Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active (3334 Views)

Nigerian Men And Women Are Sexually Frustrated And Lonely In America And Canada / 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men / Why Do Sexually Active Girls Lose Respect For Elders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by BigCabal: 5:54pm On Mar 17, 2021
Imagine your parents finding out you are having sex. How would they react? I asked 7 Nigerian women about how their parents found out they were sexually active. Here’s what they had to say.

Lexi, 22
I was 19. I came home from university for holiday. One morning, I was preparing to head to the place I was interning at when my mom offered to drive me. In the car, she said, “When did you start having sex? I saw your messages.” My heart dropped to my stomach because I could not deny it, and I couldn’t confront the breach of privacy.

I owned up to it but she still forced me to tell my father and he reacted irrationally. They made me break up with my lover. Both of them refused to look me in the eye for the rest of my holiday. Eventually, they moved on and we’re on good terms now.

Grace, 24
I was 18. My mum was snooping in my stuff at 3 a.m. when she found a negative pregnancy test in my bag. She woke me up and held it in my face until my half-asleep brain realized what was happening. LMAO.

I just started apologizing. She was quiet, so I went back to bed. The next morning, she was still obviously upset but we talked about it and she offered to get me birth control because I was careless if I was taking pregnancy tests. We’ve never talked about it since then.

Carol, 23
My parents found out that I was sexually active when I was 17. I came home for a short Easter break from school. I was a bit weak but it wasn’t anything serious. My parents took me to the hospital for tests. I assumed it was a routine check-up.

A week later, I was ready to go back to school after the break. On the ride to the park, my mum brought out the test result. She presented it to me and asked if I have been having sex. Before I could even respond, she said, “Don’t even bother lying. The only way you can have this infection is through sex.” I had to say yes.

My father was disappointed. His problem was that my husband will not marry me as a virgin. My mum kept asking why I didn’t wait till I was 18. She even asked if I was raped. I told her it was consensual. My father called me loose. He asked me how many guys I had slept with. He thought it was after I left his house for university. Meanwhile, it was right after secondary school. It was the longest car ride of my life. They stopped letting me go out. It was a traumatizing experience. I never got their trust back, and I’ve stopped trying.

Continue: https://www.zikoko.com/her/7-nigerian-women-on-how-their-parents-found-out-they-are-sexually-active/
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by meobizy(f): 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2021
Concocted lies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by AngelicDamsel(f): 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2021
Amaka: They found out when I stood and urinated and it came out like tap. How did my mother think that she could know this through urine.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by Liposure: 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
Body no firewood
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2021
AngelicDamsel:
Amaka: They found out when I stood and urinated and it came out like tap. How did my mother think that she could know this through urine.

it came out like tap? you have a wide kpekus then!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by punisha: 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2021
this blogger must be new to Naira land....

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by aristocratic5(m): 12:32am On Mar 18, 2021
meobizy:
Concocted lies.
Chai....Laff wan kill me die
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by Estiluv4u(f): 12:35am On Mar 18, 2021
Donno if they already ......
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 18, 2021
The sexual intercourse age dropped uniquely... From 19 to 17. Mostly from affluent families. The first three were boarders and mostly had something to do with a car ride.

Op, dig the ghetto that's where the sales lie
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 18, 2021
AngelicDamsel:

Those petals look virginly solid...

That's the only thing I saw
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by femi4: 5:46am On Mar 18, 2021
AngelicDamsel:

Amaka no dey disappoint

Nice jugs
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by ISISs(m): 6:07am On Mar 18, 2021
AngelicDamsel:

cheesy grin
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by Oturatetuala(m): 7:40am On Mar 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by Reex12(m): 8:04am On Mar 18, 2021
AngelicDamsel:

have we met before
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On How Their Parents Found Out They Are Sexually Active by engrtee(f): 8:10am On Mar 18, 2021
If she did not threatened you with pistle and mortal , she ain't African

(1) (Reply)

It Is Not By Force/i Don't Like What Just Happened. / He Can’t Marry Me Because Of My Tribe After Dating For 5years. People Are Evil / Why Are Men Afraid Of Sleeping At A Woman’s House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.