Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) (43462 Views)

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Muslim & Christian Groups Disagree Over Peace Move / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2021
Majesty33:
Lies, he never fabricated anything, u are the hypocrite here cos u know that these things happens in mosques across the nation especially in the north and u are pretending that it never happened.
Alfas even rape the young girls as punishment

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 9:05am On Mar 19, 2021
What should Muslims minority in Christian states say?

Maybe you haven't realised this common sense. It is not fair, it is not right, minorities always feel threatened. It isn't about religion.

Instead of us to work together and solve this madness befote it depends into complete chaos. You want to fuel it. E go on sir!

sulaak:

Christian are afraid that they will lose the most important institutions in their communities, they are a minority in a majority Muslim state and the only institutions that they have are their schools, that guarantee their values and ideology to their children are maintain, they now see those schools being taken over by over by stealth.

It is starting with the Hijab, but we know where this is going. Just look at education in Northern Nigeria.

I live in the UK and if you want to go to a faith based school, you have to be a member of their Church, Mosque or Synagogue, all schools are state funded and are charities (they don't pay tax)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:05am On Mar 19, 2021
The fact here remains unchanged

"(c ) Religious orientation and practices in the schools remain generally undisturbed." and WHY NOW

THANKS

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by FairlyUSEDpussy: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2021
Remove Muslims from the world.............and see Paradise on earth............

Very somehow people people sha.............I don't blame dem slave descendants Ooo.............nah Abraham and Sarah wey dey foolish...........

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by nameo: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2021
thaqib:
Nobody has provided a legal argument against the government in this matter, only sentiments and biased opinions

I don't understand how a school still owned by the founders have their staff on the payroll of government

That aside, how does what one put on his/her head or buttock affect his or her learning
Besides, the government has consistently emphasized it is not enforcing the hijab on anybody. They can't even do that anyway, not even on Muslims!
All they have said was "if u wish to use it, no problem"
Muslims who wear hijab and Christian relate with each other in the university and workplaces everyday. Has it threatened our corporate existence?
Why can't the same happen in our secondary schools in an atmosphere of love?

We only need to respect our individual preferences, be it religious or otherwise provided such doesn't encroach on tm other people's rights. That's all

Anything outside this is religious intolerance and bigotry!

U can argue against my opinion, but perhaps u shouldn't insult

If the schools are actually Mission(in this case, Christain) schools as argued by the OP, then the owners have the right to determine the religious template they would use to admit and administer their school. Ditto, Islamic schools. That is why those kinda schools are formed in the 1st place. And that right is Fundamental. You yourself said we should respect other person's Religious preferences. Kindly take your own advice here: those christain schools have a right to determine the religious template of their own schools. And that should not even be a debate. After all, it would be absurd to support a christain boy who insists on taking the Bible and rosary to an Islamiyyah school every day. If you wanna be fair, then be fair all the way.

However, if the schools are public or even private(secular), then the Fundamental right of the Muslim girl to self identify her religious beliefs lead i.e girls must be allowed to wear hijabs if they so choose.

Except you disagree with the above, the crux of the matter is whether the 11 schools in question are public or still Mission schools(even tho "aid-granted" ). This is what is to be determined.

Personally, i dont know why hijab should be such an issue. If i had a school, I will even encourage those Muslim girls who chose to wear it, to do so. But then again, i would likely not open a Mission school(I am a Christain by the way)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 9:06am On Mar 19, 2021
The public school is turn to rubbish, even the university.
Bc they dont employ qualify Christian teachers even if they are yoruba.

Public school were taken over by them, b4 Christian focused on their mission school.

Such oppression came to Africa by Europeans and Arab.

They shud ve left us to follow de path of our ancestors.

Divisions came during all this invasions from the north.
Since then, peace has become unachievable.

Africa Arise.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by livinbygrace: 9:07am On Mar 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Continue fooling yourself till your eyes got open. You were never a Muslim. A sensible person must understand that you just fabricated the rubbish post above.

He is right ,i also experienced same thing .I used to attend Quaranic class but ran for my life when the beating was too much from those Alfa.Thats why many people are converting to christianity

5 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 19, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

This is just pure bigotry and I am shocked the mods allowed it.
I grew up attending mosque even as a Christian with Muslim relatives. Some clerics instilling discipline does not mean that Islam faithfuls are barbaric. If you claim to now be a 'Christian ' yet with this level of bigotry, trust me, you are not yet a Christian.
There's nothing Christianity in this your bigotry. Ha! You need to really apologise to God and man. Not fair at all. For latest freestuffs in Nigeria, please visit www.freestuffsng.com
Yes Mr AbdulTaqiya, no one is proud of been Muslim online again

I guess the best values of Islam are the ones exhibited by Boko Haram, bandits and fulani herdsmen

Allow who hark GBOOOOOOOOOMMMMM

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by sulaak(m): 9:07am On Mar 19, 2021
thaqib:
Nobody has provided a legal argument against the government in this matter, only sentiments and biased opinions

I don't understand how a school still owned by the founders have their staff on the payroll of government

That aside, how does what one put on his/her head or buttock affect his or her learning
Besides, the government has consistently emphasized it is not enforcing the hijab on anybody. They can't even do that anyway, not even on Muslims!
Muslims who wear hijab and Christian relate with each other in the university and workplaces everyday. Has it threatened our corporate existence?

We only need to respect our individual preferences, be it religious or otherwise provided such doesn't encroach on tm other people's rights. That's all

You send your Children to learn.

Why not abide by their rules and value, get a good education and practice your faith at home. Intolerance goes both ways, the majority Muslims can start by respecting the concerns of the minority.

The golden age of Islam in the 10th century Spain and Iraq respected the right of the minority Christian and Jews.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by sulaak(m): 9:09am On Mar 19, 2021
thaqib:

You send your Children to learn.

Why not abide by their rules and value, get a good education and practice your faith at home. Intolerance goes both ways, the majority Muslims can start by respecting the concerns of the minority.

The golden age of Islam in the 10th century Spain and Iraq respected the right of the minority Christian and Jews.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Bishop(m): 9:09am On Mar 19, 2021
Sirjamo:
1. This was just a speach by the military governor, not the law enacted to change the status of the schools.

2. The speech was delivered in 1972 not 74. I assume ( Not sure) the last time schools status were changed was 1974.

3. If these conditions were still relevant and backed by the law, where did the high court and appeal court get the legal backing to rule in favor of hijab?

4. Why are Christians afraid of hijab in a predominantly Yoruba state like Kwara?

There's no basis for any Christian to condemn hijab in Kwara state due to the following reasons:

a. Kwara and all Yoruba States has no record of hijab wearing suicide bomber.

b. Hijab is not new to Christianity. Catholic sisters wear something very similar.

c. Hijab depicts morality, is Christianity no longer a moral religion?

d. Hijab is optional even to the Muslims, no one is forcing the Christians to wear it.

I AM DONE TALKING

Why would Christians be afraid of Hijab, as a Muslim would you have accepted if a Christian come to your mosque and take it over.

Christians are even more tolerant they give you their church so that you can pray but you want to take it over and you expect them to keep shut

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Mccullum: 9:11am On Mar 19, 2021
OKOATA:
angry
I used to be a Muslim while growing up, me and my younger brother then will go to the mosque to learn Arabic, the clerics then will beat you for any little thing, they never treat you with love but cain always. The last time I stopped going to that evil mosque was the day one of those evil cleric hit me so hard on my face with his rosery that it broke and I had a swollen face. We became a christian a while after then and have known peace, most Islamic people are too babaric, callous and mean. I just don't like that religion at all. They just like fight and making trouble always. I still have Muslims friends though.

It's better for you to ignore your muslim friends,
Nothing make sense on your write up,
Go and convert your LIKES to money, rubbish
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by RALPHOW(m): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2021
He knew they can not win in the supreme Court.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by dangotesmummy: 9:11am On Mar 19, 2021
blizard44:
Quite eye-opening.

Maybe this domineering thing ain't only about Fulani after all. More like an Islamic thing.

The agreements clearly show the Muslims are the troublemakers here.
is it today you know that Muslims are overbearing and domineering.if you want peace of mind just Keep them at bay and keep your relationship with good morning and good night otherwise them fit kidnap or kill you say you no wear hijab when passing by
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2021
Once upon a time in Catholicism

Mikecold:
Alfas even rape the young girls as punishment
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 9:12am On Mar 19, 2021
Your Muslim friends will be proud. Omo ale!
OKOATA:
angry
I used to be a Muslim while growing up, me and my younger brother then will go to the mosque to learn Arabic, the clerics then will beat you for any little thing, they never treat you with love but cain always. The last time I stopped going to that evil mosque was the day one of those evil cleric hit me so hard on my face with his rosery that it broke and I had a swollen face. We became a christian a while after then and have known peace, most Islamic people are too babaric, callous and mean. I just don't like that religion at all. They just like fight and making trouble always. I still have Muslims friends though.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 19, 2021
livinbygrace:

He is right ,i also experienced same thing .I used to attend Quaranic class but ran for my life when the beating was too much from those Alfa.Thats why many people are converting to christianity
Now compare such treatment from peadophile clerics to the one where children are given sweet, biscuits, shown love, pampered during teaching

One who group up to be a no love Terrorist the other would grow up with value for life

Alfas even rape children as punishment and boldly tell their parents it's a punishment for Islamic deterrence

The parents can't make pem

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 19, 2021
Vl3ly:
do you want to hear my story also?
I was a good xtian before like 12yrs ago even I have converted 3 person in my nuclear and extended family even some are in madrasa(Islamic school)
And I pray before I reach 30yrs in Islam I would be counting 30 convertee

Clap for yourself.

In the same way that you told the former muslim, you were also never a Christian.

The thing about Christ, He offers you a choice. You either accept Him or reject Him. He won't be violent against you or threaten your livelihood, bully you or take over your property. He won't kill you for rejecting Him. But there will come a day of Reckoning.

6 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 9:17am On Mar 19, 2021
In public Muslim schools, the hijab isn't even mandatory on Muslim and Christians students.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 19, 2021
Sterope:
Once upon a time in Catholicism

The difference is the culprits are called out in catholism and shamed by the public because it is not a virtue exemplified by any biblical followers of Christ

But in Islam the Alfas are bold enough to challenge the parents of the victims, they claim allah gifts them that as punishment and Alfas can't be publicly shamed because shaming them means shaming Mohamed the peadophile pace setter

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Onelove508: 9:19am On Mar 19, 2021
"Religious orientation and practices in the schools remain generally undisturbed'
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 9:20am On Mar 19, 2021
Lmao. Pastors are called out too?

When were they called out? Before your western masters abandoned Christianity for Atheism or after?

You can't get under my skin. Before I quoted you, I knew you are a disturbed human being.

Mikecold:
The difference is the culprits are called out in catholism and shamed by the public because it is not a virtue exemplified by any biblical followers of Christ

But in Islam the Alfas are bold enough to challenge the parents of the victims, they claim allah gifts them that as punishment and Alfas can't be publicly shamed because shaming them means shaming Mohamed the peadophile pace setter
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Akanbee(m): 9:20am On Mar 19, 2021
Kudos to you,this will guide many people.
Many people feel, people from the other religion are behaving like this because the school is grant aided,no! It is sheer act of *** imprinted in there Gene .Isn't that what they are known for.
Pupils of Baptist Model High School, Ilorin founded by the same church ( privately owned & funded ) in the year 1993-1997 or thereabout would understand the meaning of marginalization. Islamic Religion Studies (IRS) was enforced in the School & some other mission schools in Kwara State. The schools rejected the idea & there was years of legal tussle before sanity returned,while the court case lingers IRK teachers were posted to the schools from the Kwara State Ministry of Education.
We wore mufti to school for more than 6 months & take our lessons inside the church auditorium when the school was closed for non-compliance with the directive of the 'governnent'.

They always have their way because of what Christianity stands for,but this time around they have bitten more than what they can chew. Mosques built in Christian mission schools,how many Islamic mission school allow chapel to be built. We are human first before being Christian or muslim.You claim yours is a religion of peace,let peace reign,Jesus' people let the light shine on. Afterall, these two religions are foreign,why we come carry am for head & ' come Sabi Osho pass Iya Osho'

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 19, 2021
Blankstare:

Oga from your story, your family where never rooted in Islam else you wouldn't have experienced bitterness like this...the rod na just steering, I have friends like you
........ Muslim is evil...take that religion away from this planet and people will enjoy peace they would never have imagined.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by luluman: 9:22am On Mar 19, 2021
Vl3ly:
U can win this finished battle with all that trash you call evidence
Even with evidence you still can't comprehend? Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Fahdiga(m): 9:23am On Mar 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Continue fooling yourself till your eyes got open. You were never a Muslim. A sensible person must understand that you just fabricated the rubbish post above.
Even if he fabricated it does it make any difference to what is obtainable in Islam

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by MASTERMIND04(m): 9:23am On Mar 19, 2021
These Muslims like trouble Sha. There many Muslim schools in Kwara state, their children should attend the schools na, must they attend Christian schools? Haba

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by luluman: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2021
Vl3ly:
do you want to hear my story also?
I was a good xtian before like 12yrs ago even I have converted 3 person in my nuclear and extended family even some are in madrasa(Islamic school)
And I pray before I reach 30yrs in Islam I would be counting 30 convertee
see this one, he made his point clear that there it was the violence that made him convert but your own has no focus you just waiting your data

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 19, 2021
Sterope:
Lmao. Pastors are called out too?

When were they called out? Before your western masters abandoned Christianity for Atheism or after?

You can't get under my skin. Before I quoted you, I knew you are a disturbed human being.

There is no other religion that is as free to criticize as christianity and you know that in your hypocritic heart

We all call out apostle suleiman, biodun fatoyinbo and banter them publicly here even when we haven't even proved anything yet

Even though all of the sexual allegations against suileman have been taken aback by the very acussers

I am not interested in your mental health crisis and who is getting under your skin or having you mentally disturbed

You were the one who quoted me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by JustforMen: 9:25am On Mar 19, 2021
thaqib:

I must say here that it is not necessarily about Hijab. It has to do with a larger issue of distrust due to the precedents of the past.
Why was the government interested in taking over missionary schools while leaving other private schools to operate freely? I tell you that policy under Murtala was suspicious and I have heard clerics applaud it as a move to curtail the spread of missionary schools since Christian organization own most of such schools.
Secondly, the government could simply review the policy of interfering with only missionary schools and run their own schools with their staff that are currently in the missionary schools.
We all agree that religion is high inflammable in Nigeria so I wonder why governments of dominant religious groups feel it okay to use the power of government to trump the rights of other groups.
The other question is that these schools have existed and operated for more than 30years now with Muslims enrolled in them without making a fuse about the uniforms. I am sure the folks that attended those schools are not less Muslim or less pious by adhering to the uniform requirements of such schools. so why is it suddenly a key requirement that muslim students must disregard the uniform requirements of such schools?
The key word here is uniform not religious garbs or apparels. so since the school wants its students of all religious backgrounds to be in 'UNIFORM' not in the way of any particular religion why is it now suddenly a big big issue? it does not sound discriminatory to me since everyone is equally required to adhere.
We all see the way of today with governments in muslim dominated states brazenly subjugating other groups and coming out to rub it on peoples faces that they are doing that because the state is ' a muslim dominated state like kwara'. If you are from the North, you see and hear that alot but Buhari's regime seems to have emboldened that sentiment.
Finally, not my strongest argument, but why are muslims insistent on sending their wards to christian schools and insisting on change those schools to accommodate them even though there are muslim schools but you don't see it happening the other way round with christians going to muslim schools and asking for the schools to change by force to accommodate them? This raises the suspicion of infiltration and domination, if one were to be objective.
The thrust of your argument seems to be that they should be accommodated on the basis of love and tolerance but it seems they are forcing their wishes through with the backing of usually, Muslim government powers and that inspires rebellion and hatred - key example, Kwara and Kaduna state.
I hope I have been fair in my arguments without insults because I am on the same side of the divide and just being objective .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Fahdiga(m): 9:27am On Mar 19, 2021
Sirjamo:
1. This was just a speach by the military governor, not the law enacted to change the status of the schools.

2. The speech was delivered in 1972 not 74. I assume ( Not sure) the last time schools status were changed was 1974.

3. If these conditions were still relevant and backed by the law, where did the high court and appeal court get the legal backing to rule in favor of hijab?

4. Why are Christians afraid of hijab in a predominantly Yoruba state like Kwara?

There's no basis for any Christian to condemn hijab in Kwara state due to the following reasons:

a. Kwara and all Yoruba States has no record of hijab wearing suicide bomber.

b. Hijab is not new to Christianity. Catholic sisters wear something very similar.

c. Hijab depicts morality, is Christianity no longer a moral religion?

d. Hijab is optional even to the Muslims, no one is forcing the Christians to wear it.

I AM DONE TALKING

See reasoning. I de shame on your behalf

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) by Sterope(f): 9:28am On Mar 19, 2021
The same people Christians defended or kept mute?

Bleep off please!

Mikecold:
There is no other religion that is as free to criticize as christianity and you know that in your hypocritic heart

We all call out apostle suleiman, biodun fatoyinbo and banter them publicly here even when we haven't even proved anything yet

Even though all of the sexual allegations against suileman have been taken aback by the very acussers

I am not interested in your mental health crisis and who is getting under your skin or having you mentally disturbed

You were the one who quoted me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"Babangida Aliyu Deceived Jonathan" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / 5 Youngest Heads Of State In Nigeria's History: Age And Date Of Birth (Video) / Photos From Bomb Blast In Baga Fish Market, Borno Scene Of Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.