eastern Nigeria(which included Igbo, Ibibio, Ijaw and the small tribes of Rivers state) in the University of Nigeria(now Biafra) at Nsukka through Radio Biafra. Because the bulk of the oil wells of Nigeria were located in eastern Nigeria or Biafran land, the other portion of Nigeria wouldn't have Biafra break away from them and few days later Nigeria launched war unexpectedly on Biafra in a bid to reclaim Biafra. At that time there were no major military base or store of weapons in eastern Nigeria as most of them had been situated in the North thus leaving Nigerian soldiers armed with sophisticated artilerry, arms and ammunitions while Biafran soldiers, on the other hand, fought back with locally made bombs(called Ogbunigwe in Igbo), guns, matchetes and knives. Clearly, Biafra was not prepared for the war that was to come. The Chemical Engineering department of University of Nigeria(Biafra) was a major source of production of the locally made bombs and other ammunitions which the Biafran soldiers fought with. The bombs proved to be quite very effective killing as many enemy targets as possible, much to the surprise of Nigerian soldiers who made it alive who wondered at the marvel of this local technology. This is why the chemical engineering department of UNN was shut down after the Civil war and has remained closed ever since.

With their unsophisticated weapons and ammunitions, Biafran soldiers were able to sustain the war effectively for 3 years, between 1967 and 1970 - a period during which over 3 million Igbos were slaughtered like animals, especially women and children.

In 1970, Biafra capitulated through the announcement of the second-in-command Mr. Effiong of Ibibio extraction and Mr. Ojukwu went on exile to another West African country to escape being arrested as a traitor and sent to jail. Other minor tribes such as the Ibibio, Efik, Kalabari, all fought for Biafra. The details of the civil war is too long to be typed here. You can read more of it online on wikipedia or other sources.

What Karioseki described up there was totally made up and fake. That is not the history of the events that transpired and led to the Nigerian-Biafran civil war.

After the civil war, eastern Nigeria was totally devastated, destroyed and left in ruins. The aftermath of the civil war was poverty in the east. Worst of all, Awolowo ordered that Banks should pay the Igbo people who had huge savings before the civil war £10 only, irrespective of whatever amount he/sshe had saved. This was an effort to strap Igbos of finances and further impoverish them.

But the Igbo were to not take it. Being a hardworking, perseverant, strong, forgiving, business like people with a natural talent and penchant for success and wealth acquisition, the Igbo people began to work their way back into the mainstream of Nigerian life at Federal, state, public and private levels. Within a space of 43 years(1970 to 2013), the Igbo people bounced back this time even being more succesful than before such that they are leading in almost all fields of ramifications in Nigeria. They are back again into almost every field and sector of the Nigerian society and economy. They are one of the most successful tribes, if not already the most successful, in Nigeria and West Africa.

Take a tour round Igboland(south east and parts of south south) and you won't discover any sign to indicate that it was a formerly devastated and poverty ravished zone. The Igbo people have transformed themselves from holders of just £10 to major stakeholders and controllers of Nigeria's economy and finances. The Central Bank of Nigeria indicated earlier this year that over 90% of daily cash transactions occur in two Igbo states out of 5 states mentioned. Another Igbo state, Anambra state, has the lowest poverty rating in the whole of Nigeria. In Abuja, Nigeria's capital, 73% of all landed properties(real estate) are owned by Igbos. In Lagos, Igbo people make up 45% of the voting population. Anywhere you go to in Nigeria, Africa or worldwide you're very likely to meet an Igbo man working hard and making a living for himself. All these massive transformation took place purely on the physical efforts and hardwork of the Igbo people who come from a culture that encourages healthy competition and success and wherever you find people competing to outdo the other, what is the end result? General growth and development of the whole tribe.

Despite the massive positive sides about the Igbo, there are still the few bad eggs who give the Igbo people a bad name. However, no one tribe or nation is left without blemishes.

I believe I have given you an insight into the Igbo situation in Nigeria and why you see all the massive Igbo sentiments going on. The Igbo man views life as one where he came to work hard and succeed in. Other view his actions as act of domination or trying to dominate others. Despite all the hatred, injustice(Igboland is the only area in Nigeria with only 5 states while other zones have 6 states equally. A motion was started to give the Igbos a 6th state and the move was thrashed out in the National Assembly. One Northern Governor even suggested that the current 5 Igbo states be merged into 2 states only!), and sentiments going on, the Igbo race has kept on progressing steadily catching up with other regions and overtaking some.

The Igbo people currently are the controllers of Nigeria's informal economy sector. In education, they are also leading. JAMB(the Nation's main tertiary education institution) statistics for the last 5 years has currently placed 3 Igbo states(Imo, Anambra and Abia) as among the top 5 states in Nigeria with the highest number of college applicants. On that list Imo state has consistently maintained first place in the last 5 to 8 years with over 100,000 applicants from that state alone. Past winners of beauty contests of Nigeria(Mr and Ms) have been coming mostly from south east(Igbo) and south south(Igbo, Ijaw, Ibibio, Urhobo, Efik).

Plus several other achievement too numerous to mention.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
AnOlderAmerican: SATAN is the GOD and RULER of THIS WORLD, he has the power as 1 John 5: 19 shows. He gives it to whom he desires as evident in his offer when tempting Christ, he is CHAOS, WAR, DARKNESS, and DEATH. Blame him, not the IGBOS.

Even If Satan did not exist Igbos are blameless in Nigeria's dark, shameful history.

Who said no one had ill feelings towards Igbos prior to the 1966 coup? The killings of thousands of innocent civilians on top of what was violently orchestrated at the elite level (coup and revenge coup) shows that ill feelings ran deep for very long.

@anolderAmerican don't for one second believe that innocent women, children deserve to die even after revenge for a mistaken assumption over a coup.

Devilish lies!
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by AnOlderAmerican(m): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
Well Kairosek77 it is as plain as the nose on one's face what you have chosen to do with your 'misaligned', 'biased' take on Igbo history...bash Igbos. Did an Igbo sleep with your mother?
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
@AnOlderAmerican

With all the negative things sick people write about the Igbo here on nairaland, one would expect the Igbo people to be one set of unimaginable wicked, useless, disgusting people. Yet people who know them in real life all say the opposite. Its only in Nigeria where Igbos are hated with much passion and are seen in bad light. Other nationalites, AAs etc all have good things to say about the Igbo. Some have made their admissions here on nairaland.

I'm happy that you've known and related well with the Igbo people over these years to know them very well. At least you know that what these sick people describe here about the Igbo are all made-up and fake.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
nnenna.1:
The so-called Igbo coup was also foiled by the same Igbos.

When Igbo military heads and elite were killed in retaliation, why didn't it end there?

Why orchestrate a pogrom wasting thousands of civilian lives, causing a generalized unsafe environment for Igbos all around regions outside the SE that was just as good as telling them that they are no longer wanted in Nigeria?

When bigots come here to rationalize evil and psychotic things it makes me SICK.

Evil, sure. Killing innocent people is always bad.

Psychotic, no! Every action has a reaction. Murder begets murder. Pain begets pain.

Murdering pregnant woman, innocent children, and honorable men can do nothing but bring retaliation. That is an unfortunate fact of human nature. If I believed in such things, I would say that coup brought a curse upon our entire nation.

At that point in history, Africa was at a turning point. Freedom was sweeping the WORLD. WWII had weakened the old colonial empires to their breaking point, and countless colonized people's were once again living free.

Freedom came to Nigeria. An Igbo man was elected president by ALL Nigerians. That President was on an official trip to the West Indies to parlay with other newly free black nations. AA's were fighting for civil rights. The possibilities for Africa and Nigeria were ENDLESS. Then, tragically, common human greed snuffed out any chance we had. All of our good karma was wiped away with the murder of that pregnant woman and all the others who died in the coup. It led to war, genocide, bloodshed, decades of military rule, and millions of people have suffered because of it.

It is not my fault that Igbos caused all these. But I would APPRECIATE it if you stopped blaming other Nigerians for your misfortune. You should take responsibility for the part you played.

The overturning of a democracy that had been fought for for hundreds of years was tragic. Our people were stolen and made slaves, our ancestors were subjugated and made servants, and we were FINALLY free.

Please tell us why apartheid South Africa and Rhodesia, why colonial France and Portugal, supported your treacherous republic.

When you answer that question, you will know the truth of the harm that was done that day.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
AnOlderAmerican: Well Kairosek77 it is as plain as the nose on one's face what you have chosen to do with your 'misaligned', 'biased' take on Igbo history...bash Igbos. Did an Igbo sleep with your mother?

His intention was to sugercoat the Nigerian Biafran war story and twist the story in an attempt to put the Igbo in bad light to make you hate the Igbo like him thus drawing you down to his low level where hatred and scorn reigns.

Was he thinking we are unenlightened, or gullible people or what? To believe his fake made up story? I was thinking the guy is intelligent but he has proved me wrong.

You see the extent people of his type would go just to bash the Igbo? This is what they keep doing everytime. While the Igbo are busy working hard, making their money and achieving success, these people are here spreading lies and made-up history and dwelling in antagonism, hatred and sentiments all in their bid to bring Igbos down.

An Igbo man, John Olumba, is currently running for the position of the mayor of Detroit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
AnOlderAmerican: Well Kairosek77 it is as plain as the nose on one's face what you have chosen to do with your 'misaligned', 'biased' take on Igbo history...bash Igbos. Did an Igbo sleep with your mother?

I don't have time to be biased. I hate weakness.

Ranting about being a victim without taking any responsibility is a cowards way of looking at the world. Thinking that you had no control over what happened to you, and that it was ALL SOMEONE ELSE's FAULT.

Nothing I said was even remotely sick. If history is sick, take it up with the people responsible. History is often sad and bloody.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
bigfrancis21:

His intention was to sugercoat the Nigerian Biafran war story and twist the story in an attempt to put the Igbo in bad light to make you hate the Igbo like him thus drawing you down to his low level where hatred and scorn reigns.

Was he thinking we are unenlightened, or gullible people or what? To believe his fake made up story? I was thinking the guy is intelligent but he has proved me wrong.

You see the extent people of his type would go just to bash the Igbo? This is what they keep doing everytime. While the Igbo are busy working hard, making their money and achieving success, these people are here spreading lies and made-up history and dwelling in antagonism, hatred and sentiments all in their bid to bring Igbos down.

An Igbo man, John Olumba, is currently running for the position of the mayor of Detroit.

Point out a million and one things I have done wrong, and I will own all of them.

I was taught that a man owns his actions and that cowards look away. It might have been old fashioned...

Nothing I said was a lie. Anyone can verify what I wrote. This is 2013. The truth is just a click away.

Don't shame your people, or yourself, by saying it was all lies. That is pathetic behavior.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kairoseki77 You are evil and sick.

You need help!

Military men commited a coup and were killed in retaliation. In addition to this innocent military officers were killed in revenge.

Instead of these killings to have died at the elite level, the masses took arms over Igbos who HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COUP. TENS OF THOUSANDS OF IGBO MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

AND YOU ARE SAYING THAT IT WAS JUSTIFIED?

YOU ARE AN EVIL MAN. YOU ARE SICK AND PSYCHOTIC.

Kairoseki77:

Evil, sure. Killing innocent people is always bad.

Psychotic, no! Every action has a reaction. Murder begets murder. Pain begets pain.

Murdering pregnant woman, innocent children, and honorable men can do nothing but bring retaliation. That is an unfortunate fact of human nature. If I believed in such things, I would say that coup brought a curse upon our entire nation.

At that point in history, Africa was at a turning point. Freedom was sweeping the WORLD. WWII had weakened the old colonial empires to their breaking point, and countless colonized people's were once again living free.

Freedom came to Nigeria. An Igbo man was elected president by ALL Nigerians. That President was on an official trip to the West Indies to parlay with other newly free black nations. AA's were fighting for civil rights. The possibilities for Africa and Nigeria were ENDLESS. Then, tragically, common human greed snuffed out any chance we had. All of our good karma was wiped away with the murder of that pregnant woman and all the others who died in the coup. It led to war, genocide, bloodshed, decades of military rule, and millions of people have suffered because of it.

It is not my fault that Igbos caused all these. But I would APPRECIATE it if you stopped blaming other Nigerians for your misfortune. You should take responsibility for the part you played.

The overturning of a democracy that had been fought for for hundreds of years was tragic. Our people were stolen and made slaves, our ancestors were subjugated and made servants, and we were FINALLY free.

Please tell us why apartheid South Africa and Rhodesia, why colonial France and Portugal, supported your treacherous republic.

When you answer that question, you will know the truth of the harm that was done that day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (59) (Reply)

Botha's Speech 1985 (a Must Read!) / Video Of Oluwo Of Iwo Rolling Weed Released By Chanel Chin, His Ex Wife / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.