Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (68722 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by milann: 12:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
tegafej:
What if you get married and don't have kids immediately.

More like a legally recognized dating?
it is not my portion. I bind it in the name of jesus amen
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by milann: 12:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
na2016:

You need money in marriage. In fact the more you stay with a lady, that thing called love, dies completely. It is actually the friendship that you have built with her and being able to provide for the home (money) that sustains the marriage.
god will bless you abundantly. I'm saving this in my ROM

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by milann: 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
wirinet:

They can never understand, no matter how much you educate them.

Poverty is a state of mind rather than a state of physical or material being. You are poor only if you believe and and accept you are poor. A rich mind creates opportunities and wealth out of very few resources, while a poor mind creates nothing inspite of excess resources at his/her disposal. This is why Nigeria and Nigerians are poor.

Marriage should be a combination of rich minds to create more wealth and not an avenue for one partner to covet the riches of the other.
you are beginning to sound like a motivational speaker

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by MummyD2020(f): 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
wirinet:

Then the marriage was never build on love but on lure.
I married by wife based on the commitment and love she showed right from beginning. She has her faults but materialism is not one of them. I believe materialism beclouds relationships and friendships. When I became broke all my friends and family ran away. I was alone with only my wife and my mother who was in the UK then. Today, I have no friends. I go to my office and just come home to my family.

When money dey, friends go dey, when money no dey, friends go go.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by yetunsbay(m): 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
MummyD2020:

There is no pressure in marriage. The person u mock that got married at 45 may end up having all it takes to run a happy home. It's not a taboo. There is no competition. The guy might end up being the fertile one and able to fund the wife to give birth in better countries. thereby securing the future of the kids. All these notions of marrying early should just stop. But if it happens, fine and good. Everyone have their own timing
No be everybody fit reach dangote level. So it should not be d only basis for marriage.
k
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by ImaIma1(f): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
Electrochemistry:
Everybody has their best time There is no fixed age that people must tie the knot.

Exactly!

Because these same points by the op can be a disadvantage.

Some people marry early and get bored and later they look for something new.

Some marry early and are too immature to handle the marriage and they grow apart or divorce.

A lady could marry early and start having kids while going to school. It could affect her grades and performance.

Some couples that married very early don't end up having children till they are in their 40s. There are no assurances.

Marrying early is good but not a guarantee for the best marriage.

2 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Divine202: 1:23pm On Mar 23, 2021
There's other side of the coin too op
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by yesloaded: 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
MummyD2020:

What evil has the 60 years old man committed when his child is not up to 20? Oh, he can even give birth sef. What about those that cant father a child? Nna make una grow up with this mentality biko. Everyone is different. Times and seasons differ with people. Igbo adage says' whenever one wakes up it is one's morning '. I'm not encouraging being a laid back, but everyone cant get it right early.
You failed to comprehend my message

Read again & comes back to edit your attack
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Miralex1954: 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2021
GloryGlory01:

You called this "crap". Please my friend, how much money do you think can satisfy a woman. You are a learner.
my friend don't forget dat at 20 or 25 some of dat age are still in school let alone working so ur advice for dem is get married at dat age for a family is better but for male is not advisable at all
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by piagetskinner(m): 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
Truth be told it’s better to marry early o...

Imagine at age 60 your kids are just in secondary school when you should be a grand parent
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Raalsalghul: 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
Thrash!

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by descarado: 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
To each his tent
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Commotfornigeri: 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
Etuagievin:
. That's when you always try to compare yourself with others. Certainty not everything your mates does you will love to do. Otherwise, you may fall into deep mess

It's not necessarily competition.

When in school, do things right and graduate.

when people are figuring out jobs/business, do the same and go hard at it.

If you slack and say you want to rest, there is time, you may lose out.

After nysc, i rented a house and started my life. My friends who went to their parents house had it tougher because they were relaxed applying for jobs from home.

I had it tougher at first, but then I started to earn 20k, then 35, then 50, then 65 and it blew off.

They didnt consideer the 20k potential, and till now, most are struggling.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
gbami:

Let me guess.. you are not married.
When you get married and he can't provide make sure you remember me.
Guys listen. From a married man. Marriage no be fantasy island o. It is reality. Nobody expects your wife to contribute a penny in marriage unlike relationship. You go get High BP if you can't provide basic stuff for your family. Reality is different from "20 ways to make marriage work" written by one single woman.
If you can't provide basic for yourself and another person...no marry. Guys, Stand up, Draw your ears..Repeat after me.. "If I no fit provide basics for myself and another person, marriage motivators leave me". You can now sit down guys.

Sidenote. I have checked " My Mentions". A lot of the people that said they married poor are not being fair to you.
Providing Basics is quite different from poverty.
Basics.. Shelter ( even if na face me, I face).
Clothes..Even if it is bend down select( okirika)
Food..Even if is drinking garri.
Those are the BASICS I am talking about.
Not I married poor now I am rich. Your wife live for street?

Curse Of Ham, The Greatest Lie Ever Told.
https://africhistory.com/curse-of-ham-the-greatest-lie-ever-told/

All those basics wey you mention self no go well. Which one be Garri?

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by gbami(m): 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

All those basics wey you mention self no go well. Which one be Garri?
The Least..make I no mention fried rice and shikin( chicken)
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Toearn: 3:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
only benefit is increase in abject poverty if you are poor
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Liposure: 3:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
ImaIma1:

Exactly!

Because these same points by the op can be a disadvantage.

Some people marry early and get bored and later they look for something new.

Some marry early and are too immature to handle the marriage and they grow apart or divorce.

A lady could marry early and start having kids while going to school. It could affect her grades and performance.

Some couples that married very early don't end up having children till they are in their 40s. There are no assurances.

Marrying early is good but not a guarantee for the best marriage.
hmmm..this is deep
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by QueenVaji: 3:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
MummyD2020:

What evil has the 60 years old man committed when his child is not up to 20? Oh, he can even give birth sef. What about those that cant father a child? Nna make una grow up with this mentality biko. Everyone is different. Times and seasons differ with people. Igbo adage says' whenever one wakes up it is one's morning '. I'm not encouraging being a laid back, but everyone cant get it right early.

yesloaded:

You failed to comprehend my message

Read again & comes back to edit your attack

i think ur the one who failed blatantly to comprehend his reply...there is really nothing wrong with any man who decides to raise children at 60..its not ur problem but his

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
gbami:

The Least..make I no mention fried rice and shikin( chicken)

At least mention better thing nah. Na Garri you nd your family want dey drink? Face me I face you self wrong! Guy! If you can't afford a comfortable apartment and a steady income, disembark from marriage just enjoy your bachelor hood in peace or knack one girk make she born give you. Better be a male chikd

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Mecka: 4:02pm On Mar 23, 2021
bukatyne:

Mbok, he should add 'in his family/culture/tribe/state's etc.
i know you as an advocate of early marriage. What do you have to say. I want to learn from you.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by wirinet(m): 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
milann:
you are beginning to sound like a motivational speaker

I am not a motivational speaker. I am just a truth seeker. I hate lies, hypocrisy and dishonesty.

I believe that if you acquire skills/knowledge, are hardworking and not afraid to take risks (calculated). You will make it anywhere.

The problem is that most Nigerians are lazy (mentally). They want easy cash and give up at the first signs of failure. They waste all their time praying for breakthroughs and unmerited favours instead of investing their time and energy acquiring new skills. There are so much needs out there and very little people to fulfil these needs. My wife read marketing at ND levels. I encouraged her to acquire a skill instead of job hunting. After a full year of catering school, she now makes more more money than anyone could pay her.

I am saying all these to push young guys to acquire new skills and stop complaining about no job after graduating university.

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by yesloaded: 4:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
QueenVaji:

i think ur the one who failed blatantly to comprehend his reply...there is really nothing wrong with any man who decides to raise children at 60..its not ur problem but his

I c
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by QueenVaji: 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2021
wirinet:

I am not a motivational speaker. I am just a truth seeker. I hate lies, hypocrisy and dishonesty.

I believe that if you acquire skills/knowledge, are hardworking and not afraid to take risks (calculated). You will make it anywhere.

The problem is that most Nigerians are lazy (mentally). They want easy cash and give up at the first signs of failure. They waste all their time praying for breakthroughs and unmerited favours instead of investing their time and energy acquiring new skills. There are so much needs out there and very little people to fulfil these needs. My wife read marketing at ND levels. I encouraged her to acquire a skill instead of job hunting. After a full year of catering school, she now makes more more money than anyone could pay her.

I am saying all these to push young guys to acquire new skills and stop complaining about no job after graduating university.

Abeg shut up...your a stark illiterate
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Rubbiish(m): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
wirinet:

[s]I am not a motivational speaker. I am just a truth seeker. I hate lies, hypocrisy and dishonesty.

I am saying all these to push young guys to acquire new skills and stop complaining about no job after graduating university[/s].
All your comments on this thread are very senseless & unrealistic to be honest! Na your type dey mislead young people!
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by banmee(m): 12:33am On Mar 24, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

My oga. Where you enter nah. You scarce pass common sense in Nigeria

Omo how now? Remember say I tell you say I de do wan course. The tin just de stress me like crazy. Dem wan turn me into teacher oooo. How your family? Hope all is good.

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by KBARBIE(f): 2:20am On Mar 24, 2021
Make una remember to dey spice am up Sha. Ehen your mouth watering cassava flour ( PUPURU) is now available, directly from IKALE ONDO STATE. Holla @ me for yours 08174269585.

Location Lagos
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Jaqenhghar: 4:28am On Mar 24, 2021
banmee:

Omo how now? Remember say I tell you say I de do wan course. The tin just de stress me like crazy. Dem wan turn me into teacher oooo. How your family? Hope all is good.

I remember. Sorry bro. Hehehe. Being a teacher no bad sha. You have a lot to give I wish you could mentor some of our naija peeps
Family dey fine bro thabks. How is yours?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by lordally(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2021
Amen!! So many wise words from you!!!

franchasng:
God bless you sweetheart.

Tell them.

As a married man, I know how much I spend monthly on family compared to when I was single. And this keeps me wondering how most Nigerian couple who are struggling financially cope, sometimes thinking about it makes me unnecessarily moody.

People should ignore the OP, I am sure he is not married.

Raising a family today is no longer a joke. Everything has been heavily monetized, so without adequate income, it's going to be hell for any couple.

I pray God help the single and struggling, it's not easy. God will strengthen all single guys working hard to escape poverty, it's a terrible battle, innocent kids shouldn't be dragged into it please cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by lordally(m): 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2021
Eddodoh:
It baffles me when I hear some people talk about marriage as if it's an award or some kind of achievement.

In my area, once u haven't gotten any child out of wedlock or officially married, they see u as an irresponsible person or that something is wrong with u. And, I begin to wonder what kind of mentality is that.

Na poverty-stricken mentality... No mind them
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
temmym4:
[b]There is no benefit of marrying young when you are poor oga, except for the fact that you will only swim deeper in poverty, worsestill you will bring innocent children into suffering and they will eventually curse you later on.

Why should you even think of marriage when you cant even feed your own mouth for a day? Later now you will say women dey curse una.

This is one good reason why poverty keep spreading across the country. Plan your life first before thinking of bringing another man's daughter and innocent children to suffer

To all those youngsters aspiring to get married, i beg you, plan your life first, then make a good reliable source of income. If u let some motivational quote decieve you, my brother, you will suffer seriously o, hunger go wire you, your mouth will be as long as that of a Kiwi bird. Your wife will insult you and your children will see you as bn use.less later on. You might be forced to join crime and you know what happens when they are caught. This is reality my brothers and sisters.

OP. Oooin, you are not doing well. [/b]
having kids is an obligation. You are not mandated to have kids.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by temmym4(m): 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Henrymorre:
having kids is an obligation. You are not mandated to have kids.

That's none of my business bro. Anybody can choose whatever they want in their marriage.

My Point. Dont get married if u cant feed your own mouth talkless of another man's daughter/making a family. Stop spreading poverty and constituting nuis.ancy everywhere. We can make the world a better place walahi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by yazzman(m): 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
lawrenzooo:
I guess life is all about having grown up kids when you are 50
marrying young is still the legacy for me...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Wife Denies Me Sex Always / When Cheating Husband Forgets His Phone Near Wife While Having Bathe(pictures) / A Lady Has Cried Out That She Can't Get A Man Because Of Her Nose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.